PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 nominations POTW

sinton66
09-30-2006, 01:18 PM
post them
read rules first (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51533)

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Senior-Joseph Banyard, In their S'waters win over Big Springs 59-41.

8 carries for 188 yards

2 receptions for 61 yards

and 3 TD's

GreenMonster
09-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Iowa Park HS's Offensive Line- in their win over Bridgeport 44-34

First Downs - 26
Yards Rushing - 397
Passing Yards - 29
Penalties on O-line - 0
6 rushing touchdowns

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Iowa Park HS's Offensive Line- in their win over Bridgeport 44-34

First Downs - 26
Yards Rushing - 397
Passing Yards - 29
Penalties on O-line - 0
6 rushing touchdowns

I though it was player of the week not player's of the week.

GWOOD
09-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Seminole QB Eric Boyd

Rushing - 20-235 yards, 2 TD's
Passing - 2 TD's

Didn't have the Attempts/Completions and passing yardage in the newspapers but he did throw for 2 Td's in Seminole's 27-23 win over Andrews. Was a part of all 4 touchdowns.

link: http://www.oaoa.com/sports/sp093006c.htm

GWOOD
09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Bryce Williams, Jr., Greenwood

24 carries for 135 yards, 3 TD's in Greenwoods' 49-14 win over Levelland. Bryce did this in three quarters as other players got playing time in the 4th quarter.

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Senior-Joseph Banyard, In their win over Big Springs 59-41.

8 carries for 188 yards

and 3 TD's

fury900
09-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Class 6-3A Vernon 36 @ Class 7-3A Clyde 25

Class 3A Vernon Chase Grsf 13 carries for 212 and 2 TD's
Or
Class 3A Vernon Ashton Whiteside 16 carries for 153 3 TD's

Vernon First Downs 16
Vernon yards passing 11 1-6-1 int
Vernon yards rushing 44-384
Vernon Fumbles lost 2-2

Clyde First Downs 12
Clyde yards passing 62 5-11-2 int
Clyde yards rushing 36-179
Clyde Fumbles lost 2-2

VolcoM187
09-30-2006, 04:52 PM

8 carries for 188 yards

and 3 TD's
agreed!

Chief Woodman
09-30-2006, 04:56 PM
DECATUR SENIOR QB BRANDON COBB

16 of 21 for 359 yards. ZERO interceptions, 5 passing TD's.

11 rushes for 111 yards and 2 rushing TD's.

Total 470 yards of offense and 7 thats right, SEVEN touchdowns.

Opponents stats against a QB? UMMM.....Glen Rose defense.....no interceptions zero fumbles forced or recovered. Gave up 555 yards of total offense to Decatur, for which Cobb accounted for 470 of them.

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Chief Woodman
DECATUR QB BRANDON COBB

Total 470 yards of offense and 7 thats right, SEVEN touchdowns. [/B]

please tell us your opponent

Chief Woodman
09-30-2006, 05:04 PM
please tell us your opponent

Sorry, hit enter while trying to multi task.

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry, hit enter while trying to multi task.

Glen Rose is a joke

Chief Woodman
09-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Glen Rose is a joke

That may be true, but Cobb is 5-0 this year, including a game againt S'water:D

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 05:14 PM
That may be true, but Cobb is 5-0 this year, including a game againt S'water:D

Yea you hit the nail on the head cuz Cobb is the team....well rounded team dont you think?

STANG RED
09-30-2006, 05:37 PM

8 carries for 188 yards

and 3 TD's

Your forgetting his special teams return yards. I dont know how many it was, but that should put his all purpose yards, way over 300, I believe.

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Your forgetting his special teams return yards. I dont know how many it was, but that should put his all purpose yards, way over 300, I believe.

Thanks for covering me

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Glen Rose is a joke

Yea you hit the nail on the head cuz Cobb is the team....well rounded team dont you think?
Do you EVER stop?

sinton66
09-30-2006, 07:25 PM
These threads are for nominations, not discussions.

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
sorry

VWG
09-30-2006, 08:38 PM
DECATUR SENIOR QB BRANDON COBB

Total 470 yards of offense and 7 thats right, SEVEN touchdowns.

Opponents stats against a QB? UMMM.....Glen Rose defense.....no interceptions zero fumbles forced or recovered. Gave up 555 yards of total offense to Decatur, for which Cobb accounted for 470 of them.

Note to DC's who have Decatur on schedule... put pressure on Cobb, eliminate or contain him, and you've got a great shot at winning.

Stownhorse
10-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you EVER stop?

Do you ever stop nagging me?...you act just like my mom lol

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Yea you hit the nail on the head cuz Cobb is the team....well rounded team dont you think? your really getting annoying...

VolcoM187
10-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Well I know how to give decatur a loss... put Sweetwater against them because the 1st game was a FLUKE...

tigerbyheart
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I nominate the whole Breckenridge team... They played outstanding against a very good Midland Christian...

football4life
10-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
your really getting annoying...

agreed

STANG RED
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
8 carries for 188 yards
and 3 TD's

Banyard had 291 all purpose yards.
1 INT returned 60 yards for a TD, but was called back on a penalty. The INT still counted though, cuase the penalty was post possession. He caught a TD pass, on the next play anyway.
He also had a slew of tackles on D, but I'm unable to find out how many just yet.

football4life
10-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Banyard had 291 all purpose yards.
1 INT returned 60 yards for a TD, but was called back on a penalty. The INT still counted though, cuase the penalty was post possession. He caught a TD pass, on the next play anyway.
He also had a slew of tackles on D, but I'm unable to find out how many just yet.

think i'll give my vote to mr. banyard as well.

fballfan
10-01-2006, 05:57 PM

Cobb most certainly isn't "the team". There are also ten other players on the field at the same time. His receiving core, though not as flashy and dominant like the past couple of years, does its job. They were the other half in Cobb's passing yards. Not to mention Decatur does have a talented running back. I think his name is Trant. The kid has acceleration like none other, he reminds me of the Godbolt kid Decatur used to have, except this kid has some power. I saw him stiff arm two or three kids to the ground last week. Nobody ever hears about him because Cobb has been getting to carry the ball almost as much as he has. so dont sit there and say Cobb is the only player, he wasnt the only one who marched swater up and down the field.

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 06:25 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I am giving my vote to BARNYARD. 8 carries for 188 yards is hard to do against any team. I know Big Spring isnt that bad either.

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 06:29 PM
A teams inability to catch a kick off is not a FLUKE...its a joke. A defense that gives up 40 points is not a FLUKE...its bad D-schemes. I still vote BARNYARD for THIS weeks player of the week.

Technoredneck
10-01-2006, 07:44 PM
As much as I hate to say it, ...I know Big Spring isnt that bad either. based on their 0-5 I guess?

Stownhorse
10-01-2006, 07:44 PM
A teams inability to catch a kick off is not a FLUKE...its a joke. A defense that gives up 40 points is not a FLUKE...its bad D-schemes. I still vote BARNYARD for THIS weeks player of the week.

This is for nomination isnt it? Well not all 40 were scored on our Defense Nate. And weren't you nagging me to drop it when here you are rambling on?

NateDawg39
10-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
based on their 0-5 I guess? oh.. I wasnt aware of that...oh well

Underwater Basketweaver
10-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Ok, I wish both Sweetwater and Decatur fans would give it up. Sweetwater fans you can't change the fact that you lost. It happens to the best teams, ask the Decatur team from 2 years ago if they wish they could play Abilene Wylie again. It's not going to change no matter how many excuses you want to make or how many pooch kicks you want to blame it on. We won't ever get to see the same two teams again, because we won't be in the same playoff bracket. Decatur fans need to quit rubbing it in their faces. It's over, let it rest. Sweetwater is a great football team, I know I don't want to play them again. I'm glad we got the win, and that's all it was, a win. It didn't even count for anything other than the record. It wasn't district, it wasn't playoffs. Give credit where credit is due. Cobb had a great game the other night, albeit against a lesser team than Sweetwater, but even against a poor team those numbers are impressive. It appears that Banyard had a great game too. Congrats Mustangs on the win.

STANG RED
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
Ok, I wish both Sweetwater and Decatur fans would give it up. Sweetwater fans you can't change the fact that you lost. It happens to the best teams, ask the Decatur team from 2 years ago if they wish they could play Abilene Wylie again. It's not going to change no matter how many excuses you want to make or how many pooch kicks you want to blame it on. We won't ever get to see the same two teams again, because we won't be in the same playoff bracket. Decatur fans need to quit rubbing it in their faces. It's over, let it rest. Sweetwater is a great football team, I know I don't want to play them again. I'm glad we got the win, and that's all it was, a win. It didn't even count for anything other than the record. It wasn't district, it wasn't playoffs. Give credit where credit is due. Cobb had a great game the other night, albeit against a lesser team than Sweetwater, but even against a poor team those numbers are impressive. It appears that Banyard had a great game too. Congrats Mustangs on the win.

Great Post!!! I agree 100%!!!

NateDawg39
10-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Oh fine I will quit...if they do!!:p lol

Stownhorse
10-02-2006, 10:46 AM

Im with STANGRED...Im gunna stop

jlwzz
10-02-2006, 05:13 PM

Well put, and i agree, lets just see how it shakes out in November