PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Fooball set back a tad....

CHS_CG
09-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Saw yesterday in the paper Xaiver Canto #34 for the Caldwell Hornets can no longer play bc of a UIL ruling dealin with the split up of his parents. He hadnt played in the last 2 game but Since he did play in the first game the Hornets were forced to give up that win. When Canto came to Caldwell his parents were split up... not divorced.. appently that has something to do with something... no idea. But now the Hornets must continue the season without a very strong link in their game.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 09:46 AM
that's messed up IMO. What district should he be in?

pirate4state
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
So are neither of his parents living in Caldwell??? :thinking: You'd think as long as one of them was it'd be okay. :thinking:

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So are neither of his parents living in Caldwell??? :thinking: You'd think as long as one of them was it'd be okay. :thinking:

He is living with his mother.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Saw yesterday in the paper Xaiver Canto #34 for the Caldwell Hornets can no longer play bc of a UIL ruling dealin with the split up of his parents. He hadnt played in the last 2 game but Since he did play in the first game the Hornets were forced to give up that win.

Who did the Hornets play in that game? So instead of being 3-1, the Hornets will be 2-2?
You would think the coach would have known if he had an inelgiable player.
Was he a sr? Was he a starter?

SideBurnWillie
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM
ODIS said its football, not fooball.

Except when he is the water boy!

BTEXDAD
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Apparently we don't have all the info. If he was in district b4 and still in district with one of his parents, seems like it would be fine.

Does Gilmer have any more open spots on roster? Maybe he could contact them if the Caldwell situation doesn't work out.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who did the Hornets play in that game? So instead of being 3-1, the Hornets will be 2-2?
You would think the coach would have known if he had an inelgiable player.
Was he a sr? Was he a starter? Elgin, he lived with his mother and played in Caldwell in jr high and as a freshman but he played on the jv as a freshman.but last year he moved in with his dad in houston and played at cy falls. he carried the ball 14 times for 195 and 2 tds. it is my understanding that some paper work was not turned in by the district chair in a timely manner

CHS_CG
09-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I dont have all the facts, i dunno where is mother lives nor his father, i dont know who has what right to what or where he lived b4 this. I do know he was a starter for Caldwell he is a very good player. As far as I can tell hes a big part of our team. (knowing a few of the players still though I know they have the talent to keep goin) CHS_Grad85 or burnt orange hornet could help

pirate4state
09-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
Elgin, he lived with his mother and played in Caldwell in jr high and as a freshman but he played on the jv as a freshman.but last year he moved in with his dad in houston and played at cy falls. he carried the ball 14 times for 195 and 2 tds. it is my understanding that some paper work was not turned in by the district chair in a timely manner What a sad situation. That paper work will get you everytime!! :doh:

Dogman_1969
09-28-2006, 12:36 PM
rumor I heard is that he lived with his dad last year and played on the varsity in the Houston area and moved back to Caldwell and is living with his Grandmother. The word I got was he is not living with either parent and hasn't established residence in the CISD.

CHS_CG
09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
reguardless of what happened its a sad situation for Caldwell. I think we can still go a long way this year but that is a lil bit of a blow to our team.

Dogman_1969
09-28-2006, 01:54 PM
JJ and the rest of the leaders of the Hornets will do great things in Hornet land. Their a classy bunch of young men.

tigerpride_08
09-28-2006, 07:23 PM
you shouldnt punish the kid for that happening...

lostaussie
09-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD

Does Gilmer have any more open spots on roster? Maybe he could contact them if the Caldwell situation doesn't work out. i would figure by your name that you are a grown man. i would expect that out of a kid. absolutely uncalled for:(