PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Buckeyes Vs Palestine in Div 1 State Chapionship

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:05 PM
I am a Gilmer Buckeyes Fan I go to every game and this is my prediction I believe that Gilmer Buckeyes & Palestine are going to play in the State Championship. I believe Palestine is underranked. They played Henderson won 34-6, they played Kaufman won 41-13, they played Hallsville won 28-27, and there only loss of the season was against Jacksonville which is 4a and Jacksonville beat Marshall a ranked team in east texas that made it to the State Championship in 4a last year and almost beat the Longview Lobos in 5a. I also believe Gilmer will win the State Championship because there is just to much talent and to beat Gilmer your gonna have to score 50 or more points to win.

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by GilmerwinState
I am a Gilmer Buckeyes Fan I go to every game and this is my prediction I believe that Gilmer Buckeyes & Palestine are going to play in the State Championship. I believe Palestine is underranked. They played Henderson won 34-6, they played Kaufman won 41-13, they played Hallsville won 28-27, and there only loss of the season was against Jacksonville which is 4a and Jacksonville beat Marshall a ranked team in east texas that made it to the State Championship in 4a last year and almost beat the Longview Lobos in 5a. I also believe Gilmer will win the State Championship because there is just to much talent and to beat Gilmer your gonna have to score 50 or more points to win.

Arent they in the same Region?

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Palestine is in District 19 and the score of Jacksonville and Palestine was 19-17 which Palestine could of won that game

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Arent they in the same Region?

Gilmer and Palestine....arent they in the same Region?

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:11 PM
I could be mistaken but i really dont think they are

pirate4state
09-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Palestine = Reg III
Gilmer = Reg II

MagicMan
09-30-2006, 04:13 PM
he said they're in district 19 so that means region 3. gilmer was region 2 last year.

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Gilmer is in Region 2 and Palestine is in Region 3

Matthew328
its very possible those 2 could play

Stownhorse
Originally posted by pirate4state
Palestine = Reg III
Gilmer = Reg II

Dang well where is the dividing line? lol

Matthew328
09-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Palestine is in a more central texas district...they are on the fringe of East Texas

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Palestine is in a more central texas district...they are on the fringe of East Texas

Man Idk....that Region III has alot of tough teams....thats a bold statement

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 04:18 PM

So what your basically stating is that Gilmer is GUARENTEED to play in the state game?

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Week 4 Palestine is ranked 11 on TexasHSFootball.com but i believe they should be in the top 5

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:21 PM
im not guaranteing it but i believe it could happen because this years team is probably the most talented but 2004 was also great because they had heart

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Week 4 Palestine is ranked 11 on TexasHSFootball.com but i believe they should be in the top 5

Yea but look at region III

REGION III
# Team Rec
1 W Orange-Stark 3-0
2 Giddings 4-0
3 Liberty Hill 3-1
4 Palestine 3-1
5 Cameron Yoe 3-1
6 Hutto 3-1
7 Carthage 3-0
8 Gatesville 3-1
9 Robinson 3-1
10 Madisonville 3-0
11 Bellville 3-1
12 Rusk 2-1
13 Pal. Westwood 4-0
14 Bridge City 2-1
15 Caldwell

There are too many tough teams to be sayin that...its really early and alot of things can happen on the turn of a dime

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
im not guaranteing it but i believe it could happen because this years team is probably the most talented but 2004 was also great because they had heart

Your post makes it seem as if you were guarenteeing Gilmer would go but Palestine would probably be the one top play them. Seems really cocky considering that defense allowed over 40 points to a decent 2A team.

Buckeye80
09-30-2006, 04:27 PM
The one thing that can be said for certain is that Gilmer is the "class" of Div I in Reg II. If the Buckeyes don't make it to the State Semi's, that is their own fault. They are head and shoulders above every other team in this region.

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
The one thing that can be said for certain is that Gilmer is the "class" of Div I in Reg II. If the Buckeyes don't make it to the State Semi's, that is their own fault. They are head and shoulders above every other team in this region.

How so? Have you seen every Region II team play?

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:29 PM
see for one justin johnson didnt play against dangerfield and he is a key factor on defense an offense secondly wouldnt you think if your defense played three quarters of a game and never rested they would put points eventually because they were so tired. Gilmer offense only had the ball for 13 min because they scored so quick so if you look at it that way it makes since why they scored so much

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:31 PM
so if my judgement is so bad who would you say the teams in division I would be in the state championship

Buckeye80
09-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Seems really cocky considering that defense allowed over 40 points to a decent 2A team.

The defense is obviously not the focus of the team. If you score 20, we'll score 40. If you score 40, we'll score 60. We have yet to play a team that had any chance of stopping the offense.

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 04:32 PM
see for one justin johnson didnt play against dangerfield and he is a key factor on defense an offense secondly wouldnt you think if your defense played three quarters of a game and never rested they would put points eventually because they were so tired. Gilmer offense only had the ball for 13 min because they scored so quick so if you look at it that way it makes since why they scored so much

So couldn't the fact that they score so fast be a weakness? Against a strong defense and a pretty decent offense, couldn't they be in trouble?

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:33 PM
The defense is obviously not the focus of the team. If you score 20, we'll score 40. If you score 40, we'll score 60. We have yet to play a team that had any chance of stopping the offense.

Someone is going to come along and sink the Unsinkable...

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 04:34 PM
so if my judgement is so bad who would you say the teams in division I would be in the state championship

Misread it, thought you said region. I think LE has a chance, same with wimberly. Don't underestimate abilene wylie which is probably going to make it out of Region 1.

Buckeye80
09-30-2006, 04:34 PM
How so? Have you seen every Region II team play?

I don't need to. I know who the "major players" are, and I have enough people "in the know" to have a pretty strong assessment of the other teams.

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't need to. I know who the "major players" are, and I have enough people "in the know" to have a pretty strong assessment of the other teams.

Is Madison D1 or D2? And you aren't worried about Texarkana LE?

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:39 PM
the just lost back to back weeks

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:40 PM

Or what about the big dog Celina I hear they are pretty much bad @$$

GilmerwinState
but i think thats who Gilmer will play in the first round of the playoffs

Stownhorse

Who did they lose to this week?

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
we already beat em once in 2003 so why couldnt we do it again in 2006 plus wouldnt they go Div II

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
they lost to liberty hill then to mt. pleasant

Buckeye80
09-30-2006, 04:42 PM
And you aren't worried about Texarkana LE?

Went to Waxahachie to watch them play Wimberley. The Leopards, unless they just played an extraordinarily non-typical game against the Texans, will not stay within four touchdowns of the Buckeyes. And that is regardless of whether or not their "Mr. Everything" quarterback returns.

Look! I'm not being cocky. I've seen the Buckeyes play four games now. They are one of those "once in a lifetime" teams. You'll see if you get a chance to.

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:43 PM
they lost to liberty hill then to mt. pleasant

Thanks....Hope the team doesnt get big heads....might not be able to put there helmets on for one of these games

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:45 PM
your right it was wimberley not liberty hill because i was going to go to the game but didnt get to make it

GilmerwinState
09-30-2006, 04:46 PM
so they have lost to wimberley and mount pleasant

lostaussie
09-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Everything is ok...........I'm here now:D

wimbo_pro
09-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Abilene-Wylie isnt going to get out of Wimberley with a win this coming Friday. Bank on it.

wimbo_pro
09-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Buckeye80,

Wimberley would beat the berjeebers outa Gilmer, if only we can find a way to get into D1. IF ONLY we had the chance...you'd see...BAMMMM!!!!! But alas, we are stuck in D2, so....never mind lol

Hupernikomen
09-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Look! I'm not being cocky. I've seen the Buckeyes play four games now. They are one of those "once in a lifetime" teams. You'll see if you get a chance to.

Jasper had one of those "once in a lifetime" teams loaded with Div. I talent a few years ago...Burnet must not of heard that Jasper couldn't be beat.

Buckeye80
09-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Wimberley would beat the berjeebers outa Gilmer, if only we can find a way to get into D1.

It's almost criminal that Wimberley won't go DI and at least have the opportunity to face Gilmer with all the hype after their two consecutive wins over good programs. You're defending champs, Wimberley. That's all you've got.

Buckeye80
09-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Jasper had one of those "once in a lifetime" teams loaded with Div. I talent a few years ago...Burnet must not of heard that Jasper couldn't be beat.

This team is different. Don't just take my word for it. Ask anyone, not from Gilmer, who's seen them play.

PHS Wildcats
10-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the compliment, But Region 3 is loaded and it would be crazy to think that anyone can predict who would come out of this region. We need to play better in the 1st half, instead of waiting until the 2nd half to put 30 plus point on the scoreboard. I think we can play with any team in 3A, but it will be rough. From 1A to 5A region 3 is the toughest in the state. Do I think we can make it to State yea, but so does every other team in Region 3. The winner in Region 3 will be battle tested.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2006, 12:51 AM
LOL@Buckeye

sweetwater07
10-01-2006, 01:03 AM
i'm going to laugh hard if Gilmer gets a big head and loses 1st or 2nd round......why does everyone think they are unbeatable??
anything can happen on any friday night

Stownhorse
10-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm going to laugh hard if Gilmer gets a big head and loses 1st or 2nd round......why does everyone think they are unbeatable??

Get ready to get bashed just like every other post me and you have!

sweetwater07
10-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Get ready to get bashed just like every other post me and you have!

ehh i'm used to it...and no one will see it probably...the DL is dead tonight

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

I think everyone thinks they are unbeatable because of the simple fact they have so much legit D-1 talent for a 3A squad.

Can Gilmer lose..of course...but the simple fact is they are a great team, that I honestly feel will have to beat themselves. Of course that can happen, but I cant see how anyone could say they are not the team to beat in 3A D1

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think everyone thinks they are unbeatable because of the simple fact they have so much legit D-1 talent for a 3A squad.

Can Gilmer lose..of course...but the simple fact is they are a great team, that I honestly feel will have to beat themselves. Of course that can happen, but I cant see how anyone could say they are not the team to beat in 3A D1

TXbroadcaster you are so right. If you look at the talent, Gilmer is probably unbeatable, but a good team could win under the right circumstances. The big question is how all of those D-1 prospects respond if they are behind in the second half, at least in my opinion.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Every team is able to be beaten on a given night. Throw in an injury bug like Cuero is having now, and all of a sudden, you become vunerable. We are still winning against quality opponents, but the margin is closer than expected. Gilmer has a great team and has to be the team to beat, but when you get near the championship it better be close to mistake free against the quality opposition you will face. Here's hoping everyone stays healthy and we get our injured players back. :)

Matthew328
10-01-2006, 12:04 PM
any team is beatable yes...but Gilmer IMO is without question the best team in 3A....talented, experienced and battle tested..most of the seniors were on the team when they won their first title..Kinne has led Canton on a long playoff run last year if there is one weakness it is the defense BUT thier offense is so good it may make up for the lack of defense.

Region 2 in Division 1 looks to be pretty weak..other than Liberty-Eylau who would likley be a 2-3 TD underdog to Gilmer there really isn't much...

If Brownsboro gets it together and Athens misses the playoffs I could see them playing Gilmer tough and if Kennedale gets it going they could be dangerous..Kennedale has the kind of offense that could keep the Gilmer offense off the field...

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 01:07 PM
I also think they are the team to beat, but Cuero has talent, experience, are battle tested and been deep in the playoffs for several years. Noack has led the gobblers deep in the playoffs and their defense is NOT the weakness plus their offense (with all its starters) is potent. AND, it is very possible they go D1. :thinking:

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I also think they are the team to beat, but Cuero has talent, experience, are battle tested and been deep in the playoffs for several years. Noack has led the gobblers deep in the playoffs and their defense is NOT the weakness plus their offense (with all its starters) is potent. AND, it is very possible they go D1. :thinking:

Gilmer vs. Cuero would be a great game, but that will never happen. Gilmer will go Division I and Cuero will be in Division II. Gilmer is beatable, but you would have to be crazy to say there were not an overwhelming favorite to win the state championship.

lostaussie
10-01-2006, 01:35 PM
ya'll are making my head swell even more than it already is:D...............enough already. Gilmerwinstate made an opinion...........that's all it is.........an opinion...............lots..........and i mean lots of football to be played..........and i have personally witnessed.............the best team, don't always win!!!!!!!

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
ya'll are making my head swell even more than it already is:D...............enough already. Gilmerwinstate made an opinion...........that's all it is.........an opinion...............lots..........and i mean lots of football to be played..........and i have personally witnessed.............the best team, don't always win!!!!!!!

You are right that the best team doesn't win every time, but I like Gilmer's chances at the state title.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Make no mistake, I am not giving ya'll the state championship. Just think right now, ya'll are the team to beat. AND, never say never. Gonzales is no guarantee to make the playoffs.

lostaussie
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Make no mistake, I am not giving ya'll the state championship. Just think right now, ya'll are the team to beat. AND, never say never. Gonzales is no guarantee to make the playoffs. i'm not banging on Gonzales............but there is nothing we would like better than a chance to play Cuero. that would be so cool.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 01:49 PM
You are right, the best team does't always win, but if we are fortunate enough to get all our starters back, who says ya'll will be the best team. :thinking: :D

lostaussie
10-01-2006, 01:57 PM
You are right, the best team does't always win, but if we are fortunate enough to get all our starters back, who says ya'll will be the best team. :thinking: :D don't put words in my mouth. i never said we were better than ya'll.

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 02:23 PM
I know, just an opportunity for a "jab" :D

RMAC
10-01-2006, 02:24 PM
This is so reminiscent of a few years ago at the start of the board after Wylie's run to the state finals. Everybody was sure that Wylie was going to bring the world down on Vernon in the first round, then the lost. Any team can win on any night, you have to remember that. Heck, Graham beat Monahans last week after losing to Clyde. If that's not a classic example of this, then I don't know what is. It just seems like a case of I'll say my team wins, then if they do, yay, I was right. If they lose, I just won't ever post on here again because I made my self look like a D/A. Guess we're all just going to have to wait until December to find out.

PHS Wildcats
10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Right now, we aren't good enough to play for a state title. We need to get better each week. And play 4 qtrs of football.;)

Buckeye80
10-02-2006, 08:14 AM
I'll still be on here if we lose. And just for a heads up to everyone, if we do lose, I like my "crow" blackened with a nice portobello mushroom sauce and served with asparagus.:D

GreenMachine
10-02-2006, 08:45 AM
I'll go with the mushroom sauce, but asparagus :thinking: I HATE asparagus! :mad:

44INAROW
10-02-2006, 08:49 AM
GreenMachine, I'll give you my mushroom sauce if you'll give me your asparagus :D
**I don't want Buckeye80 to eat alone
(just playing folks, not making any predictions)

Buckeye80
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
GreenMachine, I'll give you my mushroom sauce if you'll give me your asparagus :D
**I don't want Buckeye80 to eat alone
(just playing folks, not making any predictions)

Nor do I enjoy eating alone.:clap:

lostaussie
10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
i won't be having any crow, thank you. i have stated many times that we have a great team. but i have never, ever stated that we will win a state championship this year. and if we lose, i'll be very dissapointed, but i will still be on the low:D

Technoredneck
10-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
This is so reminiscent of a few years ago at the start of the board after Wylie's run to the state finals. Everybody was sure that Wylie was going to bring the world down on Vernon in the first round, then the lost. Any team can win on any night, you have to remember that. Heck, Graham beat Monahans last week after losing to Clyde. If that's not a classic example of this, then I don't know what is. It just seems like a case of I'll say my team wins, then if they do, yay, I was right. If they lose, I just won't ever post on here again because I made my self look like a D/A. Guess we're all just going to have to wait until December to find out.
And God forbid the injury bug should ever raise its head, but it has stopped many a great team dead in its' tracks!

Buckeye80
10-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i won't be having any crow, thank you. i have stated many times that we have a great team. but i have never, ever stated that we will win a state championship this year. and if we lose, i'll be very dissapointed, but i will still be on the low:D

I've lost my patience and believe that I have swung over in the direction of "cocky homer" now. I believe that Gilmer will win the State Championship this year, but I don't believe the trophy should be enscribed just yet.

From a football aspect, Gilmer is unreal this year. I just can't imagine that another 3A team this year possesses that kind of talent. But as stated many many times this season, there are a whole lot of things that can happen to derail seemingly unbeatable teams. Let's just hope the Buckeyes can avert any disasters for the remainder of the season.:)

GreenMachine
10-02-2006, 11:13 AM
GreenMachine, I'll give you my mushroom sauce if you'll give me your asparagus :D :D Deal :D

j_dog
10-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
It was just one of those years when Burnet also was loaded. :( Look at what their graduates are doing at A&M and UT.

Of course, there are always some other teams around, while maybe not quite as loaded, can still win on any given night if they get the breaks.

Mustangpride09
11-18-2006, 02:10 PM

Ouch.

Phil C
11-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Someone is going to come along and sink the Unsinkable...

What an outstanding prediction. :clap:

Emerson1
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Greatest. Thread. Ever.

PHS Wildcats
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
I never sais Palestine would play for the title!!!;)

Mustangpride09
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Has to be my sig.

Hupernikomen
11-18-2006, 05:39 PM
This team is different. Don't just take my word for it. Ask anyone, not from Gilmer, who's seen them play.

Apparently they aren't so different. Jasper had the awesome defense and unstoppable speed on offense. Gilmer had the can't be stopped offense and speedy defense. Two of those kids from Jasper should have played on Sundays..one still might if they can repair his knee. Gilmer will have some players go on to glory at major colleges as well. This game proves to me all over again that on any given Friday any team--any team, is beatable.

In my experience when a team like LE knocks off the unbeatable..they don't win the championship either. We will just have to wait and see.

Boosty_Hondo
11-18-2006, 06:01 PM
haha too funy