PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers

Milk That Cow
09-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Will They Win Another Game This Year...

I'm trying to figure out who else they can beat on their schedule...

87 TIGER
09-28-2006, 03:58 PM
sure they can.they COULD win them all.realisticly I see what your sayin, but i'd say they still have some more victories.
Let's go Tigers prove em wrong.

Darren
09-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Who is left on the schedule? Cameron, Liberty Hill????

tiger_94
09-28-2006, 04:05 PM
they have a good shot at beating China Spring this week

texas'10
09-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Will they lose to Cameron again? Or will they upset like 2years ago?

c-town_balla
09-28-2006, 04:36 PM
well since 2 years ago we were 1-9 so that wasen't upset.........also the "writers" for the Rockdale Reporter claim that China Spring is the best team they will play for the rest of the year........not hutto liberty hill or cameron.......

Old Tiger
09-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Liberty Hill, China Springs, Robinson, Hutto, Cameron, and Taylor are the remaining teams. Each of those teams has a combined win/loss record of like 19-5

Milk That Cow
09-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Taylor, maybe...

And that's a BIG maybe....

I'd be "shocked" if they beat Hutto, Cameron, or Liberty Hill

I just don't see it happening...

Beating China Spring or Robinson as well?? huh?

Those would be Big Upsets...

It's sad to say this, but any good news about Tiger Football has already been written...

They need to start hoping for the ' 07 and '08 seasons to begin another playoff run...

But, that's just my humble opinion...

formermbcouns
09-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Doesnt look good for another mark in the win column...maybe China Springs???

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Granted that Rockdale has a lot of tough opponents left in their schedule, it is going to be a tough road. I predict some close games in the near future. We will just have to wait and see if Rockdale's defense can step up and rise to the challenge. If they can do that and their offense can keep on rolling, they will pull out some wins and make believers out of a lot of the doubters out there. Keep on fightin' boys, I still believe in all of you.

Swarm 51
09-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
well since 2 years ago we were 1-9 so that wasen't upset.........also the "writers" for the Rockdale Reporter claim that China Spring is the best team they will play for the rest of the year........not hutto liberty hill or cameron.......

China Spring is always very competitive and well coached. They have a good quarterback and a speedy receiver. But, saying the Cougars are better than Hutto, Liberty Hill and Cameron is too far out in left field. China Spring has won all four of their non-district games, but teams they have played so far haven't been power-houses by any means. I may have to eat may words, but must disagree with the Rockdale reporter.

Old Tiger
09-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
well since 2 years ago we were 1-9 so that wasen't upset.........also the "writers" for the Rockdale Reporter claim that China Spring is the best team they will play for the rest of the year........not hutto liberty hill or cameron....... Yea it was. That was the first time we beat yall in 7 or 8 years.

Dogman_1969
09-29-2006, 10:58 AM
The Tigers can win them all. I also understand your point MTC. Your a hater of Tiger Football or your sour for some reason or another, either of which I can care less.

The Tigers are at a critical point in their season tonight. They are getting few play makers back up to full speed and have a couple that are banged up a bit. If they can avoid any further injuries and slow down CS passing game I think they will get the W.

As for Robinson, slow down Kitchens and you win that one as well. This time in 2 weeks the Tigers could be 4-2 heading into district.

MTC if you would have got out from under the cow and attended the Madisonville game, Rockdale started to find their identity on offense in the second half and if it were not for a missed holding call (only missed by the official 3 ft away) Rockdale beats Madisonville and are 3-1 at this time.

My word to you MTC, Hate while you think you can for things are changing fast....................

aggie
09-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I heard that rockdale is turning to a freshman quarterback

tiger_94
09-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by aggie
I heard that rockdale is turning to a freshman quarterback
he is moved up, but played only a couple of plays last week.. senior qb is doing a good job

Old Tiger
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
The Tigers can win them all. I also understand your point MTC. Your a hater of Tiger Football or your sour for some reason or another, either of which I can care less.

The Tigers are at a critical point in their season tonight. They are getting few play makers back up to full speed and have a couple that are banged up a bit. If they can avoid any further injuries and slow down CS passing game I think they will get the W.

As for Robinson, slow down Kitchens and you win that one as well. This time in 2 weeks the Tigers could be 4-2 heading into district.

MTC if you would have got out from under the cow and attended the Madisonville game, Rockdale started to find their identity on offense in the second half and if it were not for a missed holding call (only missed by the official 3 ft away) Rockdale beats Madisonville and are 3-1 at this time.

My word to you MTC, Hate while you think you can for things are changing fast.................... You forgot about a very athletic reciever in BJ Lewis who is very similar to Derek Evans of Cameron Yoe last year.

Good luck Tigers.

tiger_94
09-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
You forgot about a very athletic reciever in BJ Lewis who is very similar to Derek Evans of Cameron Yoe last year.

Good luck Tigers.

im sure he is a good player, but to compare him to Derek Evens is going a little far.

Milk That Cow
09-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

My word to you MTC, Hate while you think you can for things are changing fast....................

Hey Dogman,

Don't get "all emotional" on me...

I was just speaking the truth.

and the truth set me free last night.

I repeat.

"I don't think Rockdale wins another game this year, and it would be somewhat shocking if they do."

AND things might be changing fast. But, the results will not change until '07 or '08...

Dogman_1969
09-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Just stating that you are a hater of Tiger Football. Times are changing and i believe the Tigers have more wins this year....

My hats off to China Spring. Best Team I have seen in last 3 years during the first half.

theyoefnshow
09-30-2006, 01:54 PM
who does Rockdale play in their last game before district?

87 TIGER
09-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Robinson in robinson
great second half last night 31 pts
2 drives and 2 passing td's from freshman qb
keep your head up Tigers

Johnny Utah
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Go slide under your rock you came out from!!! Quit bashing programs and start supporting kids and coaches. Rockdale might have the toughest schedule of any 3a team. China Spring is very well coached, system has been in place for a long time. Coach Bell has been very successful there for quite some time. Look at his son at Baylor, came from the China Spring system. Coaching change in Rockdale with new system will take some time. Sounds as if they are headed in the right direction. Fish QB must be pretty good. Good luck Tigers against Robinson, another quality team and get after it in district. Milk, you must be from Minerva and had to go to school in Gause. LOL!!! Just my humble opinion of course.

sicem74
09-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
im sure he is a good player, but to compare him to Derek Evens is going a little far.

lmao

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by tiger_94
im sure he is a good player, but to compare him to Derek Evens is going a little far. I didn't say he was as good as Derek Evans. I said he is similar. BIG DIFFERENCE!

theyoefnshow
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
coaching changes taking time to adjust?? No offense but haven't you guys gone through 4 coaches in the last 5 years? What's really going on in Tigerland???? As for last night's game, though the 31 point comeback is probably nice to fall on, I have to think that CS probably pulled out quite a few first stringers after half....I was pulling for a Tiger upset but maybe CS is better than they appear to be...

Old Tiger
09-30-2006, 07:27 PM
China Springs recieving core is really good. They all have great hands.

Johnny Utah
10-01-2006, 12:57 PM
3 coaches in the last 4 years, and yes it takes time for the kids in the program to adjust to a new system, philosophy, etc..... China Spring is very good. Well coached, etc... 5-0 reveals that. Rockdale is going to be good in the near future, very good subvarsity teams. Can they win again this year, who knows. All I know is that they have a very tough schedule remaining including district. The coaches will keep on coaching and the players will keep on playing, anything can happen.

Milk That Cow
10-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Go slide under your rock you came out from!!! Quit bashing programs and start supporting kids and coaches. Rockdale might have the toughest schedule of any 3a team. China Spring is very well coached, system has been in place for a long time. Coach Bell has been very successful there for quite some time. Look at his son at Baylor, came from the China Spring system. Coaching change in Rockdale with new system will take some time. Sounds as if they are headed in the right direction. Fish QB must be pretty good. Good luck Tigers against Robinson, another quality team and get after it in district. Milk, you must be from Minerva and had to go to school in Gause. LOL!!! Just my humble opinion of course.

Johhny Boy,

I'm not bashing anybody...

Unlike you.

I've consistently said that I just don't think Rockdale is gonna win another game this year.

Nothing More and Nothing Less.

30 years ago, Rockdale won the State Championship. So they have a history of Being The Best.

But, this year is not their year.

Don't take things so personal. It's gonna be okay.

Johnny Utah
10-02-2006, 10:28 AM
You are correct, Rockdale did win State 30 years ago. Need to let that go, not the same times, athletes, etc... Cameron won State in the 80's, not the same as it once was either. I think some people truely believe that just because a team wins one state title, it should happen every year. I remember when Rockdale was 1-9 in the early 90's. They have been up and down, but very competitive and should be again this year. Makes me really wonder about their schedule, really tough teams, and then the coach leaves. I do not think a 3a school has a tougher schedule than Rockdale. The new coaching staff is doing a great job staying in games with stiff competition. Not bashing you Milk, just think your opinion is over rated.

Bearkat
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by texas'10
Will they lose to Cameron again? Or will they upset like 2years ago?

Let me answer this question for you. Yes, rockdale will lose to CAMERON again. No, they will not upset the YOEMEN.