PDA

View Full Version : I would like to apologize to everyone on this board

Aggiemom
12-12-2002, 02:28 PM
I want to apologize for the post I made, and even though I stand by what I said, I realize that possibly this wasn't the right forum in which to present it. I didn't mean to cause the problems it seemed to have caused. I know when emotions run high, and mine were at that time, things get said and I am extremely guilty of "typing" before I thought. I am sincerly sorry.
I love our sports program, every aspect of it, and support and defend it to the best of my ability. Even if that support means baking cookies or whatever for the players. It seems though that I choose the wrong way to defend it and my daughter.
Everyone makes a mistake at one time or another and I hope the people on this forum can offer forgiveness.

JasperDog94
12-12-2002, 02:33 PM
It takes guts to do what you just did. We all say (type) things that we don't necessarily mean. You keep supporting your team and I hope to see you around next year. :D

BIG19
12-12-2002, 02:39 PM
mom, I don't see there is any need to apologize. My sister was at the game also and said pretty much verbatum what you said. I had already been home and she called me saying how good the game was and how the Burnet fans were full of class. She was very disappointed in the Jasper fans for the same reasons you had stated. I am just marking it up to "the few overshadowing the many".

I applaude your support for both the team and your daughters!! It takes a very special person to do what you are doing. I would like to say thank you for all the people that have not or that don't even know what you do. May God continue bless you and your family, because you have most certainly blessed others. THANKS.

snotbubble
12-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Seems to me that you used the board for its intended purpose. You voiced your opinions and your concerns. I must say that IMHO you did a much better job of vocalizing than some of the others who also chose to exercise their 1st amendment rights. I thought you handled it calmly. As far as supporting your team, both teams, all participants, again KUDOS.

Now if we could just get you to lose that "Aggie" moniker.

:D This BU Bear says Sic 'Em, MOM!

spiritpridehonor
12-12-2002, 03:20 PM
From one mom to another I totally understand where you were coming from. My daughter had basically told me the same thing. As I was trying to tell JasperDog94 that kind of thing doesn't seem to bother me too much. It happens at other games also. Whether it's the other team, our own, or both, it happens. Not much we can do to control it except try to teach them ourselves. That's what I meant about some of the posters on here not setting very good examples. Anyways I'll see ya Saturday!!! Once again JasperDog94, my intention was not to set anyone off but to try to relieve some of the "heat" going on. wink wink wink

GO BULLDAWGS!!
ONE TEAM -- ONE DREAM
SPIRIT PRIDE HONOR