09-29-2006, 10:39 PM
aransas pass 27 goliad 7
orange grove 44 fal 7
mathis 15 san diego 7
sinton 7 robstown 17
INGLESIDE 53 ZAPATA 14

luvhoops34
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
OMG Robstown beat Sinton! The horror of it all....

District303aPastPlayer
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
OMG Robstown beat Sinton! The horror of it all....

yeah... we know... :(

sinton66
09-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Well actually, it was Robstown AND Sinton beating Sinton.

Stownhorse
09-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
aransas pass 27 goliad 7
orange grove 44 fal 7
mathis 15 san diego 7
sinton 7 robstown 17
INGLESIDE 53 ZAPATA 14

Is the Sinton game score a typo or what? Because you have the winners at the left except Sinton

District303aPastPlayer
09-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Is the Sinton game score a typo or what? Because you have the winners at the left except Sinton

no, we are the only one in our district to lose tonight

Stownhorse
09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Hey I have sympathy for yall I know how beating yourself feels..

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2006, 10:57 PM
just one thing is that Robstown QB getting look at by college scouts? He was impressive. Sinton could have won this game but give credit to Robstown they are a good team that even though dont look like much they are well coached

IHS Fan
09-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse

nope. our district is listed first.

Stownhorse
09-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by IHS Fan
nope. our district is listed first.

Yuh

SintonFan
09-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I'll give Robstown credit. They do not look like any other Robstown team in memory. They played hard, smart and didn't make any mistakes. Their passing game was sharp with crisp 8-12 yard slant routes that was almost imposssible to stop. That QB was impressive, as was no. 10.
Our defense played pretty good and stuffed their run for the most part but had a little trouble with those short/mid routes.
It looked like we opened the play book a little and had some success with the short passes early on but Robstown made some adjustments and started getting to QB Ring consistently. That drive we started the beginning ot the 3rd Q took 10 minutes and ended up with a failed 4th down at their 17. We did fumble the ball about 5 times, losing at least one and that hurt. Penalties in key situations didn't help either. The kids played hard and although I'm dissapointed in the loss, I think we can greatly improve and play much better.
Congratulations Cottonpickers on a hard-faught victory.
Sorry about the loss Pirates. I know you guys will come back stronger next week. We are still rooting for you.:clap: :) :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
09-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Orange Grove...the most underrated team in SoTex?

SintonFan
09-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
I'll second that. With all the talk on Sinton and Ingleside, they have quietly blown everyone away, well almost but they are undefeated. They look to give 30-3A fits for sure.

Technoredneck
09-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Now Sinton and S'water are becoming interchangable, just can't admit to getting beat! Have to call it losing a game, like the other team didn't have a hand in the final score

SHOW SOME COMPASSION.

SintonFan
09-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Now Sinton and S'water are becoming interchangable, just can't admit to getting beat! Have to call it losing a game, like the other team didn't have a hand in the final score

SHOW SOME COMPASSION.
Nobody in Robstown owns a computer so the analogy doesn't hold water.:D
SHOW SOME CONSIDERATION!!!:mad: :mad: :p

District303aPastPlayer
09-30-2006, 12:06 AM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION.

We got beat. We lost. end of story :(

footballgal
09-30-2006, 01:03 AM

First of all I am shocked with the Sinton score, but you say this is not your usual Robstown team, so that explains that.

And yeah, looks like Orange Grove is playing well, maybe it will be them going to the playoffs instead of West Oso? BTW, how did West Oso do?

District303aPastPlayer
09-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by footballgal
First of all I am shocked with the Sinton score, but you say this is not your usual Robstown team, so that explains that.

And yeah, looks like Orange Grove is playing well, maybe it will be them going to the playoffs instead of West Oso? BTW, how did West Oso do?

Bye Week i believe

pirate4state
09-30-2006, 01:26 AM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION. That was one person's opinion and he is entitled to it. We can admit getting beat. We got beat by an okay Robstown team. The score was 10-7 up until about 50 seconds in the ball game. Robstown punched it in with about 45 seconds left in the game. Kudos to Robstown for exploiting our weakness. However, when you haven't even started the game and you have already lost 10 yards, well...that just doesn't seem like you are helping yourself out does it?? When you continuously gain yardage only to lose it again on the next play, drop balls, fumble the ball and pretty much just screw yourself, yeah we can say we beat ourselves!! If Robstown had been anywhere near those receivers when they dropped the ball then I'll say they had a hand it. Now, they did have a hand in some of those fumbles, but those dropped passes, among other things, killed us.

SO YOU SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

pirate4state
09-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Orange Grove...the most underrated team in SoTex? IMHO, No. We'll see if they are "for real" come district.

District303aPastPlayer
09-30-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
IMHO, No. We'll see if they are "for real" come district.

what do you make of PLC, OG, and RHS just becoming good?

pirate4state
09-30-2006, 01:36 AM
what do you make of PLC, OG, and RHS just becoming good? I don't know anything about PLC. Will have to wait until next week. OG has always had a "soft" schedule. Robstown looked good tonight, but again I've never seen them play before so I don't have anything to compare them too. I know we looked bad. We had flashes of promise and then would just shoot ourselves in the foot. I wouldn't be surprised if we had close to 60 yards in penalties! :doh: That drive to start the 3rd qtr was pretty good and to turn it over on downs in the red zone was a knife to the heart!! :hairpunk:

SintonFan
09-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I don't know anything about PLC. Will have to wait until next week. OG has always had a "soft" schedule. Robstown looked good tonight, but again I've never seen them play before so I don't have anything to compare them too. I know we looked bad. We had flashes of promise and then would just shoot ourselves in the foot. I wouldn't be surprised if we had close to 60 yards in penalties! :doh: That drive to start the 3rd qtr was pretty good and to turn it over on downs in the red zone was a knife to the heart!! :hairpunk:
I'd say we had closer to 90 yrds in penalties.
That 3rd QT drive took the wind out of my sail for a bit to say the least. A 10 minute drive and nothing! Jeez.:(

pirate44
09-30-2006, 06:00 AM
Robstown was definately better than i would have thought. at the beginning i thought the passing offense people were talking about was a joke, but it didnt take long for them to start clicking.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2006, 09:50 AM
just me but that Robstown QB if u notice he could put that ball on stride and knew exactly where throw the ball.
Ring is doing a very good job running with the ball, but sometimes hes giving up on the pass to early and runs with the ball. He is improving and getting more comfortable running the offense. one more week to work out the kinks.

Robstown has a gem. That coach well get them into the playoff, either Alice or FB dont make it in as Robstown will go in as the 3rd team. Orange Grove defense is their weak area, but that offense is not bad(but havent face a good defense yet). PLC we will see next week.:)

piratebg
09-30-2006, 09:56 AM
I can't help but think PLC is gonna do some damage next week. I won't be making the trip to Port Lavaca on Friday, but I wish them the best. It's gonna be another tough game.

sinton66
09-30-2006, 10:02 AM

SHOW SOME COMPASSION.

Excuse me? Did YOU see the game? I did.

Blastoderm55
09-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Port Lavaca has a big QB. Stop his run. I don't think they pass much. Then again I thought Sinton would roll over Robstown so what the heck do I know? :doh:

sinton66
09-30-2006, 11:18 AM
From what I hear, Port Lavaca runs a wishbone. That shouldn't work too well against Sinton. Run defense is Sinton's strongest attribute right now.

IHStangFan
09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Orange Grove...the most underrated team in SoTex? yeah, I think I agree...I was saying that last night when I saw the score and started tracking their progress so far this season....sneakin under the radar.

pirate4state
09-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Let me start by saying this: I have NOT seen Orange Grove play.

Here is their schedule to date:

W vs. 2A (2-2) Banquette 35-0
W vs. 2A (2-3) Taft 56-27
W vs. 2A (2-2) Hebbronville 47-0
W vs. 3A (2-3) Falfurrias 44-7

I can't base everything by record b/c let's face it Sinton's sucks, but I think we can all agree that our schedule is a little stronger than the one above. Am I saying we can beat Orange Grove? No. I am saying that they have had a pretty soft schedule and that I wouldn't call them underrated just yet. Let's see how they do against Goliad this week then we'll talk. :nerd: :D

I would like to send out a "shout out" to those Aransas Pass Panthers!! :clap: :clap: That is a nice victory against Goliad!! :thumbsup: I've heard some good things about AP, young group with some good talent!!

Congrats also to the rest of district 30-3A on your wins last night!! One more week before we get down to business. ;) :D