PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Playoff Scenarios

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-07-2002, 10:00 PM
I've updated some of these to reflect the scores that i've found on Friday.

25-3A - Burnet won the district title outright last night, and is the Div. 1 representative. Liberty Hill finished a very respectable 2nd and will be the top seed in Div. 2. And by virtue of their win over Llano, Bandera clinched 3rd in district and will be the lower seed in Div. 2.

26-3A - La Vernia has the district title wrapped up and will be the higher seed in Div. 2. Somerset has also clinched a spot and will be Div. 1. Now here's the big mess. Poteet has already finished their district schedule with a 3-3 record. Three teams currently have 2-3 records, Lytle, Jourdanton, and Marion. Lytle and Marion play each other tomorrow and it's basically winner still in the picture and loser goes home. Jourdanton plays Somerset and according to Data Poll, Jourdanton is a 21 point underdog, so it isn't likely they'll win. So at the least, there will be a tie for 3rd place and it'll have to go to point differential. Should Jourdanton beat Somerset, then it'll be a 3-way tie for 3rd.

27-3A - We have a 3-way tie for the district title here. Gonzalez, Cuero, and Yoakum all won their games last night (although i've seen conflicting 35-8 scores with Cuero and Luling) but i'm assuming Cuero won. Gonzalez is in Div. 1, Cuero and Yoakum in Div. 2. I believe they determine the seeding via head to head, which means Cuero will be the top seed in Div. 2 with Yoakum as the lower seed. (IF ANYONE COULD CLEAR THAT UP FOR ME I'D APPRECIATE IT MUCH)

28-3A - Wharton and Rice Consolidated are district co-champions. Wharton is in Div. 1 with Rice the top seed in Div. 2. And Edna is in the playoffs with their win over Needville and will be the lower seed in Div. 2.

29-3A - Devine beat Hondo last night to win the district title. Devine will be top seed in Div. 2, and Hondo is in as well. Now, Crystal City needed to win over Cotulla to get in....Cotulla won. Which means we have a tie for 3rd right now. I still haven't found a score for the Carrizo Springs/Pearsall game, but if Carrizo Springs won, then we have a 3-way tie for 3rd. I'll keep looking for a score.

30-3A - Sinton is the district champion and will be Div. 1. Aransas Pass finished 2nd, and has gained top seed in Div. 2. CC West Oso finished 3rd in district and will be the lower Div. 2 seed.

31-3A - Orange Grove clinched the district title last night, and is the top seed in Div. 2. Bishop finishes 2nd and is the lower Div. 2 seed. Falfurrias finished 3rd in district and is the Div. 1 representative.

32-3A - Port Isabel is the district champion and top seed in Div. 2. Raymondville finished 2nd, and will be the lower Div. 2 seed. And by virtue of their win over Lyford last night, La Feria is in the playoffs, and will be the Div. 1 representative.

If anyone can help me with the point differentials for the districts that may end up needing them, i'd appreciate it much.

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

sinton66
11-07-2002, 10:12 PM
The ONLY way Mathis can get in is West Oso must lose to Ingleside, which is unlikely. The Mathis/Sinton game is meaningless. In fact, Mitchell talked about resting everyone he can in this week's local paper. Sinton fans agree it's the smart thing to do. If Mathis & West Oso both lose, then Mathis would be in from a 3 way tie breaker. Either way, West Oso must lose for Mathis to get in.

<small>[ November 08, 2002, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Moving this to the top of the list so that others may see it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Moving this back up top again so people can see the updates that i've added for those who clinched playoff spots last night.