PDA

View Full Version : Baylor vs. Kansas State

KTJ
09-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Baylor really needs to win this game if they want to go to a bowl. I didn't see the Wazzou or Army games, but it seemed like it was just careless mistakes. Is the offense going to finally click? How will their defense react to the K-State O? (which isn't that great at all.)

It's a must-win Big 12 game for Baylor. They lose this, and it's a disappointing season in Waco.

Baylor - 24
K-State - 21

Phil C
09-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Baylor really needs to win this game if they want to go to a bowl. I didn't see the Wazzou or Army games, but it seemed like it was just careless mistakes. Is the offense going to finally click? How will their defense react to the K-State O? (which isn't that great at all.)

It's a must-win Big 12 game for Baylor. They lose this, and it's a disappointing season in Waco.

Baylor - 24
K-State - 21

I agree with that prediction!

sahen
09-28-2006, 03:45 PM
it is already a disappointing season and we wont make a bowl, we would have to win 5 big 12 games to do that and the most we have ever won is 2 in one season (last year)...

we lose:
Baylor : 10 (field goal on opening drive, defensive TD)
K State: 21

we will lead at the half 10-0 and then let it slip away w/ stupid mistakes on special teams and offensive turnovers in the red zone...

1-11 this year for the Bears

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by sahen
it is already a disappointing season and we wont make a bowl, we would have to win 5 big 12 games to do that and the most we have ever won is 2 in one season (last year)...

we lose:
Baylor : 10 (field goal on opening drive, defensive TD)
K State: 21

we will lead at the half 10-0 and then let it slip away w/ stupid mistakes on special teams and offensive turnovers in the red zone...

1-11 this year for the Bears far away from 35-34

sahen
09-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
far away from 35-34 they r better than the team that won that game, they just keep giving games away...

KTJ
09-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Maybe it's the system. Are they not comfortable with it just yet?

sahen
09-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Maybe it's the system. Are they not comfortable with it just yet? it could be some of that but our offense refuses to stretch the field at all....i understand w/ this offense that you dont throw the ball deep a lot at all but you should atleast take 3 or 4 shots down the field a game to keep the defense honest, we have thrown it past 30 yards one time that i remember the whole season and that was an incompletion...this problem is so bad that all of the baylor fans at that game (army) gave a standing ovation when they actually threw it deep....to top that off we are running the ball only about 5-10 times per game, once again i know in this offense we arent supposed to run a lot but you have to give it atleast 15-20 tries to keep the defense honest, righ tnow all defenses have to do is sit on the 3-7 yard pass...we can move the ball to the 20 but the lack of a running game and the short field at that point make it where we cant punch it in...maybe they will start to click this week but i am starting to doubt it, its kinda sad because our defense is good enough to go to a bowl the offense however is pathetic....

also the special teams have been killing us, we lost our special teams coach this past offseason and we r getting kicks returned on us left and right (TCU game, and a huge punt return that put Army back in it)....however i think some of this problem may be fixed this coming week because Morriss said he was going to put the starters out there on special teams cause the guys out there now just arent getting it done...

Chris Hart
09-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I know Baylor is a little disappointed with the 2-2 start, but IMO they have a very good chance to win games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, A&M, and Tech. I don't know their full Big 12 schedule, but they have a legitimate chance of beating everyone in the Big 12 excluding Texas, OU and Nebraska. Don't give up on the Bears just yet...

sahen
09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I know Baylor is a little disappointed with the 2-2 start, but IMO they have a very good chance to win games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, A&M, and Tech. I don't know their full Big 12 schedule, but they have a legitimate chance of beating everyone in the Big 12 excluding Texas, OU and Nebraska. Don't give up on the Bears just yet...
we are 1-3....only win over D1-AA Northwestern State...if we play like we did against army last week we wont beat anyone

Chris Hart
09-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by sahen
we are 1-3....only win over D1-AA Northwestern State...if we play like we did against army last week we wont beat anyone My bad 1-3. Yeah the OT loss to Army hurt, but Army was stopped on A&M's 1 yd line as time ran out, so I'd say the Bears are close to being equal with A&M at this point. The difference is A&M is 4-0 and Baylor is 1-3. Baylor may not win enough games to make a bowl, but I don't think they will be blown away in their losses from here out either...

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 10:52 PM
My bad 1-3. Yeah the OT loss to Army hurt, but Army was stopped on A&M's 1 yd line as time ran out, so I'd say the Bears are close to being equal with A&M at this point. The difference is A&M is 4-0 and Baylor is 1-3. Baylor may not win enough games to make a bowl, but I don't think they will be blown away in their losses from here out either... we are 4-0 and stopped army at the end of a game...baylor didn't

sahen
09-28-2006, 11:00 PM
My bad 1-3. Yeah the OT loss to Army hurt, but Army was stopped on A&M's 1 yd line as time ran out, so I'd say the Bears are close to being equal with A&M at this point. The difference is A&M is 4-0 and Baylor is 1-3. Baylor may not win enough games to make a bowl, but I don't think they will be blown away in their losses from here out either... no one should blow us out except Texas and maybe OU depending on how they are playing when they get here

sahen
09-28-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
we are 4-0 and stopped army at the end of a game...baylor didn't he is saying we are close not that we are better than yall...calm down john...both of our teams are not much better than the other....the bears would be 3-1 with the aggie schedule i am sure u could seethat....the aggies r a little better than the bears at this point but a lot can change between now and october....