PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill vs. Anahuac

Jetback
08-26-2002, 10:09 AM
I think Anahuac will take this game. This is an old rivarly that Anahuac used to win most of the time. Anahuac has more speed and athletic ability. Barbers Hill may be stronger buts thats it. Also, Barbers Hill has barely won its season opener the last couple of years. Look for the upset in this one.

BH_146
08-26-2002, 11:33 AM
You entitled to your opinions. But I would not considered last year's opening victory score of 34-16 winning barely. Barely would be the number of times you have posted on this site.

Jetback
08-26-2002, 01:22 PM
BH146, I don't think that the fact I've only posted twice is a reason to question my thinking. Granted BH won by a larger margin that I remembered. However, my sources say that played bad each of the last two years despite winning against a really bad Beaumont Kelly team. Anahuac has more spirit and fire than BH or Kelly. They have outstanding coaches. Those things will make them a winner come Friday.

BH_146
08-26-2002, 03:04 PM
I wasn't questioning your thinking, I was stating how I think "barely" should be defined. Perhaps, the only reason Kelly was "bad" had to do with the teams they played. Bridge City, Silsbee and PN-G to name a few. And besides, I don't consider beating a team by 18 points playing bad. A game is four quarters and you should be prepared to play them all. Otherwise you get beat by 18.

RBARKER
08-26-2002, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the board Jetback. Anahuac better have a lot more than spirit friday, those BH boys are tough! I know yall had a decent year in 2A, but I wouldnt start talking smack just yet. After BH wins by 30 friday you will be ashamed to get back on the board. Anyway I dont want to run you off we need some input from 21-3A on here. How do you think you will fare in your new district? Hope yall have a great year but not against my Eagles http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

Old Cardinal
08-26-2002, 08:31 PM
You know An. is not a Celina, but a very good team! Problem is, BH has a very quick and strong team this year. I did not tout BH the last few years;however, this year is different.......I really think it will be "Welcome to 3A Football" for An..... BH by a solid win.

QBKilla
08-26-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jetback:
BH146, I don't think that the fact I've only posted twice is a reason to question my thinking. Granted BH won by a larger margin that I remembered. However, my sources say that played bad each of the last two years despite winning against a really bad Beaumont Kelly team. Anahuac has more spirit and fire than BH or Kelly. They have outstanding coaches. Those things will make them a winner come Friday.

Speaking of really bad teams, how bad was Kountze last year? Didn't they beat yall? They were pretty horrible if I recall right. And what was that about not having any speed? We have (2) 4.3s, (1)4.4, (4)4.5s and a whole lot more under 4.9. I promise you we will be plenty fast enough for you. And you are right we are much stronger than yall. I can't wait to settle all the trash talking this Friday. Have you ever smelt burnt Panther? Most of yall will probably have to go Shriners Hospital for the Severely Burned in Galveston after the game Friday. Do you play? If so please tell me you play offense.

BH_146
08-27-2002, 08:34 AM
By the way Jetback, how do know so much about Anahuac all the way from Lorena?

Jetback
08-27-2002, 11:41 AM
What are you talking about? Lorena? I am from all over. I would not call myself a big Anahuac fan. Just know they will beat the Eagles.

BH_146
08-27-2002, 03:50 PM
In your very first post on this board, you spoke of Lorena and used the term "we". And you weren't vague about it.

64sdad
08-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by BH_146:
In your very first post on this board, you spoke of Lorena and used the term "we". And you weren't vague about it.

Good work 146! have you ever thought of PI work?

Old Cardinal
08-27-2002, 05:53 PM
I am glad you figured that out, B_146! That guy sounded a bit too loupy for a fellow from the rice country. I have always liked the folks east of Galveston Bay, good small town football program.

bheagledad22
08-27-2002, 08:56 PM
DEAR JETBACK I KNOW ANAUACH HAS A DESCENT TEAM BUT THIS IS NOT 2A BALL. LAST YEAR THEY BARELY MADE THE PLAY-OFFS AND LOST TO HIMPHILL IN THE FIRST ROUND SO DONT GO BRAGGING AND TALKING ABOUT WHAT ANAUACH IS GONNA DO, AND I CAN GUARANTEE YOU WHEN THEY COME TO THE HILL WE WILL BE READY AND WE WILL BRING THEM DOWN TO EARTH. GUARANTEED!

Jetback
08-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Big deal--so you found an old post. Well i'm not from Lorena. Just a hater of Barbers Hill. Your little rich boys always get the benefit of a weak schedule so you win some games during the regular season. Everytime you play teams with real talent you lose. Which I enjoy. Well, Anahuac is a team with talent. You do the math! Anahuac pulls off the upset! Also, from what I read BH needs to replace way to many people to win all ten games this year. Maybe this early loss will bring you folks back to earth. You are average. Go Panthers!

BH_146
08-28-2002, 02:40 PM
If you couldn't be straight we us on your first post, why should we believe what you have to say now? I just wonder why you didn't level with us the first time. Too bad you hate BH. If your only enjoyment has come when Barbers Hill loses then I guess it has been a rough 3 years. Not downing too many anti-acids, I hope.

QBKilla
08-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Big deal--so you found an old post. Well i'm not from Lorena. Just a hater of Barbers Hill. Your little rich boys always get the benefit of a weak schedule so you win some games during the regular season. Everytime you play teams with real talent you lose. Which I enjoy. Well, Anahuac is a team with talent. You do the math! Anahuac pulls off the upset! Also, from what I read BH needs to replace way to many people to win all ten games this year. Maybe this early loss will bring you folks back to earth. You are average. Go Panthers!

Jetback you are hilarious. What are you talking about that WE have a weak schedule? Did you not happen to see yall's schedule last year? I really wish that I could see your face after we beat yall. That great look of astonishment. And about our replacements, I bet every one of ours are better than yours. Well, I guess if we are 34-3 in 3 years and we are average...I would really hate to hear what people call yall. And one thing that I always love doing is ruining people's seasons. Yall's game with us is like your Superbowl. To us you are just another notch on our belt. We are just going to enjoy adding that new notch more than usual. Enjoy the game, or what you can bare to watch.

exHillian
08-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Ok Jetback, enlighten me, PLEASE! Granted it's been over 20 years since I played at the Hill. Granted, I no longer live in the Great State of Texas, but thanks to the internet, I can still catch-up on my Eagles. Please tell me and everybody else who follows fb in SE TX, where you get that wonderful bit of info about how Anahuac has usually beat the Hill in it's great cross-county rivalry? Freshman team, perhaps. JV, maybe. Varsity, No way! I implore you please. I don't think I can sleep tonight w/out knowing this!

BHcheeze24
08-29-2002, 08:39 PM
Jetback,
You only get 4 years to play in high school everyone has to rebuild, but when you rebuild with kids that have talent and awesome work ethics like these Barbers Hill boys you can see that we aren't quite that worried about having to replace people. We have strong, fast people in every grade and will have to rebuild again in the following years. Doesn't every team do that. We replaced QBs the last What 4 years and everyone has stood up and taken the roll quite nicely and they were inexperienced. If you can see how hard our coaches push us in the off-season and even during the year you'd know that we will outlast our competition through 4 quarters.

Go Barbers Hill!!!

QBKilla
08-31-2002, 03:42 PM
What happened Jetback? We played horrible and still stomped yall.

BigRed01
09-01-2002, 06:03 AM
Talking smack against a team like BH well that's just stupid. Looks like just because you can make the playoffs in 2A doesn't mean you step up a notch and can kick around a 3A that has a proven program. BC and BH are both in the polls evenly matched, and are two quality teams in their district. I guess now you are going to predict that AHS is going to win the district championship over the defending Region 3 champion, Bridge City Cardinals. Come on, I hope like everything we can beat Newton, and I think we may have a chance to come out slightly on top, but I would NEVER garauntee a win against a calibur team like them. For AHS to beat up on Barbers Hill would be the equivalant of Bridge City blowing out Newton.(and partner that ain't happening)

ThSwedish
09-02-2002, 03:00 AM
This is a fact:

BH may or may not win every game this season.. but we sure know that anhuSmak wont...

No one can deny that Barbers Hill has a great team. No matter who the competition may be, BH has and will always bring a challenge to anyone who dreams to top them.

Go Eagles..

~Jeff~
Senior 2003

BigRed01
09-05-2002, 04:25 AM
Jetback has left the building!

Jetback
09-05-2002, 08:59 AM
I have not went anywhere. Just because the jerks at BH won another ball game doesn't mean they will win this week. HF--40, BH--28. Go Horns!

QBKilla
09-05-2002, 09:57 AM
I have not went anywhere. Just because the jerks at BH won another ball game doesn't mean they will win this week. HF--40, BH--28. Go Horns!

I guess you just don't know when to quit. We already stomped your team with a bad performance on our part. Why do you have to bring the wrath on HF too? You just need to take your arrogant self off these boards. Face it, you and your counterparts cant beat the Hill.

EAGLEBLUE
09-05-2002, 01:27 PM
I see jetbacks plan now, to always pick against BH and eventually he might get one right. Then he'll say see I told you so! But that plan will cause you way more heartache than joy. BH will be the source of much misery for you. Try not to cry.