PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Grad Rates - Texas 4th from bottom

g$$
09-28-2006, 10:50 AM
www.ncaa.org

**This is important because schools will soon be subject to a loss in scholarships if they don't meet NCAA standards for graduation. It's the APR you may have have read about in recent months.

Graduation Rates:
Division 1 athletes (93,000) entering college from 1996-1999
(it takes this long to calculate)
Schools are NOT penalized anymore for transfers w/ new NCAA formula as opposed to federal guidelines
6 year window to graduate
Overall: Males = 70%, Females = 86%

Football Top 10 AP Poll 2006 currently:
1. Ohio St. = 55%
2. Auburn = 63
3. USC = 55
4. West Va = 63
5. Florida = 80
6. Michigan = 71
7. Texas = 40 (4th from the bottom in all NCAA)
8. Louisville = 53
9. LSU = 49
10. Georgia = 41

Highest in football:
Navy = 98
Boston College = 96
Notre Dame = 95
Stanford = 94

Bottom 4:
San Jose St., Florida Atlantic, Arizona, & Texas

Overall NCAA Avg. for Football = 66
" Basketball = 57
" Baseball = 65
" Women's Basketball = 82
...77% of all athletes now graduate within 6 years (was 76%)

Others in Football:
Baylor = 85
Rice = 84
SMU = 82
TCU = 78
Texas Tech = 73
Texas St. = 71
A&M = 63
Sam Houston = 53
UH = 51
Prairie View = 44
UTEP = 44
Tx Southern = 39

Texas Basketball = 44
A&M Basketball = 44
UH Basketball = 15

Believe it or not, the numbers have actually gone up! Just win baby, because we all know that is what matters.

Current pros in NFL:
Texas = 28
A&M = 27
...not an argument w/ any basis as the formula is the same for everyone now. And transfers are no longer counted too.

The state schools are far behind the privates, period.

wedo
09-28-2006, 10:57 AM
I know Miami is at the bottom !! You play football there you doing 3 years and your done !!!!!

zeus63
09-28-2006, 10:58 AM
I would have figured West Point and the Air Force Academy would have been in there in the top 10 somehwere.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM
wow...Tech's # is surprisingly high considering the overall school is somewhere around half that #.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by wedo
I know Miami is at the bottom !! You play football there you doing 3 years and your done !!!!!

Because we all know that stats from 1996-1999 are SO relevant to today.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:01 AM
COME ON UT PROFESSORS!

LIGHTEN UP!!

:mad:

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 11:03 AM
oddly enough...Tech's basketball team has the lowest graduation rate of any of the schools. However, it says this data is from 1996-1999. Maybe that is the year that students are enrolling???:confused:

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Because we all know that stats from 1996-1999 are SO relevant to today.

From what I'm reading...it looks like those are the years the students were incoming freshman. And yes it is relevant because if your precious Longhorns don't see these numbers go any higher, they are in jeopardy of losing scholarships!

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Miami is not in the bottom 4, but their grad rate is not good either. FYI: did you know Miami is a private school similar in size to Rice? It is actually rated very highly for academics, but when Howard Schnellenberger took over in the early '80s then Jimmy Johnson, etc., let's just say the athletes are now on a different curriculum plan. They sold out to have big-time football. FSU & Florida are the big state schools there.

There are lots of loopholes. Like at Michigan, athletes don't even go to class w/ the regular student body. Separate professors, etc. And Michigan is a great academic school. It's a business plain & simple. I worked in D1 athletics for many years & it is eye opening to say the least. At Nebraska, a kid can drop a class the day of the final & get no credit (so they load up & take 15-18 hours & drop down to 12). That helps the GPA huh!!

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
here is what I have garnered. The 1999 is referring to the year that the students graduated HS and when they were incoming freshman. They are then given 6 years to graduate. If 100 kids enter a program in 1999 and 60 have graduated from that school by 2005...their graduation rate is 60%. The GSR does account for transfers. It removes from consideration those who started in 1999 but transferred away. It also includes those that started at other schools in 1999 and then transferred in.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Miami is not in the bottom 4, but their grad rate is not good either. FYI: did you know Miami is a private school similar in size to Rice? It is actually rated very highly for academics, but when Howard Schnellenberger took over in the early '80s then Jimmy Johnson, etc., let's just say the athletes are now on a different curriculum plan. They sold out to have big-time football. FSU & Florida are the big state schools there.

There are lots of loopholes. Like at Michigan, athletes don't even go to class w/ the regular student body. Separate professors, etc. And Michigan is a great academic school. It's a business plain & simple. I worked in D1 athletics for many years & it is eye opening to say the least. At Nebraska, a kid can drop a class the day of the final & get no credit (so they load up & take 15-18 hours & drop down to 12). That helps the GPA huh!!

Are you listening UT administration. Help our student athletes!

By the way the UT women's sports would be very high in graduation rates.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Are you listening UT administration. Help our student athletes!

By the way the UT women's sports would be very high in graduation rates.

The women at UT range from 84 (softball) to 100 (soccer, golf, and tennis).

The men range from 40 in football, 44 in basketball, and 51 in baseball...up to 100 in golf and tennis.

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
West TX: since they are the same rules for everybody, heck yeah it's relevant. Mack came in 1998 right? In fact, grad rates under Mack are only slightly better than Mackovic. You absolutely do not know anything about this subject. That is obvious.

It is not a bias against your precious Horns. Numbers don't lie. Way less than 1/2 are graduating buddy. Mack likes to say "we have good kids & they are graduating". Really?

And yes, 1996 was the 1st year of reference for that NCAA class of incoming freshmen. It is calculated & athletes are given a 6 year window (can come back & finish).

As for Tech, remember Bobby Knight was NOT there in this window (James Dickey was). Bobby does graduate most of his kids, always has, & that actually hurts him in recruiting nowadays w/ today's kids.

Don't shoot the messenger...

zeus63
09-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Do those numbers include the ones that go pro before they are done with school?

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
CAT had to take an extra year off from school to play in the olympics. She is in pro softball now and will be returning to school in the spring and will graduate. Way to go CAT!

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Ok. . .since this wasn't PAINLY obvious to you people I'll go ahead and point it out.

1996-1999 is when these kids were incoming Freshman, right? Is that what we're agreeing the report says?

So. . .that means that these kids graduated from 2000-2003. When did Mack Brown show up in Austin, TX? Oh yeah. . .1998. So, he didn't have his own recruits playing yet. . .he didn't have his workouts. . .his rules. . .his attendance policies, or anything else set up yet. It was all done with Mackovic and we ALL know how swell a guy HE was.

Graduation rates are going up at UT. The fact that g$$ is about as biased as they come is "fairly obvious".

I would be willing to bet that UT's graduation rates skyrocket in the coming years. As well as players from their team that go on to the NFL.

That being said. . .the state of academics in sports across the country is pathetic. You recruit these kids for their playmaking ability, not their book smarts. Also. . .I hope that none of you are trying to look at the football graduation rates and make a correlation between those and normal kids that attend the University. If you want to get down to the nitty gritty about which schools are the best in Texas I'd be more than happy to enlighten you.....

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Read: 6 year window. And football players have to stay 3 years anyway before declaring pro. That is why I included the pro #s for A&M & Texas at the bottom.

Phil C: I am disappointed that you would want to go the Miami route. Texas is a great school & that cheapens the education when you do that. Texas has a General Studies degree & Liberal Arts too. That is where they place at risk kids. A&M puts them in Ag Development. Every school has a place they place these kids. A&M is trying to add a General Studies degree like Texas, Nebraska, & others have. It is up for vote right now.

Technoredneck
09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
I would have figured West Point and the Air Force Academy would have been in there in the top 10 somehwere.
Looking at the numbers, it appears that the top riflemen at West Point don't get to finish, not really that surprising when you think about it. Always looking for good snipers in that line of work., Other than that, their numbers look good.

zeus63
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Read: 6 year window. And football players have to stay 3 years anyway before declaring pro. That is why I included the pro #s for A&M & Texas at the bottom.

Phil C: I am disappointed that you would want to go the Miami route. Texas is a great school & that cheapens the education when you do that. Texas has a General Studies degree & Liberal Arts too. That is where they place at risk kids. A&M puts them in Ag Development. Every school has a place they place these kids. A&M is trying to add a General Studies degree like Texas, Nebraska, & others have. It is up for vote right now.

A&M has had a General Studies program for a long while now. One of my buddies started there the same time I did (1998) and that is what his original declared major was.

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
West TX: since you care to enlighten us w/ drivel, Mack's rates are barely higher RIGHT NOW. So lie all you want, you're wrong.

Texas is around 50% under Mack. And don't even try to compare schools. It is harder to transfer into A&M than Texas for a variety of reasons. You don't work in this business & never have. Keep tryin' ok?

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
No A&M does NOT currently. You have to declare a major after 2 years. Now next year, it may be in place. It will be called University Studies.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:28 AM
Gee I wish I could have had General Studies to have maybe got a second degree in. Then I would have had a great overall rounded educaton.

zeus63
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
No A&M does NOT currently. You have to declare a major after 2 years. Now next year, it may be in place. It will be called University Studies.

Yo uhave to delcare a major BY THE END of your second year. Entering freshman are given the option of declaring a major. But hey, what do I know, I'm just an A&M alumni

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 11:35 AM
So, wait. . .we're saying that an improvement from the 20% range to 50% is BARELY AN IMPROVEMENT?!?!?!

In that case, Aggsy is BARELY better than UT with 63% and they freaking suck at football. At least UT can say that they recruit athletes and get the job done. TAMU is full of idiot football players who can't play well either. Congrats!

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
West TX: Your idiocy is revealed every time you speak. From 40 to around 50% would be the jump, not from 20. Where did you come up w/ that random #?

From 40 at Texas to 63 at A&M is a significant range. Both should be better & at least get to the NCAA average.

Wanna wager on Texas' #s going way up? Think not...

zeus63
09-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Their numbers will go up once they start there new line of classes

Examples: Watching Paint Dry 1101 and Can't Win a National Championship without Vince Young 1000

g$$
09-28-2006, 11:42 AM
All you do West TX is downgrade other schools in a juvenile & pathetic "attempt" to prove a point. Texas went from 1970 until 2005 between NCs, so your argument is baseless. At least Miami won 5 titles during their run. And Mackovic won as many Big 12 Titles as Mack has to date. That would be ONE.

Please, step away from the computer & take the blinders off. Texas is 4th from the bottom out of the entire NCAA.

Case closed.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Alright since I'm an idiot lets do the numbers for me sos I understands yous here.

40% (actually worse it was like 33-36%) under Mackovic to 50% with Mack Brown. 10% jump. We can also guess that this number is going to get better with more money rolling into the program. . .better advisors and tutors, etc. Also, Mack shows a genuine concern for his players and their lives so I'm guessing he thinks them getting an education is important as well.

TAMU. . .by these numbers you showed 63%.

63% minus 50% equals ummm. . .add the 3. . .carry the 1. . .multiply the 6. . .a 13% difference in graduation rates. Nevermind the fact that the UT players attend school at UT where even our Liberal Arts school is better than most normal programs at colleges around the country. . .

A 13% difference compared to a 10% jump. Wow. A 3% difference there!

You've also got to look at the real graduation numbers. This 40% or whatever UT graduates isn't THOUSANDS of kids or something like that. It's somewhere in the 20s to 30s in terms of player numbers. Also, other things affect grad rates like transfers and the like. So. . .Mack graduates 50% of his kids and ATM graduates 63%. That comes out to all of about 5 kids or so, if even that. Wow. HUUUUUUUUUUGE difference there. Yet, UT pulls in 10 win seasons like it's nothing and we just won a natty title. ATM has only made a bowl game what. . .once in the last 3 seasons and in that one they got donkeystomped by the Vols. If you're going to play ball THAT bad you should be graduating better than 63%.

Just Food for Thought (http://www.dailytexanonline.com/media/storage/paper410/news/2004/10/27/University/Football.Has.Lowest.Rate.Of.Graduation.In.Big.12-782477.shtml?norewrite200609281227&sourcedomain=www.dailytexanonline.com)

I may be an idiot, but I still attend the best school in Texas. Sorry Rice Owls. . .Texas is the better all-around school.;)

g$$
09-28-2006, 12:25 PM
You're mixing apples & oranges while also inventing #s. These are NCAA #s you fool, not mine.

Your math blows too. A&M's is now better than 63% & Texas' is now better than 40%. It is around a 20% difference to date. Not your invented 13%, but rather a 23% difference is right for the 1996-1999 window (63 - 40 = 23 brain surgeon). At 40% Texas is 26% below the national avg. of 66% (66 - 40 = 26 math major).

And TRANSFERS are not penalized. Is reading tough for you?

Texas has the same academic people NOW for the most part as when Mack brought them in 1998. He brought his people from UNC. $$ from a NC does not affect academics except in facilities. Texas had $$ before last year anyway. Maybe that is why VY scored a 5 then a 15 on his Wunderlich Test (avg. intelligence is a 20 on a 40 scale too).

You are better at stupid nicknames & insults than w/ reality. You are a college kid who knows very little about this stuff. You reveal that everytime you post. And when comparing schools, I am still waiting on your data so I can destroy you.

Each school has superior areas of emphasis (A&M = engineering & biomedical science vs. Texas = liberal arts & business). Bring it & let me destroy you w/ facts. Both are fine academic schools.

And btw, your school is still 4th from last in the NCAA grad rates no matter how you want to spin it. How's it feel to be grouped w/ Florida Atlantic? But hey UT won the NC, they just don't graduate kids very often. Pick your poison huh? Be proud!!

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 12:41 PM
I guess since ATM is such a fine institution that's why they turn away 60-70% of the people that apply every year like UT, right?

Whoops.

Our football team's graduation rate is about 5-10 kids lower than other programs across the nation so when you put it into percentages it looks like some HUGE difference. Congrats on letting everyone here know that football players aren't the brightest crayons in the box. . .like we didn't already know that.

I'm glad you found one chink in the armor of UT athletics. Considering how dominate they are compared to ATM I suppose this is some encouraging news for you. I hope you sleep better the day after UT once again beats ATM in football knowing that 3-4 more of your football players will graduate than those at UT.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill....

g$$
09-28-2006, 12:50 PM
You don't think A&M turns away kids? Both schools do in high #s each semester. Ever sat in on these meetings? I have, thanks.

This was intended as an informational post. Public institutions are not graduating kids at the rate they should. The #s don't lie. And last time I checked that is why these institutions were founded in the 1st place. But we all know the reality of big-time athletics & the big business it has become. But that is why changes are in motion to force schools to graduate kids or lose scholarships. Mark it down - all schools will all of a sudden do much better because they now have to comply.

For someone who deemed this post irrelevant, you sure have spent a lot of time trying to refute facts. And you failed in doing so. Hey, go buy a new t-shirt & maybe Texas can hire more tutors!! Just kidding.

And November is a long way away. We'll see how it shakes out then because lots of stuff can happen. Objectivity is really not a bad word West TX. It's actually refreshing. Try it some time!

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah, that's right. . .according to you the "numbers don't lie".

So, since the numbers don't lie. . .ATM is 4-0 and thus are one of the best teams in college football and should be ranked near the top, right?

Wait. . .they aren't? But the numbers don't lie!!! THEY DON'T LIE DAMNIT!!!

:rolleyes:

Done and done.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 01:48 PM
THE GOOD BOOK SAYS THAT MAN MUST LOVE HIS FELLOW MAN!!

:mad:

g$$
09-28-2006, 02:06 PM
May God help you West TX. You make my head hurt.

I never compared a football team's current record to grad rates from 1996-1999. So I guess the NCAA is just making stuff up to appease the masses now. I haven't heard Texas refute those #s since they TURNED them in to the NCAA. It's called BODY OF WORK & the evidence is stacked against you, thus Texas is 4th worst in the NCAA. But you'll spin it anyway.

If you recall, I have said A&M is struggling in football & Fran is fighting to save his job. I deal in reality & facts. You do not. I hope A&M does well but I also know they will probably struggle & Fran will be replaced if he does not win at least 8 games & show marked improvement.

This was about grad rates & you have turned it into this. Par for your course. Good job objective one.

Phil C: please teach West TX something about objectivity & rational thinking. My Longhorn family members would even be ashamed of that clown!!

sahen
09-28-2006, 02:07 PM
hm...all i have to say is ....go bears?!?

big daddy russ
09-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Whoa killer, settle down with those numbers. They're all over the place.

So, wait. . .we're saying that an improvement from the 20% range to 50% is BARELY AN IMPROVEMENT?!?!?!

40% (actually worse it was like 33-36%) under Mackovic to 50% with Mack Brown. 10% jump.
And why are you saying "done and done?" You haven't won an argument yet.

This is a fun thread.

AP Panther Fan
09-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ This is a fun thread.

I know, I was enjoying it as well. :devil:

g$$
09-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Facts bother him, so he likes to invent #s to make himself feel better. He went on a stray tangent for a while there.

Glad others noticed that he never proved a single point & only dug a bigger hole. It was fun too!!

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
no worries. You won't ever get him to make a point. He'll make attacks at you and whatever side you are supporting...but with no basis for doing so other than you made him look like an ass.

g$$
09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I believe it's now...

Done
&
Done!!

JasperDog94
09-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$
This was intended as an informational post. I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this one. Every chance you get to sling mud on UT, you take that opportunity with joy. It's really sad.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm gonna have to throw the brown flag on this one. Every chance you get to sling mud on UT, you take that opportunity with joy. It's really sad.

I can say that if he didn't post it I would have posted the DMN article that was specifically talking about Texas and how they scored. I saw it at lunchtime and would have posted it after lunch.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 03:43 PM
You know what's so sick about g$$ and Adidas? They try and fling mud on UT every chance they get. . .even when they know that Cole Pittman. . .a poor UT football player who died gets counted against the graduation rate!! Transfers and deaths do count in the OLD NCAA system. . .which is exactly what g$$ posted. The OLD system. He wants you all to believe that the NCAA is still using those numbers and that they are current.

We graduated SIXTEEN Seniors last year. I think our rates are improving and better than what has been stated. And also. . .as I've said before. . .the difference in these percentages is all of a few kids. g$$ wants to make it out like these other programs are teaching their kids rocket science and graduating thousands of kids through their football programs. Not the case!! Nevermind the fact that UT actually has some academic integrity and makes these kids learn the material. At ATM the freshman can drop their lowest grade!! What kind of a joke is that?

g$$ is a liar and a sick human being with an obvious paranoia and demented attitude towards THE University of Texas. Seriously. . .I might expect this from a hotheaded young college student like myself. . .but this guy is supposed to be an older, wiser, know-it-all.

So, again. Done and done. Try as you lemmings might, you can't bring down my school or my football team. We have our faults, of course. . .but when other schools look for excellence in Texas their eyes always point to Austin and UT.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 03:51 PM
You know what's so sick about g$$ and Adidas? They try and fling mud on UT every chance they get. . .even when they know that Cole Pittman. . .a poor UT football player who died gets counted against the graduation rate!! Transfers and deaths do count in the OLD NCAA system. . .which is exactly what g$$ posted. The OLD system. He wants you all to believe that the NCAA is still using those numbers and that they are current.

Show me where I have been hating on Texas??? Anybody that knows me knows that I am anything but a Texas hater. Nice try though.

Oh and to drag into the discussion a player at Texas that's lost his life...I only have two words to reply with:

Brandon Fails

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/football/images/action/250x250/fails.jpg

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Show me where I have been hating on Texas??? Anybody that knows me knows that I am anything but a Texas hater. Nice try though.

Oh and to drag into the discussion a player at Texas that's lost his life...I only have two words to reply with:

Brandon Fails

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/football/images/action/250x250/fails.jpg

Right.....

And thanks for making my point 'tard. Deaths should obviously NOT be counted against the graduation rate which that NCAA report does. It's a joke and g$$ and you both know it, yet you both still vigorously defend the assertions it makes.

:thinking:

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Right.....

And thanks for making my point 'tard. Deaths should obviously NOT be counted against the graduation rate which that NCAA report does. It's a joke and g$$ and you both know it, yet you both still vigorously defend the assertions it makes.

:thinking:

What point did I make? I simply pointed out that Texas isn't the only school that has lost an athlete while they were enrolled? So with what you are saying, the loss of 1 player has impacted the numbers of Texas, correct? However they are counting a 4-year window, which equates to roughly 100 players...so the loss of 1 player would count (yes...even you can handle this math) 1%. :thumbsup:

Again...let me know when I've been hating on Texas. I'm still waiting for you to prove it. I know there is no way that you would make a statement without knowing exactly what you are talking about! moron...:rolleyes:

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:16 PM
What point did I make? I simply pointed out that Texas isn't the only school that has lost an athlete while they were enrolled? So with what you are saying, the loss of 1 player has impacted the numbers of Texas, correct? However they are counting a 4-year window, which equates to roughly 100 players...so the loss of 1 player would count (yes...even you can handle this math) 1%. :thumbsup:

Again...let me know when I've been hating on Texas. I'm still waiting for you to prove it. I know there is no way that you would make a statement without knowing exactly what you are talking about! moron...:rolleyes:

The NUMBER of players that has died over that span doesn't matter you halfwit. The point is that any system that counts deaths against the graduation rate is not only idiotic, it's insensitive and arcane as well!! Obviously the NCAA has figured this out since they are guess what? CHANGING THE FREAKING SYSTEM!:thumbsup:

If I really felt like going back to last year around December when you were going on about USC beating us in the Rose Bowl I suppose I could. What's the point tho? You'd just deny it. . .say I was lying or fabricating the posts and call me a moron or something without you yourself ever once bringing a single stat or fact to the table.

g$$ is really good at bringing in questionable and flat-out WRONG facts to the table, but you're even better. You don't bring any period! You just float around offering your half-assed opinion on anything that strikes your fancy and if someone gives you facts to the contrary you go "Nuh-uh!" and accuse them of doing it instead.

You admitted yourself that if anyone hadn't posted those ridiculous numbers by the NCAA you were going to do it yourself. You're kind of like Dan Rather jumping on the fictional news about Bush's National Guard service.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:28 PM
If I really felt like going back to last year around December when you were going on about USC beating us in the Rose Bowl I suppose I could. What's the point tho? You'd just deny it. . .say I was lying or fabricating the posts and call me a moron or something without you yourself ever once bringing a single stat or fact to the table.

I would really love to see you pull this one out of your ass. If you could find me going on about USC beating Texas...that would be amazing. I know I took Texas to win that game and was even rooting for them to do so. All you have to do is provide a link to the thread. Once a post is over 30 days old...it can't be edited so there is no way that I can go back and change it. If you can find it...then I'll admit it. I know you won't be able to find anything though so I'm not worried.

Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn g$$ is really good at bringing in questionable and flat-out WRONG facts to the table, but you're even better. You don't bring any period! You just float around offering your half-assed opinion on anything that strikes your fancy and if someone gives you facts to the contrary you go "Nuh-uh!" and accuse them of doing it instead.

ROFLMAO...anybody that knows me on here would know that more than anybody else I am about providing facts when discussing something with somebody.

Oh and one other thing...how can facts be wrong??? It's only a fact if it's right. I would think that somebody that claims to go to the great UT would have better grammatical skills than that! Moron...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn You admitted yourself that if anyone hadn't posted those ridiculous numbers by the NCAA you were going to do it yourself. You're kind of like Dan Rather jumping on the fictional news about Bush's National Guard service.

Yes....I was out looking for fictional news to post. No...I didn't go find the news...I didn't create the news. All I would have been doing was going to the Dallas Morning News Sports Section of their website and then copying/pasting the article that somebody wrote. It includes quotes from UT officials discussing the scores and what they expect to see in the next few years. I like how you consider the NCAA's reported numbers as "fictional news" because it doesn't portray Texas football in the best of lights. Try taking off the burnt orange glasses and see the numbers for what they are. Based on the NCAA's study (whether you agree with their processes or not), Texas' football team has the 4th lowest graduation rate in NCAA Div 1.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:30 PM
oh....and btw...deceased students don't count towards the numbers. Nice try though...

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3605/gsrmm2.jpg

http://www.ncaa.org/grad_rates/2005/d1_info.pdf

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:39 PM
ROFLMAO!!!

WestTXLonghorn Searching Forums 04:38 PM

good luck!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:44 PM
5 minutes later...

WestTXLonghorn Viewing Thread UT to take no action against players (OFFICIAL NAMES HERE!!!) 04:43 PM

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Blah blah blah. . .

Yeah. . .obviously you don't understand sarcasm very well. It was fairly obvious my point was that g$$ doesn't use "facts". He uses stats that go with whatever he wants to use to denounce UT and then he spins it to be even worse.

Wow. One strike against the Horns. Their grad rate for football players is 4-5 players lower than the top schools. Cry. Moan. Whine. Sob.

Let's just say I'm not losing sleep over it.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah. . .obviously you don't understand sarcasm very well. It was fairly obvious my point was that g$$ doesn't use "facts". He uses stats that go with whatever he wants to use to denounce UT and then he spins it to be even worse.

Just to make sure you didn't miss this quote regarding what YOU said about ME!!!

Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn g$$ is really good at bringing in questionable and flat-out WRONG facts to the table, but you're even better. You don't bring any period! You just float around offering your half-assed opinion on anything that strikes your fancy and if someone gives you facts to the contrary you go "Nuh-uh!" and accuse them of doing it instead.

Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn Wow. One strike against the Horns. Their grad rate for football players is 4-5 players lower than the top schools. Cry. Moan. Whine. Sob.

Oh...and if A&M is at 63 and Tech is at 40...that would be 23 kids better...not 4 or 5.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
5 minutes later...

WestTXLonghorn Viewing Thread UT to take no action against players (OFFICIAL NAMES HERE!!!) 04:43 PM

Someone has an obsession with me....

And I'm guessing there's a record of which threads I go look at that you can post here? Big brother is watching.....

Is that also why you, like g$$, send me hate filled P.Ms?

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Just to make sure you didn't miss this quote regarding what YOU said about ME!!!

Oh...and if A&M is at 63 and Tech is at 40...that would be 23 kids better...not 4 or 5.

Since when do 100 players graduate each year from NCAA football programs?

You take the number of graduating seniors each year and look at the disparity.....

We also graduated 16 seniors last year. Does that mean according to your numbers we only graduated 16%???

Fuzzy logic for sure....

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Someone has an obsession with me....

And I'm guessing there's a record of which threads I go look at that you can post here? Big brother is watching.....

Is that also why you, like g$$, send me hate filled P.Ms?

I sent you a PM in response to your unsolicited and empty accusations towards me in a previous thread. I prefered to attempt to discuss an issue with you in private as opposed to in public.

That being said...I realized that regardless of where I talk to you...you can't get anywhere with a moron. Empty-headed thoughts are just that...empty!

Oh...and I thought you were "done and done" with this like 3 hours ago? What happened? :doh:

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Since when do 100 players graduate each year from NCAA football programs?

You take the number of graduating seniors each year and look at the disparity.....

We also graduated 16 seniors last year. Does that mean according to your numbers we only graduated 16%???

Fuzzy logic for sure....

No. You were even smart enough to realize that the #'s are on a 4-year scale. In this case they were based on kids that enrolled between 1996 and 1999. So assume 25 kids enroll each fall to play football....for 4 years that would be 100 kids. It's simple math.

25 x 4 = 100.

think about it...:thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
No. You were even smart enough to realize that the #'s are on a 4-year scale. In this case they were based on kids that enrolled between 1996 and 1999. So assume 25 kids enroll each fall to play football....for 4 years that would be 100 kids. It's simple math.

25 x 4 = 100.

think about it...:thumbsup:

Yeah, and we all know what assuming does....

25 kids that transfer. . .drop out. . .DIE. . .go Pro, etc.

Again. . .the point is nit-picky at best. Are we saying that we believe all the programs ahead of Texas are pumping out this great rate of players who actually know something that will get them a better job in the real world?

Football players have a great opportunity to get a FREE education AND have a chance to make millions in the NFL. Most of these kids CHOOSE to squander that opportunity.

You and g$$ seem to think that Mack and co. actually have the ability to force these kids to get good grades. Mack can do the best he can as far as getting them tutors, instilling some sense of responsibility in them, and then setting up rules to keep them from playing if they don't reach that standard. He can't go to class and hold their hand and Mack and UT actually have some class so they don't just fake the kids' grades (Auburn) or let them drop classes they flunk (ATM).

Pointing the finger at UT on this issue is rather pathetic considering the pandemic failure of the NCAA to actually have STUDENT-athletes. As has been shown. . .UT is working to fix this problem while a lot of other schools aren't.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Umm...I looked up those #'s this morning and posted them:

The women at UT range from 84 (softball) to 100 (soccer, golf, and tennis).

The men range from 40 in football, 44 in basketball, and 51 in baseball...up to 100 in golf and tennis.

Oh...and make sure that you read the part where I told you that dead kids don't count towards the number! ;) Also, I haven't been pointing the finger at anybody other than you for being a moron. Please feel free to show me where I have been making derogatory comments about Texas. I'm still waiting for you to be able to show me where I've done any of the things that you have claimed against me.

You've tried...but you can't find it...so you just try and change the topic. Nice spin! :thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
What are you talking about?

mwynn05
09-28-2006, 05:17 PM
From reading all of the posts in this thread ive come to one conclusion WestTXLonghorn is an idiot and no matter what you say your wrong and Texas is better no matter what

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
From reading all of the posts in this thread ive come to one conclusion WestTXLonghorn is an idiot and no matter what you say your wrong and Texas is better no matter what

Congrats on that.