PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley 48 Liberty Hill 44

gold_33
09-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Wow!! This game was all anyone could ask for, two rivals battling it out until the final second. LH made a come back down 41-29 to take the lead 44-41 but the Texans drove down the field and scored with about a minute left. No defense in this battle it was whoever scored last. My hat goes off to the Panthers they never gave up and stuck in there to the end. Those boys need to keep there heads up cause they can go far and hopefully two close losses wont hurt them to much. Good job Texans on a hard fought win but code red needs to show up sometime this year, big big win.

SintonFan
09-29-2006, 11:21 PM
Dang... my heart goes out to LH. They came so close the last two weeks. But judging from the competition they played, they'll be fine.
Congratulations Wimberley, it looks like you guys are rounding into playoff form again.

gold_33
09-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Our offense is there but the defense is gonna have to step it up but all in all this was the best matchup between these two teams and one of the best games I've ever seen.

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dang... my heart goes out to LH. They came so close the last two weeks. But judging from the competition they played, they'll be fine..

footballgal
09-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Wow another great game by LH. BTW, Congrats to wimberly

wimbo_pro
09-30-2006, 12:30 AM
What a game! Who ever scored last was going to win. It happened to be us. The only thing I would say that gave us an edge...we are not a one dimensional offense. When they shut down the run, we went to the air...then back to the run when they shut down the pass. LH doesnt have that option on offense. I hope they get that option before the year is out...they are a quality team, no doubt. I wish them the best.

SintonFan
09-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
:cool: :)

lhpantherdad
09-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Yes, Wimberley did burn us with the pass and several times in a break-away run. But the Panther defence had the Texan's back to the wall several times. ::D

So what was the deal on the safety that we were denied??? ...looked pretty clear-cut from where I was sitting...Wimberley quarterback was sacked a good 3 yards inside the end zone! :mad:

I have to admit that Michael Buse #32...is freaking fast!....I've not seen anyone with such explosive accelleration as that guy! :eek

Hupernikomen
09-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Only way LH ever losing is if someone makes a long drive to score a TD to end the game..give them 1:30 and they will beat you.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
So what was the deal on the safety that we were denied??? ...looked pretty clear-cut from where I was sitting...Wimberley quarterback was sacked a good 3 yards inside the end zone! :mad:

I don't even think I can comment on this (or a couple others), other than to say that I am not even remotely surprised. :foul: :foul: :(

Our 2-minute (or :55) offense needs some work, as has been evident the last two weeks. Hopefully, this will be rectified during the open week coming up.

Panthers - you guys never gave up, and I am proud of each and every one of you for giving it everything you had every play. :clap: :clap:

Leopards,class of 75
09-30-2006, 07:50 AM
No code red this year.

GreenMachine
09-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Had to be one heck of a game :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
09-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Can LH catch a break this year... seriously, two weeks in a row...

wimbo_pro
09-30-2006, 10:52 AM
The reason it wasnt a sack is because of forward motion. He was hit one the one and fell about 2 or 3 yards into the end zone. Thats how I saw it myself, but I will check the video later today. The way the ref's were favoring LH all night, I'm surprised they just didnt give them the game ball and call it a night.

STANG RED
09-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The reason it wasnt a sack is because of forward motion. He was hit one the one and fell about 2 or 3 yards into the end zone. Thats how I saw it myself, but I will check the video later today. The way the ref's were favoring LH all night, I'm surprised they just didnt give them the game ball and call it a night.

LOL, its always amazed me how two people can watch the same thing, and yet see something completely different. I was'nt there, so I have no idea, but you see this all the time. It's just kinda funny to me. LOL:D

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The way the ref's were favoring LH all night, I'm surprised they just didnt give them the game ball and call it a night.
LOL! Yeah, the four (I think....or was it 5) holding penalties we got sure helped us. ;) My son was a little irked at his...not at the call, because it was legit, just the way it happened. He had a really good block going, but the guy he was blocking turned his body sideways and went between his fists. Just one of those things that happens.

gold_33
09-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I think for the most part the ref's equally sucked for both teams, they looked like they were lost most of the game. The call on the safety was pretty close but LH got the ball back and scored anyways so if ya'll want we'll say the score was 48-46.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
I think for the most part the ref's equally sucked for both teams, they looked like they were lost most of the game. The call on the safety was pretty close but LH got the ball back and scored anyways so if ya'll want we'll say the score was 48-46.
Hahaha! No thanks. :p However, I thought I just might have enough time to drive to the UIL offices, buy a rule book and drive back to the game in the time it took them to determine the rule on the call after the blocked extra point. :D

SWMustang
09-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hahaha! No thanks. :p However, I thought I just might have enough time to drive to the UIL offices, buy a rule book and drive back to the game in the time it took them to determine the rule on the call after the blocked extra point. :D

If I didn't know any better LHMom I'd think you were a sore loser. :)

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 02:13 PM
If I didn't know any better LHMom I'd think you were a sore loser. :)
No, I'm not. Anyone at the game would know what I meant by that. I don't even know the "official" name for the call....something about using another player's body to gain height to block a kick. :confused: But it took probably ten minutes (or seemed like it) of conferencing on the field before they threw the flag after the play. (Just referring to gold33's comment on them looking lost.)

tigerpride_08
09-30-2006, 02:35 PM
sounded like an amazing game...

TMer25
09-30-2006, 02:52 PM
No, I'm not. Anyone at the game would know what I meant by that. I don't even know the "official" name for the call....something about using another player's body to gain height to block a kick. :confused: But it took probably ten minutes (or seemed like it) of conferencing on the field before they threw the flag after the play. (Just referring to gold33's comment on them looking lost.)

It will be illegal for a defensive player to jump or stand on any player, or be picked up by a teammate or to use a hand or hands on a teammate to gain additional height in an attempt to block a kick.

I'm guessing thats the rule your looking for

sabre1
09-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Sounds like both defenses need some work.

ILS1
09-30-2006, 03:59 PM

I was at the game. I believe the call was illegal participation by #85 from Wimberley. They had 12 men on the field. He didn't have time to run off the field before the snap of the ball. They broke the huddle with 12 and didn't catch it at the time. So instead he chose to run out of the back of the end zone and stand on the end line until the play was over. He was standing next to the official who was standing under the goal post!!! Thought it was pretty funny. But it did take them a LONG time to finally throw the flag after several discussions with each other and the LH coaches. I thought there was a couple of questionable calls thru out the game. Several that went against LH. This is coming from an unbiased fan. But I got to agree with Gold33,I think the Wimberley QB's forward progress was stop about the 1 or 1/2 yard line and he was pushed back about 3 yards in the end zone. So no safety. But gotta give props to both teams for not giving up and playing hard!! I was impressed with Wimberley's QB,he has a great arm and great speed. Those 2 long runs for TD's that Buse had were pretty incredible. Even when he was playing defense. When Post from LH busted threw the line for that long run. I thought he was gone. Buse comes from nowhere and catches him and punches the ball out from behind causing him to fumble. Wimberley recovers the ball at their own 1 yard line. That was one of the best defensive plays I've ever seen!! This was probably one of the best games I've seen all this year!!!

:D

formermbcouns
09-30-2006, 04:11 PM
wow...this is quite an upset, isn't it?

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
wow...this is quite an upset, isn't it?
I wouldn't consider it an upset. (Other than us being upset at the loss. ;) ) Both teams were tied for 9th in the AP poll.

SWMustang
09-30-2006, 04:33 PM

regardless of the officiating, people tend to think you're a sore loser when you blame the officiating for a loss.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 04:39 PM
regardless of the officiating, people tend to think you're a sore loser when you blame the officiating for a loss.
Actually, I never blamed the officiating for the loss. :) And the penalty that took forever to be called was a call against Wimberley. 4 holding penalties on our OL did not help our offense at all....I didn't say we didn't deserve the penalties. Heck, my son got one of them! I did however say that our 2-minute offense needs some work. That can be blamed on US.

gold_33
09-30-2006, 05:08 PM

No joke! Even after penalties were called they didnt know where to spot the ball two or three times the head ref would have to go over and tell them to move the ball cause they marked it off wrong. But with all the ref issues aside man what a freakin game both teams gave it there all to bad someone had to lose!

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Sounds like another great game.

formermbcouns
09-30-2006, 06:32 PM
I didn't realize Wimberley was ranked so high.

I wouldn't consider it an upset. (Other than us being upset at the loss. ;) ) Both teams were tied for 9th in the AP poll.

LHPfactory
09-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by gold_33

The play after that should have been a safety because of intentional grounding. ur qb threw the ball out of bounds when we had him in the grass. the out come may have been different and changed the course of the universe which may have have resulted in Buse fumbling the ball on the kickoff ensuing the last LH touchdown and there by being 46 to 41 liberty hill....... (the last half is a joke, however, we had him in the grass(that nice endzone grass too) i was there....;)

ps it is nice to have all of yall to talk to , the past two fridays have been traumatic and this group therapy is helping me get through the heart ache and rage......:mad: .............:) ahhh all better now

wimbo_pro
09-30-2006, 09:04 PM
LPHFactory and Panther Mom,

I appreciate your views of the game, and I have great respect for your team. Yes, there were questionable calls on both sides...I saw two for us and two against us that I thought were a bit much. It can be argued at what point these penalties occured, whether they really had an impact on the game or not. I guess that is pure conjecture.

I agree with Gold33, both sides suffered. I talked to several people at halftime who were LIVID with the officials...some from Wimberley...some from LH. I personally was livid with them too, but had calmed myself down by the 3rd and told myself "dont fall victim to that thinking" of blaming the refs. You two state your views with class...glad to see it, we need more of it from both sides.

LHMom
10-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry to say I missed getting to meet several of you at the M&G at the flagpole. I was riding with friends who were not quite as anxious as I to get to the game. I didn't get there till just after kick-off.

A very exciting game. As many have pointed out - the refs appeared lost on many calls throughout the evening. No one will every know what kind of impact that had on the outcome. I do think it stalled momentum more than once.

Hard fought game. If the Panthers can focus on the positives in these past wo games, and improve on pass protection, they should be well prepared for district and a playoff run.

Good luck Panthers! Play hard. Fight on.

wimbo_pro
10-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Well said LHmom...good luck to the Panthers, you have a tough region to contend with come play offs...but I think you can do it. Get 'er done!!

Gsquared
10-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by lhpantherdad
Yes, Wimberley did burn us with the pass and several times in a break-away run. But the Panther defence had the Texan's back to the wall several times. ::D

I have to admit that Michael Buse #32...is freaking fast!....I've not seen anyone with such explosive accelleration as that guy! :eek
Haha, I think I was the only one on the LH side that thinks that wasnt a safety. Qb was at the 1 or .5 yard line thus was given the forward progress.