PDA

View Full Version : Astros/Giants/Cardinals

AggieJohn
09-30-2006, 10:40 PM
So apparently moises alou and barry bonds will not play in the final game that St-louis has. Drayton has phoned bud selig, but selig says he can't do anything.....

kepdawg
09-30-2006, 10:47 PM
The Astros just better hope that game needs played!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
So apparently moises alou and barry bonds will not play in the final game that St-louis has. Drayton has phoned bud selig, but selig says he can't do anything.....

Why would they not play?

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why would they not play?

If the cardinal are 1.5 games ahead of the stros after today, then this game is meaningless - it will only make up .5 of a game and the cards will still be in first.

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

That's BS. I was thinking to myself last night how tough the games have been for all the contending teams playing teams that are out of it. The Braves aren't rolling over and the intensity in St. Louis has been pretty high from both clubs.

Now to read that Barry and Alou won't play (no surprise) - well it just irks me. They just don't get it.

maestro
10-01-2006, 10:47 AM
astros are 1.5 back....

if the astros win today.....

and the cards lose today.....

it is .5

so, if the cards play their make-up game and lose it, the astros win the playoff spot...

cards must go 0-2....

astros must go 1-0.....

SWMustang
10-01-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by maestro
astros are 1.5 back....

if the astros win today.....

and the cards lose today.....

it is .5

so, if the cards play their make-up game and lose it, the astros win the playoff spot...

cards must go 0-2....

astros must go 1-0.....

that's not quite accurate. If the Cards have to play the makeup game and lose it - they are tied with the Astros for 1st place and they have to come to Houston to play a 1 game winner take all plat off.