PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale 35 - Fort worth Arlington Heights 24

bleedgreen
09-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Kennedale played it's last pre-district game tonight at old Farrington Field (where I ran in an elementary school race in 1959 and won the city relay championship). According to Massey ratings, this was going to be a close game and it was tied at 21 apiece at the half. Neither team punted in the first half. Fort
Worth Heights couldn't stop Kennedale's outside run and Kennedale couldn't stop AH's quarterback...I think his name is Donnell Dickerson. He's big and he's fast. Swarming tackles was the only thing that could stop him.

The second half was a different story. There was no scoring in the 3rd period, but AH blocked a Kennedale punt and their drive stalled at the 3 yard line. They kicked a FG making it 24-21 with 11:58 left in the 4th. Then Kennedale drove 80 yards for a TD. After that, Kennedale's defense started making stops which must have frustrated AH because (2) personal fouls really hurt them.
AH quarterback fumbled on his own 26 and then a personal foul was tacked on. Two plays later Kennedale scored again to make it 35-24. When you're 2 scores behind, you usually try to pass with only 6 minutes left. The passing game just wasn't here for AH. Tomorrow's stats will show a lot rushing distributed among 4 Kennedale running backs and Cordero Grey is still out. Kennedale will be off next week. Rest up and get healthy.

sweetwater07
09-28-2006, 10:29 PM
sounds like kennedale will be a contender in the playoffs...
.good job good win

Matthew328
09-28-2006, 10:47 PM
here is my game story

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=589316

Heights was really hurt by their top reciever Williams leaving with the broken arm...however I am impressed with Kennedale...they've been without Cordero Gray the past three games...once he comes back he'll make their offense that much better...don't count Kennedale out they are getting better every week

bleedgreen
09-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks Matt. I'm kind of surprised Donnell didn't have more yardage than that. He was making mince meat out of our defense.

K-TOWN
09-28-2006, 11:20 PM
one week at a time. District play @ whitney

Intensity
09-29-2006, 10:38 AM
They'll have a hard time beating West though. West is tough this year.

K-TOWN
09-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Intensity
They'll have a hard time beating West though. West is tough this year.

are you from west ?!

KingCat
09-29-2006, 01:28 PM
From what I hear, West is playing really good ball this year and should give Kennedale a good game.
I think it will be a fight between kennedale, west, hillsboro, and glen rose for district championship and who knows, maybe whitney and venus might pull an upset somewhere in there