PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL 3A Downlow Player of the week Guidelines

injuredinmelee
09-28-2006, 02:35 PM
We will open nominations on Saturday morning for player of the week. There will be Four Different Threads, one for each region. When nominating a player please keep the following things in mind:

He or She (Phil would be proud) MUST be in TEXAS Class 3A.

You must include players name, school, stats from the week, opponent stats against, and his or hers classification.

Please post under the players correct region.

The nominations will close on Monday morning at 8am. At that time we ( the committe I have organized) will pick at least three of the nominees from each region and create a poll for each region. You may vote in every region.

ON Wednesday Morning at 8am those polls will be closed and the winner from each region will compete against the other regional winners for Statewide player of the week.

A side note: DO NOT get your panties in a wad if the player you nominate is not chosen for the voting. This wil be fair and impartial and there will be no preferential treatment.

PPHSfan
09-28-2006, 02:39 PM
What does the winner get?

I mean other than the thrashing he will get from the snyder and sweetwater fans.:D

Gobbla2001
09-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I mean other than the thrashing he will get from the snyder and sweetwater fans.:D

now that's funny-bone hitting stuff

Bullaholic
09-28-2006, 02:45 PM
What if the player you pick had a "bye" that week? :D

injuredinmelee
09-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
What does the winner get?

I have considered sending the State Wide Winner a Certificate to their school. Not sure how that will work out but I will def give it priority. Shouldnt be too hard to pull off. We need to get press credentials for the Downlow so I can abuse that and get into press boxes when the weather starts getting cold.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What if the player you pick had a "bye" that week? :D

then I'm sure AJ will find some way to whine about it! ;)

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I have considered sending the State Wide Winner a Certificate to their school. Not sure how that will work out but I will def give it priority. Shouldnt be too hard to pull off. We need to get press credentials for the Downlow so I can abuse that and get into press boxes when the weather starts getting cold.

Ask Matt about that. He has credentials that he can use. You could promote yourself as a freelance writer for the ARN.

injuredinmelee
09-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Ask Matt about that. He has credentials that he can use. You could promote yourself as a freelance writer for the ARN.

At some fo the bigger stadiums you can walk right into the press boxes and act liek you know what you are doing and they dont say a word to you. Have pulled that off on a few different occasions.

Bullaholic
09-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Are "pooch" kickers elligible? :D

(Injured---I'm just having a little fun. This is a great idea and thanks for being willling to administer these awards. I hope you are wearing a steel "jock", however. :D )

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 02:58 PM
At some fo the bigger stadiums you can walk right into the press boxes and act liek you know what you are doing and they dont say a word to you. Have pulled that off on a few different occasions.
I should try that. Just take my laptop with a notepad and a briefcase and act like I know what I'm doing. Oh and it probably helps to have an "angle" that you are there to write about.

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
then I'm sure AJ will find some way to whine about it! ;) man don't you know that comment is not within my "cheapshot" hours

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
man don't you know that comment is not within my "cheapshot" hours

it is what it is...

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 03:48 PM

(Injured---I'm just having a little fun. This is a great idea and thanks for being willling to administer these awards. I hope you are wearing a steel "jock", however. :D )

I guess that never gets old does it?

injuredinmelee
09-28-2006, 03:56 PM

they are made of brass my friend... brass... unflappable.

pero chato
09-28-2006, 04:03 PM
they are made of brass my friend... brass... unflappable.

Seems like that statement should be breaking a man law.

3afan
09-28-2006, 04:17 PM
A side note: DO NOT get your panties in a wad if the player you nominate is not chosen for the voting. This wil be fair and impartial and there will be no preferential treatment.

sorta like the Pick'Em, huh?

:D

injuredinmelee
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Seems like that statement should be breaking a man law.

I assure you my statement was made with the strictest understanding of Man Code. IF you never actually mention them and refer to them as being steel, brass or being able to throw them over your shoulder it is not a violation.

injuredinmelee
09-29-2006, 06:59 AM
ttt
look for the nomination threads late tonight after all the games.

injuredinmelee
09-29-2006, 03:07 PM
ttt

eagles_victory
09-30-2006, 11:57 AM
are noms open yet?

carter08
09-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Tank Carder- Sweeny. Don't know the stats, but he single handedly won them the game

eagles_victory
09-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Keiston Gatson Fairfield 132 rushing yards 84 passing yards game winning touchdown 5 or 6 tackles, about 30-50 kick return yards

sinton66
09-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Follow the directions folks. Post your nominations in the correct threads once they are created.

eagles_victory
09-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Follow the directions folks. Post your nominations in the correct threads once they are created. sorry i didnt know i didnt think it would kill anybody to do a few early nominations

sinton66
09-30-2006, 01:17 PM
We will open nominations on Saturday morning for player of the week. There will be Four Different Threads, one for each region.

eagles_victory
09-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
its saturday afternoon where they at?

sinton66
09-30-2006, 01:20 PM
check again.

LH Panther Mom
09-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Injured, I'd like to propose/suggest an addendum that the POTW nomination threads NOT turn into a debate of "why" someone thinks a player doesn't belong.

You should know who you are. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2006, 06:38 PM
bump.....