20. Van (3-1)
21. Rusk (2-1)
22. Canyon (3-1)
23. Argyle (4-0)
24. Burkburnett (3-1)
25. Palestine Westwood (4-0)

Bullaholic
09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry, but I'm going to have to put my "homer" hat on.....I think Decatur should be much higher, and Breckenridge and Sanger should both be in the Top 25 somewhere. Thanks for the work on the poll, Matt.

Highschoolfan78
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
1. Gilmer (3-0)
2. Cuero (4-0)
3. W. Orange-Stark (3-0)
4. Giddings (4-0)
5. Dallas Madison (3-0)
6. Celina (3-0)
7. Carthage (3-0)
8. Monahans (3-0)
9. Hutto (3-1)
10. Palestine (3-1)
11. Wimberley (3-1)
12. Abilene Wylie (3-1)
13. Hondo (4-0)
14. Liberty Hill (3-1)
15. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (3-1)
16. Decatur (4-0)
17. Cameron Yoe (3-1)
18. Sweetwater (3-1)
19. Bellville (3-1)
20. Van (3-1)
21. Rusk (2-1)
22. Canyon (3-1)
23. Argyle (4-0)
24. Burkburnett (3-1)
25. Palestine Westwood (4-0)

ehh IDK about Hondo and Abilene Wylie ahead of LH, nor decatur so far back. I'd even put Giddings at 3, but evidently WOS is holding their ground. I dont know much about them other than them being ranked great every year

mustang04
09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
looks good to me!

bandera7
09-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Hondo is not getting any credit, I dont understand it...they have played a good schedule for the most part, and they are winning consistently...and what about Cuero not being one? I think that needs to happen...a W is a W, and they have been against solid teams, especially against LH. Give Cuero more credit

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
lol....lemme put MY homer hat on and say Wylie..no where near that far up...and Celina has not earned my bandwagon seat quite yet.....

Tres Lobos
09-26-2006, 10:39 PM
i'm liking where yall have monahans at :)

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
i'm liking where yall have monahans at :)

thats a joke

WTF-82
09-26-2006, 10:53 PM
If thats a joke, what is funnier is were sweetwater is at.

Stownhorse
09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
dang already

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
If thats a joke, what is funnier is were sweetwater is at.

we could play Ft. Stockton and sorry teams like that all night...and win 40-0...come on...monahans is average and not much more

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
IS Argyle for real or have they played a crappy schedule?

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
IS Argyle for real or have they played a crappy schedule?

same question i'm wondering

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Look how argyle struggled against a 2A school last week. A 2A school that isnt that good at all.

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Look how argyle struggled against a 2A school last week. A 2A school that isnt that good at all.

yeah well region 1 is weak...so any average team is glorified in the polls

Stownhorse
09-26-2006, 11:41 PM
I wanna see Yoe and Sweetwater play....I think it would be a good one, same with palestine.

NateDawg39
09-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
I wanna see Yoe and Sweetwater play....I think it would be a good one, same with palestine. I would like to see Cuero and Sweetwater play...That would be interesting.

injuredinmelee
09-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I would like to see Cuero and Sweetwater play...That would be interesting.

I want to see Cuero and Gilmer play.

NateDawg39
09-27-2006, 12:26 AM
I want to see Cuero and Gilmer play. You would want that!:rolleyes: lol

RMAC
09-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Well I wanna see the Cowboys and SLC play, but it's never gonna happen. Man how I can't wait until I own the world. I'll give you guys any games ya'll want, no matter the skill level. Even a certain few of you, Phil for sure, will get their own islands. I think Phil would call his Socorro, that way we could watch the "Daw" at Socorro. Man I'm so funny.

bulldogman06
09-27-2006, 08:24 AM
If Cuero and Gilmer played I am positive that I would go all the way to either place to watch.

westtexasfbfan
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Midland Greenwood (4-0) should be in the top 25 teams in Texas.

Tiger Baseball
09-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan

They are under the radar!!!

zeus63
09-27-2006, 09:34 AM
No joke!! GREENWOOD IS GOOD!!!!

sweetwater07
09-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
They are under the radar!!!

thats the way to go, if you fly under the radar you will get underestimated every week....i'm totally happy with Sweetwater going under the radar as well!!

WTF-82
09-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Cuero would win 10-14 points Sweetwater is good but top 10 probably not. But I dont think Monahans is a top 10 also. There both getting better.

NateDawg39
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Cuero would win 10-14 points Sweetwater is good but top 10 probably not. But I dont think Monahans is a top 10 also. There both getting better. Idk...Cuero might drop it on kick offs....Sweetwater would then be given points:rolleyes:

12pack
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Where does Pleasanton rank in the 3A arena...They were a year in, year out playoff team in 4A..and just moved down to 3A??? Give me some real feedback

Aesculus gilmus
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
If Cuero and Gilmer played I am positive that I would go all the way to either place to watch.

You won't have to do that. If the Div I state final is between those two teams, I'd say it'd be in either Waco or Round Rock, most likely.

Perhaps some would like Kyle Field, but the two other stadiums are newer and more suited to high school football.

mustang04
09-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Idk...Cuero might drop it on kick offs....Sweetwater would then be given points:rolleyes:

nah...i'd rather win knowing my defense stopped their offense and our offense was able to score on their defense...there is no sense of pride winning a game like that...TO ME...but a w is a w

think of how sucky of a superbowl it would be if an offense like the Colts was playin another team and that team kept pooch kicking and gettin the ball back...it would take away from the game what it was meant to be...thats just my opinion on the situation

Butkus
09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
it would take away from the game what it was meant to be...thats just my opinion on the situation Now youngun isnt the name of the game to win.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Now youngun isnt the name of the game to win.:thinking:
It sounds like the name of the game must be "everybody play the game in the exact same way so no team has an advantage over the other". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

***NEWS ALERT: IT'S CALLED "SPECIAL TEAMS"***

mustang04
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It sounds like the name of the game must be "everybody play the game in the exact same way so no team has an advantage over the other". :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

but go back to why the game was created and how it was created...i promise you if the creators of the game saw that it came to a point to where something you do between each teams posession after scoring could be manipulated..they'd disapprove

YES it gave them a WIN...but im more of a enjoy something for what it really is and was meant to be....not taking the shortcut or an easy way out just to win, everybody misses out

mustang04
09-27-2006, 04:21 PM

so someone can be ranked high in a poll cuz of their special teams??? haha i love it!

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2006, 05:03 PM
so someone can be ranked high in a poll cuz of their special teams??? haha i love it!
If the special teams help the TEAM win the games, they certainly can. :p

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
You won't have to do that. If the Div I state final is between those two teams, I'd say it'd be in either Waco or Round Rock, most likely.

Perhaps some would like Kyle Field, but the two other stadiums are newer and more suited to high school football.

the game be in Corpus Christi Buc Stadium make yall travel :)

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2006, 10:58 PM
but go back to why the game was created and how it was created...i promise you if the creators of the game saw that it came to a point to where something you do between each teams posession after scoring could be manipulated..they'd disapprove

YES it gave them a WIN...but im more of a enjoy something for what it really is and was meant to be....not taking the shortcut or an easy way out just to win, everybody misses out
So, I'm just curious. How do you feel about on-side kicks? And would that not be a similar "manipulation tactic" a team might use when a game is close? I don't see a lot of difference. Good coaching will take advantage of a weakness he sees in the other team and/or adjust to a weakness seen in his own.

Does the Sweetwater kicker only kick them long and deep? You have to keep the other team guessing at all times what you'll do, IMO. Should a team not take advantage of opportunities? Our kickers have used several different kicks. And yes, last year during the Bandera game, he kicked two pooch kicks in a row to start the game. Did it give us an advantage? Yes, we went up 14-0.

Now.......if the shoe were on the other foot and Sweetwater had kicked the pooches and won the game with the help of the special teams, would you still be griping about it two weeks later? And would you consider it a shortcut and an easy way out to win or would you be saying adjustments should've been made by the other side? Honestly ask yourself these things. Because from where I'm sitting, the Decatur special teams worked the field to their team's advantage to help them win and the Sweetwater fans are calling sour grapes because of it.

mustang04
09-27-2006, 11:12 PM
So, I'm just curious. How do you feel about on-side kicks? And would that not be a similar "manipulation tactic" a team might use when a game is close? I don't see a lot of difference. Good coaching will take advantage of a weakness he sees in the other team and/or adjust to a weakness seen in his own.

Does the Sweetwater kicker only kick them long and deep? You have to keep the other team guessing at all times what you'll do, IMO. Should a team not take advantage of opportunities? Our kickers have used several different kicks. And yes, last year during the Bandera game, he kicked two pooch kicks in a row to start the game. Did it give us an advantage? Yes, we went up 14-0.

Now.......if the shoe were on the other foot and Sweetwater had kicked the pooches and won the game with the help of the special teams, would you still be griping about it two weeks later? And would you consider it a shortcut and an easy way out to win or would you be saying adjustments should've been made by the other side? Honestly ask yourself these things. Because from where I'm sitting, the Decatur special teams worked the field to their team's advantage to help them win and the Sweetwater fans are calling sour grapes because of it.

actually i wouldnt be griping cuz i got the W naturally...but i wouldnt take pride in it

Stownhorse
09-27-2006, 11:21 PM

Onsides kicks are usually for times of need.

NateDawg39
09-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Onsides kicks are usually for times of need. Yeah...and good teams realize that the opponent is always doing them and finds a way to stop them. Story was aware that we couldnt beat yall in a game of high scoring...so he used every aspect of the game to get a big W.

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Yeah...and good teams realize that the opponent is always doing them and finds a way to stop them. Story was aware that we couldnt beat yall in a game of high scoring...so he used every aspect of the game to get a big W.

I dont give a crap about coach Story or Decatur...

mustang04
09-28-2006, 12:29 AM

easy now, killer.

i agree with decatur...for the WIN..coach story did the right thing, and there is no arguing that...but what i'm talking about is playing a game for what it is....say finding video games with secret codes...sure u can use the cheat codes to win...but then again you dont have that sense of pride of winning it without cheat codes...know what i mean??

i'll say it again...i am not taking ANYTHING away from decatur..they have the W that will go in the books for crazy fans liek us to talk about 20 years down the road

why are we even talkin about it....lol, i could care less for the rankings cuz i know what s'water is capable of when they play with their heads straight...and who knows...decatur might be better than given credit for even by the rankings, as they are hardly ever known for sub-par football

NateDawg39
09-28-2006, 01:09 AM
easy now, killer.

i agree with decatur...for the WIN..coach story did the right thing, and there is no arguing that...but what i'm talking about is playing a game for what it is....say finding video games with secret codes...sure u can use the cheat codes to win...but then again you dont have that sense of pride of winning it without cheat codes...know what i mean??

i'll say it again...i am not taking ANYTHING away from decatur..they have the W that will go in the books for crazy fans liek us to talk about 20 years down the road

why are we even talkin about it....lol, i could care less for the rankings cuz i know what s'water is capable of when they play with their heads straight...and who knows...decatur might be better than given credit for even by the rankings, as they are hardly ever known for sub-par football Why dont you put that into football terms...Im just wondering but are you saying pooch kicks are cheating?:confused:

NateDawg39
09-28-2006, 01:10 AM
I dont give a crap about coach Story or Decatur... and thats relevant to what length?

eagles_victory
09-28-2006, 01:43 AM
anybody know who westwoods got this week

westtxfballfan
09-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
we could play Ft. Stockton and sorry teams like that all night...and win 40-0...come on...monahans is average and not much more

I don't post much (or quote others much), but this guy is way too far off to ignore; and it's a sleepless night anyway, so here goes... Monahans has played Snyder - whom Sweetwater posters have always been too eager to cite as a great "strength of schedule" opponent until this poster. (And Mon has improved vastly since that game as I'm sure Snyder has, too.) Then Midland Christian, who is VERY GOOD and gave SW all they could handle in their scrimmage as Ranger Mom has pointed out here before. Then an Andrews team that will likely make the playoffs after beating Seminole this Friday. Next, Graham upcoming this Friday,who has struggled this year but is traditionally strong... Not to mention their mauling of Abilene Wylie in a scrimmage, as well as a tough, close scrimmage with Greenwood. Doesn't sound like a "ft.stockton and sorry teams schedule" to me. Monahans didn't pick their district schedule; and when they got it, they turned around and scheduled a preseason that could have easily gone 0-4. Instead, it's lookin like 4-0. Monahans may not be top 10, but they are DEFINITELY better than "average and not much more."

Ranger Mom
09-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan

I prefer them to be under the radar.....it suits me just fine that they are nowhere to be seen!!

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Onsides kicks are usually for times of need.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know that. I have watched 1 or 2 football games. :rolleyes: And just to be certain that I had all my facts straight, I reread the update thread. Maybe some of the rest of you should as well. Decatur was behind going into the 2nd half and the entire game was relatively close, with the lead changing possessions a few times. Time of need? Ya'll want to :bigcry: about pooch kicks, but in rereading, Sweetwater had their hands on two kicks at least and FUMBLED.

Decatur exploited the weaknesses that night. It got them the win. They're undefeated. A 14-point win over a good Sweetwater team, and other wins, will get you recognition in any rankings or polls.

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know that. I have watched 1 or 2 football games. :rolleyes: And just to be certain that I had all my facts straight, I reread the update thread. Maybe some of the rest of you should as well. Decatur was behind going into the 2nd half and the entire game was relatively close, with the lead changing possessions a few times. Time of need? Ya'll want to :bigcry: about pooch kicks, but in rereading, Sweetwater had their hands on two kicks at least and FUMBLED.

Decatur exploited the weaknesses that night. It got them the win. They're undefeated. A 14-point win over a good Sweetwater team, and other wins, will get you recognition in any rankings or polls.

Hmmm nothing was said about Decatur.....But hey thanks for stating the obvious.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
I don't post much (or quote others much), but this guy is way too far off to ignore; and it's a sleepless night anyway, so here goes... Monahans has played Snyder - whom Sweetwater posters have always been too eager to cite as a great "strength of schedule" opponent until this poster. (And Mon has improved vastly since that game as I'm sure Snyder has, too.) Then Midland Christian, who is VERY GOOD and gave SW all they could handle in their scrimmage as Ranger Mom has pointed out here before. Then an Andrews team that will likely make the playoffs after beating Seminole this Friday. Next, Graham upcoming this Friday,who has struggled this year but is traditionally strong... Not to mention their mauling of Abilene Wylie in a scrimmage, as well as a tough, close scrimmage with Greenwood. Doesn't sound like a "ft.stockton and sorry teams schedule" to me. Monahans didn't pick their district schedule; and when they got it, they turned around and scheduled a preseason that could have easily gone 0-4. Instead, it's lookin like 4-0. Monahans may not be top 10, but they are DEFINITELY better than "average and not much more."

Well stated.:thumbsup:

STANG RED
09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah...and good teams realize that the opponent is always doing them and finds a way to stop them. Story was aware that we couldnt beat yall in a game of high scoring...so he used every aspect of the game to get a big W.

Your right on the money there Nate. It was legal and fair, and a great coaching job to exploit a weakness. As bad as I hate to admit it, Decatur deserved the win, because they did what they had to do, within the rules, to get it.
Also, I'd like to apologize from 99% of us, that you Decatur folks keep having to defend that win, and that everybody else on this board has to keep reading about it. We just have a few younguns here that just cant seem to let it go. It's over and done with, and this is the last statement I intend to make about this matter. Have a great season Decatur! I look for yall to make another deep playoff run, as usual.
Now I'm done with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AggiesAreWe
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM
I think Silsbee could be a top 25 team. They're wins have come against class 4A Houston Sterling 54-32, who the very next week beat 4A top 20 Beaumont Central 45-30, and the other win was class 2A #1 Newton, 27-23. Silsbee's only loss was to 4A Port Neches-Groves.

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 10:40 AM
and thats relevant to what length?

I said nothing about Decatur.

big daddy russ
09-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
I think Silsbee could be a top 25 team. They're wins have come against class 4A Houston Sterling 54-32, who the very next week beat 4A top 20 Beaumont Central 45-30, and the other win was class 2A #1 Newton, 27-23. Silsbee's only loss was to 4A Port Neches-Groves.
Silsbee's the most underrated team in the state, IMHO. I really want to see them play, but don't know if I'll get the chance. Still, they'll make some noise in the poll that counts-- the one that starts in November. I don't think anyone, even in a loaded R3, wants to see your boys early in the playoffs.

Hindsight2020
09-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Silsbee will most likely end up 2nd in this tough district. I just don't see the option being very successful against the WO-S defense. That will be the "game of the district," IMO.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2006, 11:09 AM
I said nothing about Decatur.
:doh: :doh: Are you even aware what you post?

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Where on this thread did I post about Decatur? I disnt so Im aware of what I post....you snapped on me about onside kicks!....what did I ever do to you LH panther Mom? lol

DaHop72
09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Where on this thread did I post about Decatur? I disnt so Im aware of what I post....you snapped on me about onside kicks!....what did I ever do to you LH panther Mom? lol 17 posts above this one is where she got your quote.:doh: :doh:

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
17 posts above this one is where she got your quote.:doh: :doh:

yea I said "Decatur" I was trying to say that the game is already over and gone and thta I dont care about it anymore... I didnt bring up the whole pooch kick and Sweetwater/Decatur game did I?

mustang04
09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Why dont you put that into football terms...Im just wondering but are you saying pooch kicks are cheating?:confused:

nope sorry...i will no longer talk about a certain game as i said last night....you can accept my props to decatur and wishing yall luck, or you dont have to...doesn't matter to me none, but its getting old trying to explain things and whatnot...yall got the W, good job! good luck!

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 11:54 AM
nope sorry...i will no longer talk about a certain game as i said last night....you can accept my props to decatur and wishing yall luck, or you dont have to...doesn't matter to me none, but its getting old trying to explain things and whatnot...yall got the W, good job! good luck!

That a boy....Im in the boat with you

NateDawg39
09-28-2006, 03:33 PM
yalls boat sunk before ya got in it...:doh:

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 03:39 PM

Oh man that was a good one whoooooooooooooooooooo:clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
09-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh man that was a good one whoooooooooooooooooooo:clap: :clap: i thought you were done

Stownhorse
09-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh man that was a good one whoooooooooooooooooooo

VolcoM187
09-28-2006, 09:30 PM

did you just make a joke?

sweetwater07
09-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan

lol, snyder..MC..Andrew..graham...you've got to be joking...those are all sorry teams except MC who is a tapps school...yes they are good ...wylie...you mean gary edwards??....your post and monahans's schedule is a joke...

VolcoM187
09-28-2006, 09:48 PM
lol, snyder..MC..Andrew..graham...you've got to be joking...those are all sorry teams except MC who is a tapps school...yes they are good ...wylie...you mean gary edwards??....your post and monahans's schedule is a joke...

whoa you've got to give gary a little credit i mean never playing QB since Kase was there.... but yea your post is about 98% true!

sweetwater07
09-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by VolcoM187
whoa you've got to give gary a little credit i mean never playing QB since Kase was there.... but yea your post is about 98% true!

thats what i meant...Gary is that team...

VolcoM187
09-28-2006, 10:07 PM
thats what i meant...Gary is that team...

Yea he's an all around athlete

VolcoM187
09-30-2006, 11:25 AM

So about monahans being average, what was their score last night?

sweetwater07
09-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by VolcoM187
So about monahans being average, what was their score last night?

yeah i think my point is proven after Monahans loses to a decent Graham team...maybe matthew will take them out of the top 10

WTF-82
09-30-2006, 05:55 PM
This sweetwater fan acts like they are the best team the state man please. Monahans did lose to a good Graham team but sweetwater got blown out by a good Decater team the same team that Vernon took to the wire.
Yes the same Vernon that got beat bad by Mid. Christian a Monahans opponent my point there is a lot parity in 3a this year specially from 5-40 top teams in the state Sweetwater is a top 20 probably but they are not the best team in the state.
Monahans lost but they will rebound as did sweetwater.

WTF-82
09-30-2006, 05:56 PM
You got to bring it any Friday Night.

sweetwater07
10-01-2006, 12:33 AM
You got to bring it any Friday Night.

i concur..but Monahans was far overrated by Matthew, they lost to an extremely unexperienced Graham...i hope they do rebound as well..i just want a region 1 team to bring the rings home

Matthew328
10-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I don't think any Region 1 team is bringing hardware home this year....