09-30-2006, 05:54 PM
YOUNG SPEED VRS. BANGED UP SPEED
4A VRS. 3A
BIG TIME TRADITION VRS. BIG TIME TRADITION

GOBBLER STADIUM FRIDAY NIGHT

ANYONE CARE TO PICK THIS ONE?

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 05:58 PM
bay city probably. cuero is missing too many players.

CueroDad2006
09-30-2006, 06:01 PM
DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BAY CITY?

The Stork
09-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Cuero still has our regular season winning streak going, right? Hopefully, they can hold off Bay City and hold onto the streak.

mean_green
09-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Cuero does have a lot of players out for this game. Should be a good game in Cuero. I still see Cuero being able to win this game. Bay City starts almost all Juniors and their line is not very good although they do have very good skill players.

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
they lost to WO-S 20-12 so they probably have an okay team. i know they got beat pretty badly their first two games but thats probably just from being young. i dont know if cuero is gonna have the speed to match them. losing quincey and tre is really going to leave a hole in the secondary.

GreenMachine
09-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Yes the Gobblers are banged up, but I still think they have real solid players that can bring home the W and keep the streak alive! :thumbsup:

rodeo-rider
09-30-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah, it will probably be like the last 2 weeks...will be won or lost in the last 10 seconds...:thinking:

raider red 2000
10-01-2006, 08:33 AM
cuero by 21.

BC probably ahs one of the toughest schedules in the state....and they will stay win-less.

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I think Cuero will win this one injuries and all. The Gobblers will find a way and the Cats are way down from recent deep playoff teams in 4a. They did give WOS a decent game but the Gobblers have refused to lose despite some tough opposition and adversity. That shows toughness.

JT44
10-01-2006, 09:20 AM
there's a lot of disgruntled fans and players in Bay City. I'm sure they want this one. Some help came with the return of one of their injured RB's. the message boards on texpreps in the houston forum usually have a lot of BC posters.
the WOS game was a "sloppy" game w/turnovers and penalties so Cuero will have to avoid those to win this one. WOS was only winning 13-10 in the 4th and scored late to win

Hopefully a week of practice will help the Cuero offense get on track. No more man in motion penalties and dropped passes. those guys stepping in are good, I think they just didn't think they would be called upon to win that game.

by the way, Fabian Olguin is back you know Bay City is gonna key on him.

Cuero by 14

gobbler grad
10-01-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm hoping for a Gobbler win this week, but the main thing is we don't lose anyone else to that injury bug...good luck guys and give it your all...

GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN...GO MEAN GREEN

mean_green
10-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
they lost to WO-S 20-12 so they probably have an okay team. i know they got beat pretty badly their first two games but thats probably just from being young. i dont know if cuero is gonna have the speed to match them. losing quincey and tre is really going to leave a hole in the secondary.

The West Orange Stark game was very sloppy, WO could have won this game by a couple of TD's but turnovers made this game a close game. This game in Cuero should be a good one. If the Gobblers can get up on them early I can see the wheels falling off of a 0-4 Bay City team. Cuero has SOLID backups and will play really well this week after getting tons of reps. I say Cuero by 7-14 points.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Gooo Meeaaannnn Grreeeennnnn! Go Mean Green! Gooo Meeaaannnn Grreeeennnnn! Go Mean Green! Goo Meeaaannnn Grreeeennnnn! Go Mean Green! :clap: Herb would be proud!!:D

KingRob
10-01-2006, 05:49 PM
My heart is asking for a breather! But this tough schedule has made Cuero battered, but I still think they have the gusto and will. Last year the Victoria Advocate ran an article in regards to Cuero having the same coaching staff 7th grade on up. There might have to be some JV upgrades in order for the starters to heal, but something tells me they are up for the job. It will be another good game, but i think the Gobblers will take it at home:

Survey says:
Cuero - 33
Bay City - 17

LET'S GO CUERO!!!

gobblers?
10-01-2006, 06:44 PM
hopefully the last two games gave the gobblers a reality check and let them know they arent invinceable...but it probably didnt...BC 24 cuero 14

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by gobblers?
hopefully the last two games gave the gobblers a reality check and let them know they arent invinceable...but it probably didnt...BC 24 cuero 14
if they didnt have 4 or 5 starters out it wouldnt have been as close last week

gobblers?
10-01-2006, 06:49 PM
doubt it

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 06:57 PM
you're probably right

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Maybe wouldn't have been this close, maybe would have, we'll never know. The best thing is we got the W and I believe we get the W again this week! ;)

Technoredneck
10-01-2006, 09:09 PM
reading this thread, of mostly Cuero posters. & reading the predictions I get the feeling most of these are heart predictions and not head predictions!

MagicMan
10-01-2006, 09:10 PM
i made a good prediction.

44INAROW
10-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
reading this thread, of mostly Cuero posters. & reading the predictions I get the feeling most of these are heart predictions and not head predictions!

and your point is?:confused:

TAMUGRAD
10-02-2006, 12:08 AM
I think Gobbler? and MagicMan are one in the same.

MagicMan
10-02-2006, 12:28 AM
bad prediction mate

wedo
10-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Its hard to predict this game!! Cuero is a good team and Bay City has played a brutal schedule and is really young!! I've seen BC play a couple time this year and they do have the talent its just that they are extremely young! i think they start 2 seniors on Defense and 1 on Offense! they just have not been clicking at all !! I think that they could have won the WOS game but inexperinced play on a punt gave WOS good field position for the go ahead TD!! My prediction is just a good game!! b/c i think that BC is better than thier 0-4 mark!!

gato 76
10-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Talk about a tough schedule ST Pius 4-0,Waller4-1,WOS 4-0,Brenham 4-1,Cuero 4-0.I would not take BC too lightly they have shown some improvement put 28 pts on Brenham 1st defense.Like some other people have said they are very young on both sides of the ball,and on defense sometimes play 4 soph.I think Cuero has the team to beat the city cats,but it should be a close game.I know after the WOS game BC banged them up pretty good so the city cats play a physical defense just they have not got many breaks go there way.Im going with BC in this one 28-21.

gobblers?
10-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
I think Gobbler? and MagicMan are one in the same.

well i think you are a...wait, probably shouldn't say that on here

sintonfanseguin
10-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Bay City wins!!!

GS#17
10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
A few things to realize about BC's first few games. They had a lot of turnovers, and several of them were returned for scores. When they played WOS, they played a much cleaner game and looked pretty good (having their RB return for that game was definitely a morale boost for them). WOS had an injury to its starting QB in the first series of the game and the backup QB, who is usually a starting WR, had injured his back during the scrimmages. To make a long story short, WOS was unable to effectively throw the ball throughout the game. Either way, a lot of credit goes to BC -- they're a much better team than their record would indicate. They have a good offense and a pretty strong defense. They'll give a 100% effort, but in the end, I think Cuero will take them.

gato 76
10-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by mean_green
The West Orange Stark game was very sloppy, WO could have won this game by a couple of TD's but turnovers made this game a close game. This game in Cuero should be a good one. If the Gobblers can get up on them early I can see the wheels falling off of a 0-4 Bay City team. Cuero has SOLID backups and will play really well this week after getting tons of reps. I say Cuero by 7-14 points.

That has been wos toughest game so far.BC had both QB for wos running for there life,wos had the ball at least 3 times inside the BC 10 yd line and ended up 3/4 down with 15 or 20 yds for a 1st down.That game was BC they should have won that game but made some youthful mistakes to put wos in the game.

LHPfactory
10-03-2006, 07:51 AM
Cuero Wins.

neck_94
10-03-2006, 09:17 AM
have seen them both play.

Cuero 56
Bay City 7

GreenMachine
10-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
have seen them both play.

Cuero 56
Bay City 7 I doubt it. Win or lose I hope this is an injury free game.

44INAROW
10-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Win or lose I hope this is an injury free game.

I agree GreenMachine -

Pudlugger
10-03-2006, 09:55 AM
In 2001 when the Leps played Bay City in the HEB Classic openning game at the Alamo Dome both teams were defending State Champions in 3A and 4A respectively. Both teams went to the State finals that year and lost in close matches. The Leps hung with the Cats all afternoon finally losing 9-0. The difference in that game came down to an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called on our defensive end after a friendly helmet pat after a 14 yard sack on 4th and short at midfield late in the game. [note to all young players, the refs can't always tell when you're being friendly or showing off] If Bay City is 0-4 and struggling this year, I don't think a seasoned team like Cuero will have a problem beating them 3a or not. They probably won't blow them out but they should win by a td or so. I guess what I'm saying is when top 3a meets top 4a it usually goes to the 4a, but can be close. When top 3a goes against a struggling 4a the 3a team usually wins.

gato 76
10-03-2006, 09:59 AM
It will be a very physical fought game,BC hungry for a win.I also hope it will be a injury free game bettween 2 very good programs.The blackcats will also be playing hard for there kicker Tyler Farrar who played his last game 2 wks ago,Tyler had to quit last yr cause of cancer,it went to remmission but 2wks ago he was told it had spread so he played his last game against Brenham.Please keep him in your prayers.

Gobbla2001
10-03-2006, 10:27 AM
no mas injuritos por favor

GreenGobbla
10-03-2006, 04:07 PM
bay city-35

cuero-31

cuero has too many injuries.

gobblers?
10-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
bay city-35

cuero-31

cuero has too many injuries.

and too many big heads and too many people that either dont know how, or dont want to, play as a team

The Stork
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I think gobblers? must have been on the team last year.

Pudlugger
10-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
It will be a very physical fought game,BC hungry for a win.I also hope it will be a injury free game bettween 2 very good programs.The blackcats will also be playing hard for there kicker Tyler Farrar who played his last game 2 wks ago,Tyler had to quit last yr cause of cancer,it went to remmission but 2wks ago he was told it had spread so he played his last game against Brenham.Please keep him in your prayers.

God bless him.

MagicMan
10-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by The Stork
he's probably just telling it like it is but no one from cuero wants to believe that their team has a problem with egos. not waffles. personalities.

gobblers?
10-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by The Stork

nope, but it does seem that only the ones who have experienced it first hand are willing to admit it. people are just scared of the truth (as am i) but the gobblers could be in a world of trouble if things dont change.

hata_hurta06
10-03-2006, 08:06 PM
evn with the injuries cuero rolls bay city is not very good

gobblers?
10-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by hata_hurta06
evn with the injuries cuero rolls bay city is not very good

have you seen them play? i havn't but after looking at the teams the have played and the scores of those games, i'd say they have a good chance to win this game. i really don't see cuero "rolling" in this game, but we'll see

TAMUGRAD
10-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Still think that MagicMan=Gobblers?

In otherwords they are one in the same.

gobblers?
10-03-2006, 09:38 PM

im pretty sure no one cares what you think. lol what would be the point of posting back and forth to eachother? get a clue

MagicMan
10-03-2006, 09:59 PM
just look at his/her name. aggie. hahaha. they grab their privates with one minute left in the 4th quarter of football games and scream as loud as they can.

GreenGobbla
10-04-2006, 03:31 PM

i know who magicman is and im pretty sure i know who gobblers? is and they arent the same...

aggies+lost to tech=HAHA

gobblerfan02
10-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
i know who magicman is and im pretty sure i know who gobblers? is and they arent the same...

aggies+lost to tech=HAHA

After I thought the dlow tried to filter out all of the idiots out there!!!!

MagicMan
10-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
After I thought the dlow tried to filter out all of the idiots out there!!!!

and this is coming from one of the biggest idiots i have ever known

wedo
10-04-2006, 06:32 PM
why don't we get back to talking about the game!!!

WOS1
10-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Its hard to predict this game!! Cuero is a good team and Bay City has played a brutal schedule and is really young!! I've seen BC play a couple time this year and they do have the talent its just that they are extremely young! i think they start 2 seniors on Defense and 1 on Offense! they just have not been clicking at all !! I think that they could have won the WOS game but inexperinced play on a punt gave WOS good field position for the go ahead TD!! My prediction is just a good game!! b/c i think that BC is better than thier 0-4 mark!!

Just one correction here. Our winning drive began on our own 25 yd line.

As for BC, they are very inconsistent, but show flashes of brilliance here and there, like most talented young teams. Believe me, they are not without talent or size. Their lines are huge!! The defensive tackle (#12) is a monster and is very good. They played us close when our starting QB got hurt with a stinger on the first WO-S possession of the game virtually eliminating our passing game with the exception of the wide receiver screen which they were hip to. They just stacked the line and tried to stop the run with no real threat of the pass. They smelled blood and fought hard. When they get it rolling, they can be very dangerous. Their biggest problem this year has been the turnovers. Most of their lopsided losses were due to giving away turnovers early in games (of course they only have 1 against us) and getting taken out early because of them. As you can see by their schedule, they haven't played any weak sisters. They also got their #1 running back the week they played us which has pumped up their running game some. He is quick and elusive.

All in all, it will come down to which BC team shows up Friday. This could be a very close, hard fought game or it could be a blow out. You really never know with a young team like BC.

gato 76
10-05-2006, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
Just one correction here. Our winning drive began on our own 25 yd line.

As for BC, they are very inconsistent, but show flashes of brilliance here and there, like most talented young teams. Believe me, they are not without talent or size. Their lines are huge!! The defensive tackle (#12) is a monster and is very good. They played us close when our starting QB got hurt with a stinger on the first WO-S possession of the game virtually eliminating our passing game with the exception of the wide receiver screen which they were hip to. They just stacked the line and tried to stop the run with no real threat of the pass. They smelled blood and fought hard. When they get it rolling, they can be very dangerous. Their biggest problem this year has been the turnovers. Most of their lopsided losses were due to giving away turnovers early in games (of course they only have 1 against us) and getting taken out early because of them. As you can see by their schedule, they haven't played any weak sisters. They also got their #1 running back the week they played us which has pumped up their running game some. He is quick and elusive.

All in all, it will come down to which BC team shows up Friday. This could be a very close, hard fought game or it could be a blow out. You really never know with a young team like BC.

WOS1 is talking about #12 Mike Smith 6-2 265 jr,this kid a good athlete also plays QB got a great arm.

JT44
10-05-2006, 06:55 AM
BC won't be able to stack the line against the run on Cuero, b/c despite the injuries there are still some very capable receivers for Cuero on the field.
Cuero's schedule wasn't a cakewalk either.
Magicman..... I know lots of people that think the gobblers don't have any heart and have big ego's, but people's attitudes are changing and the team is realizing they deserve the respect they are getting
Deep down I thought they were gonna get stomped by LH and upset by LV, but they pulled it off and this game is to show everyone they are still here

gobblerfan02
10-05-2006, 03:30 PM
and this is coming from one of the biggest idiots i have ever known

I don't even know you...probly a rommie who has returned to try and start something?

Won't be long until you're off this site anyways...but good luck to the gobblers this week. Another tough game in store!

MagicMan
10-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I don't even know you...probly a rommie who has returned to try and start something?

Won't be long until you're off this site anyways...but good luck to the gobblers this week. Another tough game in store!
ive been here for two years. and what makes you think that me calling you an idiot will get me rommed when you called greengobbla an idiot before that? they cancel out. get over it.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2006, 03:44 PM
WOW!! Fans fighting against their own fans.....what a pity!!

GreenMachine
10-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! Fans fighting against their own fans.....what a pity!! Don't know about those two :thinking:

htowntransplant
10-05-2006, 09:13 PM
i think that cuero will definitely need to take the cats seriously. they are HUNGRY for a win. they could very well be 0-8 b4 they win a game. having said that i still think cuero will win because of the experience factor.

bandera7
10-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Im picking Cuero in this one, just because we played them, and they have more speed in their second string than most teams in their first...and it doesnt matter who goes out, Cuero is a team, not individuals, so they will be good. Good luck to both.

44INAROW
10-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
and it doesnt matter who goes out, Cuero is a team, not individuals,

Great Post Bandera7 - you spoke the truth..... The Gobblers aren't a bunch of "big hot-shot" individual players - our boys play as a T E A M :clap:

gobblers?
10-05-2006, 10:16 PM
i must say that after hearing some of the players talking today, i have a little different opinion about the game..they seem to be confident, but not cocky. they know they are going to have to play hard to win. i think if cuero strikes early in the game they could take the wind out of BC sails and take this game. i still think BCs going to pull this one out though

KingRob
10-06-2006, 02:52 AM
Read today in the Victoria Advocate that the game will be on the web @ www.bcblackcats.net

LET'S GO CUERO!!

KingRob
10-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Went to the web site listed, but I don't see a link for web/radio. I sent the webmaster an email, hopefully they'll answer me today!

gato 76
10-06-2006, 06:16 AM
It will be a good ball game,like WOS1 said what hurts BC has been turn overs and giving the other team good field position.But again when they get going they show signs of a good team,what will help BC will be the size of the off/def lines, to me thats where this game going to be won,and of course BC team speed.This will be the biggest team Cuero has faced so far.

JT44
10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
LH had some big boys on their O and D lines

GreenMachine
10-06-2006, 09:42 AM
I think Cuero is a very determined TEAM. More now because of all the injuries. Seems like alot of people are writing us off, calling us lucky. Well, we won all the games because we are a TEAM with alot of HEART. Yes, we have injuries, but we keep winning, that is what a championship quality team does. We have a roster full of good, capable kids, and a first rate coaching staff who will tailor a game plan to match our strengths for that week. Do we have weaknesses? Sure we do (what team doesn't), but we have been able to overcome them with mental toughness. Two great fourth quarter stands in two weeks = great mental toughness. I think Cuero takes this one, but in another close one :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
10-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Sure would like to hear Greenpride's Friday thoughts :thinking: Where are you? Where are you?

greenpride
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Depends on who plays for Cuero......lots of talent on the sidelines tonight for the Gobblers.....if we do happen to lose, Gilmer can take their "rightful" spot at number 1. (Whatever!@!@@!)
Cuero needs to remember that this is a marathon, not a 100 meter race. Stay focused and get healthy for district. That being said, I do believe the MEan Green will come out with intensity and pride and do their best to secure a WIN! Cuero in a close one.

greenpride
10-06-2006, 10:11 AM
The home fans at the Cuero - BC game need to be in playoff form tonight. Bring your intensity and stay loud for the team. Cuero has great fans. I am amazed how a 3a team can have such loyal supporters. When you leave the stands, you should be exhausted like the players. I know I will be yelling at the house tonight while I am listening on the web. Some of you might even here me. (I had people move away from me last year at the Hutto game because I was too loud) :thinking: :thinking: :doh:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

44INAROW
10-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I've been saying all along - watch out for the Gobbler's 'secret weapon" :)

GO MEAN GREEN :)

DaHop72
10-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've been saying all along - watch out for the Gobbler's 'secret weapon" :)

GO MEAN GREEN :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I to, have to miss the game tonight :bigcry: C'mon Cuero, get LLOOUUDD! :clap: :clap: :D

JT44
10-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by greenpride
The home fans at the Cuero - BC game need to be in playoff form tonight. Bring your intensity and stay loud for the team. Cuero has great fans. I am amazed how a 3a team can have such loyal supporters. When you leave the stands, you should be exhausted like the players. I know I will be yelling at the house tonight while I am listening on the web. Some of you might even here me. (I had people move away from me last year at the Hutto game because I was too loud) :thinking: :thinking: :doh:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

I think this should especially go for the Cuero fans in the reserved section. The majority don't show up to the game untill kickoff and won't cheer unless Cuero is winning. We have a whole section full on the visitors side when there's plenty of empty reserved seats!

We all fans here, it's just sad to see the two ends of the home stands on their feet and 80% of the reserved seats sitting on their hands

don't mean to offend any cuero fans but since I was in high school I noticed the trend and it hasn't changed
:thinking:

MagicMan
10-06-2006, 11:05 AM
they just dont know when to cheer. cuero needs better cheerleaders to show these people what to do.

JT44
10-06-2006, 11:06 AM
they just dont know when to cheer. cuero needs better cheerleaders to show these people what to do.

they can look to the fans on their right and follow along

Gobbla2001
10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! Fans fighting against their own fans.....what a pity!!

no no no, it's A fan ('02) fighting against an ex-rommie (in my opinion)... this cat has been very pavilion-like during his stay here... I think it's a hater, not a fan...

but hey, what do I know, I'm just a criminal...

JT44
10-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by JT44
they can look to the fans on their right and follow along

I sat on the LV side last week and I was surprised that cuero cheerleaders were heard over the LV cheerleaders. Even LV fans noticed.

JT44
10-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
no no no, it's A fan ('02) fighting against an ex-rommie (in my opinion)... this cat has been very pavilion-like during his stay here... I think it's a hater, not a fan...

but hey, what do I know, I'm just a criminal...

Pavillion...... he caused quite a stir last year

Gobbla2001
I think this should especially go for the Cuero fans in the reserved section. The majority don't show up to the game untill kickoff and won't cheer unless Cuero is winning. We have a whole section full on the visitors side when there's plenty of empty reserved seats!

We all fans here, it's just sad to see the two ends of the home stands on their feet and 80% of the reserved seats sitting on their hands

don't mean to offend any cuero fans but since I was in high school I noticed the trend and it hasn't changed

I've sat in reserved twice... the first time I stood up during a good play and was asked to sit down while I was cheering... I went ahead and moved...

the other time I was lucky to sit by the rowdy reservers...

JT44
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I've sat in reserved twice... the first time I stood up during a good play and was asked to sit down while I was cheering... I went ahead and moved...

the other time I was lucky to sit by the rowdy reservers...

exactly....probably next to spencer or at the top

Gobbla2001
10-06-2006, 11:10 AM
exactly....probably next to spencer or at the top

well the rowdy time was not at the very top, but above the middle for sure...

44INAROW
10-06-2006, 11:42 AM

well you DID offend a reserved seat holder - who I might add has been since 1977! I have missed very few games and I am there cheering during the good AND bad times - Some folks WORK out of town and have things to do and can't get there before 7:15 or so. They have reserved seats so they don't have to RUSH to the games. So don't judge everyone please - and I might also add - there are QUITE a few people before the games out supporting the Gobblers by selling T Shirts, tickets to raffles, working in the concession stands, behind the scenes that some folks have NO CLUE what's going on.. Sorry, but you hit a nerve with me on that! If you really want to help, we need two people to sell tickets at the back gate tonight - we'd love the help :)

JT44
10-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
well you DID offend a reserved seat holder - who I might add has been since 1977! I have missed very few games and I am there cheering during the good AND bad times - Some folks WORK out of town and have things to do and can't get there before 7:15 or so. They have reserved seats so they don't have to RUSH to the games. So don't judge everyone please - and I might also add - there are QUITE a few people before the games out supporting the Gobblers by selling T Shirts, tickets to raffles, working in the concession stands, behind the scenes that some folks have NO CLUE what's going on.. Sorry, but you hit a nerve with me on that! If you really want to help, we need two people to sell tickets at the back gate tonight - we'd love the help :)

I am not judging everyone, and I know of all the behind the scenes things that go on. I have helped in concession stands and sell programs in the past. I'm only 27 I've been there and remember the quiet stands.
I know you are cheering b/c you obviously care for the team enough to discuss on these boards.
I don't like to look over in the reserved section on a 3rd and short play and see so many people sitting while the general admission and people on the visitors side are yelling defense.
I work out of town and have to rush to home games to get a seat on the home side, not b/c I have a son or relative playing, but b/c I know some of these kids and tutored some when they were in elem. school.

44INAROW
10-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I just heard (at lunch) that some additional stands were brought in and they were talking about moving "kids" (I assume Elementary and Jr High?) to those portable stands, making more room on the home side.. That would be great. Hope what I heard was right.

GreenMachine
10-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I am not judging everyone, and I know of all the behind the scenes things that go on. I have helped in concession stands and sell programs in the past. I'm only 27 I've been there and remember the quiet stands.
I know you are cheering b/c you obviously care for the team enough to discuss on these boards.
I don't like to look over in the reserved section on a 3rd and short play and see so many people sitting while the general admission and people on the visitors side are yelling defense.
I work out of town and have to rush to home games to get a seat on the home side, not b/c I have a son or relative playing, but b/c I know some of these kids and tutored some when they were in elem. school. I'll take exception to this. I sit in the reserved seats and stand and am loud the whole game, and the general admission to my right is 90% sitting on their rears, and are not that loud.

GreenMachine
10-06-2006, 01:06 PM
It would be nice if we would all be loud, but face it. There are a lot of elderly that still follow the gobblers and have reserved seats. I think it is great. Let them watch the game without chastising them. They have followed the gobblers for years and have earned the right to sit!

JT44
10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
I'll take exception to this. I sit in the reserved seats and stand and am loud the whole game, and the general admission to my right is 90% sitting on their rears, and are not that loud.

Everyone could get a little louder. I think if there were no reserved seats the games would be a little more rowdy, that's all.
Heck, I will be sitting in the reserved next year when my wife's brother is on Varsity. So whoever is behind me next year be ready to read the back of my shirt!

JT44
10-06-2006, 01:17 PM
It would be nice if we would all be loud, but face it. There are a lot of elderly that still follow the gobblers and have reserved seats. I think it is great. Let them watch the game without chastising them. They have followed the gobblers for years and have earned the right to sit!

I'm not getting on the elderly ones.....;)

greenpride
10-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Be proud of the fans you have in Cuero. I live in a 5a school district and the fans are not anywhere close to what Cuero has. Every game I have gone to, I notice very good crowd support in Cuero, and they are very knowledgeable about the game. Not every person is "in to" the game as the next person. Some people just like to come out and watch the team perform. They are still supporting the team by purchasing tickets, drinks, food, etc... Remember, these kids are playing for the community of Cuero.