PDA

View Full Version : La Grange (4-0) @ Luling (3-2)

Pudlugger
09-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Luling will be the best test so far for the Leps. With wins over Poteet, Goliad and Gonzales, Luling has the best win loss record of all Lep opponents thus far. Luling's two losses were to Rice and Wimberley so they have faced some good teams. This
game will test the Leps focus since they face Giddings in the big battle of Hwy 77 the following week. I think the Leps will take care of business.

Leps 31
Luling 6

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Luling will be the best test so far for the Leps.

Leps 31
Luling 6

You pick La Grange by 25, and say Luling will be the best test so far? Your Best test will come in your first 3 games of District.

Pudlugger
09-30-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You pick La Grange by 25, and say Luling will be the best test so far? Your Best test will come in your first 3 games of District.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suite, right? I said so far. Obviously district will be the acid test. The Leps have improved with each game. Even though I think the Leps will win by 3 tds, Luling is a better team than the Leps have faced thus far. It's not unusual for teams to get stronger as they move through the schedule. In fact it is usually the case.:rolleyes:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Even though I think the Leps will win by 3 tds, Luling is a better team than the Leps have faced thus far.
Luling is the only team with a winning recored, the leps have faced?

Cameron Crazy
09-30-2006, 10:37 PM
La Grange will lose!

Bull's-eye
09-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Luling will be the best test so far for the Leps. Luling has the best win loss record of all Lep opponents thus far. This game will test the Leps focus since they face Giddings in the big battle of Hwy 77 the following week.

Are you saying that Luling is the best test because they are the best team that LG will have played? Luling was shut out by 2A Rice 30-0. LG defeated Lockhart by 7 and the win over Sealy was even closer. I think those 2 games were a far better test than this Luling game. You even have a pediction of LG by 25???

Or it will be a test not to look ahead? Warda Bowl

Specklebelly
10-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I think those 2 games were a far better test than this Luling game. You even have a pediction of LG by 25???

Gotta agree. We played Sealy and Luling and Sealy is a much better team than Luling.

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 06:51 AM
Are you saying that Luling is the best test because they are the best team that LG will have played? Luling was shut out by 2A Rice 30-0. LG defeated Lockhart by 7 and the win over Sealy was even closer. I think those 2 games were a far better test than this Luling game. You even have a pediction of LG by 25???

Or it will be a test not to look ahead? Warda Bowl

So reading comprehension is again a problem. I said best test so far, not best test all season. Specklebelly thinks Sealy was a better team than Luling. That may be true. I also think Sealy is now a better team than their record would indicate. Because of the fact that Luling has faced two good teams in losing to Wimberley and Rice and has won in three other games ,I think they might be more seasoned. Remember high school teams tend to improve with each game.

btw Bull's eye the LG Sealy score was 20-13, also a 7 point win.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2006, 08:36 AM
[B] I said best test so far, not best test all season.

No one said anything about the best test all season, we all know this applies to pre- district, your statement makes no sense with the subject, once more we are talking about La Granges Pre- District, Yes the leps will be 5-0, but that wont look that good if you start District 0-3!

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 09:03 AM
No one said anything about the best test all season, we all know this applies to pre- district, your statement makes no sense with the subject, once more we are talking about La Granges Pre- District, Yes the leps will be 5-0, but that wont look that good if you start District 0-3!

Actually someone did say that but I get your point. I doubt the Leps will be 0-3 in their first three games in district. The Leps are way better than you are willing to concede. We'll just have to wait and see.;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2006, 09:14 AM
[B The Leps are way better than you are willing to concede.[/B]

Then how come dont any of the polls think so?:thinking:

Bull's-eye
10-01-2006, 09:52 AM
So reading comprehension is again a problem. I said best test so far, not best test all season. Specklebelly thinks Sealy was a better team than Luling.

btw Bull's eye the LG Sealy score was 20-13, also a 7 point win.

Reading comprehension is definately not the problem, but the way you contradicted yourself has posters questioning what you are actually saying. I was only referring to the games that LG has played and the upcoming Luling game.

The margin of victory vs Sealy may have been 7 points, but didn't LG have to come from behind and score late to win this game?

buffpride
10-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Pudlugger, the first real test will be the district opener. I am sure that game will show everyone including yourself, how good or bad or average LaGrange really is this year. I do however, admire has you stick behind the Leps. Good luck against Luling and welcome to Giddings next week!

gobbler grad
10-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Luling had good game last week against Gonzales, but they will have tougher time this week against LaGrange...The Leps roll by 17 over the Eagles...:thinking:

Bull's-eye
10-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Are you saying that Luling is the best test because they are the best team that LG will have played?

Pudlugger, nobody said anything about best test all season. A lesson in reading comprehension, if I would of said " the best team that LG will play" that would refer to the whole season. I said "will have played" referring to Luling and the previous games.

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 10:24 AM
This thread was supposed to be about La
Grange and Luling. It seems others want to talk about Bellville and Giddings, but that would be looking ahead. I will post on the Giddings match next week after the Leps take care of the job at hand, beating a decent Luling team.:p

GreenMachine
10-01-2006, 10:39 AM
I think the Leps take the Eagles by 2 td's ;)

Bull19
10-01-2006, 01:36 PM
LA GRANGE WINS BY 10 THIS WEEK,,,,,,,,HOWEVER FOR NEXT THREE WEEKS THEY LOSE BY A MARGIN OF 14+ IN EACH GAME, COUNT ON IT. BEATING AVERAGE AT BEST TEAMS BY A TOUCHDOWN OR A FIELD GOAL IS NOT SAYING MUCH. PLAYING A WEAK PRE-DISTRICT SCHEDULE IS GOOD TO GET SOME W'S UNDER UR BELT I GUESS IF YOU KNOW YOUR GUNNA GET SOME L'S ONCE DISTRICT STARTS

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-01-2006, 09:53 PM
I will post on the Giddings match next week after the Leps take care of the job at hand, beating a decent Luling team.:p
Now Luling is a decent team, on a scale of 1-10 how decent would thet be?:thinking:

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Now Luling is a decent team, on a scale of 1-10 how decent would thet be?:thinking:

:hand:

Bull19
10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
FBB ASKED YOU A QUESTION. THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS ANSWER IT.

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
FBB ASKED YOU A QUESTION. THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS ANSWER IT.

Don't you kids have any homework to do?:D

Bull's-eye
10-01-2006, 10:08 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull19
10-01-2006, 10:11 PM

SORRY I AM NOT GOAT. AND EVEN IF I WAS A KID I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO READ OR WRITE.

Pudlugger
10-01-2006, 11:48 PM
SORRY I AM NOT GOAT. AND EVEN IF I WAS A KID I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO READ OR WRITE.

It's 11:48 well after Bull19's bedtime. Nite nite :D

Bull19
10-02-2006, 01:38 PM
It's 11:48 well after Bull19's bedtime. Nite nite :D

NO, ITS CALLED I HAVE A JOB. I LIKE TO SHOW UP TO WORK ON TIME. APPARENTLY YOU DONT HAVE ONE, OR YOU JUST ONE BECAUSE YOU RATHER WASTE YOUR LIFE AWAY ON THIS BOARD THINKING ITS GUNNA GET YOU SOMEWHERE IN LIFE, WHEN IT WONT. ESPECIALLY SINCE ALL YOUR REMARKS ON HERE CONTRADICT THEMSELVES. YOUR IGNORANCE IS QUITE FUNNY. BELLVILLE VS. LEPS, CANT WAIT TILL YOU GET WHATS COMING.

hookandladder
10-03-2006, 09:34 AM
LA GRANGE WINS BY 10 THIS WEEK,,,,,,,,HOWEVER FOR NEXT THREE WEEKS THEY LOSE BY A MARGIN OF 14+ IN EACH GAME, COUNT ON IT. BEATING AVERAGE AT BEST TEAMS BY A TOUCHDOWN OR A FIELD GOAL IS NOT SAYING MUCH. PLAYING A WEAK PRE-DISTRICT SCHEDULE IS GOOD TO GET SOME W'S UNDER UR BELT I GUESS IF YOU KNOW YOUR GUNNA GET SOME L'S ONCE DISTRICT STARTS

You are dogging the Leps each week about their weak competition and you predict your team can only beat the Leps by 2 TD's. With as much smack as you talk you must have more confidents in your team. Quote( Beating average at best teams by a touchdown or a field goal is not saying much) and you predict your team will beat LG by 14 points. Does 4 points make you a great Team.

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 10:31 AM
im pulling for luling cause one of my old coaches use to coach there

Bull19
10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
You are dogging the Leps each week about their weak competition and you predict your team can only beat the Leps by 2 TD's. With as much smack as you talk you must have more confidents in your team. Quote( Beating average at best teams by a touchdown or a field goal is not saying much) and you predict your team will beat LG by 14 points. Does 4 points make you a great Team.

I CLEARLY SAID 14+, THAT IMPLIES THAT WE WILL BEAT THE LEPS BY A BARE MINIMUM OF 14 POINTS.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
[B you predict your team can only beat the Leps by 2 TD's. Quote( Beating average at best teams by a touchdown or a field goal is not saying much) and you predict your team will beat LG by 14 points. Does 4 points make you a great Team. [/B]

What do you mean 4 points, he clearly said by a touchdown, OR a field goal, meaning 6,7 OR 3 points, if you could add, you would see there is a differance more than 4 points.
By the way hook, how good is it to have Bellville Softball in your District this year?:cheerl: :cheerl:

hookandladder
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
What do you mean 4 points, he clearly said by a touchdown, OR a field goal, meaning 6,7 OR 3 points, if you could add, you would see there is a differance more than 4 points.
By the way hook, how good is it to have Bellville Softball in your District this year?:cheerl: :cheerl:

Did I miss something last year, Did Bellville make it to State. I personally am more interested in Baseball. It will be good to have Bellville in our District this year. Should be some good games, great coach at Bellville. However I think we have the talent to win District, now coaching that's a different story. As for the softball team did not get to see them play much last year. I know the Lee girl will be back and also LG has a new coach. I'am sure LG will be excited to play Bellville. No Fear here.

Bull19
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Did I miss something last year, Did Bellville make it to State. I personally am more interested in Baseball. It will be good to have Bellville in our District this year. Should be some good games, great coach at Bellville. However I think we have the talent to win District, now coaching that's a different story. As for the softball team did not get to see them play much last year. I know the Lee girl will be back and also LG has a new coach. I'am sure LG will be excited to play Bellville. No Fear here.

EARLY PREDICTION, CAN CHANGE KEEP IN MIND, BUT AS OF NOW LOOK FOR THE BULL TO WIN DISTRICT IN BASEBALL, GOT A GOOD JUNIOR PITCHER BACK AND A COUPLE OF UNDERCLASSMAN WHO CAN HOLD THEIR OWN.

SO IS THE LA GRANGE BB COACH GONE? WAS HE THE MILITARY ONE EVERYBODY MADE JOKES ABOUT ,ON HOW HE WAS A A$$ TO EVERYONE?

hookandladder
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
EARLY PREDICTION, CAN CHANGE KEEP IN MIND, BUT AS OF NOW LOOK FOR THE BULL TO WIN DISTRICT IN BASEBALL, GOT A GOOD JUNIOR PITCHER BACK AND A COUPLE OF UNDERCLASSMAN WHO CAN HOLD THEIR OWN.

SO IS THE LA GRANGE BB COACH GONE? WAS HE THE MILITARY ONE EVERYBODY MADE JOKES ABOUT ,ON HOW HE WAS A A$$ TO EVERYONE?

I will not get personal about the coach, let's just say he was given the Head job, without the interviewing process. We were coming off a State Championship year, there would have been more quailfied coaches applying for the position. As for my pick of District champ I hold solid, LG brings back every starter except for Supak. They held their own last year in a very tough District. The answer to your question, sadly yes he is still here. Hopefully win or lose this year he still leaves.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Did I miss something last year, Did Bellville make it to State.

Bellville did not make it to state, but also did not get beat in the 1st round!

hookandladder
10-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Bellville did not make it to state, but also did not get beat in the 1st round!

Personally if my team does not win State, it does not mean any more or less if you go 1 round or 4 rounds in the playoffs. I've seen some really good teams get beat in the first round, that does not mean they were not as good as some teams that made it 3 or 4 rounds in the playoffs. I may be wrong but I thought Bellville Football lost early in the playoffs last year. I was thinking maybe Giddings was their opponent. Correct me if I'm wrong.

lepfan
10-03-2006, 03:24 PM

WAS HE THE MILITARY ONE EVERYBODY MADE JOKES ABOUT ,ON HOW HE WAS A A$$ TO EVERYONE? LOL...you hit the nail on the head!!!! A very close family member even said that to me (about him). LOL

BTEXDAD
10-03-2006, 03:31 PM
This thread was supposed to be about La
Grange and Luling. It seems others want to talk about Bellville and Giddings, but that would be looking ahead. I will post on the Giddings match next week after the Leps take care of the job at hand, beating a decent Luling team.:p
Isn't high school football season the best time of year, Pud?
Good luck to leps this week.

Bull19
10-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
LOL...you hit the nail on the head!!!! A very close family member even said that to me (about him). LOL

YEA I WAS TOLD FROM A FORMER PLAYER THERE THAT HE TRIED TO ACT LIKE THE GENERAL OF THE NAVY SEAL'S. I JUST WONDERED IF THAT WAS JUST HIS OPINION OR EVERYONE'S. I GUESS EVERYONE FEELS THAT WAY

Pudlugger
10-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
Isn't high school football season the best time of year, Pud?
Good luck to leps this week.

Yes it certainly is. Cool weather, autumn leaves, frying turkey, cold beer and football all at once. Yep, it is the best. Thanks,Btex you too.:D

44INAROW
10-03-2006, 04:55 PM
frying turkey,

hey now, leave us out of this :D :D :D just playing with you Pud :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Personally if my team does not win State, it does not mean any more or less if you go 1 round or 4 rounds in the playoffs. I've seen some really good teams get beat in the first round, that does not mean they were not as good as some teams that made it 3 or 4 rounds in the playoffs. I may be wrong but I thought Bellville Football lost early in the playoffs last year. I was thinking maybe Giddings was their opponent. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lets see, La grange Softball lost early to Sealy, and La Grange Baseball lost to Bellville early, and Football did not make play-offs, Now correct me if I am wrong!

hookandladder
10-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Lets see, La grange Softball lost early to Sealy, and La Grange Baseball lost to Bellville early, and Football did not make play-offs, Now correct me if I am wrong! \\

So Bellville did lose to Giddings early last year, I could not remember. The point I was trying to get across was I thought Bellville was a pretty good team last year and lost early. I was at the baseball playoff first game with Bellville, La Grange gave you that game. Just flat out pour coaching. Supak pitching a great game well over a 120 pitch count, leads off the 7th inning and the coach did not pinch run for him. He pinch ran for Nieser everyone thinking he will be coming in to pitch and he stays with Supak to long and the rest is history. Just bad coaching.Sad thing is it could happen again this year. He's back.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2006, 04:35 PM
\\

Just bad coaching.Sad thing is it could happen again this year. He's back.

I heard they were going to send him back to Burton? You are right he is not a very good Baseball coach. Long as Bellville baseball coach stays here we are Happy.

18handicap
10-04-2006, 05:17 PM
La Grange and Bellville softball will be a great matchup. La Grange WILL be good -- mark my word. So will Bellville and that should lead to a great matchup. LG lost 2 great seniors, but there are some really good young ones coming up that will do a great job. If I was to bet, I would lay my money on the Lady Leps, and my heart goes with them. Great group of kids in LG!!! They worked really hard last year when I worked with them and they will continue to do well.

Pudlugger
10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Anyone want to talk football? LOL:)

Bull's-eye
10-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Anyone want to talk football? LOL:)

You gotta go to a football thread. Wait a minute, this is one. :D

Bull19
10-04-2006, 08:10 PM
\\

So Bellville did lose to Giddings early last year, I could not remember. The point I was trying to get across was I thought Bellville was a pretty good team last year and lost early. I was at the baseball playoff first game with Bellville, La Grange gave you that game. Just flat out pour coaching. Supak pitching a great game well over a 120 pitch count, leads off the 7th inning and the coach did not pinch run for him. He pinch ran for Nieser everyone thinking he will be coming in to pitch and he stays with Supak to long and the rest is history. Just bad coaching.Sad thing is it could happen again this year. He's back.

THATS WHY THEY PLAYED 2 OUTA 3 AD THE BRAHMAS WON. ITS NOT BAD COACHING WHEN U LEAVE UR GO TO PITCHER ON THE MOUND IN A CLUTCH SITUATION. DID U SEE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THEY BROUGHT NEISSER IN IN THE FIRST, SECOND, AND THIRD GAME? ,,, HE GOT ROCKED! (ESPECIALLY IN THE THIRD GAME) THE BEST TEAM WON THAT SERIES, BELLVILLE HAD GOOD DEFENSE AND PITCHING AND VERY CLUTCH HITTING.

Bull19
10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Long as Bellville baseball coach stays here we are Happy.

VERY GOOD COACH IN CERNY. CAN MAKE A C- TEAM PLAY LIKE AN A TEAM.

18handicap
10-04-2006, 08:45 PM
I can talk football too.

LG has made some great stride this season from what I read here and from talking to friends in LG who have been going to games. I know Coach Walker is a very good coach and the kids seem to be responding. I know that it is a very tough district, but LG will turn some heads this year and will do well.

sabre1
10-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Just concentrate on softball and leave football alone.

18handicap
10-05-2006, 05:41 AM
This is a post about LG, not Giddings. You can talk about Giddings somewhere else.

I was just giving LG props for the great things they are doing in football.

But for your information, I've coached football for 17 out of the 20 years I've been teaching and coaching, so I can talk a little bit about it.

Pudlugger
10-05-2006, 07:28 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

18handicap
10-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Thanks Pudlugger!!!!:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Go get 'em tomorrow!!

hookandladder
10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
Just concentrate on softball and leave football alone.

From what I saw happened to LG softball program last year, maybe it best he not concentrate on it also.

18handicap
10-05-2006, 04:06 PM

Pudlugger
10-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I can talk football too.

LG has made some great stride this season from what I read here and from talking to friends in LG who have been going to games. I know Coach Walker is a very good coach and the kids seem to be responding. I know that it is a very tough district, but LG will turn some heads this year and will do well.

Thanks, Handicap18, the Leps have 29 seniors on the roster and have faced almost every big time team in region 3{Cameron, Hutto and Giddings} and region 4 {Cuero}in the past three years. The Leps have been there and done that, so a big threat in their schedule is not so big. The leadership will not be intimidated. This Lep team is not your Daddy's team!LOL

:D