PDA

View Full Version : Could your school use this kicker?

JR2004
09-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Forgot to mention this last week, but thankfully the DMN made some mention of this in an article. I'd think there might be a few high schools around the state that wish this kid was lining up and kicking field goals for them. :)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/092606dnspomolina.18f60aa9.html

Molina's 57-yard FG is city high school record

12:24 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 26, 2006

By KEITH WHITMIRE / The Dallas Morning News

The 57-yard field goal by Molina's Danny Hernandez last Thursday against Roosevelt was a DISD record and ranks among the state top 10.

DISD assistant athletic director Jeff Johnson confirmed Monday that the kick is the longest in the district's history. According to records compiled by Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine, the kick ranks as the ninth-longest in state history.

Molina coach Charles Deville said five Division I colleges called him Saturday morning inquiring about Hernandez, who also had a 50-yarder in the same game.

Molina, off this week, plays next against Fort Worth South Hills at Farrington Field on Oct. 5

Rabbit'93
09-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Nice Leg:clap: :eek:

STANG RED
09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
This kid can probably get a free education at any school he so desires. Heck, I bet there are several pros that would like to have him right now. I've seen some mighty ugly kicks this year.

Cameron Crazy
09-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Send him our way!@!

big daddy russ
09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Does anyone remember the name of Bellville's kicker a few years back? Tortilla Man, you in the house?

I watched them play a playoff game at Kyle Field about two or three years ago in which their kicker nailed a 55-yard (it was close to 55... may have been a yard shorter or longer) FG against a 15-MPH wind. Most amazing kick I've ever seen at any level. I think (can't remember-- killed off too many brain cells since then) they were playing Marlin.

Anyone from Bellville want to jump in here?

jlwzz
09-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Wow a 57 and a 50

that young man just punched his dance card

he will kick somewhere and it will all be paid for

Congrads to him

tigerpride_08
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
dont see to many pure kickers in high school...

tortilla_man
09-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Brandt Geoke

i believe he was an all american honor mention kicker at blinn

http://www.aggieathletics.com/bios.php?SID=MFB&PID=7798&YOS=2006

transfered to A&M but he is in the back of the line for kicking since they signed Saminski

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
Brandt Geoke

i believe he was an all american honor mention kicker at blinn

http://www.aggieathletics.com/bios.php?SID=MFB&PID=7798&YOS=2006

transfered to A&M but he is in the back of the line for kicking since they signed Saminski

I'm pretty sure he got hurt, I never saw him kick at practice. Newmann is the FG kicker now, beating out Symanski, but Symanski is still the place kicker.

AggieJohn
09-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Does anyone remember the name of Bellville's kicker a few years back? Tortilla Man, you in the house?

I watched them play a playoff game at Kyle Field about two or three years ago in which their kicker nailed a 55-yard (it was close to 55... may have been a yard shorter or longer) FG against a 15-MPH wind. Most amazing kick I've ever seen at any level. I think (can't remember-- killed off too many brain cells since then) they were playing Marlin.

Anyone from Bellville want to jump in here? i remember that kicker russ, we played bellville that year before they played marlin in the playoffs.

Hoss
09-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Name was Brandt Goeke...Went to Blinn and is now at Texas A&M as an invited walk on Kicker/Punter/WR

PPHSfan
09-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Gainesville had a kicker in 02 named jon lopez that kicked 60 yarders in warm up and lots of fifty yarders in games. he kicked a 52 and a 56 in the game against celina.