PDA

View Full Version : Madison 30-Pinkston 22

JR2004
09-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Madison came out of the gates slow with an expected post-Lincoln hangover, but scored 23 points in a 7 minute span in the 2nd quarter to be up 23-0 at the half. Madison's defense dominated most of this contest, but had a few penalties that kept drives alive for Pinkston. I really did feel bad for Pinkston's QB because he sure got his fair share of lookout blocks tonight. DL Allen Lee is really putting together a great season thus far and he's more than filled Jason Thompson's (Kansas) shoes as the leader of that defense with another big sack total tonight. He had at least 3 or 4 that I saw before I quit counting.

Willie Hutchins had another good game and caught a TD pass of about 28 yards or so while planted firmly on his posterior after a Pinkston DB tripped him up. It was a heck of a catch. JL Wallace looked a lot more comfortable in the passing game this week and for the Love of the Good Lord I wish someone could tell me what exactly it is that has Chris Mason playing at such a high level. This has pretty much come out of nowhere as the prior two seasons he seemed fairly well disinterested with even playing football and now again this week he's carrying two guys on his back into the end zone for a TD. Seriously if anyone knows what it is that's gotten into him, bottle it and sell it because I really am stumped by this complete turnaround. I'm real proud of him though for how he's playing at such a high level.

If I were a betting man I'd bet that Shawnbrey will be seeing the ball A LOT more from here on out than the 19 times he saw it tonight. (Still a season high for him which is disappointing.) I'll also bet that the next time Madison has a chance to put their foot to the throat of an opponent they won't take it off like they did tonight and go to the kneel down at mid-field with a minute left before the half. I guess they felt that 23-0 lead was pretty safe. I don't expect to see that happen again.