PDA

View Full Version : supposed to be out...

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-30-2006, 11:00 AM
...im supposed to be out and on my way home by now. today, other than the very involuntary extension i was forced into, is my last official day in the army. i know some of you will say im doing something to be proud of...thats not the point, i miss my family, i miss texas, i just want to go home.:mad:

carter08
09-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Get out of there fast man

Blastoderm55
09-30-2006, 11:04 AM
You one of the 4,000 from Texas that was forced into a prolonged tour? Stay safe, buddy. We all want you back home.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by carter08
Get out of there fast man believe me when i say this, im moving as fast as i can. my boss wont get off my rear end about re-up'ing though. makes me wanna hurt people really bad. im even thinking about turning my rounds in for other's saftey.

TAMUGRAD
09-30-2006, 11:14 AM
I heard about this on the news this week.
So sorry, I know you were looking forward to coming home.
I know it is not much, but we are so grateful for your service.
Stay safe, and get home as quickly as you can.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-30-2006, 11:19 AM
idk that i was counted in the 4000 that was extended, but i was stop lossed in probably the worst way possible. at pldc, the only visitor i got was the person who served me my stoploss orders, on my 22nd birthday. the course is, well it has issues, but to not have anyone visit you except someone telling you that you have no choice but to be in longer, is very agonizing.

sinton66
09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Somehow, this doesn't exactly sound legal. I know the fed has a lot of power, but how can they just arbitrarily extend a contract without permission? Must have ties to "war powers" or something?

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-30-2006, 11:27 AM
actually its legal because every enlistment contract is for a minimumof 8 years, however many are active, then the rest are in an "inactive ready reserve" or irr, where you are literally a civilian unless activated then they can only keep you as long as they need you, this has to be ordered by the president. i however wasnt in the irr yet, so the cg of my unit was authorized under his "ordered executive powers" which all officers possess, as orders from them are treated as if they are from the president himself.

GreenMachine
09-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Stay safe and thanks for protecting our freedom. We owe everything to our men and women in the armed forces. Praying something good happens and you get to come home sooner.