PDA

View Full Version : Astros

MagicMan
09-29-2006, 07:37 PM
clemens is about to get rocked. 1st and 3rd no outs

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 07:45 PM
if he gets out with only two runs allowed, I wouldn't call that rocked - but those bats better get going.

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Biggio solo HR in the top of the 7th

MagicMan
09-29-2006, 07:53 PM
in other news, preston wilson hit a 2 run homer to put the cardinals up 2-1.

sahen
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
start praying for a brewer comeback, the astros r looking like they are going to lose this one....we are going to need the cards to lose, if we go 1.5 back w/ 2 left we are pretty much done...

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by sahen
start praying for a brewer comeback, the astros r looking like they are going to lose this one....we are going to need the cards to lose, if we go 1.5 back w/ 2 left we are pretty much done...

the card need Weaver to to give 'em a couple more innings - 1 at least and count on their bullpen. There's a lot more baseball to be played in STL.

The same can not be said for Houston. The big guns have been disposed of in the 8th. 3 outs to make it happen and the pen has to hold. = homerun renteria before I could finish the post.:(

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 08:26 PM
homerun Chipper. :(

sahen
09-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
the card need Weaver to to give 'em a couple more innings - 1 at least and count on their bullpen. There's a lot more baseball to be played in STL.

The same can not be said for Houston. The big guns have been disposed of in the 8th. 3 outs to make it happen and the pen has to hold. = homerun renteria before I could finish the post.:( and now homerun chipper....we look like the astros that played the rest of the year again....

OnceABucJr
09-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Back to the same old Stros when Roger's on the mound!!!

gobbler grad
09-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Atlanta up 4-1 ...:( Cardinals up 3-1...:(

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 08:29 PM
yea - Fernando Nieve pitching in a game that means anything? I know some guys need a rest, but him and Wandy are like throwing in the towel as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's going to take more than 3 runs to win the STL game

sahen
09-29-2006, 08:31 PM
yea - Fernando Nieve pitching in a game that means anything? I know some guys need a rest, but him and Wandy are like throwing in the towel as far as I'm concerned.

I think it's going to take more than 3 runs to win the STL game Nieve has pitched pretty good out of the bullpen lately...they prolly figured since it was 2-1 and Roger started it was insurmountable anyway....

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
brewers will score in the top of the 6th. Weaver's going to pitch another inning and the heart of the brewer lineup is due up. they're letting weaver hit.

MagicMan
09-29-2006, 08:42 PM
pujols went deep. 6-1

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 08:52 PM
wasn't counting on the brewers being the brewers. Capuano walked weaver. As a pitcher you should be tarred and feathered for walking th opposing pitcher.

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 08:53 PM
at what point do you pull the pitcher? He's given up 8 runs in less than 5 innings. Get the pooh slinger outta there.

sahen
09-29-2006, 09:01 PM
at what point do you pull the pitcher? He's given up 8 runs in less than 5 innings. Get the pooh slinger outta there. thats pretty much the best the brewers have....their bullpen sucks too...

anyway, the Astros r a tease once again....oh well i'd rather them shock me and get eliminated this way then be ahead and then choke it away in the last weekend like they did in '03...the astros still have a slight chance but they need the cards to go 1-1 and they have to win both, this is possible but if that happens then the cards have to also lose their extra game against the giants for them to have a playoff in houston...basically, if we go 2-0 then the cards have to go 1-2 for a playoff in houston or 0-3 for the astros to win outright....if we go 1-1 then the cards have to go 0-3 for a playoff in houston....if we go 0-2 then bye bye no matter what the cards do....

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 09:03 PM
that last game against the braves should have Smoltz pitching. That game is probably an "L"

Originally posted by sahen
thats pretty much the best the brewers have....their bullpen sucks too...

anyway, the Astros r a tease once again....oh well i'd rather them shock me and get eliminated this way then be ahead and then choke it away in the last weekend like they did in '03...the astros still have a slight chance but they need the cards to go 1-1 and they have to win both, this is possible but if that happens then the cards have to also lose their extra game against the giants for them to have a playoff in houston...basically, if we go 2-0 then the cards have to go 1-2 for a playoff in houston or 0-3 for the astros to win outright....if we go 1-1 then the cards have to go 0-3 for a playoff in houston....if we go 0-2 then bye bye no matter what the cards do....

gobbler grad
09-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Atlanta wins 4-1...:(

sahen
09-29-2006, 09:11 PM
that last game against the braves should have Smoltz pitching. That game is probably an "L" Pettitte is pitching for the Astros that game, i wouldnt say it is an L...this next game though is questionable, we havent even named our starter for it...

SWMustang
09-29-2006, 09:14 PM
committee approach - sampson has looked good tough. I hope they trot him out there.

The Kracken
09-29-2006, 09:17 PM
gotta love those braves