PDA

View Full Version : Curtis lays the wood to Hoover

KindaCool
09-29-2006, 11:54 PM
most of you who know me know that I have seen a lot of football and that I am NOT easily impressed when it comes to football...

that being said, the John Curtis vs Hoover game was one of the best games I have ever seen and 2 of the best teams I have ever seen

all of the state title games, east texas speed, speed from my own high school....and that includes lufkin, the woodlands, copperas cove, forney, speed from all over the place - there was more speed on the field tonight than in any game i have EVER seen

It was amazing, after 6 minutes Hoover was up 14-0 and i thought 'i came 660 miles for a freakin blowout'

FINAL 28-14 - curtis shut down the hoover offense
all they did was rush 3 and put 8 defensive backs in and their (hoovers) offense was done

After the initial jitters, and some missed field goals by hoover, we had us a ball game - the atmosphere was amazing, it wasnt quite the same as texas stadium for a 5a state title game, but it was up there

2 words - joe mcknight

HE IS A STUD

this game was well worth the 10 hour drive - it was a great game, and john curtis laid the wood and shut that hoover crowd up

--jason

CenTexSports
09-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I have said before, other southern states do not have the numbers that Texas has but Mississippi and Alabama have some extremely good athletes. When you hit the right mix, they can be very very good. The Batesville MS team that has won around 50 in a row is one of these teams.

DU_stud04
10-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by KindaCool

2 words - joe mcknight

HE IS A STUD

cant put that any better..... he is a monster