PDA

View Full Version : 3A Running Backs

fballfan
10-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I havent heard much of dominant runners in the state. Who is showing promise?

mistanice
10-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Dibolls junior Ketaraus Stanton has ran for 580 yards on 57 atts. 10 yards per carry. 8 rushing tds, 3 rec. tds. Not too bad.

GetRDoneStangs
10-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Joseph Banyard... Sweetwater... I know he was over 100 last week, but he had a pretty good game agianst Big Spring this week..

Rushing...8-188 yard and 2 TDs
Recieving....2-61 yards and 1 TD
Total all purpose yards.... 291

RdaleBoi08
10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Rockdale's Kortlin White , has 69 Carries for 379 and 6 Rushing TD's.

Boosty_Hondo
10-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Andy Werner from hondo he is incredible dont know what his stats are but im pretty sure they are outstanding

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by RdaleBoi08
Rockdale's Kortlin White , has 69 Carries for 379 and 6 Rushing TD's. HAHAHHAHAHAHAH BRAGGER!

fballfan
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
well whats the deal with the decatur running back?? i know preseason he was sounding like a dominant force. Is he any good?

Dogman_1969
10-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Everyone can stop searching. The best RB in all divisions would have to be the kid from Madisonville. His stats may not be the best but when you are 6'3" and about 225# and run a ligit 4.5 sec forty and run the ball like he does then you are in the top group.

For some reason he isn't carring the ball as much as you would think but still is gaining yards in big gains. This all said he is only a sophomore.

If his grades are decent, he will be the next big RB out of Texas and may be better than Adrian Peterson after it's all said and done.....

wimbo_pro
10-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Wow, 6'3" and 225 is what the colleges are looking for.

WTF-82
10-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I went saw,

Chris Roberson of Monahans this past weekend, he is a very good back in the open field defenders, flat out have to jump on him and drag him by the pads or face mask, to bring him down a very hard runner with good speed. Every time he touches the ball he is very dangerous also a great blocker. Hamstring bothering him a little bit but I was very impressed.

NateDawg39
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by fballfan
well whats the deal with the decatur running back?? i know preseason he was sounding like a dominant force. Is he any good? He is very good. Has the speed of the former Eagle Godboldt and has a little power when he runs. I saw him against Burk and I havent seen a kid get to the hole that quick in all my 19 years...shut up thats a long time! Stiff arms incredibly well.

Underwater Basketweaver
10-02-2006, 02:41 PM
well whats the deal with the decatur running back?? i know preseason he was sounding like a dominant force. Is he any good?

He is doing well. He has about 425 yards so far. Has not had any breakout games so far, partly because Cobb has carried the ball a lot, but the kid is doing very well. He is very fast. He is still learning how to use his feet a little bit, and he doesn't have any girlfriend problems either.

DukeNukem
10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Banyard from Sweetwater and Roberson from Monahans are the total package. Both are strong, fast, and physical runners as well as blockers.

Green from Sweetwater can scoot. Not necessarily a terrific all-around back but if he gets enough touches he will break one for sure.

Although he moved to QB, Washington from Greenwood is a great runner as well.

Bullaholic
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I know this is a RB thread, but I think 3 of the best runners are QB's:

1. Fitzhenry- Giddings
2. Cobb- Decatur
3. Vick- Brecekenridge

wimbo_pro
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Michael Buse, Wimberley. 5'11", 200 lbs, 4.46/40 measured at A&M camp. 27 reps @ 185 lbs. Has formal offer on the table from KU as a running back. Plays both ways, runs back kick offs and punts, so gets less carries than he otherwise would (probably about 12 a game). No doubt his stats for RB wont compare too well because of this. Also, the offense Wimberley runs spreads the ball quite a bit passing and with QB keepers. He is deadly with the screen pass.

But as far as which RB has impact on the game, he is certainly one of the best.

Cameron Crazy
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
I went saw,

Chris Roberson of Monahans this past weekend, he is a very good back in the open field defenders, flat out have to jump on him and drag him by the pads or face mask, to bring him down a very hard runner with good speed. Every time he touches the ball he is very dangerous also a great blocker. Hamstring bothering him a little bit but I was very impressed. He didnt play to good against us! Our defense just shut him down!

Funk-d-fied
10-02-2006, 04:49 PM
This kid named "cowboy" is running wild, these totals were before this past friday. I think he is over 1000 on the season going into this weeks games. He had 800+ going into this past week and in the game he scored 4 times.

http://www.oaoa.com/sports/sp092906c.htm

fballfan
10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
He is doing well. He has about 425 yards so far. Has not had any breakout games so far, partly because Cobb has carried the ball a lot, but the kid is doing very well. He is very fast. He is still learning how to use his feet a little bit, and he doesn't have any girlfriend problems either.

I saw him last week, the kid has mad quick feet, he can drive for smaller guy too. What do you mean girlfriend problems? Does decatur have a hsitory of gf problems?

Highschoolfan78
10-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Fabian Olgin is up there with the best.. I have none of his stats.. but his speed is wicked and his awarness and ability to move around the defense is amazing.

Matthew328
10-02-2006, 07:13 PM
If you ask me the back who can change a game the quickest is Shawnbrey McNeal from Dallas Madison....

ThE_OnE_lObOe
10-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Luis "cowboy" Ortega already has 1119 yds on the season he's not very fast but very tough to tackle
and Roberson of monahans is very talented he has very great balance and can go for 6 any given play and he is complemented by a very strong FB in Josh Rodriguez who is very close to 600+ yards they didn't play well this week but thats over and done with i look for an awesome rushing game this friday

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
This looks like a homer thread to me, so......

Brent Bode, 78 att, 722 yds, 7 td's, 5 catches, 127 yds

PPHSfan
10-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If you ask me the back who can change a game the quickest is Shawnbrey McNeal from Dallas Madison....

I was wondering when sense and reason would take over.

wimbo_pro
10-02-2006, 09:26 PM
I can back up Panther Mom on the Bode selection...he is quite the threat to ANY defensive scheme.

gold_33
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This looks like a homer thread to me, so......

Brent Bode, 78 att, 722 yds, 7 td's, 5 catches, 127 yds

Bode was as advertised last week, he looks way more comfortable at RB than last year playing QB. Also as my homer pick, Michael Buse should get some mention as a top 3A runningback. He has has great speed to go along with his power, most teams we faced last year in the will most likely agree with me that he's very underrated. Not for sure on this years stats, maybe you could help me out wimbo_pro?

sweetwater07
10-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
Andy Werner from hondo he is incredible dont know what his stats are but im pretty sure they are outstanding

Hondo plays no one.....kind of wondering why yall are asking for credit when yalls schedule is a joke..lol

NateDawg39
10-02-2006, 11:12 PM
I saw him last week, the kid has mad quick feet, he can drive for smaller guy too. What do you mean girlfriend problems? Does decatur have a hsitory of gf problems? Nobody did when I was there...

Underwater Basketweaver
10-03-2006, 06:49 AM
I saw him last week, the kid has mad quick feet, he can drive for smaller guy too. What do you mean girlfriend problems? Does decatur have a hsitory of gf problems?

Read posts from Josh Trant. He made big joke about girlfriend problems. He doesn't even have one.

wimbo_pro
10-03-2006, 09:17 AM
Gold...I am on my way to New Mexico right now (wont make Friday's game till half time!!) and dont have the stats with me. I'll ask his Dad if he has them.

handNthedirt
10-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Blue Ridge JV has a beast at RB.....he runs like the wind blows.