PDA

View Full Version : Gobblers / Heath

CueroDad2006
09-30-2006, 12:11 AM
The Cuero Gobblers did what any team would have done this week.They had a tuff time getting back up the next week after being so high the week before against LH. Hats off to La Vernia they were sky high this week with the top team in class 3A in town. As noted already in this site,the Bears QB was really good and has some nice Wr's to get the ball to.And they will also have a nice run into the playoffs as well,But still with everyone heathy from Cuero this would be 21/28 point win.NOTE:Cuero has 4 starters out. And tonight had there best WR/DB Try Grey go down as well. With a lack luster district,we do have time to get heathy and ready for a long run again in the playoffs.

GOOD HEART GOBBLERS NOW GET HEATHY

44INAROW
09-30-2006, 12:44 AM
It wasn't pretty, but it was a Win :clap: :clap: Now, whoever in the heck pi$$ed off the "injury bug" PLEASE apolgize to him ASAP so we can get our team back :) Seriously, I hope and pray the injuried players get well and back on the field soon (for themselves mainly and of course for the team)
The LV QB/WR combination is a good one.
GO MEAN GREEN

GreenMachine
09-30-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree I want them back too, but don't bring them back before they are ready. We don't need them right now, as these games are really meaningless in the BIG picture. We will, however, need them for a really deep run in the playoffs. So I say, hold them out, bring them back slowly, get them in game shape again before the playoffs and let some other guys play. With some other players getting experience, they can be called on and counted on later in the year. Depth, Depth, Depth!

44INAROW
09-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I agree I want them back too, but don't bring them back before they are ready.
With some other players getting experience, they can be called on and counted on later in the year. Depth, Depth, Depth!
Oh, I agree 100% - Preaching to the choir on this one :) re: depth issues
(I don't wanna be using kids names but you'll know what I am talking about) I was watching the one that just came back from the shoulder injury - he was rubbing his neck towards the end of the 1st quarter - by the end of the half - he seemed to be in ALOT of pain - 2 mins into the 3rd quarter - he could hardly hold his shoulder straight. I will admit, I was very concerned he was going back in the game :( - He did a great job on that punt (great snap too) and he was awesome on that last drive defensively.

GO MEAN GREEN