PDA

View Full Version : Texas/SHSU Updates?

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Can someone post them here if you have viewing privaledges to the game. It's only on PPV and I'm not planning on speding 30$ to watch this.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Kick-off 6:00

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 04:57 PM
I know that.

Txbroadcaster
09-30-2006, 05:00 PM
LOL did not say u did not..was just putting it up for people to see when they clicked on this thread so they would know it started at 6

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Just let me post pad w/ dignity! haha

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Texas blocked a punt.

Texas 7
SHSU 0

carter08
09-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Just let me post pad w/ dignity! haha

POST PADDER :mad: :mad:

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 06:19 PM
SO WHAT!

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 06:26 PM
why is melton starting?

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Why wouldn't you start him against a D 1AA?

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Texas 14
SHSU 0

6:52 remaining.

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 06:27 PM
cuz i thought charles might want to pad his stats.

formermbcouns
09-30-2006, 06:30 PM
The blowout has begun : )

Texas 14
SHSU 0

6:52 remaining.

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 06:30 PM
In the first ;)

Phil C
09-30-2006, 06:37 PM
It is UT winning 21 to 0 with 2:39 left in the first quarter. I told you SHSU would be tougher than we thought.

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 06:39 PM
i cant believe they got a first down on their first drive. and it was a third down conversion too.

Phil C
09-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i cant believe they got a first down on their first drive. and it was a third down conversion too.

I am starting to get concerned. :(

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 06:42 PM
in texas territory. geez. whats wrong with their defense

Phil C
09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
UT leads 28 to 0 but there is still 11:57 left in the second quarter. This one isn't won yet. Lots of time left in the game.

ILS1
09-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Can someone post them here if you have viewing privaledges to the game. It's only on PPV and I'm not planning on speding 30$ to watch this.

Just go to Yahoo Sports and follow the game play by play. You live in the Austin area listen to it on KVET 98.1.

:D

Phil C
09-30-2006, 07:07 PM
UT scores again and now leads 35 to 0 with 6:27 left in the first half! I am feeling good now. We are going to win!!!

Phil C
09-30-2006, 07:21 PM
There were several starters from UT that rested this day but fortunately we were able to overcome this risk by the good play of the replacements.

Phil C
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
UT gets another td with 18 seconds left in the half. It is now 42 to 0. I am feeling much better now. We are going to win!

Phil C
09-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Incredible! UT scores in the first minute or so of the third quarter and now leads 49 to 0!!

kepdawg
09-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Nice to know that Texas can pass against a 6A team. :rolleyes:

Phil C
09-30-2006, 08:04 PM
SHSU gets a field goal and it is now 49 t0 3 but I am not too concerned.

formermbcouns
09-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Oh no...look out, LOL

Originally posted by Phil C
SHSU gets a field goal and it is now 49 t0 3 but I am not too concerned.

Phil C
09-30-2006, 08:12 PM
UT still leads 49 to 3 and the fourth quarter is about over. This is a win for UT.

kepdawg
09-30-2006, 08:34 PM
56-3 after Cosby returns a punt 55 yards for a TD.

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 08:48 PM
56-3 WOW!!! texas wooped up on Baylor last year worse didnt they?

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Your sig is too wide

GreenMachine
09-30-2006, 09:05 PM
The horns should be PROUD of themselves :rolleyes: Like a high school varsity team playing a 7th grade B team :eek:

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Yea like A&M playing The Citadel big difference. SHSU is a much better team than the Citadel. Texas can't help it the backups were scoring too.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
The horns should be PROUD of themselves :rolleyes: Like a high school varsity team playing a 7th grade B team :eek:

Come on Cry to the press mack brown if your team can score 100 points, you might move up in the rankings!

Bandera YaYa
09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
The horns should be PROUD of themselves :rolleyes: Like a high school varsity team playing a 7th grade B team :eek: Yes, I paid and watched the game .....had to watch former Bandera State QB Brett Hicks...who came away with some very respectable stats. He played with his same ole' calmness. He never gave up and I am very proud of his effort and talent. I mean, what more can a high school QB dream of, then to play 4 qtrs against Texas!! Way to go Brett!! Good luck in the rest of your season!!! :clap: :clap: :)

WestTXLonghorn
10-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Come on Cry to the press mack brown if your team can score 100 points, you might move up in the rankings!

BWHAHAHAHA!! I can't believe people still talk about this. Especially after the Horns went and beat Michigan is the 2nd greatest Rose Bowl game ever (only to be topped by last year's Rose Bowl) and then the Cal Bears w/ Aaron "Crybaby" Rodgers went on to get donkeystomped by Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl.

Mack is nothing but class. He didn't want to play the game either. Lotsa practice for our backups and gives our starters time to rest.

Phil C
10-01-2006, 08:24 AM
We could have scored much more and some teams would have but Coach Brown is a class act and kept the score down.

KTJ
10-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Ok. What do you want us to do instead?

Some people on this website are unbelievable.

awizzy
10-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
We could have scored much more and some teams would have but Coach Brown is a class act and kept the score down.
yes exactly i think there was another big 12 school last year beat them 70-3 who was it...oh yea tech...so ppl u gonna hate on us how about them 2

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I hate on every big school that beats up on the small school. What do you gain, except a W. Buckle up the chinstrap and play some quality opposition. Everyone knew this was a laugher before it started, and you are unbelievable to think that I am wrong.

injuredinmelee
10-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Sittting on the 40 yd line i had a good view of Mack calling off the dogs after the first defensive series. This thinbg could have been so much worse. SHSU did play with pride and their defense was bringing the wood. I was impressed with them. They had soem well developed plays that would have gone for TDs on their normal opponents but with the Horns speed there just wasnt a prayer.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I am not disputing that Mack called off the dogs, I believe he did. I am not disputing that SHSU played with pride, I'm sure they did. What I am saying is play a quality team so you are not calling off the dogs five minutes into the game.

KTJ
10-01-2006, 12:04 PM
You do know the reasoning for A.) UT playing SHSU and B.) big schools all across the nation playing small schools, right?

Playing/scheduling "quality competition" isn't as easy as you think. This ain't high school.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I know scheduling is more difficult, but the schedules are made so far in advance that this could be avoided. You cannot tell me that this last weekend that another big school wasn't playing a "creampuff". These games are meant for an almost 100% W. I say this because occasionally a small school wins (even a blind hog finds an acorn). This keeps bowl hopes alive and possibly a national championship.

TMer25
10-01-2006, 12:37 PM
The 12th game wasn't added by the NCAA till a couple of months ago. Yes, Texas tried to get a better opponent in here, I know TCU was one of the teams they did try to schedule a game with at the last minute.

Emerson1
10-01-2006, 01:18 PM
40 other D1 teams declined to play them, and if they wanted to they wanted a home and home which Texas didn't want.

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Texas didn't even have to schedule a game this past Saturday.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 01:30 PM
There is something like 120 D1 teams, so Texas didn't want to schedule 80 of them? Justify it like you want.

TMer25
10-01-2006, 01:37 PM
There is something like 120 D1 teams, so Texas didn't want to schedule 80 of them? Justify it like you want.

Ok, but how many of those 80 teams already had conference games scheduled?

Old Tiger
10-01-2006, 01:37 PM
They wanted to earn money!

WestTXLonghorn
10-01-2006, 04:57 PM

Some morons won't be happy with any decision a team makes. Fact is that we tried scheduling a single game with some bigger name programs, but those teams wanted a home/away or they didn't want to have us hand them a loss they didn't need.

The game made our program money. . .it made the Bearkats money. . .it provided some nice entertainment for the fans. . .it got our backups some work in. . .it let our injured players and starters get some rest before Oklahoma. Heck, if you read the write up over the game, even the other team's coach was happy about the game. He said his kids looked forward to the challenge and that it was a great learning experience for his guys. It's a win win situation all around. Sorry you're too dense to see that.

KTJ
10-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I know scheduling is more difficult, but the schedules are made so far in advance that this could be avoided. You cannot tell me that this last weekend that another big school wasn't playing a "creampuff". These games are meant for an almost 100% W. I say this because occasionally a small school wins (even a blind hog finds an acorn). This keeps bowl hopes alive and possibly a national championship.

1.) The NCAA passed the 12th game just last year. If we didn't have this game, we would have had the Bye that Mack wanted. Mack didn't schedule this game--DeLoss did. Mack didn't want to play it.

2.) When Texas decided to play this game instead of taking the Bye Week, they contacted 40-60 schools. The problem? a.) most schools had already started conference play and had a conference game that day. b.) some schools wanted a home/home out of the deal. Why would we do that when we can't since our schedule is already made for next year? c.) do you realize that it's not Texas running away from playing the big teams, but it's the opposite? When UT contacts other schools, most of them decline to play us. They've seen the product we have and they don't want to take a loss.

3.) As long as the BCS is around, this is the type of scheduling you'll get. You can't honestly sit there and tell me that Texas should be playing all SEC, ACC, and Big 10 teams every out-of-conference game. That would be the dumbest thing ever. These games (SHSU) aren't meant to just "get an automatic W" agaist lesser competition. These games are to help gain confidence with young players, work on schemes, see how certain plays work against others so that you can tweak them before conference play.

4.) SHSU was the only team willing to come play us. They didn't have a problem with it and from what I've read, they had a great time. All they wanted to do was come have fun and they did that. Most of those kids would never play in front of that many people in that type of atmosphere. They enjoyed it. It's not about getting an auto W all the time. It's about what I wrote in #3.

Jesus Christ. I honestly can't believe that you made that statement and moreover, that I'm about to reply to it.

But anywho--yeah, there are about that many D1 teams. But think about this...THE MAJORITY OF THOSE TEAMS ALREADY HAD A GAME SCHEDULED. You do realize this, right? You can't just pick up the phone and say "hey, we have an open date. I know yall are already playing someone, but how about you come play UT in Austin?" That's now how it works. Also, MOST TEAMS WANT THEIR BYE WEEK. Is it such a far-fetched idea to have a bye week? Texas contacted those schools but some of those schools wanted to keep their week off. That's something that we can't control. Finally, as I've said a good 47 times already, SOME SCHOOLS JUST DON'T WANT TO PLAY US. Whether it be because we don't want to do a home/home or because they want us to give them more money, or because of whatever. Not every school is jumping at the opportunity to play UT. Plain and simple.

So are you comprehending this at all or do I need to re-write it? Stop blaming Texas for playing SHSU when you don't know all the details. You just see it and then automatically judge something and you don't know all the facts. The "big schools" who play the "little schools" don't do it just for a W. There are other reasons behind it as well. So now are you going to gripe about the little schools ACCEPTING THE OFFER to play the big schools? It's a two-way street, you know.

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Im glad SHSU got to be in the "spotlight". They got a bit of public awareness and got some really good experience as well. Oh and got paid along the way!:)

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 07:23 PM
This thread is like beating a dead horse. I'm not a moron and am not dense and probably have a heck of a lot more education than you. I'm done with this!

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
This thread is like beating a dead horse. I'm not a moron and am not dense and probably have a heck of a lot more education than you. I'm done with this! :confused: are you ok? Does someone need a time out!!??:mad:

WestTXLonghorn
10-01-2006, 08:41 PM
This thread is like beating a dead horse. I'm not a moron and am not dense and probably have a heck of a lot more education than you. I'm done with this!

:crazy: :wave:

Big Papa
10-01-2006, 09:07 PM

OWNED

KTJ
10-01-2006, 09:10 PM

That's fine that you think that way. But next time, don't just make a stupid comment with no reasoning to back it up.

Phil C
10-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I hate on every big school that beats up on the small school. What do you gain, except a W. Buckle up the chinstrap and play some quality opposition. Everyone knew this was a laugher before it started, and you are unbelievable to think that I am wrong.

Thhaaaattt's eeeeaaassssyyyy fofoofofofofor yoyoooouuyou ttttttto ssaaasay aaaaafffataafter thhhhhhhthe ffffaafact!

:)