09-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Anything?

District303aPastPlayer
09-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Sinton 7
Robstown 0

OnceABucJr
09-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow! Having to go to texaaaasports to get Sinton updates! Not good!

OnceABucJr
09-29-2006, 08:48 PM
texaaaasports has it 10-7 Robstown at the half.

District303aPastPlayer
09-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Sinton loses 17-7

SintonFan
09-29-2006, 11:00 PM
I'll give Robstown credit. They do not look like any other Robstown team in memory. They played hard, smart and didn't make any mistakes. Their passing game was sharp with crisp 8-12 yard slant routes that was almost imposssible to stop. That QB was impressive, as was no. 10.
Our defense played pretty good and stuffed their run for the most part but had a little trouble with those short/mid routes.
It looked like we opened the play book a little and had some success with the short passes early on but Robstown made some adjustments and started getting to QB Ring consistently. That drive we started the beginning ot the 3rd Q took 10 minutes and ended up with a failed 4th down at their 17. We did fumble the ball about 5 times, losing at least one and that hurt. Penalties in key situations didn't help either. The kids played hard and although I'm dissapointed in the loss, I think we can greatly improve and play much better.
Congratulations Cottonpickers on a hard-faught victory.
Sorry about the loss Pirates. I know you guys will come back stronger next week. We are still rooting for you.:clap: :) :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'll give Robstown credit. They do not look like any other Robstown team in memory. They played hard, smart and didn't make any mistakes. Their passing game was sharp with crisp 8-12 yard slant routes that was almost imposssible to stop. That QB was impressive, as was no. 10.
Our defense played pretty good and stuffed their run for the most part but had a little trouble with those short/mid routes.
It looked like we opened the play book a little and had some success with the short passes early on but Robstown made some adjustments and started getting to QB Ring consistently. That drive we started the beginning ot the 3rd Q took 10 minutes and ended up with a failed 4th down at their 17. We did fumble the ball about 5 times, losing at least one and that hurt. Penalties in key situations didn't help either. The kids played hard and although I'm dissapointed in the loss, I think we can greatly improve and play much better.
Sorry about the loss Pirates. I know you guys will come back stronger next week. We are still rooting for you.:clap: :) :clap:

that is about as accurate as u can get on the game. Sinton seems to be able to stop the run with no problem but getting beat on some good passing and blown coverages. got one week to correct this before District starts.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by OnceABucJr
Wow! Having to go to texaaaasports to get Sinton updates! Not good!

sorry was posting there because wanted to see the updates on GP and Calallen.

Maroon87
09-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
GP and Calallen.

Not to be a hijacker, but that was a crazy game huh?:eek:

SintonFan
09-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Not to be a hijacker, but that was a crazy game huh?:eek:
lol
I'll go to the 4A site here soon. How'd my 40-20 prediction look?:D

Maroon87
09-29-2006, 11:11 PM
lol
I'll go to the 4A site here soon. How'd my 40-20 prediction look?:D

Frighteningly close.;)

piratebg
09-30-2006, 07:04 AM

That's is pretty much how it went. Sintons pass coverage was pretty good last night, but the Robstown QB was just that accurate. The is the first game that I think the defense did not force a turnover. They had their chance to get back in the game but could not do it. I was in shock, as I'm sure everyone else was, when Josh Ring dropped that wide open pass late in the 4th. He knew it was a TD and started running before he had it. Oh well.

Another bad thing that happened is Chris Goetzel and an O-lineman were both hurt in the second quarter and never got back in the game. Does anyone have any updates on their injuries or know who the lineman was?

99IHSMustang
09-30-2006, 09:49 AM
It's sounds like Sinton has played 4 straight good opponents. I hope the players keep there heads and go full speed into next weeks game. I know that the Mustangs came out fired up last night. For a minute I thought Coach Hesseltine was going to let the boys put up 60+ points, but he let everyone have some playing time which is great.

piratebg
09-30-2006, 09:52 AM
It's been a hard preseason for the Pirates so far. I know Wes Ring, or QB was limping for most of the second half last night.. We are pretty banged up right now and can't afford any more injuries this close to district. I wish they could move the bye week to where it used to be.

sinton66
09-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
That's is pretty much how it went. Sintons pass coverage was pretty good last night, but the Robstown QB was just that accurate. The is the first game that I think the defense did not force a turnover. They had their chance to get back in the game but could not do it. I was in shock, as I'm sure everyone else was, when Josh Ring dropped that wide open pass late in the 4th. He knew it was a TD and started running before he had it. Oh well.

Another bad thing that happened is Chris Goetzel and an O-lineman were both hurt in the second quarter and never got back in the game. Does anyone have any updates on their injuries or know who the lineman was?

Well, they weren't the only ones. We have other starters that are "walking wounded". But, that's no excuse for lack of execution. The fumbles and penalties killed us last night, pure and simple. We couldn't even execute the shotgun last night because our center couldn't get the ball to the QB. The one long drive in the third quarter was encouraging to see right up to the point where it produced no score. It did show what the Pirates can do if they execute well.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2006, 09:56 AM
Sinton is 1-3 but they did let two games get away from them(Beeville and Robstown). I am sure they know they played some good teams past two weeks that may be playoff teams in 4a.

piratebg
09-30-2006, 09:58 AM
I didn't go to the Beeville game, but I was surpised to see them run out of the shotgun to open the game. The first drive really had me impressed with the mix of the pass and run. It kept Robstown guessing, but then they went back to the wing-t and pretty much became predictable after that.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well, they weren't the only ones. We have other starters that are "walking wounded". But, that's no excuse for lack of execution. The fumbles and penalties killed us last night, pure and simple. We couldn't even execute the shotgun last night because our center couldn't get the ball to the QB. The one long drive in the third quarter was encouraging to see right up to the point where it produced no score. It did show what the Pirates can do if they execute well.

yep. Offense has the potential to be a power running team and if they can just get the shotgun formation going they can always pass using that to mix it up. But good thing there is 5 non district games and one left to go to work out the mental mistakes.

piratebg
09-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Did anyone figure out how many flags were thrown on Sintons last possesion? There were so many freakin penalties. Even special teams made mistakes on both the punt return and kickoff return teams. It was a very bad night.

I was late getting to the game. Who won homecoming queen?

sinton66
09-30-2006, 11:20 AM
The game stats weren't in the paper this morning. Maybe the coaches didn't turn them in? May have to wait until Thursday when the San Pat paper comes out.

piratebg
09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
I think they might be in tomorrows paper. I know Robstown put up a ton of passing yards and Sinton racked up the penalty yards.

pirate4state
09-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Did anyone figure out how many flags were thrown on Sintons last possesion? There were so many freakin penalties. Even special teams made mistakes on both the punt return and kickoff return teams. It was a very bad night.

I was late getting to the game. Who won homecoming queen?

:cheerl: :cheerl: SARA ALVAREZ (my cousin and Aaron's too) won homecoming queen!!! :clap: :clap: Congrats Sara!!!!! :clap: :clap: