5. Argyle
6. Breckenridge
7. Abilene Wylie
8. Monahans
9. Canyon
10. Vernon

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
NO SWEETWATER #1 EVEN IF THEY LOST TO DECATUR!!!

Bullaholic
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
NO SWEETWATER #1 EVEN IF THEY LOST TO DECATUR!!!

AS Bevis used to say...."Ahhhh Go away!" :D

Let's make my post even more fun---By putting Sweetwater at #2, I'm saying they could beat every team in the ranking below them.

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 02:27 PM
1. Decatur
2. Midland Greenwood
3. Sweetwater
4. Argyle
5. Canyon
6. Abilene Wylie
7. Monahans
8. Sanger
9. Vernon
10. Breckenridge

11(t) Bridgeport vs Snyder...winner takes on Graham! ;)

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
1. Decatur
2. Midland Greenwood
3. Sweetwater
4. Argyle
5. Canyon
6. Abilene Wylie
7. Monahans
8. Sanger
9. Vernon
10. Breckenridge

I find your wayyyyyyyyyyyy more accurate.
Might even put Wylie up there at 5 ahead of canyon. They might be like Wylie and their record is puffed up on teams that are down this year.

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 02:33 PM
but thank the good lord that no one put Clyde in one of these.

Bullaholic
09-26-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm feeling "bold" today---so I'm going to say that the probable District 8-3A playoff teams (Decatur in DI, and Sanger and Argyle in DII) will have the best combined playoff record this season of any district in 3A. How bout' that you bunch of West Texas 'homers"? :D Of course I'm not a "homer" because I didn't pick my home team to make the playoffs---yet. :D

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm feeling "bold" today---so I'm going to say that the probable District 8-3A playoff teams (Decatur in DI, and Sanger and Argyle in DII) will have the best combined playoff record this season of any district in 3A.

Just think of these 1st round matchups...

Decatur vs Wylie
Sanger vs Breckenridge/Clyde
Argyle vs Sweetwater

That could be some good football!!!

pirate4state
09-26-2006, 02:42 PM
AS Bevis used to say...."Ahhhh Go away!" :D

Or as Butthead would say...."dammit Beavis!" *slap* :D :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2006, 03:12 PM
All good teams. I guess after playing close with Decatur the Lions are getting some notice. They do have a good football team.

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm feeling "bold" today---so I'm going to say that the probable District 8-3A playoff teams (Decatur in DI, and Sanger and Argyle in DII) will have the best combined playoff record this season of any district in 3A. How bout' that you bunch of West Texas 'homers"? :D Of course I'm not a "homer" because I didn't pick my home team to make the playoffs---yet. :D

I was thinking 8-3A would go the route 3-3A did the last two
years.....

One and done..........

:D :devil: :D

SWMustang
09-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was thinking 8-3A would go the route 3-3A did the last two
years.....

One and done..........

:D :devil: :D

I'd like to see what happens when Decatur plays Argyle. Should be a better barometer of Argyle.

wildstangs
09-26-2006, 06:47 PM
I think Canyon, Monahans, and Wylie would all beat Greenwood.

Ranger Mom
09-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I think Canyon, Monahans, and Wylie would all beat Greenwood.

You could very well be right!! I know we did REAL well against Monahans in scrimmage...but it was just that...a scrimmage!

I haven't seen Canyon or Wylie play, so I can't use them as any kind of measuring stick!

I'm just glad we are winning a few at the beginning, it's been a drought here lately!!

wildstangs
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
I forgot you guys scrimmaged Monahans....I think Greenwood will go at least 9-1...possibly 10-0 if Snyder doesn't keep improving. Greenwood gets to go West in the first round of the playoffs.

Ranger Mom
09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I forgot you guys scrimmaged Monahans....I think Greenwood will go at least 9-1...possibly 10-0 if Snyder doesn't keep improving. Greenwood gets to go West in the first round of the playoffs.

District 4?? Who is in that one, do you know?

Ranger Mom
09-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
District 4?? Who is in that one, do you know?

I am answering my own question!:D

Seminole
Brownfield
Levelland
Lubbock Cooper

By the time dristrict starts....we will have played 3 of the 4 above teams!

Bullaholic
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
I am answering my own question!:D

Seminole
Brownfield
Levelland
Lubbock Cooper

By the time dristrict starts....we will have played 3 of the 4 above teams!

Maybe Greenwood can win 2 District titles, RM. :D

DukeNukem
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
1. Sweetwater - too much talent
2. Greenwood - better than most think
3. Decatur - beat s-water didn't they
4. Monahans - under several radars again
5. Abilene Wylie - getting better weekly
6. Argyle - regional darkhorse
7. Snyder - still better than most think, need better play calling
8. Canyon - can beat anyone of above on any given night
9. Breckenridge - undefeated but still overated
10. Sanger - don't know anything about them

Highschoolfan78
09-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
1. Sweetwater - too much talent
2. Greenwood - better than most think
3. Decatur - beat s-water didn't they
4. Monahans - under several radars again
5. Abilene Wylie - getting better weekly
6. Argyle - regional darkhorse
7. Snyder - still better than most think, need better play calling
8. Canyon - can beat anyone of above on any given night
9. Breckenridge - undefeated but still overated
10. Sanger - don't know anything about them

How can you justify having an undefeated Decatur behind sweetwater when you yourself said they were victorious? I tihnk Canyon is under-rated in your poll.Everything else looks good .. I just think Decatur should at least be at the 2 spot in YOUR poll if you yourself said they beat the number 1 team.

Ranger Mom
09-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
How can you justify having an undefeated Decatur behind sweetwater when you yourself said they were victorious? I tihnk Canyon is under-rated in your poll.Everything else looks good .. I just think Decatur should at least be at the 2 spot in YOUR poll if you yourself said they beat the number 1 team.

No!! Then that would put them in Greenwood's spot!!!:D

Seriously though, I know Decatur beat Sweetwater...but how much did Sweetwater beating Sweetwater have to do with it??

Just trying to stir up a little convo!!;)

DaHop72
09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Someone agrees with you. Quote about Decatur.

:D :D

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Now!!...Speacial teams can only get you so far.....They might have great special teams but shotty offense and D....Who is their next opponent BTW?

DukeNukem
09-26-2006, 07:42 PM

i understand decatur beat sweetwater but i believe that if they played 10 times sweetwater would win at least 7 of them and if they meet again in the playoffs if that is possible sweetwater would win. canyon is good and can go off and put 50 points up on any given night but i would not pick them over the teams in front. polls are not always correct. if liberty hill loses on the last play of the game to the #1 team then they should beat #2 automatically right. no. same goes in college. if rice would have beaten texas they still would not be ranked above them.

Bullaholic
09-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Nobody's individual poll is more valid than anyone else's. That is the fun of poll making---it stirs us all to more in depth discussion about teams that we would not ordinarily post about, and therefore learn more about teams we can only speculate blindly about. I wish someone in each of the other Regions would put up their polls too, for discussion.

its_n_D_water
09-26-2006, 09:18 PM
AND HOW IS BRIDGEPORT DOING THESE DAYS???

Send_the_House
09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
How many times am I going to have to say Look Out for Argyle...

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 10:53 PM
1. Decatur
2. Midland Greenwood
3. Sweetwater
4. Argyle
5. Canyon
6. Abilene Wylie
7. Monahans
8. Sanger
9. Vernon
10. Breckenridge

well said...exactly how i would post them...i thnk Greenwood is underrated...looking for them to win District this year...
where is argyle??

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 10:57 PM

Decatur didn't beat us...Sweetwater beat us...if you would have been at the game..you would agree

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
well said...exactly how i would post them...i thnk Greenwood is underrated...looking for them to win District this year...
where is argyle??

thanks...Argyle is in hiding. I've been saying so since before the season started! ;)

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 11:01 PM
thanks...Argyle is in hiding. I've been saying so since before the season started! ;)

i meant like...where are they geographically??....like where would we meet if we played first round??..
but also yes... don't remember hearing much about them last year

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 11:12 PM
i meant like...where are they geographically??....like where would we meet if we played first round??..
but also yes... don't remember hearing much about them last year

they were in 2A last year. State finalist in Division 1 last year. They are located just south of Southlake.

sweetwater07
09-26-2006, 11:15 PM
they were in 2A last year. State finalist in Division 1 last year. They are located just south of Southlake.

ooohhhh think they are ready for some 3A ball??....i'm still not too sure about Celina being ranked that high..so idk about Argyle

Highschoolfan78
09-27-2006, 12:57 AM
Decatur didn't beat us...Sweetwater beat us...if you would have been at the game..you would agree

haha ok i can understand.. dont pick at me too hard , im way here in the coastal area.. goin by statistics only and that never works.. newayz polls dont mean jack or jill

NateDawg39
09-27-2006, 01:28 AM
Decatur didn't beat us...Sweetwater beat us...if you would have been at the game..you would agree Yes yall scored 40 of our points didnt you...Im thinking yall should change your name to sourwater... get over it already. Yall suck at football...

STANG RED
09-27-2006, 05:50 AM

Actually, they are just a few miles south of Denton. Been there many times, visiting inlaws. Argyle's boom has just come in the last few years, due to all the recent growth out around the new speedway, and Relient airport area. Argyle didnt even have a high school till about 4 or 5 years ago. My neice and nephew went to High School in Denton, as did all Argyle kids, just a few years ago.

Snydertigersrul
09-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Yes yall scored 40 of our points didnt you...Im thinking yall should change your name to sourwater... get over it already. Yall suck at football...

I like that Nate, Sourwater. That's right. They get their tails whipped and then cry that they didn't lose the game.

Bullaholic
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by its_n_D_water
AND HOW IS BRIDGEPORT DOING THESE DAYS???

If you didn't know the answer, I don't think you would be asking.....but Bridgeport has a perfect record at 0-4. It may become 0-5, but we are looking to get our first win after the "bye" week. :D

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Actually, they are just a few miles south of Denton. Been there many times, visiting inlaws. Argyle's boom has just come in the last few years, due to all the recent growth out around the new speedway, and Relient airport area. Argyle didnt even have a high school till about 4 or 5 years ago. My neice and nephew went to High School in Denton, as did all Argyle kids, just a few years ago.

DOH...that's what I get for looking at the map and seeing Justin and for some reason I thought it was south of Justin instead of north. Thanks for the correct info!

Bullaholic
09-27-2006, 09:52 AM
DOH...that's what I get for looking at the map and seeing Justin and for some reason I thought it was south of Justin instead of north. Thanks for the correct info!

Adidas....Argyle is projected to be in 4A and then 5A very quickly...much like Frisco.

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Adidas....Argyle is projected to be in 4A and then 5A very quickly...much like Frisco.

yeah. Frisco grew REALLY fast!!! They were only in 3A for 2 years...going from under 300 to over 800 within 2 school years.

sweetwater07
09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Yes yall scored 40 of our points didnt you...Im thinking yall should change your name to sourwater... get over it already. Yall suck at football...

lol alright....everyone is bringing it up like Decatur is soooo much better than us...sorry son but they aren't...were you at the game??.....if you were, then i'm sure you saw a biased view as did I...but i really don't think Decatur has near as much talent as us......either way its been 3 weeks ago...i wish it would go away

NateDawg39
09-27-2006, 10:29 AM
lol alright....everyone is bringing it up like Decatur is soooo much better than us...sorry son but they aren't...were you at the game??.....if you were, then i'm sure you saw a biased view as did I...but i really don't think Decatur has near as much talent as us......either way its been 3 weeks ago...i wish it would go away Then stop bringing it up...tell your fellow Sourwater fans to stop nagging Decatur like yall are better than us. In 2006, Decatur owned you and you wont take that away. Maybe Sourwater will be more talented next year and try a little harder huh?;)

LH Panther Mom
09-27-2006, 10:29 AM
lol alright....everyone is bringing it up like Decatur is soooo much better than us...sorry son but they aren't...were you at the game??.....if you were, then i'm sure you saw a biased view as did I...but i really don't think Decatur has near as much talent as us......either way its been 3 weeks ago...i wish it would go away
The most talented team does not always win.....the team that puts more points on the scoreboard does win.

(IMO....it would go away, if "some" folks would stop dragging up about how a certain team didn't beat another certain team, but that the second certain team beat themselves. :p )

Bullaholic
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM

Would you conisider your post as being "slightly" contradictory, SW07? :D

NateDawg39
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
SOURWATER MUSTANGS!!!

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The most talented team does not always win.....the team that puts more points on the scoreboard does win.

(IMO....it would go away, if "some" folks would stop dragging up about how a certain team didn't beat another certain team, but that the second certain team beat themselves. :p )

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It is what it is...

Adidas410s
09-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Would you conisider your post as being "slightly" contradictory, SW07? :D

true...true...

STANG RED
09-27-2006, 12:04 PM
No!! Then that would put them in Greenwood's spot!!!:D

Seriously though, I know Decatur beat Sweetwater...but how much did Sweetwater beating Sweetwater have to do with it??

Just trying to stir up a little convo!!;)

Well RM, are you satisfied???
You certainly stirred it up did'nt you?:devil: :p

Snyder_TigerFan
09-27-2006, 01:07 PM
An observation...I seem to remember the same thing happening when Sweetwater lost last year to Wylie. :cool:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/images/smilies/smiles2/stirthepot.gif

DukeNukem
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
another hijacked thread. sweetwater and snyder are removed from the poll and replaced by anthony and tornillo. now you have a reason to gripe.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
another hijacked thread. sweetwater and snyder are removed from the poll and replaced by anthony and tornillo. now you have a reason to gripe.

What does Snyder have to do with it? No one is griping.:devil:

DaHop72
09-27-2006, 01:47 PM
another hijacked thread. sweetwater and snyder are removed from the poll and replaced by anthony and tornillo. now you have a reason to gripe. I don't believe Snyder was in Bull's Top Ten.:devil: :devil:

Bullaholic
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I don't believe Snyder was in Bull's Top Ten.:devil: :devil:

Only because I used to live in Sweetwater, Hop. :D (I went to 1st grade there).

DaHop72
09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Only because I used to live in Sweetwater, Hop. :D (I went to 1st grade there). Me too Bull, but a lot longer than just the first grade.:devil:

Snyder_TigerFan
09-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Only because I used to live in Sweetwater, Hop. :D (I went to 1st grade there).

Originally posted by DaHop72
Me too Bull, but a lot longer than just the first grade.:devil:
I guess we all 3 have something in common.:)

Macarthur
09-27-2006, 02:11 PM
IP doesn't belong there, yet, but since the second half of the Wylie game, they have been getting better and better.

I think Burk probably belongs in that 9-11 range.

Technoredneck
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Only because I used to live in Sweetwater, Hop. :D (I went to 1st grade there). Boy. that sure explains alot!

SideBurnWillie
09-27-2006, 02:33 PM
replaced by anthony and tornillo. now you have a reason to gripe.

Where did you get your info? I don't see them anywhere.

Odis
09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I hate to say it but Burkburnett will probably whip our hineys this year. This sucks because anybody who knows the Burk fans know they are the worlds worst "winners". You can whip their butt year after year but if they beat you once they still talk about it ten years later like it was just this season!!!!

mustang04
09-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Then stop bringing it up...tell your fellow Sourwater fans to stop nagging Decatur like yall are better than us. In 2006, Decatur owned you and you wont take that away. Maybe Sourwater will be more talented next year and try a little harder huh?;)

man with that attitude, im glad to say we beat yall my junior year in the playoffs when yall were undefeated and so sure to stop our 'one-dimensional' team:D :D

like i said tho...good luck eagles on yalls goal to state!

its_n_D_water
09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
SOURWATER MUSTANGS!!!

Thats funny... its like being in the 1st grade again.......uh ...let me see.....Big Fat Bathtub..... :P