PDA

View Full Version : How About Them Graham Steers???

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 01:10 PM
That was an awsome game last night our defense just rolled over there offense but the had some great drives that ended in some penaltys good luck the rest of the season Monnahans..Yall have to be one of the most classiest team i have ever seen!!

justlikesports
09-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Graham played a great game last night. I thought the Loboes played flat and not to their potential, not trying to take anything away from the Steers. They ran on Monahans very well. Good job Graham, good luck the rest of the season. To the Loboes, regroup and be ready for your district opener.

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Monnahans should just roll over everybody in there district i talked to there head coach and he said they should win district easily!!

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
i talked to there head coach and he said they should win district easily!!

He seriously said that?

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Im not sure if it was the head coach but one of his coordinators said "we are going to win district easily"!!

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Im not sure if it was the head coach but one of his coordinators said "we are going to win district easily"!!

Quite cocky for a mediocre team.

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Do they have much talent in there district?:thinking:

Mustangpride09
09-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Do they have much talent in there district?:thinking:

Whether they do or not, no coach should make a statement like that. He basically spit in the other teams faces.

westtxfballfan
09-30-2006, 02:43 PM

The coach shouldn't have said it even though - up until last night - I would have agreed. The district they are in is awful. How bad is it? Pecos is likely to get the third playoff spot behind Monahans and Ft Stockton, and they probably wouldn't win a district game if they were in any other district in the region. The Pecos running back had over 300 yards last night against Anthony and has a shot at leading the state over the season since he'll be rolling up those kinds of yards against Anthony, Tornillo (both with 2a enrollment numbers), Fabens, and others. He's a good, tough runner, no doubt; but his numbers will be skewed in his favor given the lack of competition.

As for Monahans, it sounds like Graham watched film and put everyone on the line and dared Monahans to pass; which they can't do. Disappointing. Good job, Graham. The loboes needed to be exposed as one-demensional if they are expecting to make any playoff noise. The positive is that the loboes basically have 6 weeks of outmanned district opponents to develop a passing game before the playoffs start. They'll make it, but they'll be "one and done" against whoever they play if they don't get it going.

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 02:48 PM
I have to give mad props to Grahams line....they sealed their blocks and just peeled holes open for the rb's...and the Wr's threw some great blocks as well...I saw maybe 2 passes by McCoy in the 4th...they steamed rolled Monahans in the 4th

justlikesports
09-30-2006, 04:11 PM
I honestly do not think Coach Owens said that! He isn't like that. Anyone who knows him, knows he is a good guy with a lot of class. I really don't think he would be happy that one of his assistants said that either. I can tell you that Monahans knows they need to improve and no one is expecting to "just roll" through district. The Loboes never claimed to be "all that" and know that they lost a lot from last years's team, but give some credit to the coaching staff and players for continuing to work hard and improve. If Monahans is a "mediocre" team, what does that make Snyder, Midland Christian and Andrews? The Loboes beat three very good teams! Every team needs to work from week to week and improve and that is what Monahans will do.

formermbcouns
09-30-2006, 04:11 PM
another big upset, isn't this?

Stownhorse
09-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
another big upset, isn't this?

upset....yes....Big....no

formermbcouns
09-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh ok...i just Monahans was having a lot better year than Graham.

Originally posted by Stownhorse
upset....yes....Big....no

VWG
09-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I checked the stats on this game... WOW, Graham had 33 rushes for 240 yards. Only 26 pass attempts.
Gotta like McCoy changing gameplan here.
Good coaching switching over to the running game.... when the passing game isn't there.

STANG RED
09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by VWG
I checked the stats on this game... WOW, Graham had 33 rushes for 240 yards. Only 26 pass attempts.
Gotta like McCoy changing gameplan here.
Good coaching switching over to the running game.... when the passing game isn't there.

The McCoy kid still has a lot of maturing to do before he becomes a well rounded QB, but the raw talent was easy enough to see. Give him another year or two, and he may end up being as good as his older brother. At this point, he still makes a lot of mistakes, throws into double and triple team coverage, just to try to get the ball to his brother. The kid has good size though, and a lot of athletic ability, and he throws a pretty good looking ball, but not very accurate at this point.

loboes86
09-30-2006, 07:17 PM
[i]. The loboes needed to be exposed as one-demensional if they are expecting to make any playoff noise. The positive is that the loboes basically have 6 weeks of outmanned district opponents to develop a passing game before the playoffs start. They'll make it, but they'll be "one and done" against whoever they play if they don't get it going. [/B] First of all, Good Job to Graham Steers looks like coaching staff did homework. Ya'lls team did a super job and controlled the clock well.Second everyone in Texas knows Monahans is a running team, so what was exposed ? Did not look like same team as normal due to penalties and Graham coming to play football. Once again Good Job Graham!:clap:

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Thats class thanks Lobo yall played well but the penalites hurt both teams..Good luck the rest of the season!

RMAC
09-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm amazed. Yeah, from what it seems, the young McCoy looks to improving every week. Me and my friends have been talking, and we feel that he might be better than his brother Colt, down there at UT. But sadly, I just don't think McCoy will be at Graham next year, unless he can break the streak of 1 and done; much less make the playoffs. I was unsure, but after this performance, I think they have a shot, it just depends. Good luck to Monahans the rest of the year and good job Graham.

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 09:48 PM
You having fun down there?

sweetwater07
10-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Quite cocky for a mediocre team.

no joke
whos in their district?

sweetwater07
10-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
The McCoy kid still has a lot of maturing to do before he becomes a well rounded QB, but the raw talent was easy enough to see. Give him another year or two, and he may end up being as good as his older brother. At this point, he still makes a lot of mistakes, throws into double and triple team coverage, just to try to get the ball to his brother. The kid has good size though, and a lot of athletic ability, and he throws a pretty good looking ball, but not very accurate at this point.

that kid is the biggest freshman i have seen in a while...by his senior year..he'll be amazing...experience should make him a beast

loboes86
10-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Im not sure if it was the head coach but one of his coordinators said "we are going to win district easily"!! What this guy look like and was he wearing a cowboy hat?

Snyder_TigerFan
10-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Monnahans should just roll over everybody in there district i talked to there head coach and he said they should win district easily!!

First it was the head coach....then a cooridinator. How do you know it was a cooridinator and not one of the players dad?

loboes86
10-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Thats what I was wondering? If it was the guy in the cowboy hat he's just the charter bus driver.

LoBoFAN
10-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Coach Owens is a class act and he expects as much from his staff, there are so many people on the sidelines during a game it could have been anyone that said that.
Good game Graham, your boys showed up to play football and thats exactly what they did.
As far as winning district easily, with that attitude you can get beat easily.
I hear Ft. Stockton has pretty good team this year.