PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens tries suicide? (merged threads)

MagicMan
09-26-2006, 11:32 PM
something about induced vomitting. bad news

HM33
09-26-2006, 11:34 PM
I hope he is out. Don't like him lol

YoePride05
09-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I personally don't like him but I still hope everything is ok.

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 12:03 AM
He's out anyway this week because of the broken finger.

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
He's out anyway this week because of the broken finger. i thought there was a chance he might play if i reported this thread i would of title taken T.O. hospital

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Nah he was going to play against the Iggles.

kepdawg
09-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
i thought there was a chance he might play if i reported this thread i would of title taken T.O. hospital

There's a chance he could have played Sunday. He started catching balls in practice today. I'd sit him now. No need to rush him back against the Titans.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Thats the report that just came up on the news at 8:06am.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Source: T.O. hospitalized after reaction to medicine

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:11 AM
ESPN reported yesterday there was a chance that TO would play this week

wimbo_pro
09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Yes, but the news is saying the police dept report says attempted suicide....but you know how stories get out that aint true. I wouldnt doubt it though.

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
from WFAA.com:

Breaking News According to a Dallas Police report obtained by news 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night. The report also says that Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion observed him putting two pills in his mouth. The woman says the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18th and until yesterday he'd taken only five pills. According to the police report, Owens was asked if he'd taken the rest of the prescription. Owens said yes. According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered yes. Terrell Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 08:20 AM
yeah, i just read that, crazy, this man's probably never going to play football again.

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah, i just read that, crazy, this man's probably never going to play football again.

I have a feeling he'll be in Philly next Sunday! ;)

KTJ
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Torbush.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I have a feeling he'll be in Philly next Sunday! ;)

same here...he is truly attention driven!

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
another brilliant personell move by your General Manager Jerry Jones. Jerry will always suck at the GM job. If you Cowboys fans ever want to see another Super Bowl contender you better start soem type of campaign to get Jones to hire a REAL gm.

PPHSfan
09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
T O will play next week

olddawggreen
09-27-2006, 08:30 AM
News just reported that police report says T. O. took 35 pills in suicide attempt.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
T O will play next week

i bet he does too

3afan
09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
he's lost it

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:35 AM
this is wild...guess i should have traded him last week when someone offered me a trade for him....IDIOT!

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 08:35 AM
he's not going to play for several weeks

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
we will see. I have seen stories like this break and all of a sudden the news agency has to go back and say....oops.....we will see

Tiger Baseball
09-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
News just reported that police report says T. O. took 35 pills in suicide attempt.

A woman friend tryed to stop him from taking them and then called 911. Police report asked T O, are you trying to harm yourself and he said yes. Dallas Cowboys have no comment and will not be planning a news conference on this. This just off of WFAA tv station.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Report: T.O. attempted suicide

08:26 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night by swallowing prescription pain medication, according to a Dallas police report obtained by WFAA-TV.

The report says Owens acknowledged to police that he had taken the pills and was trying to harm himself, WFAA-TV reported Wednesday.

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center for an undisclosed reason.

According to the station, doctors were attempting to induce vomiting.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said late Tuesday he was unaware of Owens’ trip to the hospital, and Owens’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and publicist, Kim Etheridge, could not be reached for comment.

Last week, according to Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, Owens had a reaction to the pain medicine he was given following surgery in which a plate was inserted into his right hand to stabilize a fractured fourth metacarpal. Parcells said Owens became ill and could not work out, but he was improved the next day.

On Tuesday, Owens did not speak with the media, but he appeared to be in good spirits.

He continued conditioning work on the side with associate trainer Britt Brown and caught passes. He was wearing gloves and had his ring and middle fingers on his right hand taped together.

Earlier Tuesday, Parcells said Owens would practice some today and he had not ruled Owens out from playing Sunday at Tennessee. Owens was wearing a bone growth simulator Tuesday to help the healing process. According to Parcells, the swelling in Owens’ hand had gone down, and the biggest challenge for Owens would be handling the pain of catching passes.

“I have to see him out there being a confident player,” Parcells said. “I don’t want him out there thinking about something. If it’s going act as a deterrent, I don’t want that because that would eventually hurt us. But if he can get to the point where it looks like he can function and he feels pretty good about it (then Parcells would play him).

“I’m talking to him every day, seeing how he’s doing. We’re moving forward. We have a lot of time between now and the game.”

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 08:43 AM
My Uncle broke his foot..They gave him pain medication...One night out of nowhere he takes like 20 of them in a suicide attempt..For no known reason. When he woke up after the whole event, he could not explain why he did it. He said he did not even remember doing it. The Doctor said it was a reaction to the medicine.

PPHSfan
09-27-2006, 08:43 AM
If he had taken 35 pain killers, he would not have gone back home. No matter who he is.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2006, 08:50 AM
If he had taken 35 pain killers, he would not have gone back home. No matter who he is.

So he did go home??

I thought it was some kind of law, if you tried to commit suicide, you were held for observation for 48 hrs (at least)!

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
i havent read anywhere that he went home...I think he was talking about a txbroadcasters post

DU_stud04
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
media propraganda???????

PPHSfan
09-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I heard he was treated at Baylor and released.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
I heard he was treated at Baylor and released.

oh....i havent heard that

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
I heard he was treated at Baylor and released. yeah, i don't think that you can be released this early

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Yes Owens was released this morning

DU_stud04
09-27-2006, 08:57 AM
who says he just had an alergic reaction to thew pills and said that he was tryin to hurt himself as sarcasm? media is a dirty player usually, well see in a few days.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Yes Owens was released this morning im guessing you know this first hand cause you and TO are buddies? you must have went over to his house and played catch with him too...:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 08:59 AM
terry....where did you hear/read that?

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
The POLICE report says he admitted to hurting himself...So this is not a media made up event...Now as I said before he could have had a reaction to the medicine...One thing that stands out...He did not take all the pills at once..The rescue worker saw him taking two..Usually someone who is killing themselves takes all the pills...not two at a time.

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
im guessing you know this first hand cause you and TO are buddies? you must have went over to his house and played catch with him too...:rolleyes:

me and T.O. did some situps in his driveway this a.m.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 09:04 AM
The lady with hi when it happens has said he was NOT trying to kill himself.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Usually someone who is killing themselves takes all the pills...not two at a time. maybe he hates taing pills and that is he only way he couldforce him self to get over a phobia or something...

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM
speaking from personal experience some of these narcotic pain killers can aid you in making unsound decisions.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
speaking from personal experience some of these narcotic pain killers can aid you in making unsound decisions. yeah, i think that will be the spin when T.O. finally addresses the public...

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
yeah, i think that will be the spin when T.O. finally addresses the public...

or maybe it is simply the truth

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
or maybe it is simply the truth easy slick, were just having fun. we all hope he is ok regardless of whether or not we like him or not.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
has anyone found where it says he went home

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 09:21 AM
easy slick, were just having fun. we all hope he is ok regardless of whether or not we like him or not.

easy slick?? huh..AggieJohn said he thought it would be spun a certain way..i was just saying maybe it was the truth..not sure why i need to be told easy slick lol

Darren
09-27-2006, 09:22 AM

I disagree with that.. I bet he will be back soon.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 09:22 AM
POLICE REPORT (KIND OF HARD TO READ) (http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/09-06/0927toreport2.pdf)

Jason1725
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Here is a link to police report.

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/09-06/0927_owenspolicereport.pdf

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
POLICE REPORT (KIND OF HARD TO READ) (http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/09-06/0927toreport2.pdf)

The biggest thing is he did not actually say I am trying to hurt myself...they asked he said yes...Well I know from my own personal exp. When taking pain pills, you could ask me almost anythig and I would say yes

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 09:31 AM
easy slick, were just having fun. we all hope he is ok regardless of whether or not we like him or not. sorry "slick" who says slick anyway but thats beside the point i dont see this as something to have fun with.

mr.leopard man
09-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Im sure he might be out for awhile until they find out whats going on with him.. if it suicide he wont play i bet for a month at least and they will send him somewhere to get help..I hope it works out for him

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 09:35 AM
sorry "slick" who says slick anyway but thats beside the point i dont see this as something to have fun with. maybe you didnt read past that...idk. but after i said that i said we all hope he is ok.

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 09:36 AM
maybe you didnt read past that...idk. but after i said that i said we all hope he is ok. but its still fun right?

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 09:38 AM
but its still fun right? you wanna come over where im at and ill go where your at. then we can talk about whats fun. that is mild compared to anything over here.

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 09:40 AM
you wanna come over where im at and ill go where your at. then we can talk about whats fun. that is mild compared to anything over here. :rolleyes: better hurry i got class at 12.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
:rolleyes: better hurry i got class at 12. ok. i think there might be an ied somewhere. have fun at class. i know ill have fun over here making sure you can.

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
ok. i think there might be an ied somewhere. have fun at class. i know ill have fun over here making sure you can. ok play your military card. Im in the military so that gives me a right to do whatever I want. You know I respect you for being in the military I think its a great thing and very honorable that you are there fighting for your country. Hell I cant wait until Im right there beside you. But, just because your in the military imo it doesnt make it right for you to make fun of a near death and very serious situation.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 09:47 AM
ill get back to you when i get baclk from the chow hall.

Bullaholic
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I pray that this gifted athlete receives the help he needs to recover a life so full of promise and finds the inner peace he apparently so desparately needs.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I pray that this gifted athlete receives the help he needs to recover a life so full of promise and finds the inner peace he apparently so desparately needs. Oh me, too.............Hmmm...I think I stated a while back, that he wouldnt be playing in a 2 weeks...just had the ailment incorrect!!! Man, talk about needing attention!!!
Jerry, it's ok....just take 2 pills and call me in the morning!!!! :p :D

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh me, too.............Hmmm...I think I stated a while back, that he wouldnt be playing in a 2 weeks...just had the ailment incorrect!!! Man, talk about needing attention!!!
Jerry, it's ok....just take 2 pills and call me in the morning!!!! :p :D it's not about attention...you think he did this crap to get attention, NO, NO, NO, he did this because he is in a sick state of mind, i guarantee you when he was in that state of mind he wasn't thinking "I wonder if the media could be here and watch me"

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:00 AM
it's not about attention...you think he did this crap to get attention, NO, NO, NO, he did this because he is in a sick state of mind, i guarantee you when he was in that state of mind he wasn't thinking "I wonder if the media could be here and watch me"

I agree 100%

wimbo_pro
09-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Is any one surprised? T.O. is a lost soul...and has been for a while. Whether this was intentional or not, is anyone really surprised?

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Is any one surprised? T.O. is a lost soul...and has been for a while. Whether this was intentional or not, is anyone really surprised?

actually...yes I am very suprised. Anytime someone attempts to take their own life...yes...it suprises me.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
anyone who says..." i saw this coming" is a liar. This has suprised millions

44INAROW
09-27-2006, 10:06 AM
anyone that takes that much pain meds at a time has a problem whether they admit it or not :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
this is going to get interesting quick!

-----------------------------------

from ESPN

Owens left the hospital early this morning, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported. A hospital spokeswoman told The Associated Press early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

Dallas police officials would neither confirm nor deny details of the report but said there was no criminal case pending. The Cowboys have called a 2:30 p.m. ET news conference.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Publicist denies T.O. suicide report
By MAC ENGEL and CLARENCE E. HILL JR.
Star-Telegram Staff Writers

DALLAS -- Terrell Owens' publicist is vehemently dening a report that the Cowboys receiver tried to commit suicide Tuesday night.

Owens was depressed and may have taken as many as 35 prescription pain pills, according to a police report, which listed the event as an attempted suicide.

Kim Etheridge, Owens' publicist, was described in the report as "a woman companion" who said she observed him putting two pills in his mouth."

She said Wednesday morning that Owens had an allergic reaction to taking pain medication and supplements.

She said he did not intentionally try to harm himself.

Lt. Rick Watson, a Dallas police spokesman, said at a media briefing Wednesday morning that "a medical situation" had occurred and that there is no investigation.

He declined to answer questions or to verify the accuracy of the police report, although he did pass out redacted copies.

"This is a high-profile person," Watson said. "We looked into it and determined that there was not a criminal offense in this incident."

"We would do it the exact same way" no matter who was involved, he said.

Etheridge said Owens "is fine."

"He will be leaving the hospital today," she said.

Owens is being treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

Etheredge disputes the claim in the report because she said Owens was groggy at the time he was being questioned.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and, until Tuesday, Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription. Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

That Owens was groggy and lethargic was the reason Etheredge called 911 in the first place.

Etheridge said Owens was in pain stemming from the fractured right hand, suffered against Washington two weeks ago.

He underwent surgery to have a plate and three pins placed in the hand last Monday.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said at the time that Owens was having a bad reaction to the pain medication.

Etheridge said Owens experienced more pain and discomfort on Tuesday.

He took some pain pills and did some "microcurrent" treatment.

She said he also took some supplements and "it kicked in a reaction."

"When I went to grab him, he was out of it," Etheridge said. "That’s why I called 911."

Etheridge said Owens did not have his stomach pumped at the hospital and did not vomit.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:28 AM
it's not about attention...you think he did this crap to get attention, NO, NO, NO, he did this because he is in a sick state of mind, i guarantee you when he was in that state of mind he wasn't thinking "I wonder if the media could be here and watch me" Ha, you can't guarantee a thing with this idiot. No, I 'm not saying he took the pills just for a media reaction, but the guy is seeking attention, needing attention at a higher level....he needs HELP, that's for sure. What cracks me up, is you die hards, that are thinking, "Oh well, if it was a suicide attempt, he'll be back playing in a month"...GOOD GRIEF....GET A GRIP!! You think the NFL wants a suicidal player running around, are you kidding me??? No matter what the outcome is, what they decide he did, he needs some SERIOUSLY long term help.....if you guys cared about him, that's what you would want for him....personally, I think his running days are over. Still......poor Jerry....looks like someone pi$$ed in his Post Toasties!!!! :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
i figured this would get interesting....

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
So, we would expect his agent and friend to say anything different?? Geezzzzzzzzzzz, give us some credit, here........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
The Dallas PD is FORCED to investigate, by law, suicide attempts. IF they do not investigate then it will be ruled out as a suicide attempt.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
ok play your military card. Im in the military so that gives me a right to do whatever I want. You know I respect you for being in the military I think its a great thing and very honorable that you are there fighting for your country. Hell I cant wait until Im right there beside you. But, just because your in the military imo it doesnt make it right for you to make fun of a near death and very serious situation. if you were to have actually read anything iposted, it wasnt towards TO inthe first place. so the notion that im a cold hearted colorful explitie is irrelevant. i was joking about something another poster said on this thread. as for the "playing the military card" not once have i ever asked for anyones pitty or sympathy for being deployed, the people on this board are more than generous and have sent me and my unit countless items to help our stay here be a little more comfortable and less hectic. but my stating that im over here doesnt mean that im playing a card of any sort. im simply saying that while you are off driving your car, going to parties, hanging with your sig other, there are others who wait and chec daily to see if they have gotten a letter in the mail from someone at home or that they can get on the phone to call and let their families know they are doing ok. but since im playing my military card ill just go blow something up, since that is what im good at.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:37 AM
They keep saying that Criminal Charges are not going to be filed. Suicide and Suicide attempts is no longer a criminal offense in Texas. From what I understand, for the well being of the "suspect" they do have to rule rather or not they believe it was an "attempt" so that proper care is given to the "suspect"

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:38 AM
if you were to have actually read anything iposted, it wasnt towards TO inthe first place. so the notion that im a cold hearted colorful explitie is irrelevant. i was joking about something another poster said on this thread. as for the "playing the military card" not once have i ever asked for anyones pitty or sympathy for being deployed, the people on this board are more than generous and have sent me and my unit countless items to help our stay here be a little more comfortable and less hectic. but my stating that im over here doesnt mean that im playing a card of any sort. im simply saying that while you are off driving your car, going to parties, hanging with your sig other, there are others who wait and chec daily to see if they have gotten a letter in the mail from someone at home or that they can get on the phone to call and let their families know they are doing ok. but since im playing my military card ill just go blow something up, since that is what im good at. No you haven't. I appreciate and pray for your continued safety. Shame on anyone for saying there even IS a military card....SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!! God Bless. :mad: :mad: :mad:

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I was watching Cold Pizza and they said Philly and San Fran both asked him to undergo psychiatric sp? evaluations and something about he went to Javon Kerses halloween party as a ghost and stood on the walls and didnt talk to anyone like he was a real ghost then he left.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:39 AM
So, we would expect his agent and friend to say anything different?? Geezzzzzzzzzzz, give us some credit, here........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

not sure if you are rolling your eyes at me or not but the fact that I said this was going to get interesting has nothing to do with his Publicists comments...it has to do with teh fact that the Dallas Police is now handing out REVISED copies of the Police Report. I would like to know what those say.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:40 AM
not sure if you are rolling your eyes at me or not but the fact that I said this was going to get interesting has nothing to do with his Publicists comments...it has to do with teh fact that the Dallas Police is now handing out REVISED copies of the Police Report. I would like to know what those say. Not rolling the eyes at you...at his agent...... :D

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 10:41 AM

give him the benefit of the doubt. We live n an age where the media sensationalizes everything and they are not forced to take responsibility for anything they publish or report. I could care less either way but for you to call them liars.. maybe you should get off your high horse occasionally and join the rest of us sinners.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:41 AM
gotcha...i was like...what did I do

44INAROW
09-27-2006, 10:44 AM
I would imagine swallowing 35 Vicodin would cause quite an allergic reaction :rolleyes: :D
(assuming what I read in the supposed police report is true)

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Ft. Worth Star Telegram is reporting that his stomach was NOT pumped.

eagles_victory
09-27-2006, 10:45 AM
give him the benefit of the doubt. We live n an age where the media sensationalizes everything and they are not forced to take responsibility for anything they publish or report. I could care less either way but for you to call them liars.. maybe you should get off your high horse occasionally and join the rest of us sinners. i know what you mean i hate to co-sign. but i was waiting for YaYa on espn since shes so in touch with T.O.'s state of mind she could explain to the whole nation what he was thinking since she knows it so well and has so thankfully explained it to us. :rolleyes:

tap_tx_sinton
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
T.O. is worse than Pete Rose will ever be.

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 10:48 AM
let's hear the 911 tape!!! You would like to think that what the lady was telling the 911 people would be the truth!

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:48 AM
yep...you would think....OR....the Medical Report...

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
i know what you mean i hate to co-sign. but i was waiting for YaYa on espn since shes so in touch with T.O.'s state of mind she could explain to the whole nation what he was thinking since she knows it so well and has so thankfully explained it to us. :rolleyes:

maybe Oprah said it was true. Or that his slave great great great grandparents had it bad so he wanted to kill himself.

Technoredneck
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm sure it will be out SOON!

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
give him the benefit of the doubt. We live n an age where the media sensationalizes everything and they are not forced to take responsibility for anything they publish or report. I could care less either way but for you to call them liars.. maybe you should get off your high horse occasionally and join the rest of us sinners. Ok ok....I repent......but the guy needs HELP, not a Monday nite game.....but I was being serious, what else would you expect to hear from his agent...as in any high profile incident, the agent always comes out with that....thats what i was commenting about.....but I do expect high paid, professional men to act responsible and do their jobs. Period. You might wanna make excuses for the likes of him, and lord there are enough of them, but I won't. I hope he gets help, but I have no desire to see him reeling in the dough and doing nothing for it. ...I mean heck, he's already done that!

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:56 AM
this could be the chance for the Cowboys to get out of their contract with him....if they wanted to of course. I may be wrong but purposely causing harm to yourself is grounds for contracts being voided in the NFL. Someone told me that a long time ago but have no idea if its true

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Technoredneck
I'm sure it will be out SOON! idk about the medical report...thats something that is confidential between the dr and the patient. i think to can choose to reliease it, but the media cant get their hands on it and release it with out his consent.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:57 AM
i know what you mean i hate to co-sign. but i was waiting for YaYa on espn since shes so in touch with T.O.'s state of mind she could explain to the whole nation what he was thinking since she knows it so well and has so thankfully explained it to us. :rolleyes: I guess I can speculate just like the rest of you.....no??? Forgive the heck outta me....... :hand:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
of course...but if they (Owens group or Cowboys) want to clear up a misunderstanding then they can choose to release it I think

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 10:58 AM
the latest interview on ESPN Radio in Dallas said that (according to his publicist) the toxicology report does not indicate that he had taken anywhere near the 35 remaining pills that were in the bottle.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
yep...you would think....OR....the Medical Report... link-->http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
thats the police report...not the medical report

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 11:00 AM
maybe Oprah said it was true. Or that his slave great great great grandparents had it bad so he wanted to kill himself. hahahahah.....dang you are so funny........no really you just crack me up.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-27-2006, 11:04 AM
yea...smooth move, ex-lax.

Keith7
09-27-2006, 11:05 AM
I think its alittle more then an allergic reaction when u take 35 pain killers

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
I think its alittle more then an allergic reaction when u take 35 pain killers

ESPN Radio in Dallas is reporting that toxicology reports say there was nowhere near 35 pills injested. Now sure how they have already gotten a hold of the reports though

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM
thats the police report...not the medical report oh, i jumped the gun, sorryh

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 11:09 AM
oh, i jumped the gun, sorryh

no problem! Honest mistake

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 11:10 AM
From WFAA.com
-----------------------------

"We determined at this time this is not a criminal offense," Lt. Watson said, refusing to answer any specific questions about the incident.

"If you want the 911 tape, you'll have to make the request to the fire department," Lt. Watson added.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Joel Lavender said paramedics responded to the call for help within three minutes and were able to transport the patient to the "nearest medical facility" in less than one minute.

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
ESPN Radio in Dallas is reporting that toxicology reports say there was nowhere near 35 pills injested. Now sure how they have already gotten a hold of the reports though

That is the word from TO's publicist as relayed to ESPN.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
ESPN Radio in Dallas is reporting that toxicology reports say there was nowhere near 35 pills injested. Now sure how they have already gotten a hold of the reports though TO me, it's not the amount of pills he took....he just needs help....no matter what he did or didn't try. I think he's a loser, but he deserves to get the help he needs. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboy organization handles this one.....

DaHop72
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Dang it, just where is that choir??????:devil:

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I guess I can speculate just like the rest of you.....no??? Forgive the heck outta me....... :hand:

I dont make excuses for anyone. I hate T.O. and think he is a piece of crap.

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
hahahahah.....dang you are so funny........no really you just crack me up.

glad you enjoyed it. I am certainly enjoying this thread and the Oprah/FEMA/Super Dome thread.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dang it, just where is that choir??????:devil:

This one?? (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/halleluj.wav) :D

DaHop72
09-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This one?? (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/halleluj.wav) :D That would be the one.:devil: :devil:

awizzy
09-27-2006, 11:54 AM
idk what to believe...hes about to talk

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
It shoulld be on any time now. I know you can get it at www.espn1033.com. It's probably on TV as well.

htowntransplant
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by tap_tx_sinton
T.O. is worse than Pete Rose will ever be.

hey people show some compassion. sure he is rather odd at times, but he is a good-hearted person.

everyone should tune in to the jim rome show on the radio. he is bringing up alot of good points, and alot of paramedics and docs are calling into the show giving their input.

reportedly when police or paramedics asked him if he was trying to harm himself, he said "Yes". however, his publicist said that TO was just "grogging" because of the overdose and that it was affecting his thought process.

htowntransplant
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
rome's interview with Tom Friend, a guy who contributed a piece on T.O. for espn magazine, is very imformative about TO and his life growing up.

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Irvin is on ESPN right now.

luvhoops34
09-27-2006, 12:20 PM
link-->http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

You gotta love the smoking gun. I wonder how they get stuff so fast?

RMAC
09-27-2006, 12:21 PM
What I can almost see is this as a career changer for him. Part of me says now he's gonna take off the rest of the season for rehab and counseling, then he'll decide to hang up and cleats and move to Tibet to be a monk. I hope not, but I could really see this changing his career, but maybe it'll be for the better. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 12:27 PM
irvin said that t.o. told him, i took more pain pills than i should, but i didn't OD

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 12:28 PM
the press conference is to start at 1230 and you can watch it on ESPN.com

neck_06
09-27-2006, 12:30 PM
IMHO, i think that you people need to lay off T.O. i don't think he tried to commit suicide. and even if he did, the chior........thats pretty low, he may be the worst person in the world, but he is still human, and every human deserves help if it can be given.

he didn't try to kill himself, he was trying to get better so he could play (the same thing he did with a broken leg in Philly), but you people don't see that...all you see is someone that you love to hate, someone that you love to kick when he is down.....i didn't see anyone making a big deal about it when Ken Griffey Jr. DID try to commit suicide......people tried to help him, and didn't kick him when he was down.........i just think its a little messed up.

DaHop72
09-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
IMHO, the chior........thats pretty low,
Just so you won't be upset, the choir had nothing to go with TO, it's an "inside" joke.:devil:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
doesnt sound like its going to happen

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
was pushed back to 2.30 so that he could answer from happy valley

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
ESPN's site says 3:15 ET...we will see!

CHS_CG
09-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I might be the only one that thinks this but the way i see it is T.O. is more trouble than hes worth. Everytime I turn around i hear hes hurt or hes in trouble. I really could give a care less if hes a superstar or whatever you wann call him.. hes more trouble than hes worth PERIOD!

shankbear
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
T.O. and Michael Irvin need to just simply go away. Go far away boys. T.O. is just another wasted, Maurice Clarett-like player. All the talent and no character. None.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
T.O. and Michael Irvin need to just simply go away. Go far away boys. T.O. is just another wasted, Maurice Clarett-like player. All the talent and no character. None.

you cant put TO and Clarett in the same sentence. TO doesnt spend time in federal prison. TO played in an NFL football game with a secerly injured leg. Does he have issues? Of course. Is he a criminal? No

awizzy
09-27-2006, 12:42 PM

are u comparing TO to clarett???last i checked clarett is going to jail four three years...TO was trying to get better for his game on sunday so he could win...TO acually cares if he wins or not clarett just wanted to "get his goose on"...and he didnt have that much talent he got cut by the team that can use any RB, denver.

shankbear
09-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Same class. Never said he went to prison. Never said he was a criminal. Just a PUNK. He will take his millions and then do the most stupid things. He goes beyond spoiled. Pitiful I guess.

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
T.O. and Michael Irvin need to just simply go away. Go far away boys. T.O. is just another wasted, Maurice Clarett-like player. All the talent and no character. None. That's probably the dumbest post of the month right there. He's been in the league 10 years how is it wasted? It's funny how all you people sit around and bash Terrell.

awizzy
09-27-2006, 12:48 PM
That's probably the dumbest post of the month right there. He's been in the league 10 years how is it wasted?

yea and he has over 100 rec TD...that post was a joke

Adidas410s
Same class. Never said he went to prison. Never said he was a criminal. Just a PUNK. He will take his millions and then do the most stupid things. He goes beyond spoiled. Pitiful I guess.

Wow...comments like this leave me speechless. What an extremely poor comparison on your part.

PHS Wildcats
35 pills, I'm sorry. Since playing college football, I've had operations for a broken ankle, a torn MCL, and a broken wrist.
The most pills I've taken at one time is 5, So I know what pain is.

I've never liked the Cowboys or T.O. but football is the last thing that should be on his mind. I pray for him and his family that everything will be ok.

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I have a feeling he'll be in Philly next Sunday! ;) True

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow...comments like this leave me speechless. What an extremely poor comparison on your part.

you win.

wyliegrad04
09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Police: Terrell Owens tried to kill himself

By Jaime Aron / AP Sports Writer
September 27, 2006

Updated 12:09 p.m. Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened, according to a police report obtained Wednesday.

Owens left the hospital late Wednesday morning, giving reporters a "thumbs up" but making no comment as he was driven away in an SUV.

Publicist Kim Etheredge said in various interviews Wednesday with Dallas-area media that the police have gotten the story wrong. She said she was with Owens, who was having trouble because he'd mixed his pain pills with supplements. She said she called for help because he was becoming unresponsive.

Etheredge did not immediately respond to repeated calls and e-mails from The Associated Press.

The Dallas police report said Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes.'"

The report said the 32-year-old Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the police report were first reported by WFAA-TV.

Police Lt. Rick Watson said during a brief news conference that he could only confirm that paramedics called police to say they were taking Owens to the hospital. He said no more details would come from the police because no laws were broken.

"This is a high-profile person. We looked into it, and we determined it is not a criminal offense," Watson said. "This a medical type of situation that occurred."

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders said he spoke with Owens shortly before his release from the hospital and that Owens was in good spirits.

"The fact that it has been reported a suicide attempt, he's laughed at that notion. It was a case that medication that was taken wasn't accepted well in his system with the other vitamins he's on," Sanders said.

Watson and fire department spokesman Joel Lavender cited privacy laws for the lack of information they could provide. Lavender said more details could come from the 911 call. The AP filed a request under the Freedom of Information Act to get the contents of the call.

"Let's just look at the tape, review the tape," Lavender said. "I'll give you an honest answer once I know something."

At the police news conference, Watson released a version of the police narrative with certain sections blacked out. The full report was obtained by several news outlets and reported first by WFAA. The AP received the full version from WFAA.

The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said. The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers.

The report also said the friend told rescue workers that a prescription for 40 pills was filled on Sept. 18, and that Owens "had only taken five pills up to this date."

According to the police report, Dallas Fire and Rescue was called Tuesday evening regarding someone "attempting suicide by prescription pain medication." Officers arrived to find Owens being stabilized by ambulance workers, who then took him to Baylor University Medical Center, where the police report said he was treated "for a drug overdose."

Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.

Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.

When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill — who mostly deals with troubled players — said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.

He missed most of training camp, and three of four preseason games, because of a hamstring injury. He was late for work during his recovery and was fined for it, but Owens laughed it off, saying he overslept. He said it had happened before, though not with Dallas, and would probably happen again.

Owens broke the bone leading to his right ring finger during a game a week ago Sunday. The next day, doctors screwed in a plate so the bone could heal without fear of further damage. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.

Owens had not practiced since the injury, but because Dallas had a bye this past weekend he did not miss a game. He was expected to practice Wednesday, and Parcells had said there was a chance Owens could play Sunday against Tennessee.

Owens had been especially looking forward to the Cowboys' game after that — Oct. 8, in Philadelphia, against the team that dumped him midway through last season only months after he helped them nearly win the Super Bowl.

Owens was seen laughing and joking on the practice field Tuesday morning. He chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room in the afternoon and seemed fine. A 2-inch scar on the top of his hand was puffy but not wrapped, and he said the swelling was going down.

While in the locker room, he took a pill from a white paper bag and looked at another medicine bottle that was in the bag. He also called a business partner about a towel-wrap venture they're starting and joked to TV cameras that he wasn't talking until Wednesday and today was only Tuesday.

"My little boy knows better than that," he said, laughing, as he plopped onto a sofa in the middle of the locker room.

Also Tuesday, Owens was involved in launching a national campaign for the National Alliance to End Abuse, an organization aimed at helping at-risk youngsters. He appeared at a high school Tuesday morning and was scheduled to visit others but had to cancel because of changes in the team's practice schedule.

A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released. Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Owens has played two games for the Cowboys, catching nine passes for 99 yards and a touchdown.

Owens, already a top receiver with the San Francisco 49ers, burst to prominence in 2000 for his celebration of two touchdowns on the star logo at midfield of Texas Stadium in a game against the Cowboys. A Dallas player blind-sided him after the second one.

The legend of T.O. grew when he celebrated another touchdown by pulling a Sharpie from his sock and autographing the ball in a 49ers game at Seattle. He's also borrowed a cheerleader's pompoms, done sit-ups on his driveway before TV cameras and mocked Ravens tough guy Ray Lewis' celebration in a game against Baltimore.

Before a Monday night game against Dallas last season, Owens took part in a risque promotional stunt with one of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" that later prompted an apology from the network.

Owens was heavily praised while with the Eagles for playing well in the February 2005 Super Bowl, seven weeks after ankle surgery. However, his relationship with quarterback Donovan McNabb deteriorated soon after and the organization suspended him in midseason and later got rid of him amid contract complaints and other personality squabbles. Team owner Jeffrey Lurie said later that, even with the Super Bowl trip, he regretted having ever signed Owens.

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I would rather see the medical report because that is the actual cause. The 911 recording is what the person thinks is wrong.

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Why is everyone so worried about hime playing in Philly, wow is football more impotant that getting himself right. I guess that's what the world is coming to:doh:

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
i love how on these reports like 2/3rds of the story is things he's done in the past..it's like they fluff up the article

wedo
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Somebody let me know what happens at the press conference in just a few mins!! Im at work and can't watch it !!! PLZ

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
It's on FOX 4 news (Dallas) right now

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
News conference

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 01:32 PM
ESPN, MSNBC, FoxNews, ESPNEWS, and a bunch of other local feeds.

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Parcells on the mic right now

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
if he says he doesnt know, he doesnt know, reporters keep on asking

wedo
09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Somebody give me some info !!!!!

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Somebody give me some info !!!!!

he hasnt talked to anyone. he sounds out of the loop.

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Bill has got to be getting mad

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by texas'10
Bill has got to be getting mad

he's doesnt know anything. he first heard about it, he heard this morning from the media. he talked to Jerry Jones 2-3 minutes.

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I hate the cowboys, but the media, is trying to get water from a Rock, what part of bill doesn't know do they not understand.

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Way to go Bill:clap:

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
he put a quick end to that

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
he started out politely, and was very concerned/lost about everything.

he left PISSED.

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
It will get interesting at 2:30 when T.O. talks

Tiger Baseball
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
I am tired of being interagated for something that I know nothing about. Go Bill!

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
It will get interesting at 2:30 when T.O. talks If he talks!! Bill is funny to watch

Tiger Baseball
09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
It will get interesting at 2:30 when T.O. talks

This is the last time stated, but it has been changed twice all ready.

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
The media is crazy. Yea Bill should have know a little bit more than what he did, but I doubt that coaches keep tabs on all of the players 24-7.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-27-2006, 01:51 PM
The media is crazy. Yea Bill should have know a little bit more than what he did, but I doubt that coaches keep tabs on all of the players 24-7.

IMO...If you're paying someone 10 million a year (that's a guess), they should be entitled to know EVERYTHING about that player.

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Yea you got a good point. Do any of yall actually think it was attempted suicide, or just the police trying to make a story?

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 01:56 PM
absolutly nothing....

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:56 PM
They just said $25 million

texas'10
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Bill told the reporters that they probably knew more than him, and his answer to every question was, "I dont know", then he left

Technoredneck
09-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Yea you got a good point. Do any of yall actually think it was attempted suicide, or just the police trying to make a story? More like the Media trying to scoop a story that wasn't there.

pirate44
09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
how many TO threads do we really need? the cowboys are stupid and have been ever since Landry was fired. i can see maybe 1 thread, possibly a convict/idiot appreciation thread containing all the info anyone would want, but seriously, do we need more TO threads than stickies?

texas'10
09-27-2006, 02:26 PM
sure why not

Technoredneck
09-27-2006, 02:27 PM
YESYES YES

pirate44
09-27-2006, 02:27 PM
sure why not
yeah, what was i thinking? LOL:D:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 02:29 PM
T.O. about to speak...

you can watch it at espn.com

DU_stud04
09-27-2006, 02:30 PM
oprah is the devil...

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
T.O. about to speak...

you can watch it at espn.com

too many people trying to watch!! :mad:

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
too many people trying to watch!! :mad:

I tried 2 or 3 times and finally connected. It still has a message up saying "TO to speak at 330"

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I tried 2 or 3 times and finally connected. It still has a message up saying "TO to speak at 330" that's what i'm getting too

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
he doesnt look the same... honestly... something looks weird about him...

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 02:36 PM
yea, he looks like he just got out of the hospital.

texas'10
09-27-2006, 02:38 PM
He's doing good fighting off the press

texas'10
09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
She looks like she may have overdosed.

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
If there is ever a time that I've believed him...it is now. He doesn't look like his goofy, joking, smiling self. He isn't grinning after every answer like he always does. He is coming across as honest and straight forward.

Now she definitely looks like she's had a few too many of something...

big daddy russ
09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't have a whole heck of a lot against T.O. The only reason to dislike him is because of his ego, something that just about every pro athlete I've ever met (and I've met quite a few) has.

Sure, he can be hard to get along with. He seems like a loner by nature, but one who likes attention. Isn't that the same as Joe Horn, Sonny Jurgensen, and *gasp* Michael Irvin? Remember that Irvin wasn't liked by everyone on the Cowboys. He was a cokehead, alleged drug dealer, womanizer, and all-around bad guy, but he was still a helluva player and they still won Superbowls.

We see more into Owens' life because the media has probed more into his than just about any other professional athlete. They found something that generated a little attention, turned it into a circus, and all of a sudden he's a worse human being than a guy like Maurice Clarett or Michael Irvin.

It stunk to me back then and it stinks to me now. If you don't like him, that's your deal. Just make sure you're an EOE and you can't stand another 75% of the league along with Owens.

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Well he got his attention, great job T.O.:clap:

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
If there is ever a time that I've believed him...it is now. He doesn't look like his goofy, joking, smiling self. He isn't grinning after every answer like he always does. He is coming across as honest and straight forward.

Now she definitely looks like she's had a few too many of something...

i believe him. anyone who is talking bad about him, honestly, needs to grow up a bit. the man could have lost his life with a bad reaction of his supplaments and his medication. heartless bunch of hypocrites...

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 02:54 PM

Now she definitely looks like she's had a few too many of something... Did you watch the same interview, cuz I saw him smiling from ear to ear......so he said he had seperated those two pills and put the rest in the drawer...I say show me the pills in the drawer, and I'll believe him.

Butkus
09-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Did you watch the same interview, cuz I saw him smiling from ear to ear......so he said he had seperated those two pills and put the rest in the drawer...I say show me the pills in the drawer, and I'll believe him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Did you watch the same interview, cuz I saw him smiling from ear to ear......so he said he had seperated those two pills and put the rest in the drawer...I say show me the pills in the drawer, and I'll believe him. People separate their pills all the time. My mom does it in those nifty days of the week containers. It's fine you don't believe him.

I'm just glad he didn't try and kill himself. What was that about life and it having value?

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Did you watch the same interview, cuz I saw him smiling from ear to ear......so he said he had seperated those two pills and put the rest in the drawer...I say show me the pills in the drawer, and I'll believe him.

Do you honestly think that is he had taken 30-35 pain pills he would be able to speak clearly today? Even if he had his stomach pumped the affects would last for at least two days..He would have been sluggish and would have looked like he was sick

District303aPastPlayer
09-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Do you honestly think that is he had taken 30-35 pain pills he would be able to speak clearly today? Even if he had his stomach pumped the affects would last for at least two days..He would have been sluggish and would have looked like he was sick

you are talking to a brick wall... just to let you know.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i believe him. anyone who is talking bad about him, honestly, needs to grow up a bit. the man could have lost his life with a bad reaction of his supplaments and his medication. heartless bunch of hypocrites... AWwww........now I feel bad!!!!! So, the police report was incorrect...cuz that lady just said TO wasn't even coherent to talk....so the police just made all that up?? Wow, I'd say some badges are on the line, then.....kinda funny tho, that his publicist, of all people, just happened to be there?? Thank goodness for her, I guess!!! ;) :clap: :clap: Of course, I am glad he survived his supplament and medication mix-up. :)

DU_stud04
09-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you are talking to a brick wall... just to let you know.

brick wall make sense and can be knocked down, that force is something else....

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 03:22 PM
The media is crazy. Yea Bill should have know a little bit more than what he did, but I doubt that coaches keep tabs on all of the players 24-7. Coaches can't gain access to medical records only family.

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
AWwww........now I feel bad!!!!! So, the police report was incorrect...cuz that lady just said TO wasn't even coherent to talk....so the police just made all that up?? Wow, I'd say some badges are on the line, then.....kinda funny tho, that his publicist, of all people, just happened to be there?? Thank goodness for her, I guess!!! ;) :clap: :clap: Of course, I am glad he survived his supplament and medication mix-up. :) How can you believe a police report? It's eye witness thoughts on the situations. You should wait to hear the medical report from the doctor.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 03:29 PM
People separate their pills all the time. My mom does it in those nifty days of the week containers. It's fine you don't believe him.

I'm just glad he didn't try and kill himself. What was that about life and it having value? Yes his life has value....never said it didnt'.....I said I'm glad he's ok. I have one of those thingys too.....so, I'm just saying, show me the pills!! :D Seriously, of course I'm glad he's Ok.......but he's still an "Attention Whore"!!!! :D

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes his life has value....never said it didnt'.....I said I'm glad he's ok. I have one of those thingys too.....so, I'm just saying, show me the pills!! :D Seriously, of course I'm glad he's Ok.......but he's still an "Attention Whore"!!!! :D Kind of like someone else on here....:thinking:

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
brick wall make sense and can be knocked down, that force is something else.... Well, I AM a YaYa!!!! :kiss:

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Kind of like someone else on here....:thinking: You meaning me?? :(

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 03:45 PM
You meaning me?? :( No.....

CHS_CG Just Kidding don't flip out!

Butkus
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, I AM a YaYa!!!! :kiss: Oh a yaya i kinda misread that fur a minute.:devil:

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes his life has value....never said it didnt'.....I said I'm glad he's ok. I have one of those thingys too.....so, I'm just saying, show me the pills!! :D Seriously, of course I'm glad he's Ok.......but he's still an "Attention Whore"!!!! :D Everyone is an attention whore to someone!!!

Butkus
09-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Everyone is an attention whore to someone!!! Man woman i bet ur high maintenance.:devil:

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Man woman i bet ur high maintenance.:devil: Never said I wasn't!! I like to say what I mean and mean what I say!! If you have a problem with that then that's just too damn bad! :p :p :p That goes for the rest of you too!! :D

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Everyone is an attention whore to someone!!! True...whew, don't know about any of ya'll, but I'm kinda exhausted!!!!! :D

Butkus
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Never said I wasn't!! I like to say what I mean and mean what I say!! If you have a problem with that then that's just too damn bad! :p :p :p That goes for the rest of you too!! :D Dang i sure like a feisty woman.:D

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Man woman i bet ur high maintenance.:devil:

She is 'high' maintenance.

pirate4state
09-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Dang i sure like a feisty woman.:D That's more like it!! :D :D

on a side note: Butkus was an awesome player!! :thumbsup:

Butkus
09-27-2006, 03:55 PM
That's more like it!! :D :D

on a side note: Butkus was an awesome player!! :thumbsup: :kiss:

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 03:56 PM
True...whew, don't know about any of ya'll, but I'm kinda exhausted!!!!! :D

You should be..............blah blah....................blah..............blah blah..............blah blah.............blah...........blah blah.............blah
blah..............blah blah.............blah...........blah blah.............blah
blah..............blah blah.............blah...........blah blah.............blah

Butkus
09-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
You should be..............blah blah....................blah..............blah blah..............blah blah.............blah...........blah blah.............blah
blah..............blah blah.............blah...........blah blah.............blah I like u BoxCar Willie. Ifin ur ever headed ta West Texas send me one of those pm thangs and we jus might hafta hoist one.:thumbsup:

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 03:58 PM
blah..............blah blah.............blah...........blah blah.............blah Ha.....and I'll just call you" little willie"..... :D :kiss: :eek:

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I like u BoxCar Willie. Ifin ur ever headed ta West Texas send me one of those pm thangs and we jus might hafta hoist one.:thumbsup:

Sorry BoxCar is someone else..........:doh: ..............he is the one that rides the train.................:rolleyes: ..................SideBurn is the KING..............:D ...............but I will hoist one with ya.............:smoker:

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Wow...your the King too? :eek: I smell trouble....

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Ha.....and I'll just call you" little willie"..... :D :kiss: :eek:

You like it..............:kiss: ..............you know you do..............:smoker:

Butkus
09-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Sorry BoxCar is someone else..........:doh: ..............he is the one that rides the train.................:rolleyes: ..................SideBurn is the KING..............:D ...............but I will hoist one with ya.............:smoker: Sorry bout that SideBurnWillie. Yea jus senda pm and will m+g ourselfs. Ya might be careful callin yaself tha KING. From what i read that PPHSfan hes tha KING.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 04:11 PM
You like it..............:kiss: ..............you know you do..............:smoker: :o :o :o

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Tim Cowlishaw, from the Dallas morning news, brought up 2 interesting questions.

T.O. broke his hand 10 days ago and was taking the pain killers with his supplements during that period of time. Why is he just now having an reaction to it.

Plus he stays less than one minute from Balor hospital where he was sent. Why didn't she just take him there herself, He wasn't out and could've walk to the care. I took paramedics longer to get to the home, than it would to have driven him herself.

Don't jump down my throat, he brought this up.

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Sorry bout that SideBurnWillie. Yea jus senda pm and will m+g ourselfs. Ya might be careful callin yaself tha KING. From what i read that PPHSfan hes tha KING.

PM I'll do...........:D ...............that is not a KING name..............:D

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Why is he just now having an reaction to it.

Uh.......because his publicist was on vacation before???? :thinking: :thinking:

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:24 PM

BLAH

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:25 PM
BLAH
BLAH BLAH

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:25 PM
BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 04:26 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PHS Wildcats
09-27-2006, 04:28 PM

Wait he had an allergic reaction because his publicist wa on vacation:doh:

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 04:33 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Love Ya.........:D

Ranger Mom
09-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Just so you won't be upset, the choir had nothing to go with TO, it's an "inside" joke.:devil:

Geez....I make one little "inside joke" post.....not even thinking of TO when I made it......and I'm told "I'm low"!!

Prime example of "jumping to conclusions without having the whole story!!"

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Love Ya.........:D :kiss: :kiss: :inlove:Maybe I'll call you "Big Willie" now..... :o :D

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Wait he had an allergic reaction because his publicist wa on vacation:doh: Nooooo, lordy just forget it....it was a joke..... :rolleyes: :D

sinton66
09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Tim Cowlishaw, from the Dallas morning news, brought up 2 interesting questions.

T.O. broke his hand 10 days ago and was taking the pain killers with his supplements during that period of time. Why is he just now having an reaction to it.

Plus he stays less than one minute from Balor hospital where he was sent. Why didn't she just take him there herself, He wasn't out and could've walk to the care. I took paramedics longer to get to the home, than it would to have driven him herself.

Don't jump down my throat, he brought this up.

Even Parcells said he was aware of a reaction to pills last week. What makes anyone so sure the meds weren't changed as a result and he had another reaction? Who knows? Always best to wait until ALL the facts are known before passing judgement, but then I'm a realist, and not a gossip.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
The reality here is that we may never know the real truth ....case of he said, he said. ?? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Cowlishaw's thoughts about him being a couple of minutes from hospital IMO does not matter. If I am with someone who is in anyway sick and not responsive I am calling ambulance. Him being in their care in an amublance might save his life compared to me taking them to the hospital

Also Dallas Police reports they DID find the other pills he said was in a drawer.

Emerson1
09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
And if he in unresponsive, how is a little woman supposed to carry a NFL football player to a car?

sinton66
09-27-2006, 07:33 PM
The reality here is that we may never know the real truth ....case of he said, he said. ?? :thinking:

Maybe so, but if this is the case, what point is there to all the suspicion, speculation and accusations? Why not wait until something more official is forthcoming? If there are no charges, then one must assume there is no provable crime.

Ranger Mom
09-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Maybe so, but if this is the case, what point is there to all the suspicion, speculation and accusations? Why not wait until something more official is forthcoming? If there are no charges, then one must assume there is no provable crime.

I agree....hence my comment:

Geez....I make one little "inside joke" post.....not even thinking of TO when I made it......and I'm told "I'm low"!!

DaHop72
09-27-2006, 08:20 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You didn't make the choir statement, I did. You only answered my post so don't worry about it, it's all on me.:thumbsup:

sweetwater07
09-27-2006, 08:51 PM
pack him up and send him back to PA....hes not worth the crap Parcells is putting up with

i want Keyshawn back!!

Astrosdawg07
09-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
pack him up and send him back to PA....hes not worth the crap Parcells is putting up with

i want Keyshawn back!!

I wouldn't go that far...

wedo
09-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

i want Keyshawn back!!

Keyshawn sucks!!! He is too old and slow and just like "West Virginia" overrated!!! When was the last time you saw someone wearing a Keyshawn Johnson Jersey??? When was the last time he made the pro bowl???

big daddy russ
09-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Well if he actually did this on purpose, then he needs help, not criticism. Personally, I have more of a problem with the people who are all over him about an ATTEMPTED SUICIDE than I do with Owens.

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well if he actually did this on purpose, then he needs help, not criticism. Personally, I have more of a problem with the people who are all over him about an ATTEMPTED SUICIDE than I do with Owens.

amen

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Maybe so, but if this is the case, what point is there to all the suspicion, speculation and accusations? Why not wait until something more official is forthcoming? If there are no charges, then one must assume there is no provable crime. Didn't think there was any crime to start with..... :confused:

kaorder1999
09-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Didn't think there was any crime to start with..... :confused:

up until recently attepted suicide was a crime in Texas

wedo
09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
up until recently attepted suicide was a crime in Texas

but it was not attepted suicide it was an allergic reaction!!!

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Well if he actually did this on purpose, then he needs help, not criticism. Personally, I have more of a problem with the people who are all over him about an ATTEMPTED SUICIDE than I do with Owens. I admit I was soapboxing about him all day.....and I should have been more sensitive....I know it was a sensitive subject. But I still don't think him and his publicist were telling it absolutely straight....BUT again, I'm glad he's ok........ :(

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2006, 10:05 PM
up until recently attepted suicide was a crime in Texas yah, that's what i thought

Ranger Mom
09-28-2006, 06:27 AM
All I know is, a friend of my ex-husbands attemtped suicide several times (was successful the last time:( ), each time, he was held for observation (and counseling) for at LEAST 48 hours.

If the doctors really thought T.O. had tried to commit suicide, they would not have let him go back home.