PDA

View Full Version : McNeal / Kiel representing Lufkin & A&M so well...

g$$
09-27-2006, 04:44 AM
In the past 2 days, former Aggie football players & Lufkin natives Reggie McNeal & Terrence Kiel have made headlines on the wrong side of the law. As an Aggie grad this disgusts & embarrasses me. I know it goes on everywhere, & please don't kid yourselves, but the lack of judgement is ridiculous. I criticized Aaron Harris & the 2 current Longhorns a few weeks ago too. All of them need a wake-up call in my opinion. Innocent until proven guilty I know, but just plain stupid behavior nonetheless. Whatever happened to accountability?

WR Reggie McNeal, Bengals = not arrested but in the same car as Odell Thurman (charged w/ DWI) & Chris Henry (not arrested this time but arrested 4 times in 3 states since December). McNeal owns the car they were in. Thurman is currently suspended by the NFL for repeat substance abuse violations, & Henry has been charged w/ marijuana, weapons, & contributing to minors in recent months. Thurman told the cops he was driving because he was the most sober of the 3, & Henry puked out the window during the arrest. Great company you keep Reggie!!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060925/NEWS01/309250010/1062/SPT

"Sept. 25 (Odell) Thurman was arrested early Monday on a drunk driving charge and Bengals coach Marvin Lewis expects him to be suspended for the rest of the season...Thurman, who has one game left on his suspension, is scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 2. According to police, Thurman registered 0.18 percent on a blood alcohol test, more than twice the legal limit of 0.08. Receivers Chris Henry and Reggie McNeal were passengers in the car, but weren't charged."

Safety Terrence Kiel, Chargers = charged w/ possesion, distribution, & transportation of a controlled substance. His car & locker were searched by the DEA yesterday in San Diego at practice. Not surprising, as Kiel had a run-in in College Station a few years back when marijuana was found in his car's ashtray in a McDonald's parking lot. Passenger claimed the dope & charges were dropped. Sound familiar to Aaron Harris & his buddies in Austin? Kiel was also wounded in a drive-by shooting in 2003 at Sharpstown Mall in Houston. His contract w/ the Chargers is for $500,000 this year & has 2 years remaining.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604370

Not trying to make this an Aggie / Horn thing. Both schools have had their share of bad apples (Ricky Williams, Ramonce Taylor, Aaron Harris, Cedric Benson, Aggie Cole Pittman, these 2 Aggies, etc.) & will have more in the future. Please don't tell me about who was ultimately charged or not. They put themselves in a position to get in trouble & face consequences. It's a societal problem where athletes & famous people think they are above the law. It's a false sense of entitlement. It's criminal behavior. Everyday is a police blotter's dream. I hope they get what they deserve like you & I would as everyday citizens. (BTW - I'm no saint, far from it, just sick & tired of this stuff. And maybe we know too much these days in the information age. I believe the blatant disregard for rules, laws, & a lack of discipline pervading our society in general is the root of the problem.)

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 07:56 AM
it's amazing what money does to someone

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 08:28 AM
seems that Keil was doing it before he had money...

IHS Fan
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
money can buy a lot of things, but it can't buy class.

g$$
09-27-2006, 09:02 AM
And it happens everywhere, not just in our state. Saw where Ramonce Taylor pleaded guilty yesterday to drug possession, & he is still ineligible academically at Texas College in Tyler. Sad deal on many levels at different places. Lots of talent down the drain because these guys won't change their ways.

You can take the boy out of the 'hood, but hard to take the 'hood out of the boy.

SWMustang
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And it happens everywhere, not just in our state. Saw where Ramonce Taylor pleaded guilty yesterday to drug possession, & he is still ineligible academically at Texas College in Tyler. Sad deal on many levels at different places. Lots of talent down the drain because these guys won't change their ways.

You can take the boy out of the 'hood, but hard to take the 'hood out of the boy.

I wondered when someone would say that. :)

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
HAHA

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
they get caught up in the lifestyle that rap music and MTV etc has said is okay. They think it is okay to live outside the parameters of the law. Lawlessness and lewd conduct is glorified in the usic that is pushed down the kids throats and they think it is an okay way to conduct themselves. It isnt entirely the artist fault. As parents we have a huge amount of culpability in how our kids act and maybe these kids did not have that from who ever raised them.

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I wondered when someone would say that. :)
I was going to but figured i had made too many debatable comments yesterday on the Super Dome/Oprah/FEMA topic

SWMustang
09-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I was going to but figured i had made too many debatable comments yesterday on the Super Dome/Oprah/FEMA topic

I was thinking it, but I didn't feel like inciting a riot.

g$$
09-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey, I clearly stated that bad apples are everywhere. No one has the market cornered on idiots. Granted, some have more than others. Not starting any riots, just stating the truth.

I agree w/ the guy above talking about how pop culture has affected how people act. The breakdown of the family structure is magnified in sports & entertainment. And it's people of all color. I am sure not trying to steer this racial in any way.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey, I clearly stated that bad apples are everywhere. No one has the market cornered on idiots. Granted, some have more than others. Not starting any riots, just stating the truth.

I agree w/ the guy above talking about how pop culture has affected how people act. The breakdown of the family structure is magnified in sports & entertainment.

A&M's troubles + Texas' troubles < Umiami's troubles

g$$
09-27-2006, 09:29 AM
And isn't it great that Miami is struggling after all of their thugs thru the years? Houston will give them all they want Saturday. Go get 'em Art Briles & the Coogs!!

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by g$$
And isn't it great that Miami is struggling after all of their thugs thru the years? Houston will give them all they want Saturday. Go get 'em Art Briles & the Coogs!! i hope there is a shock there

SWMustang
09-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i hope there is a shock there

Just think how great a sports week end this could be.

KTJ
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
A&M's troubles + Texas' troubles < Umiami's troubles

I don't think there is a legit correlation there.

g$$
09-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Agreed. The U has a few years of thugness in the bank already. Still hate the negative pub for our state schools though.