PDA

View Full Version : Astros down to last 3 outs...

pirate4state
10-01-2006, 02:35 PM
with the top of the order up in the top of the 9th!!! :clap:

C'mon 'Stros!!!

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Go Stros Go! Go Stros Go! :clap:

carter08
10-01-2006, 02:37 PM
YOU CAN DO IT

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Explain the scenario?

pirate4state
10-01-2006, 02:41 PM
that was quick, 3 up / 3 down :( I think their season is over. The Cards are down 0-5 right now

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 02:46 PM
yep, that's it for this year. They should have some money to spend and a lot of needs they need to address.

Whatever it takes, they need to dump Lane and Ensberg. Those guys sucked this year. It would be nice to see Carloe Lee in an Astros Uni next year. There may be some other needs that can be addressed if the Yankees faulter in the playoffs. The word is that the front office isn't very fond of A-Rod. If the yanks wanted to eat some salary that might be a good pickup.

Bulldog_12
10-01-2006, 02:48 PM
I hate it when im right....:(

Technoredneck
10-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
yep, that's it for this year. They should have some money to spend and a lot of needs they need to address.

Whatever it takes, they need to dump Lane and Ensberg. Those guys sucked this year. It would be nice to see Carloe Lee in an Astros Uni next year. There may be some other needs that can be addressed if the Yankees faulter in the playoffs. The word is that the front office isn't very fond of A-Rod. If the yanks wanted to eat some salary that might be a good pickup.
I don't think Houston is big enough market for A-Rod anymore, I think if he leaves NY he'll go to California, my opinion.

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
I don't think Houston is big enough market for A-Rod anymore, I think if he leaves NY he'll go to California, my opinion.

I don't think he did a very good job of handling the pressure in a tough media market. I think a step back might be good for him.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 03:01 PM
The astros have a lot more issues than A-rod would solve. His pricetag would be too much and they need alot of help :helpme:

Maroon87
10-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the ride! Here's to next year...:(

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
The astros have a lot more issues than A-rod would solve. His pricetag would be too much and they need alot of help :helpme:

yea his price tag is steep, but maybe the yankees will pay part of it to move him. They've got the money and a glaring need to get younger in the pitching staff. Maybe we could work something out. The Astros have to do something to put some bite in their lineup.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Wow I wish the Stros would have had a player that "did not handle the pressure well in NY" who last year was MVP and this year hit .290 with 35 bombs and 121 RBI.

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wow I wish the Stros would have had a player that "did not handle the pressure well in NY" who last year was MVP and this year hit .290 with 35 bombs and 121 RBI.

That's exactly my point. The media hounds him and the fans think of him as a pseudo yankee. About a month ago he was asked by the media how handled not living up to expectations. He replied "why don't you ask Mariono Rivera or Jason Giambi the same question?" From what I read, there were words exchanged in the clubhouse between Giambi and A-Rod. I think the yanks want to drop him and will if they don't win the world series.