PDA

View Full Version : Lady Aggies Beat Oklahoma State in Soccer

Phil C
09-28-2006, 02:59 PM
This was at College Station and the Lady Aggies got a big win yesterday against a top ranked team like themselves. The Lady Aggies scored two goals early in the game and then Oklahoma State scored near the end of the first half to make it 2 to 1. The Lady Aggies got another goal in the second half and played great defense to win the game 3 - 1. A good job by the Lady Aggies!
I just hope the Lady Horns can beat this same team (Oklahoma State) when they play in Austin Friday.

g$$
09-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the update Phil C. Much appreciated.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Accidental double post here. Mods please delete. :(

Phil C
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by g$$

You are welcome g$$. The Lady Aggies are a powerful team indeed in soccer. I look forward to them and UT going far into the playoffs and would be delighted if they could meet for the NC matchup if it worked right. Below is No. 20 senior foward Suzzette Devloo who scored 2 goals in this game. The Lady Aggies on the whole kept Oklahoma State on the defensive as they outplayed Oklahoma State. Lady Aggie freshman goalie Kristen Arnold is a good one and except for one goal kept Oklahoma State shutout on their other few threats. That along with a splendid performance by Devloo got the Lady Aggies the victory.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/images/2005headlines/full/devloo-suzzette-osu06.jpg

g$$
09-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Agreed. That would be a great match-up & bring tremendous exposure to both programs. The Big 12 has become a solid conference in soccer. Bill Byrne gets criticized at A&M, but his hires in basketball have worked out & the women's program in general is much improved. Texas has been a great all-around program for years, so it is nice to see A&M making strides.

Thanks again.

AggieJohn
09-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. That would be a great match-up & bring tremendous exposure to both programs. The Big 12 has become a solid conference in soccer. Bill Byrne gets criticized at A&M, but his hires in basketball have worked out & the women's program in general is much improved. Texas has been a great all-around program for years, so it is nice to see A&M making strides.

Thanks again. fran wasn't a byrne hire i don't think, he just signed off on it a few weeks after when he got there...i think that bills strengths are hiring and building buildings...

g$$
09-29-2006, 10:41 AM
AJ - I never said Byrne hired Fran. I said he had improved women's sports in general & he hired Pat Henry (track), & both basketball coaches. Now he just hired a new tennis coach. Facilities are much improved too, but Groff was doing some things in that area also. Joke is "Building Champions - no Building Buildings" inside the department.

You're right. Byrne signed off on Fran after being hired a week before it went down. 2 big alums & donors (Jerry Cox, etc.) flew out to Tuscaloosa & then later flew Fran to Dallas on Cox's plane to complete the deal. And Lowry Mays signed off on the deal to make it go down ($$ needed to pay Slocum's remaining years, etc.) That in a nutshell brought us Fran.