PDA

View Full Version : re: gilmer vs celina

dirtydan
09-26-2006, 11:57 PM
who is it out there that keep trying to match up celina to gilmer. it cant be done. celina is a rootiebutt team that gets good publicity (for whatever reason), they are not now and will not later be in the same boat with gilmer.

NateDawg39
09-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan
who is it out there that keep trying to match up celina to gilmer. it cant be done. celina is a rootiebutt team that gets good publicity (for whatever reason), they are not now and will not later be in the same boat with gilmer. Well...there fame comes from being good, so yeah I dont think Gilmer has been dominant for more than 5 years maybe. Celina is good year in and year out. Now that there in 3A it might change but they are gonna make some noise either way...your just a silly rookie;)

mwynn05
09-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan
who is it out there that keep trying to match up celina to gilmer. it cant be done. celina is a rootiebutt team that gets good publicity (for whatever reason), they are not now and will not later be in the same boat with gilmer. I could be wrong but im pretty sure im not...how many state titles does gilmer have and how many does celina have....if you know how to count i bet you figure out that celina has more..although this year gilmer would win........Celina is good

bobcat1
09-27-2006, 06:19 AM
who is it out there that keep trying to match up celina to gilmer. it cant be done. celina is a rootiebutt team that gets good publicity (for whatever reason), they are not now and will not later be in the same boat with gilmer.

Can you say Idgit. I will correct your sentences. Celina is a team that gets good publicity. They may not be now and might not later be in the same boat with gilmer this year and this year only, but they are Gilmer's daddy when it comes to winning it all and possibly could always will be Gilmer's daddy in that respect.

3afan
09-27-2006, 08:03 AM
(there you go with that name calling again .......)

IMO, any pub Celina gets is as deserved maybe more than any team in Texas ----- here are their season W-Ls since 1986:

(5-5) (6-5) (13-2) (8-3) (9-1-1) (8-2) (8-3) (7-3) (11-1-1) (15-1) (11-1) (11-3) (14-2) (16-0) (16-0) (16-0) (11-1) (10-2) (13-1) (16-0)

simply amazing!

sundevil
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Gilmer was you're daddy in 2003 when we played in Dallas. We had more fans at the game than you did and had way more points on the board at the end of the game.

The buckeyes trainwrecked your team and you had no answers for us. Yes, we would do it again this year, and next year, and the next.

You played another East Texas 3A team in Daingerfield that brought your winning streak to and end in 2002.

Gilmer is you're Daddy because we spanked you like the red headed step child that you are the last time we meet.

If I were you I would try to keep playing teams from the Dallas area and stay out of deep east texas.........................unless you need a spanking.

lostaussie
09-27-2006, 08:26 AM
why is this even discussed? my daddy can beat up your daddy..............they can't even freakin play this year. sometimes i wonder how Dirty Dan can even find his way back to this site:doh:

Ranger Mom
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
why is this even discussed? my daddy can beat up your daddy..............they can't even freakin play this year. sometimes i wonder how Dirty Dan can even find his way back to this site:doh:

The more I read, the more I think I am glad that me and GWOOD are the only Greenwood posters!!:D

cats2151
09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Yes you beat celina that year.That was celinas worst team in the last 8or 9 years.Also you might have more fans there because celina was the smallest school in 3a that year348 kids.Also the town only had aroud 2000.I love how people like to rip on celina because the won all there state games in 2a.So why dosent gilmer just move up to 4a.Also celina was 21-3 last time they were in 3a.not bad.

sundevil
09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
I apologize for coming in a little ruff around the edges. The "Celina is your Daddy" comment got to me and I let it show in my post.

Honestly we looked forward to playing you guys in 2003 and had a good time. Your boosters did one thing and that was show us how to make a real PROGRAM (the roster/ pictures, etc..). Ever since that game Gilmer's programs have been great. Your team also showed a lot of sportsmanship and heart even if they were as you say, the worst in a long time.

Good programs always want to play good programs and I would love to play you guys again, but it won't happen for 2 to 4 years....that is until Celina gains population. I would imagine that we would only have a 4 to 6 year window of opportunity to play you since the metroplex seems to be growing toward your community and Celina will end up in 4A, not Gilmer. We are nestled in the Piney woods and people have a hard time finding their way here to visit much less move here, so we will be 3A for a long time to come.

Aesculus gilmus
09-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Gilmer High School enrollment has exceeded 700 this fall, but that's a long way from 950. Unfortunately for those who want us out of 3A, GHS is going to be here for at least the next decade or longer.

bobcat1
09-28-2006, 09:22 AM
but they are Gilmer's daddy when it comes to winning it all and possibly could always will be Gilmer's daddy in that respect.
I said when it comes to winning it all. Read all the post. Dirtydan is the stirstick on this post. When fired on I have a tendency to return fire. As much as I would like to turn the other cheek, I am not that big of a man yet.

Buckeye80
09-28-2006, 09:18 PM
For future reference, everyone is best served not to reply to anything that comes out of DirtyDan's "marble inside a shoebox" head. All he does is cause trouble by posting some ignorant statement about how good Gilmer is. He's probably not even from Gilmer, and if he is, he must live over on the side of town where the water tastes funny and the air is green.

As far as the Celina/ Gilmer discussion goes, from a sane point of view, I would look at them as pretty evenly matched programs. Although our success has come more recently, it has all come at the 3A level. 21-3 is certainly a stellar record for a school with the smallest enrollment in 3A, but the fact is that if we are indeed comparing "apples to apples", Gilmer has one 3A Championship, and Celina has yet to win one.
And it may be true that Celina's worst team in a decade stepped onto the field with the Buckeyes in 2003, but if my memory serves me correctly, Gilmer led 31-0 in the third quarter. That Gilmer team, IMO, could've probably taken out some of Celina's other teams from previous years as well.
I am obligated to defend my Buckeyes.:)

bobcat1
09-29-2006, 05:50 AM
And when Gilmer was 2A, how many championships did they win? I am betting Celina wins one in 3A before all is said and done. Congrats to your Buckeyes and best of luck to them this year! :clap:

KindaCool
09-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Gilmer past dozen years:
(2-8) (6-4) (6-3-1) (4-5-1) (5-5) (7-3) (5-5) (5-5) (6-4) (8-3) (8-3) (10-2)

Celina past dozen years:
(11-1-1) (15-1) (11-1) (11-3) (14-2) (16-0) (16-0) (16-0) (11-1) (10-2) (13-1) (16-0)

this year it would not shock me to see Gilmer win vs. Celina 48-0 if they were to play, but the comparison of the programs the past decade is, well, no comparison

3afan
09-29-2006, 06:10 AM
48-0 Gilmer wouldnt shock ME either :mad:

this year that is ...

bobcat1
09-29-2006, 06:29 AM
That would shock me, but I look through orange colored glasses for sure. 48 points on this defense might be tough and I don't think we can be held scoreless. LOL

Aesculus gilmus
09-29-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
And when Gilmer was 2A, how many championships did they win? I am betting Celina wins one in 3A before all is said and done. Congrats to your Buckeyes and best of luck to them this year! :clap:

I am not sure Gilmer has ever been in the equivalent of today's 2A classification. For those who don't recall, the UIL used to start out with a Class B, which is now called Class A. Everything was moved up one class and B was eliminated.

What many don't know is that Gilmer struggled in what is now 4A (then called 3A) from the late 1960s until around 1980. The Buckeyes never made the playoffs during that time and only even had a winning record once or maybe twice.

Of course, in that era, you had to WIN DISTRICT to get in the playoffs. Now we need to create more self-esteem and better resumés, so nearly half the teams make the playoffs.

Buckeye80
09-29-2006, 09:04 AM
And when Gilmer was 2A, how many championships did they win?

That is the "oranges to oranges" comparison, and yes, Celina has a whole lot more oranges than Gilmer.:)

PPHSfan
09-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Gilmer and Celina are both gonna win a ring this year.

bobcat1
09-29-2006, 09:37 AM
I hope you are right about Celina and Gilmer getting a ring!

Now we need to create more self-esteem and better resumés, so nearly half the teams make the playoffs. I know you are right about that! :rolleyes:

gtownpoke
09-29-2006, 09:55 AM
your post on the records isnt right. you left out gilmers 03 season when the buckeyes were 13-1 and you left out the state championship season when the bucks were 16-0.

sweetwater07
09-29-2006, 10:01 AM
i'm waiting for celina to play a good team and get beat...find it hard to believe that they are ranked so high after just moving up from 2A....overrated??

PPHSfan
09-29-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm waiting for celina to play a good team and get beat...find it hard to believe that they are ranked so high after just moving up from 2A....overrated??

LOL

p.s. Celina would roll Sweetwater

sweetwater07
09-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
LOL

p.s. Celina would roll Sweetwater

i really don't think so.....Celina just moved up..i know they are good year in and year out...but i don't think their defense can contain Green and Banyard, even Cunnings

PPHSfan
09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
You must have been in 7th grade and too young to remember the last time Celina moved up.

Celina's record against 3a teams is around 65-3 over the past several years.

sweetwater07
09-29-2006, 10:10 AM
i guess i was...but i still don't think they can hang with a solid 3A team....cuero, gilmer, maybe even giddings.....and it might be taking it too far to say they would "roll" sweewater

PPHSfan
09-29-2006, 10:14 AM
a few "solid 3a teams" that i can think of off the top of my head that Celina has managed to beat.

Gainesville when they were good.

Royse City

Southlake Carroll

Sanger

bobcat1
09-29-2006, 10:19 AM
I haven't seen Sweetwater play yet. I have seen Celina. What is scary is we have not played to our potential yet. We are steadily progressing each week. The second half of our last game was awesome, not there yet, but getting closer to Celina football. I don't see a major road block until Madison, but we gotta play each week. We are getting a few of our starters back from injury over the next few weeks. Should help the "Gelling". I think we will see us tonight at homecoming a little clearer. Our freshman and JV beat Princeton last night 43-6 and 36-0 respectively. Touchdown in the freshman game came with 1:21 in the game.

I can't wait for some competition also. I want to see what we are made off.

sweetwater07
09-29-2006, 11:57 AM
I haven't seen Sweetwater play yet. I have seen Celina. What is scary is we have not played to our potential yet. We are steadily progressing each week. The second half of our last game was awesome, not there yet, but getting closer to Celina football. I don't see a major road block until Madison, but we gotta play each week. We are getting a few of our starters back from injury over the next few weeks. Should help the "Gelling". I think we will see us tonight at homecoming a little clearer. Our freshman and JV beat Princeton last night 43-6 and 36-0 respectively. Touchdown in the freshman game came with 1:21 in the game.

people are saying we aren't playing to our potential yet either.......idk about that after our loss to decatur...but we are supposed to get better as well.....i would like to see sweetwater and celina play....not to sound disrespectful..but its hard to imagine a team just moving up from 2A to break top 10 and even top 5 in some polls.....idk about all that

bobcat1
09-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Classification smashifacation. Line up 11 and let it rip. Quality Coaching in continuity pays big dividends. We shall see in the next 12 weeks I bet. Good luck to your Mustangs. I picked y'all to beat Decatur. I didn't think they were going to be all that good this year.

sweetwater07
09-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Classification smashifacation. Line up 11 and let it rip. Quality Coaching in continuity pays big dividends. We shall see in the next 12 weeks I bet. Good luck to your Mustangs. I picked y'all to beat Decatur. I didn't think they were going to be all that good this year.

lol this post is going to get the decatur convo going again....
but, quality coaching is not our specialty.....some seem to think jackson is good...but others (90%).... don't..lol

JR2004
09-30-2006, 02:23 AM

You'll get what all y'all folks up there in Celina want in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I was really worried as recently as halftime of last week against Lincoln that Madison's offense would be their undoing. However with the emergence of TE Chris Mason and WR Willie Hutchins I'm starting to think that the offense might finally catch up to what Coach Gates' defense has been doing for the last 2+ seasons. If that happens Madison is going to have the longest run in the playoffs they've had since their PVIL days in the mid 60's.

bobcat1
09-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks! We will keep that posted so we don't miss it. That was Pinkston y'all played last night. Nice victory the week before also. Stay strong!

Phantom Stang
09-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07

quality coaching is not our specialty.....some seem to think jackson is good...but others (90%).... don't..lol

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:
Sweetwater needs to be glad they have a man of Kent Jackson's caliber as head coach of the Mustangs.

JR2004
09-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks! We will keep that posted so we don't miss it. That was Pinkston y'all played last night. Nice victory the week before also. Stay strong!

Yeah I was at our game last night. We should've beaten Pinkston far worse than that, but they called off the dogs way too early. A 23-0 lead in the first half is not the time to let up on a team. I think they'll learn a good lesson from that mistake. Pinkston had a pretty good team though and should be in the playoffs again. Madison still should've put their foot to the throat when they had the chance and won that game by at least 30 instead of messing around and letting the final score look respectable for Pinkston.

Outside of Roosevelt and possibly Lake Worth, there's really not much left on the schedule until the 2nd round that's going to tell that much about what the Trojans could possibly do this time around in the playoffs.