PDA

View Full Version : Texas Horns B-ball

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 06:45 PM
The Texas basketball team will win the National Championship this year....even w/out T. Ford..who we will miss ....but we can get along w/ out him...now this is an area where A&M struggles everyyear.....BASKETBALL....or wait will yall say wait for 2 years to go by...then we will beat yall......

jason
11-03-2003, 06:46 PM
i wish...but they wont...

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 06:49 PM
ANd who exactly is going to stop them?? i mean all teams from the final 4 lost at least 2 players...and Syracuse lost their whole team.Carmello Anthony and that Warrick guy...Kansas lost their 2 best.....Give me a team that will (Have a chance) of beating them
Hook Em

jason
11-03-2003, 06:51 PM
UConn...Kentucky...Duke...Oklahoma...

I think Uconn will do undefeated...and Texas will lose in the sweet 16, if they get that far...they're just not as good without TJ, he was the PLAYER OF THE YEAR...

crzyjournalist03
11-03-2003, 06:53 PM
don't forget Arizona

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Who beat OU 2 Times Last year...was that Texas.....yes ok...or was it once..i dunno....all i know is they won

jason
11-03-2003, 07:00 PM
CTownHardHitter07:
Who beat OU 2 Times Last year...was that Texas.....yes ok...or was it once..i dunno....all i know is they wonwith tj ford...and i think ou still has hollis price...

dont question my ncaa bball knowledge...ill just embarrase you... :D

BigChamp05
11-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Sooners will lay it to UT. OU had to learn to play last year without their big man who graduated. Another year of experience = bad new for UT.

jason
11-03-2003, 07:03 PM
BigChamp05:
Sooners will lay it to UT. OU had to learn to play last year without their big man who graduated. Another year of experience = bad new for UT.yup...and no TJ for UT...

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 07:10 PM
We will see who goes further...and dont test my NCAA Basketball Knowledge either....
Rick Barnes knows what hes doing and the texas team has been together for 3 or 4 years..so dont even say they dont know how to play

BigChamp05
11-03-2003, 07:12 PM
Who said they didn't know how to play? We just said OU will play BETTER.

crzyjournalist03
11-03-2003, 07:15 PM
hey, I'm a Longhorns fan, but I just don't honestly think that the Horns will win the national title this year...I hope they do, but I've learned through my experience with sports that there comes a time when your mind has to overpower your heart. This is one of those times. Texas just doesn't match up well against teams like UConn and Duke this year.

CTownHardHitter07
11-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Hey,

Anything can Happen.....Their is such a thing called UPSETS

YEAAAAAAAAA

BigChamp05
11-03-2003, 07:21 PM
I know. There are also things called trash talkers and ignorant people. lol! j/k Sorry about that.

JasperDog94
11-03-2003, 07:38 PM
jason:

CTownHardHitter07:
Who beat OU 2 Times Last year...was that Texas.....yes ok...or was it once..i dunno....all i know is they wonwith tj ford...and i think ou still has hollis price...

dont question my ncaa bball knowledge...ill just embarrase you... :D I think Price was a senior last year.

jason
11-03-2003, 07:43 PM
JasperDog94:

jason:

CTownHardHitter07:

dont question my ncaa bball knowledge...ill just embarrase you... :D I think Price was a senior last year.thats what i thought...i couldnt remember him being drafted so i wasnt sure if he grad and went undrafter or was still there...

lepfan
11-03-2003, 10:08 PM
jason:

CTownHardHitter07:

dont question my ncaa bball knowledge...ill just embarrase you... :D Hollis Price is overseas (like Italy or somewhere like that) playing ball

Showtime33
11-04-2003, 10:35 AM
You can say what you want about UT or OU but I don't think either one of them can beat the team that Duke will have this year. Look for the Blue Devils to be the team to beat.

Showtime33
11-04-2003, 10:38 AM
One thing though about Texas is that they do a good job of recruiting. One player that they will be getting next year, is Lamarcus Aldridge. Aldridge is a 6'10 Sr from Seagoville who is a very good player. He will more than likely go to the NBA after his Freshman year.

shellman54
11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
The team to beat this year is UConn. With Okafor coming back, and a solid nucleus of players, it is theirs to lose. Texas will have a good showing, but I just don't think they will have what it takes to win the national championship this year.

rholl
11-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Aldridge may try for pros straight out of high school. This yrs. UT team will be more of the standard Rick Barnes style team with TJ gone....they will go back to "get in your face" defense and slug it out basketball. The front line will be a strong point with James Thomas and Brad Buckman anchoring the front the Brian Boddiker interchanging also Klotz will se more time this yr as will freshman PJ Tucker. The Guard play will be the weakest point...Look for Royal Ivey to take over most of PG duties with a couple of new faces rounding it out. Don't forget about Kenny Taylor who transferred in after the Baylor fiasco, this guy can flat out stroke the ball. Brandon Mouton rounds out the team as the "slasher/scorer" who will try to make things happen when offense gets stagnate. UT has SUPER STRONG recruit class coming in With ALdrdige who may or may not ever see the campus also Daniel Gibson and Dion Dowell.