9 receptions 85 yards 2 td
233 return yards
436 total yards

Bush
45 carries 147 yards
23 receptions 187 yards
57 return yards
391 total yards

i guess the saints picked the wrong guy too. also maurice plays offense much less than reggie otherwise he could have even bigger numbers.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
Jones-Drew
20 carries 118 yards
233 return yards
436 total yards

Bush
45 carries 147 yards
23 receptions 187 yards
57 return yards
391 total yards

i guess the saints picked the wrong guy too. also maurice plays offense much less than reggie otherwise he could have even bigger numbers.

Wait, who won the Heisman again?

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 07:02 PM
eddie george where is he now? ricky williams where is he now? jason white where is he now? this is the NFL brotha

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
My Pick

Lawrence Maroney(spelling)

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 07:22 PM
wow...we are a quarter of the way through the year and people are saying teams picked wrong? :rolleyes: There is a lot of ball left to play people...:rolleyes:

Technoredneck
10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Wait, who won the Heisman again?
At least until the finish the investigation into the money and the housing arrangements.:D

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Wait, who won the Heisman again? Who should have?

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2006, 08:06 PM
eddie george where is he now? ricky williams where is he now? jason white where is he now? this is the NFL brotha

uhh Eddie George was a Pro Bowl RB in the NFL..So I dont think he belongs in this list.

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
yeah he was good his first few years and then became a nobody.

bulldogman06
10-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Reggie Bush will end up much better, but you have to look at how well Deuce is playing this year.

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 10:32 PM
yeah he was good his first few years and then became a nobody. lol

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 10:33 PM
all im trying to point out is maurice is producing more all purpose yards than reggie with half the playing time. and of course he's averaging way more yards per touch on offense.

wedo
10-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Jones-Drew
20 carries 118 yards
233 return yards
436 total yards

Bush
45 carries 147 yards
23 receptions 187 yards
57 return yards
391 total yards

Thats b/c Bush is used as decoy a lot of the time!! He opens things up for everyone else!!!

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 10:45 PM
oh yeah 20 carries compared to 45 is just reggie being a decoy. im talking about when they touch the ball who is more productive.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2006, 10:52 PM
yeah he was good his first few years and then became a nobody.

Yea 10,000 yards is a nobody...Had 7 1000 yard season out of 8..5 deasons of 1200 or more..4 of 1300 or more...Those are not just good for a few years

Keith7
10-02-2006, 08:34 AM
so because Reggie Bush doesn't return kicks as often as Maurice Drew, that makes him worse?? nah.. do this thread in 3-5 years and we will see where they stand..

I promise u that the Saints would rather have 391 total yards then 1.5 sacks

VanKampen
12-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Maurice had a huge game today. 15 carries 166 yards, 2 touchdowns and a 93 yard kickoff return for a touchdown.

VanKampen
12-17-2006, 04:40 PM
he played well in a loss today. 98 yards rushing and a td. much better than reggie bush this season.

LitanyofFury
12-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Right now. . .let me emphasize that. . .RIGHT NOW. . .Reggie Bush is a glorified scat back. He has not shown that he can actually take a handoff and run the football well. He plays very well in space when he catches those short passes, but that's it. He's also ran mediocre as a punt returner. He has one return for a TD and his average is pretty atrocious.

Reggie has a whopping 7 TDs on the year. 4 of which came against the 49ers in a blowout when the Saints fed Reggie the ball over and over in the red zone after the team had done the work getting down the field.

Reggie also plays on THE best offense in the NFL. Today they looked terrible, but over the course of the year they've beat eating people alive yardage wise, etc. So, it isn't like Reggie is doing all of this on a terrible team, like say. . .the Tennessee Titans. He's got Drew Brees tossing him the ball, he's got Deuce to carry the load for him, and he's got great receivers to spread the field and create space for his short catches that turn into big plays.

This isn't to say that Reggie won't eventually become a dominant back (IMHO I don't think he ever will, too small and likes to dance around and show-off too much), but at this point in time he's MAYBE tied for third among rookie RBs.

1. Maurice Jones-Drew
2. Laurence Maroney
3. Joseph Addai/Reggie Bush

People need to start remembering that this is the NFL and not USC and the Wack-10. He's been decent but then again, who hasn't in that Saints offense? The dang fullback has like 5 TDs or so. . .sheesh.

GreenGobbla
12-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by LitanyofFury
Right now. . .let me emphasize that. . .RIGHT NOW. . .Reggie Bush is a glorified scat back. He has not shown that he can actually take a handoff and run the football well. He plays very well in space when he catches those short passes, but that's it. He's also ran mediocre as a punt returner. He has one return for a TD and his average is pretty atrocious.

Reggie has a whopping 7 TDs on the year. 4 of which came against the 49ers in a blowout when the Saints fed Reggie the ball over and over in the red zone after the team had done the work getting down the field.

Reggie also plays on THE best offense in the NFL. Today they looked terrible, but over the course of the year they've beat eating people alive yardage wise, etc. So, it isn't like Reggie is doing all of this on a terrible team, like say. . .the Tennessee Titans. He's got Drew Brees tossing him the ball, he's got Deuce to carry the load for him, and he's got great receivers to spread the field and create space for his short catches that turn into big plays.

This isn't to say that Reggie won't eventually become a dominant back (IMHO I don't think he ever will, too small and likes to dance around and show-off too much), but at this point in time he's MAYBE tied for third among rookie RBs.

1. Maurice Jones-Drew
2. Laurence Maroney
3. Joseph Addai/Reggie Bush

People need to start remembering that this is the NFL and not USC and the Wack-10. He's been decent but then again, who hasn't in that Saints offense? The dang fullback has like 5 TDs or so. . .sheesh.

i think karney only has three touchdowns..

LitanyofFury
12-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla

Which leads the NFL for fullbacks.....

themsu97
12-18-2006, 09:05 AM
keep this in mind... until 2-3 weeks ago, Bush had not done much of anything in the 3rd best offense in the league... if he were a Texan it would be worse... proving that the Texans need plenty of help...
2-3 years from now plenty of things will and may change... any one of them may be out of football due to injury...
overall this was the best Texan draft in history...

Adidas410s
12-18-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla

true...all of which were scored against the Cowboys! :(

Phil C
12-18-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
true...all of which were scored against the Cowboys! :(

:(