PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech vs. Texas A&M

KTJ
09-28-2006, 03:36 PM
The heated rivalry is back--actually it never left--between Tech and A&M. One school thinks they are head and shoulders above the other while the other school should be the one talking smack, seeing as how they have had the momentum, and majority of wins, over the last 15 years. Why A&M fans keep telling themselves that they don't, and will never, consider Tech a rival I don't know. It's clearly obvious that they are.

Tech needs to get this playstation offense going and going fast. If Harrell can stay grounded (mentally) and not get to happy or excited, the passing game will be lights out. With the addition of Hicks back into the lineup, Tech just got a lot better. Having that horrible game at TCU means Tech is out to prove that they belong back in the Top 25 and can position themselves for a great bowl game. Their defense, however, will get the biggest test of all. Can they stop the Aggie offense? Will Lane and McGee run all over the Tech D? If they can get key stops early, and often, it will be a long day for the A&M Aggies.

For Texas A&M, this is a chance to keep the "momentum" going. I put momentum in quotes because over 100 schools could have the same momentum and high that A&M is feeling right now if they, too, had that cheap OOC schedule. I think that's what makes us not know a lot about A&M. How will they handle the faster tempo of the bigger/better athletes that Tech will bring? Can their defense stop the Tech O? It didn't last year so what will make it different this year? But the one thing A&M does have going for it is it's offense. I've said it before and I'll say it again--I really like the Aggie offense. I like McGee and Lane and how they tend to spark the offense all together. The only thing is, though, A&M can't get into a "you score, we score" type of game with Tech. Frantastic always has a scoop of trick plays up his sleeve, so watch for that. If A&M can win this game, they'll end up in the top 25 and will be on their way to a great season. If they lose, the wheels will come off and all hell will break loose in College Station.

Texas Tech - 27
Texas A&M - 23

Phil C
09-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Where is the game being played?

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Where is the game being played?

Kyle Field...home of the 2nd biggest scoreboard in Texas! ;)

Phil C
09-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Kyle Field...home of the 2nd biggest scoreboard in Texas! ;)

Thanks Ad. I predict the Aggies will win 17 to 14. If the game was in Lubbock I would have reversed the score.

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Kyle Field...home of the 2nd biggest scoreboard in Texas! ;) but home of the current largest HD running Scoreboard..........

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
but home of the current largest HD running Scoreboard..........

sorry...but as of the Iowa State game, Texas is now running their board in HD according to DeLoss Dodds. I would think he knows. Also, every time I saw the board during the game...it was showing images in 16x9 instead of in the 4x3 with ads on the other half of the screen.

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 03:59 PM
and yes Tech is A&M's rival....

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
and yes Tech is A&M's rival....

:thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:03 PM
As well as Baylor. . .

Bulldog_12
09-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
As well as Baylor. . .

hmmmm, how many threads on A&M and tech can we have that a horn has to interject a stupid comment??:thinking:

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
hmmmm, how many threads on A&M and tech can we have that a horn has to interject a stupid comment??:thinking:

with him involved...just about all of them. :(

Bulldog_12
09-28-2006, 04:33 PM
with him involved...just about all of them. :(

so I have seen.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Why was it stupid? It's true isn't it?

Shouldn't you two be out asking if Fat Charlie Weis needs two idiots to give him full body massages? Or maybe just help him get into the car after football games....

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:37 PM

Shouldn't you two be out asking if Fat Charlie Weis needs two idiots to give him full body massages? Or maybe just help him get into the car after football games....

:confused:

SWMustang
09-28-2006, 04:38 PM

Ah Jeez... You two had to get him riled up didn't ya? :doh:

Bulldog_12
09-28-2006, 04:38 PM

Im hurt? Was this an insult?

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Im hurt? Was this an insult?

I guess so...I just thought it was really odd to see somebody write that!

Bulldog_12
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I guess so...I just thought it was really odd to see somebody write that!

True, it is something you dont see often. Im still puzzled as to how Charlie Weis got brought up......

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
True, it is something you dont see often. Im still puzzled as to how Charlie Weis got brought up......

hey earlier he decided to make accusations against me that he is trying so hard to back up now...but he won't be able to do so.

Bulldog_12
09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
hey earlier he decided to make accusations against me that he is trying so hard to back up now...but he won't be able to do so.

Backing it up by throwing Charlie Weis at you?:confused: He must be hurting for facts.

KTJ
09-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Way to crap on a thread folks.

Good job.

AggiesAreWe
09-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Exactly, KTJ, thread has already gotten off the path, just like most threads end up doing. Thanks for starting the thread, though.

How about starting a new rule on this board. If you hijack a thread, your kicked off for the next 24 hours. What do you think?

Hey, did I just hijack this thread? oops