PDA

View Full Version : Should the Admin's DISABLE the ratings??

bluetiger
09-16-2003, 09:57 PM
I've been reading for awhile. The board is filled with a bunch of look at me im down to 3 4 5 1 2 stars.

crzyjournalist03
09-16-2003, 10:05 PM
I do get tired of reading about it every time someone loses a star. Not everybody deserves to be a 5, and only those who have earned the respect of masses keep 5 stars...that's the way it should be...with that said, there is abuse of the system, but oh well...people don't realize that 4 stars or 3 stars isn't a bad thing.

Bulldog92
09-16-2003, 10:52 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is about how many stars someone has anyway. To prove my point, I am officially lobbying for 1's instead of 5's. It's always better to be #1, right? :D

slpybear the bullfan
09-16-2003, 11:09 PM
I think the admins should appoint a panel to award stars... or drop it all together...

sinton66
09-17-2003, 06:44 AM
That's actually not a bad idea at all, Slpybear. At least it could be applied uniformily that way. wink

3afan2K3
09-17-2003, 07:49 AM
JUst stop crying about some stupid little oarnge stars. If your really concerened that someone moght judge you over some stars then just turn them off.

Ranger Mom
09-17-2003, 08:36 AM
I could have sworn back earlier that Jacket44 said they were going to be disabled when the season rolled around anyway!!

spiveyrat
09-17-2003, 11:28 AM
I can't believe this keeps coming up! :rolleyes:

Brahma73
09-17-2003, 11:44 AM
I don't know what's more lame. Discussion on meaningless star ratings or discussion or Emeal. I'm tired of both!

Green Ranger
09-17-2003, 02:12 PM
It is the admins forum, I think they need to award stars on the basis on the post they read from each poster. That or nominate a board, one from each region to award stars. Flip side of that there is only one true judge in the end and I really dont care what others think about me.

MonkeyJoe
09-18-2003, 04:04 PM
:rolleyes:

HotDawg89
09-18-2003, 04:45 PM
I don't know... I started thinking about it, cause I'm one of those people who have never been a 5, never said anything truly tacky or rude either- I have had like 50 ratings, and I'm one of the people who have asked for a favor, and one of them who have griped about a couple of rear ends giving averyone a 1...

Reflection? I really think of that children's story by Max Lucado about the stickers. Long story short, there is this little town of wooden people and all they have to do ..their entire life's purpose... is to hand out stars or dots. You get stars if you are good or they like you, dots if they don't like you. This one girl, has neither. They simply won't stick to her at all. It is because she visits the little people carver and she realizes all that is important is what he thinks of her- so nothing anyone else says "sticks to her" Great story huh? So I'm officially going to quit griping- and I'm going to disable my stars. I'm also going to post this on a new thread- just for people to think about it.