PDA

View Full Version : Japorky Lane Highlight Reel

WestTXLonghorn
09-27-2006, 10:04 PM
The Big Man Doin' His Thang.... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2QhjqtGdlY)

;)

Pmoney
09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Now that was hilarious

Emerson1
09-27-2006, 10:14 PM
This is how a real bigman gets it done.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GU4kq5AyDXk
as a freshman to

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Now that was hilarious Now, this is him doing his thang! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUpdqHabPw)

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Is it just me or is Henry Melton more athletic and fast or as fast as Porkie Lane?

Oh yea congratulations on your 1 big play which was a block.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Is it just me or is Henry Melton more athletic and fast or as fast as Porkie Lane?

Oh yea congratulations on your 1 big play which was a block.
You are so right, Melton truly is the more talented back....

RUSHING GP Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
----------------------------------------------------------------
Melton, Henry 4 18 109 2 107 5.9 3 21 26.8

Lane, Jorvorskie 4 52 234 10 224 4.3 10 25 56.0

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 10:44 PM
Notice the # of attempts.

I wasn't being a smartass(for once). I was just asking in general. He looks more athletic to me. I didn't mean to cause any trouble, honest.

MagicMan
09-27-2006, 10:46 PM
melton averages more yards per carry. he also plays behind two star running backs. maybe just one now. but javorski starts and just look at a&ms schedule this year. geez. those numbers look even weaker than a&m's opponents.

WestTXLonghorn
09-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
You are so right, Melton truly is the more talented back....

Melton, Henry 4 18 109 2 107 5.9 3 21 26.8

Lane, Jorvorskie 4 52 234 10 224 4.3 10 25 56.0

Yeah. . .see, we have REAL running backs at our school on top of the freak Hank the Tank.

When you've got arguably college football's fastest player in your backfield you don't need the 260 lb guy in there.

TAMU on the other hand is getting pretty short on recruits and thus they have no choice but to keep Japorky in.

Still. . .meant for this thread to get a laugh, not be a hate fest. We all know ATM is pretty much a joke so we might as well get some laughs out of them, right?

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
melton averages more yards per carry. he also plays behind two star running backs. maybe just one now. but javorski starts and just look at a&ms schedule this year. geez. those numbers look even weaker than a&m's opponents.

okay yes, and rice, SHSU, and North Texas are all quality, quality opponents

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 10:49 PM
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!:mad:

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:51 PM
CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!:mad: no, it's football season

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 10:52 PM
no, it's football season Oh, in that case throw your thumb up and stick it in your behind you ol Aggie fan you! J/K AJ.

On a serious note Javorskie is my cousin. Thanks everyone I'll be sure to let him know what 3adownlow thinks of him. :D

MagicMan
09-27-2006, 10:52 PM
okay yes, and rice, SHSU, and North Texas are all quality, quality opponents
texas hasnt even played SHSU yet. but iowa state and ohio state are sort of good.

wildstangs
09-27-2006, 10:56 PM
A&M would trade Lane for Melton without even thinking about it.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh, in that case throw your thumb up and stick it in your behind you ol Aggie fan you! J/K AJ.

On a serious note Javorskie is my cousin. Thanks everyone I'll be sure to let him know what 3adownlow thinks of him. :D liar

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 10:59 PM
liar Why cause he's black and I'm white!

YOU RACIST!:mad:

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Why cause he's black and I'm white!

YOU RACIST!:mad:

YOU BIGOTIST!!!!!! :mad:

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
I just had to BUMP this thread. It's too funny to let it go so quickly.

He's rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'. . .oh wait....

Maybe that was Japorky's 3rd play in a row so he was REALLY tired and needed a breather.;)

eagles_victory
09-28-2006, 11:41 AM
heard a rumor the ags were thinking about putting mcdonalds at the back of both endzones in kyle field. They said Javorski will be unstoppable now

g$$
09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
A&M recruited Melton as a defensive end, & yes he is very athletic. Lane was promised that he would play tailback at A&M, while Texas told him he would play fullback.

BTW, Lane's stats against Texas last year as a true freshman:

17 - 104 yds. = 6.1 yds. per carry w/ a td pass too

& McGee 24-108 yds. = 4.5 yds. per carry

And I know Texas won, but it does not diminish these #s.

Lane is doing just fine, while Melton is hardly playing behind Charles & Young.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Uh. . .if Melton is "hardly playing behind Charles and Young" what is he doing then?

Melton gets in the game when Charles and Young get their carries and are done for the day. I think that's "playing behind" someone in ANYONE'S definition of the term.

District303aPastPlayer
09-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Arent the Army guys part of a system of football teams that have to have their guys weigh less than a certain amount... meaning they are smaller than everyone...

g$$
09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
West TX:
Uh, I would call 18 attempts in 4 games playing very little & also playing behind others. How many carries against Ohio St.? That would be zero!

But Melton should get plenty of PT against SHSU, if that makes you feel better. He killed Rice! Way to go.

And you said A&M was lacking in talent at RB? Was Michael Goodson not a top 5 nationally ranked RB last year in recruiting? Chose A&M over USC right?

Lane, Lewis, Goodson, Smith, etc. = not a bad group. Talent is lacking in other areas (defensive speed) but not here. Nice try again & short on facts. Again.

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah. . .I had a typo there. YOU said that Melton was "hardly playing behind Charles and Young". My assertion is that he IS playing behind Charles and Young. Melton only gets playing time because we don't want to have to play Jamaal and Selvin through 4 quarters in blowout games. Melton is our 3rd string back and he'd easily be the starter at ATM.

Yeah, ATM is SOOOO close to Texas in recruiting.... (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880) ;)

So. . .since I posted my facts. . .where are yours again?

Old Tiger
09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$
West TX:
Uh, I would call 18 attempts in 4 games playing very little & also playing behind others. How many carries against Ohio St.? That would zero!

But Melton should get plenty of PT against SHSU, if that makes you feel better. He killed Rice!

And you said A&M was lacking in talent at RB? Was Michael Goodson not a top 5 nationally ranked RB last year in recruiting? Chose A&M over USC right?

Lane, Lewis, Goodson, Smith, etc. = not a bad group. Talent is lacking in other areas (defensive speed) but not here. Nice try again & short on facts. Again. But not a group as good as UT's.

Jamaal Charles, Selvin Young, Henry Melton, Vondrell McGee. = Badass group.

g$$
09-28-2006, 02:25 PM
He would start at A&M? On defense probably since that is where he was recruited as a defensive end. Not on offense since they have good RBs. RB is not the problem at A&M. Other areas need help I have said. Never compared recruiting classes either.

In your warped world, Earl Campbell & Ricky Williams would not start ahead of Charles & Young. Good ol' Colt is probably better than Marty Akins & James Street too in your slanted world. And Texas will run the table, beat everyone by 40, & win the NC again right?

Wake up. Texas loses 1 & maybe 2 more games this year. They are a good team but not a dominant team this year. Let it play out on the field.

Working on that objectivity yet?

Gobbla2001
09-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Melton's a short yardage punishing back... I think him and Lane are in the same class if anything...

Old Tiger
09-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He would start at A&M? On defense probably since that is where he was recruited as a defensive end. Not on offense since they have good RBs. RB is not the problem at A&M. Other areas need help I have said. Never compared recruiting classes either.

In your warped world, Earl Campbell & Ricky Williams would not start ahead of Charles & Young. Good ol' Colt is probably better than Marty Akins & James Street too in your slanted world. And Texas will run the table, beat everyone by 40, & win the NC again right?

Wake up. Texas loses 1 & maybe 2 more games this year. They are a good team but not a dominant team this year. Let it play out on the field.

Working on that objectivity yet? Who me?

g$$
09-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Of course not.

It's the objectively challenged one = West TX. He thinks Melton would start anywhere else in the country.

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Arent the Army guys part of a system of football teams that have to have their guys weigh less than a certain amount... meaning they are smaller than everyone... exactly, they have to be within a certain parameter of body fat, within a certain parameter of height......basically alot of small things that the universities over look the service academies have to excel at.....

i don't know what happened against army...one could call it a fluke, another could just call it a good game that A&M didn't play to well in.....

but the fact is it was a W.....

i can remember texas stumbling against Lowly Okie Lite last year for most of the game, and coming back late....don't burn us for almost losing a game when you've already lost one..

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Of course Melton wouldn't start anywhere in the country. Logically he would start at ATM because they already are having to use a fatty at RB and Melton is a stronger and faster and quicker version of Japorky Gravy Train Slow Lane.

You're so "objective" but you like sticking words in other people's mouths. Funny that.....

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/AcidVision/lane4heisman.jpg

I definitely see Lane getting a new and improved Heisman award this year.....

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
exactly, they have to be within a certain parameter of body fat, within a certain parameter of height......basically alot of small things that the universities over look the service academies have to excel at.....

i don't know what happened against army...one could call it a fluke, another could just call it a good game that A&M didn't play to well in.....

i can remember texas stumbling against Lowly Okie Lite last year for most of the game, and coming back late....don't burn us for almost losing a game when you've already lost one..

If we'd played your schedule we wouldn't have won a game by less than 60....

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Of course Melton wouldn't start anywhere in the country. Logically he would start at ATM because they already are having to use a fatty at RB and Melton is a stronger and faster and quicker version of Japorky Gravy Train Slow Lane.

You're so "objective" but you like sticking words in other people's mouths. Funny that.....

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/AcidVision/lane4heisman.jpg

I definitely see Lane getting a new and improved Heisman award this year..... Melton is a good player but Japorky is his size for a reason, and ten touchdowns is a pretty good reason. He's not fat, he's BEEFY

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Melton is a good player but Japorky is his size for a reason, and ten touchdowns is a pretty good reason. He's not fat, he's BEEFY

Like Campbell's Chunky Soup beefy?

His long TD is for 25 yards. Most of his TDs are coming in that short yardage, red zone range.

It'll be interesting to see how Japorky does when the competiton gets ramped up a little bit now that Big 12 play is starting. The Big 12 isn't great this year. . .but it's better than the schedule the Ags have played so far.

Also. . .Melton is 260 lbs of whoop ass waiting to hit you. That kid is solid muscle. He's pretty light on his feet as well. . .I think he runs a 4.5 or so and if you watch his film he's quick.

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Like Campbell's Chunky Soup beefy?

His long TD is for 25 yards. Most of his TDs are coming in that short yardage, red zone range.

It'll be interesting to see how Japorky does when the competiton gets ramped up a little bit now that Big 12 play is starting. The Big 12 isn't great this year. . .but it's better than the schedule the Ags have played so far.

Also. . .Melton is 260 lbs of whoop ass waiting to hit you. That kid is solid muscle. He's pretty light on his feet as well. . .I think he runs a 4.5 or so and if you watch his film he's quick. j-train is 270 and will fix you up with chuck norris' fist

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 04:17 PM
j-train is 270 and will fix you up with chuck norris' fist

I guess that's why Chuck was at the Longhorn football game instead of the Aggies game.....

When Chuck Norris does push-ups he doesn't push himself up. . .he pushes the world down.....

mistanice
09-28-2006, 05:37 PM
ok lets compare tight ends now, Texas' Jermichael Finely or A&M's Martellus Bennett? who do you take? Remember, Bennett has a year of experience(playing time) on Finley.

bulldogman06
09-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Ill tell you right now that Goodson will be better than anyone in Texas' backfield right now. USC wanted him to replace Bush, he has incredible speed and vision, and he is a true freshman. does anyone have his numbers??

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
ok lets compare tight ends now, Texas' Jermichael Finely or A&M's Martellus Bennett? who do you take? Remember, Bennett has a year of experience(playing time) on Finley.

Since I'm a "Longhorn apologist" a "homer" and I wear "burnt-orange colored glasses" of course I'm taking J. Finley.

I'd take J. Finley for no other reason than the fact that he doesn't open his mouth like 'Tellus does.

Isn't Tellus the one that called the ATM tight ends the "Legion of Doom" or some such thing?

Jermichael Finley 4 56 14.0 21 1

Martellus Bennett 12 130 10.8 25 0

So, it seems like Finley just needs some more touches, but they both look underused IMHO.

Anyone else you want to compare?

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Ill tell you right now that Goodson will be better than anyone in Texas' backfield right now. USC wanted him to replace Bush, he has incredible speed and vision, and he is a true freshman. does anyone have his numbers??

So you're saying he has more speed than Jamaal Charles the track star?

Just wondering....

Goodson's Rivals Stats (http://www.rivals.com/search.asp?prospect=1&search=1&SearchSite=1&SearchWeb=1&Articles=1&SID=1014&Terms=Michael+Goodson)

Goodson was a nice pick-up for the Ags, no doubt. . .and of course kids who are lower star recruits can turn out to be game-breakers. I believe Huff was a 3 Star coming in for us and he won the Thorpe award and got picked #8 overall. Still. . .I think it would be a bit premature to say that Goodson is going to be better than anyone we have currently.

This kid has a chance to be pretty good.... (http://www.rivals.com/search.asp?Search=1&Store=1&Terms=Vondrell+McGee&x=0&y=0&Articles=1&Prospect=1&SearchSite=1014)

wedo
09-28-2006, 06:15 PM
exactly, they have to be within a certain parameter of body fat, within a certain parameter of height......basically alot of small things that the universities over look the service academies have to excel at.....

Yeah to the #1 ranked team in the land!!! O yeah how you called almost losing to army a fluke it was a fluke that yall gave us a game last year !!!!!

Emerson1
09-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
A&M recruited Melton as a defensive end, & yes he is very athletic. Lane was promised that he would play tailback at A&M, while Texas told him he would play fullback.

BTW, Lane's stats against Texas last year as a true freshman:

17 - 104 yds. = 6.1 yds. per carry w/ a td pass too

& McGee 24-108 yds. = 4.5 yds. per carry

And I know Texas won, but it does not diminish these #s.

Lane is doing just fine, while Melton is hardly playing behind Charles & Young.

A&M also recruited VY as a WR and McNeil as QB.

That worked out good.

mistanice
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
http://64.13.133.31/pics/photos-23ba544af9070d32a0daa628e6080864-l

coach
09-28-2006, 06:57 PM
ok im tired of hearing about the aggies weak scheduele... the reason we havent played anybody is we are tryin to get a bowl game its obvious but the longhorns are to stuck up to realize. yes the aggies arent as good as they used to be and thats why the ooc is terrible. if they get into the bowl we attract more recruits and more recruits is the key to college football so stop bashing tha dam aggies and focus on your own problems like your qb and all your athletes getting arrested.

mistanice
09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
kiel

wedo
09-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by coach
ok im tired of hearing about the aggies weak scheduele... the reason we havent played anybody is we are tryin to get a bowl game its obvious but the longhorns are to stuck up to realize. yes the aggies arent as good as they used to be and thats why the ooc is terrible. if they get into the bowl we attract more recruits and more recruits is the key to college football so stop bashing tha dam aggies and focus on your own problems like your qb and all your athletes getting arrested.

Hey bro i think you took it a lil to far there!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: we can get personal if you want!!!

i've always thought that to be the best you have to beat the best and playing Army aint gonna make you the best!!!

eagles_victory
09-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by coach
ok im tired of hearing about the aggies weak scheduele... the reason we havent played anybody is we are tryin to get a bowl game its obvious but the longhorns are to stuck up to realize. yes the aggies arent as good as they used to be and thats why the ooc is terrible. if they get into the bowl we attract more recruits and more recruits is the key to college football so stop bashing tha dam aggies and focus on your own problems like your qb and all your athletes getting arrested. This kid was talking about how Texas never played anyone two years ago. Now that the shoe is on the other foot he is trying to justify A&M's schedule. Recruiting? if im a recruit nothing is going to motivate me more then to go to a school that beats Army by 4 points with a goal line stand . The same Army team who lost to Arkansas State. WHy dont you worry about Baylor before you bad mouth texas bc there the texas team thats on your level :rolleyes:

coach
09-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Hey bro i think you took it a lil to far there!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: we can get personal if you want!!!

i've always thought that to be the best you have to beat the best and playing Army aint gonna make you the best!!!

i never said anything about being the best

g$$
09-29-2006, 08:25 AM
A&M was not the only team who made a mistake on Vince & Reggie. And anyone who knows me will tell you that I always disliked Reggie McNeal. Maybe that is because I know too much stuff about him. Great athlete = yes, not a qb or leader. And now he's hanging out w/ Bengal thugs. Not surprising.

If Texas thought Melton was all that, he would get more touches. He did not play vs. the best opponent Ohio State. That says it all. He runs too upright & never gets his pads downhill. He is a great athlete - actually the best specimen at the 7on7 3 years ago. He may still end up at another position.

Lane has convinced me that he may need to lose a few pounds but he gets it done. He has great feet & balance. Why would you question him when he had a good freshman year, went for 104 yds. vs. vaunted Texas last year, threw a td pass, & currently leads the nation w/ 10 tds? Sounds productive to me.

A&M has issues, but RB is solid. Now we need more athletes on defense. Finley has to do much more than a couple of catches to compare w/ Bennett. Tellus is regarded as one of the best blocking TEs in the country & made Freshman All American last year. He was also the #1 TE nationally out of hs by Rivals.

West TX = glad you admit to being a non-objective, card carrying, orange blinder wearing, homer for the Horns. Positive 1st step. I am really proud of you!

g$$
09-29-2006, 08:30 AM
And don't even try to compare arrest reports over the past few years. Kiel is an idiot for his actions no doubt. But when Ricky Williams has been suspended not once but twice from the NFL, then you might have a problem. Please tell me you don't believe his addiction to the hippie lettuce started AFTER college. Right!

Ricky W., Ramonce Taylor, Aaron Harris, Tarell Brown, Tyrell Gatewood, Cedric Benson, 6th Street incident, etc. far outnumber Aggie criminal problems recently.

mistanice
09-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Not all crime is reported you know.

AggieJohn
09-29-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And don't even try to compare arrest reports over the past few years. Kiel is an idiot for his actions no doubt. But when Ricky Williams has been suspended not once but twice from the NFL, then you might have a problem.

Ricky W., Ramonce Taylor, Aaron Harris, Tarell Brown, Tyrell Gatewood, Cedric Benson, etc. far outnumber Aggie criminal problems. actually about 95% of aggie related problems w/ football players in the past have been with alcohol, where about the same percentage with TEXAS has been Marijuana issues...

WestTXLonghorn
09-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah. . .I think you'll all get to see what Melton can do this Saturday since I doubt JC or SY play much, if at all.

g$$: Seriously. . .I know you have a hard-on for me but enough is enough. If you continue to try and make personal attacks against me or call me out even when I'm not addressing you or your posts, the mods will hear about it. It was fun to start with. . .but after all the hate filled P.Ms and you going out of your way to find anything to talk trash about Texas or me with, it's gotten old.

WestTXLonghorn
09-29-2006, 11:06 AM
actually about 95% of aggie related problems w/ football players in the past have been with alcohol, where about the same percentage with TEXAS has been Marijuana issues...

That doesn't bother me a bit considering that alcohol is much worse for you than marijuana is. Marijuana helps you get to sleep, gives you a good appetite, and helps ease aches and pains.:thumbsup:

g$$
09-29-2006, 11:15 AM
Don't cry big boy. I gave you credit for a positive 1st step. Get over yourself - you can dish it out, but can't handle it coming back at you. I PMed you 2 wks. ago at least, so whatever dude, & yours contained the same stuff too.

BTW, transfers & deaths are not counted in the current grad formula as you incorrectly noted before that thread was locked. So, Texas = 4th worst in NCAA. Thanks.

AggieJohn
09-29-2006, 11:17 AM
That doesn't bother me a bit considering that alcohol is much worse for you than marijuana is. Marijuana helps you get to sleep, gives you a good appetite, and helps ease aches and pains.:thumbsup: you are right mr. hendrix