PDA

View Full Version : Snyder-Lubbock Cooper

DaHop72
09-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Snyder 7 Lubbock Cooper 0 at the half.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I thought you were going to the game, DaHop!

DaHop72
09-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I thought you were going to the game, DaHop! I was but something came up that shot it right out of the sky. Now, had you been coming I wouldn't have had to do it.:D :D

DaHop72
09-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I was but something came up that shot it right out of the sky. Now, had you been coming I wouldn't have had to do it.:D :D Snyder 14 Cooper 0 in the fourth quarter.

DaHop72
09-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Final Snyder 14
Lubbock Cooper 0

Snyder_TigerFan
09-30-2006, 12:08 AM
From the sounds of it, the Tigers from the first 3 games returned tonight. Penalties came at the wrong times, the running game was not there. We CANNOT block in the back and expect to get away with it, nor can we pull a face mask. Stop trying. However, it sounds like the defense played another excellent game.

Congrats to the Tigers on the win....still have a little work to do though.

SintonFan
09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Final Snyder 14
Lubbock Cooper 0
Congratulations Snyder!:clap:

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 12:18 AM
This was another game where the zebras could only find their flags to throw against the Tigers, they should be getting used to it by now but...

The defense looked pretty impressive tonight all-around except for a couple of blown coverages where the QB got away from the rush or a RB broke a tackle and made extra yardage. Tigers also need to take better care of the football even though they recovered all of their fumbles it cost them some yardage. QB threw a dumb interception as he was being sacked.

But overall the offense still looks potent and like they can control the line of scrimmage even against larger D-lines and we had several clock eating drives.

Cooper's QB is a pretty good athelete and they have a decent RB and also at least 1 good reciever. They have good size on both Offense & Defensive lines and good speed in the defensive backfield. They DO NOT HAVE A PUNTING GAME AT ALL!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
Cooper's QB is a pretty good athelete and they have a decent RB and also at least 1 good reciever. They have good size on both Offense & Defensive lines and good speed in the defensive backfield. They DO NOT HAVE A PUNTING GAME AT ALL!

Ya, ol' Finch is a heck of a baseball player too.

You could tell that they didn't want to punt early in the game, and later on, you could see why. Speaking of punting, I have to give Day his props.....he's and excellent punter...gets it deep just about every time.

marlin fan
09-30-2006, 12:24 AM
WTG SNYDER!!

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Ya, ol' Finch is a heck of a baseball player too.

You could tell that they didn't want to punt early in the game, and later on, you could see why. Speaking of punting, I have to give Day his props.....he's and excellent punter...gets it deep just about every time. Well, lets just say that he had good mix of nice long punts and short punts with long rolls that made for great punting averages with little chance for return. He is wild enough that the returner is not sure where to stand to wait for the kick, and that really helps! But that was a dumb int he threw!

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
WTG SNYDER!!
Likewise to y'all, Congrats

marlin fan
09-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Likewise to y'all, Congrats Thanks!! lol i now have a new 3a team to cheer for!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
09-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks!! lol i now have a new 3a team to cheer for!!!

Woohoo...it's not often that you see another team cheering for Snyder!:)

marlin fan
09-30-2006, 12:48 AM
lol well we dont have to worrie about yall till next season!!! lol

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 12:54 AM
lol well we dont have to worrie about yall till next season!!! lol Oh? Do we get to play y'all again next year?

marlin fan
09-30-2006, 12:59 AM
ugh... good question lol i thought soo! i guess we'll be in the gordonwood classic again next year lol kinda hard to schedule a new teams econd year of the alignment

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 01:05 AM
ugh... good question lol i thought soo! i guess we'll be in the gordonwood classic again next year lol kinda hard to schedule a new teams econd year of the alignment
Well, I know that next year's schedule is already done. I'll try to get a peek at it and let you know!

marlin fan
09-30-2006, 01:14 AM
cool!!!:cool: okay im tired all that cussin made me sleepy lol think ima call it a nite

Da Mules
09-30-2006, 08:20 AM
This was another game where the zebras could only find their flags to throw against the Tigers, they should be getting used to it by now but...

Lubbock Cooper is famous for homer refs, dude. Kinda like Lubbock's version of the 12th man :rolleyes:

strata_0
09-30-2006, 08:47 PM
It should be hard for anyone from muleshoe to talk about the refs!!!! Also, please do not associate anything from Aggie town to lubbock.

Technoredneck
09-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Lubbock Cooper is famous for homer refs, dude. Kinda like Lubbock's version of the 12th man :rolleyes:
Well. I saw refs during the game acting like it was a scrimage in regard to Cooper, they were constantly talking to the Cooper players but not flagging them, but always at the ready to flag Snyder. I guess I'm going to start getting involved in that as much as I have resisted it to this point, I jsut hate to see the kids not getting a fair shake. I don't care how strict a ref calls a game as long as he calls it the same for both teams. And I know that 9 outta 10 of the refs do a great job but that other 1 sure can make them all look bad!

sweetwater07
10-01-2006, 12:40 AM
Well. I saw refs during the game acting like it was a scrimage in regard to Cooper, they were constantly talking to the Cooper players but not flagging them, but always at the ready to flag Snyder. I guess I'm going to start getting involved in that as much as I have resisted it to this point, I jsut hate to see the kids not getting a fair shake. I don't care how strict a ref calls a game as long as he calls it the same for both teams. And I know that 9 outta 10 of the refs do a great job but that other 1 sure can make them all look bad!

50% of the Lubbock refs shouldn't wear the stripes, and your right..call it the same for both teams if your gonna call a strict game.......either way Snyder picked up the win..so congrats!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
10-01-2006, 08:16 AM
I guess I'm going to start getting involved in that as much as I have resisted it to this point...

:confused: :confused: :confused: How's that?

send 'em all
10-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey Da Mule! Does the name Weldon mean anything to you?

Da Mules
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by send 'em all
Hey Da Mule! Does the name Weldon mean anything to you?

:confused: :confused: No, it doesn't Send'em. But you'll surely tell me why it should.

Starta, no offense meant by the 12th man reference... I have been watching Cooper-Muleshoe football games since 1993. This is the 3rd Finch kid I've seen at QB; I think he will grow into a pretty good one. good arm and he'll learn to read with more experience.
and really, truly, objectively..... The refs at the Cooper games are usually big-time homers.

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2006, 11:10 AM

Marlin and Snyder will play next season in Brownwood. I'm not sure if the game will be part of the Gordon Wood Classic.

Snydertigersrul
10-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules

You must have your towns mixed up. You did mean Abilene, didn't you. The Abilene chapter is the worst in the state by far.

send 'em all
10-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Da Mule, Go down to the local Jiffy Lube and ask around. I'm sure he's working... He call every single sub varsity game in Muleshoe and has since 1976. I think I even saw him throw a flag at a track meet...

Da Mules
10-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by send 'em all
I think I even saw him throw a flag at a track meet...

Now that's funny right there :clap:
we don't have a JiffyLube, darn it. I'll have to drive to Clovis :D