PDA

View Full Version : 24-3A Needville Bluejays?? Sleeper Team??

IHStangFan
10-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Needville is right down the road from me, and I have been talking about going to check out what they have as far as a football team. So this morning I pulled up their schedule and found that, they are 4-0 so far this year. Their schedule goes as follows:

Date Opponent Score
Sept. 1 Santa Fe* 33-27
Sept. 8 at Calhoun Sandcrabs* 32-14
Sept. 15 No Game 0-0
Sept. 22 Sharpstown*51-0
Sept. 29 at Columbus Cardinals 20-13
Oct. 6 Sweeny Bulldogs 0-0
Oct. 13 Sealy Tigers 0-0
Oct. 20 at Brookshire Royal 0-0
Oct. 27 Columbia Roughnecks 0-0
Nov. 3 at Stafford Spartans 0-0
Nov. 10 Wharton Tigers 0-0
*Denotes non-district game

I was shocked to see that they manhandled Port Lavaca who handed Ingleside their butts 2 weeks ago. I am going to have to keep an eye on Needville. They are my new offical dark horse for 2006....it is so!

carter08
10-01-2006, 11:43 AM
you must go o the Columbia/ Needville game in a few weeks. then you'll get to see a good team

IHStangFan
10-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by carter08
you must go o the Columbia/ Needville game in a few weeks. then you'll get to see a good team we are thinking about it, but I'm willing to bet that Needville wont be the pushover team Wharton and WC seem to think theyre gonna be.

Good luck to both teams!

DaRaiderz
10-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Dont hang your hat on that Port Lavaca victory. PL is not very good, which means Ingleside is not very good. All that game does is once again demonstrate the difference in football in the Houston area and football in South Texas. A good team from the Houson area beats Port Lavaca by several touchdowns while a good team from South Texas gets beat by the same Port Lavaca team by several touchdowns. But people from South Texas will still argue until they are blue in the face that Region 4 is just as strong as Region 3.

Needville is a good team however and should win the district if they can stay healthy. They have very good coaches and big, strong, coachable kids. That combination is going to win you a lot of football games in high school football.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2006, 12:26 PM

I have seen 5 teams play from 24 3a, West Columbia picked to win the district was beat by Bellville 43-12, Saw the Needville vs Columbus game was not impressed with Needville, Columbus is not very good but would have beat Needville if the Cards could have held on the ball late in the game. Have not seen Wharton but almost got beat by a Sealy team that Bellville beat by more that 35 points. dont know about the other teams in the district, but come play-off time District 24 vs District 23, 23 will go 3-0.
Bulls eye was at the Sealy vs Wharton game lets see what he has to say about District 24?
That how I see it!!!!

carter08
10-01-2006, 12:27 PM
24-3A is better than 23-3A

Tiger3
10-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I guess we will see how this plays out between the two districts come playoff time.
Who else will contend for a playoff spot out off 23-3a besides Bellville and Giddings?

Bull19
10-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Tiger3
I guess we will see how this plays out between the two districts come playoff time.
Who else will contend for a playoff spot out off 23-3a besides Bellville and Giddings?

MOST LIKELY EITHER CALDWELL OR NAVASOTA,ALTHOUGH THEIR ARE A FEW PEOPLE WHO THINK LA GRANGE HAS A CHANCE, BUT I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING.

I AGREE WITH FBB. I TOO WAS IN ATTENDENCE AT THE NEEDVILLE/COLUMBUS GAME. NEEDVILLE IS A VERY BEATABLE TEAM. THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY STANDOUT PLAYS OR ATHLETES TO BRAG ABOUT. THEY ARE BASICALLY JUST YOUR RUN OF THE MILL HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. COLUMBUS PLAYED A TOUGH GAME, I BELIEVE WITH A LITTLE BETTER PLAY CALLING AND IF THEY COULD HAVE HELD ON TO THE BALL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER THEY WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME. LOOK FOR NEEDVILLE TO SUFFER 2 OR 3 LOSSES IN DISTRICT. VERY VERY AVERAGE TEAM

DaRaiderz
10-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by carter08
24-3A is better than 23-3A

No way man. There are two teams in 23 that will blow away the best 24 has to offer.

Dont write Needville off just because they didn't look good against Columbus though. Columbus is bad, I'll give you that, but Needville is much better than they showed this past Friday. I personally believe teams tend to play poorly on days there is no school. Friday was Fair Day in Ft Bend county and Needville did not have school. It might be why they had 150 yards in penalties. Their heads were not in the game. Needville will be fine and I still say they will win this district. For them to win a playoff game though, they have to dodge Bellville and Giddings in the 1st round.

Crow22
10-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
MOST LIKELY EITHER CALDWELL OR NAVASOTA,ALTHOUGH THEIR ARE A FEW PEOPLE WHO THINK LA GRANGE HAS A CHANCE, BUT I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING.

I AGREE WITH FBB. I TOO WAS IN ATTENDENCE AT THE NEEDVILLE/COLUMBUS GAME. NEEDVILLE IS A VERY BEATABLE TEAM. THEY DIDNT HAVE ANY STANDOUT PLAYS OR ATHLETES TO BRAG ABOUT. THEY ARE BASICALLY JUST YOUR RUN OF THE MILL HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. COLUMBUS PLAYED A TOUGH GAME, I BELIEVE WITH A LITTLE BETTER PLAY CALLING AND IF THEY COULD HAVE HELD ON TO THE BALL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER THEY WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME. LOOK FOR NEEDVILLE TO SUFFER 2 OR 3 LOSSES IN DISTRICT. VERY VERY AVERAGE TEAM

PLEASE STOP SCREAMING!!!

lol...

Anyway, we played like hammered doo-doo and managed to win over a much improved Columbus team. We'll be fine.

But, until we impress Bulls19, we're just you're run of the mill football team......

Thanks.

MSU01
10-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe Needville's buses were too cold, maybe they ate too many soft pretzels at the fair, or maybe they had their socks pulled up to high. What other excuses can be thought of? Maybe Columbus was not quite the push over team that the Needville FANS thought they would be. I am pretty sure the players and coaches from Needville would agree that they had to fight for that victory. Quit making excuses for a hard fought game. Yes there were penalties and turnovers, but it is football and there are no perfect high school football teams.

SintonFan
10-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Needville is right down the road from me, and I have been talking about going to check out what they have as far as a football team. So this morning I pulled up their schedule and found that, they are 4-0 so far this year. Their schedule goes as follows:

Date Opponent Score
Sept. 1 Santa Fe* 33-27
Sept. 8 at Calhoun Sandcrabs* 32-14
Sept. 15 No Game 0-0
Sept. 22 Sharpstown*51-0
Sept. 29 at Columbus Cardinals 20-13
Oct. 6 Sweeny Bulldogs 0-0
Oct. 13 Sealy Tigers 0-0
Oct. 20 at Brookshire Royal 0-0
Oct. 27 Columbia Roughnecks 0-0
Nov. 3 at Stafford Spartans 0-0
Nov. 10 Wharton Tigers 0-0
*Denotes non-district game

I was shocked to see that they manhandled Port Lavaca who handed Ingleside their butts 2 weeks ago. I am going to have to keep an eye on Needville. They are my new offical dark horse for 2006....it is so!
Orange Grove would beat PLC 44-3.:D

KL3
10-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by DaRaiderz
No way man. There are two teams in 23 that will blow away the best 24 has to offer.

Dont write Needville off just because they didn't look good against Columbus though. Columbus is bad, I'll give you that, but Needville is much better than they showed this past Friday. I personally believe teams tend to play poorly on days there is no school.

All I've seen are the scores, but when I see Needville only beat Sante Fe by a touchdown, that doesn't show me anything. Bellville scrimmaged them and beat them 51-14 I believe.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by KL3
All I've seen are the scores, but when I see Needville only beat Sante Fe by a touchdown, that doesn't show me anything. Bellville scrimmaged them and beat them 51-14 I believe.

Santa Fe didn't look like a very good team in that scrimmage. I think Needville is much like LaGrange, they are undefeated but really hadn't played a quality opponent. Both had close games with below average teams, so I'm not quite sold yet.

KingRob
10-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Dont hang your hat on that Port Lavaca victory. PL is not very good, which means Ingleside is not very good. All that game does is once again demonstrate the difference in football in the Houston area and football in South Texas. A good team from the Houson area beats Port Lavaca by several touchdowns while a good team from South Texas gets beat by the same Port Lavaca team by several touchdowns. But people from South Texas will still argue until they are blue in the face that Region 4 is just as strong as Region 3.

Needville is a good team however and should win the district if they can stay healthy. They have very good coaches and big, strong, coachable kids. That combination is going to win you a lot of football games in high school football.

Actually Calhoun is playing pretty good ball right now. They have always had problems (their records speak for themselves.), but they have a good QB, and the new coach is working on things. I admit they are playing a lot of 3A teams on this years schedule, but Ingleside is a tough bunch. Now Tuloso -Midway and Yoakum. C'mon coach!!

KingRob
10-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Y'know, thinking about it a bit..maybe those wins will give the team some confidence?!? Can't exactly say all the talent is moving to Victoria, and going to Memorial!!

maestro
10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
needville is the front runner for the district!!

KingRob
10-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Agree 100%

IHStangFan
10-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

I have seen 5 teams play from 24 3a, West Columbia picked to win the district was beat by Bellville 43-12, Saw the Needville vs Columbus game was not impressed with Needville, Columbus is not very good but would have beat Needville if the Cards could have held on the ball late in the game. Have not seen Wharton but almost got beat by a Sealy team that Bellville beat by more that 35 points. dont know about the other teams in the district, but come play-off time District 24 vs District 23, 23 will go 3-0.
Bulls eye was at the Sealy vs Wharton game lets see what he has to say about District 24?
That how I see it!!!! [/B][/QUOTE] I know all about the hold on to the ball thing...Ingleside had like 4 or 5 turnovers against PLC.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2006, 09:05 PM

I did not write this, how did you get my name on your post?
Look Above?????

My post is the bottom part.

tigerpride_08
10-01-2006, 09:09 PM
district is open to anyone right now...

Crow22
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
district is open to anyone right now...

Bout time somebody said something that made sense.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Will Stafford be a player in this district? They defeated Brookshire 48-0.

IHStangFan
10-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Will Stafford be a player in this district? They defeated Brookshire 48-0. yes, Stafford is in this district.

Bull's-eye
10-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Will Stafford be a player in this district? They defeated Brookshire 48-0.

Are they capable of winning this district or making the playoffs?

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

More Bellville hubris.:D