PDA

View Full Version : Leinart to start?

BTEXDAD
09-26-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't think this was posted yet.
I've also heard VY would start in two weeks. Game after cowboys vs titans. Other rumor that VY wouldn't start till Houston comes to TN in 8th game if team is still floundering.

TEMPE, Ariz. - Matt Leinart in the lineup for Kurt Warner? It will happen Sunday when the Arizona Cardinals play the Atlanta Falcons in Glendale, Ariz., ESPN reported Monday.

Cardinals coach Dennis Green didn't say the rookie would replace the struggling veteran for Arizona's next game, but he didn't dismiss the possibility Monday.

"I don't talk personnel on Monday," Green said. "We'll start looking at things and have a staff meeting and take it from there."

Green's noncommittal comments came in the wake of Warner's awful performance in Sunday's 16-14 home loss to the St. Louis Rams. The 35-year-old quarterback was intercepted three times — once with the team at the Rams 1-yard line and another at the St. Louis 14.

To cap it off, Warner fumbled a snap at the Rams 18 with 1:46 to play as Arizona was positioning itself for a winning field goal.

Warner's turnovers are what changed Green's mind about starting his first-round draft pick, according to the ESPN report.

When asked if he remained committed to Warner, Green said, "You know what? I've not thought about who the starting players are right now. ... Normally personnel is something we do on Tuesday."

Hardly an endorsement for Warner heading into a game with Atlanta.

Warner has fumbled five times, losing two of them, and thrown four interceptions in the last two games.

Players weren't available for interviews on Monday, but Warner was asked about the possibility of losing his job after Sunday's loss.

"I'll let coach Green make that decision," he said. "Of course I know what I would do, but that's not my decision to make."

Warner and center Alex Stepanovich have had problems with the snap at times, even in pregame warm-ups. Although he was seen jawing at his center after the fumble, Warner told reporters the snap was good.

"I did my assignment," Stepanovich said, "and the next thing I know the ball is on the ground."

Bull19
09-26-2006, 09:52 PM
I JUST SAW ON ESPNNEWS THAT WARNER IS STILL STARTING SUNDAY AS IS COLLINS. HOWEVER, THIS IS ONLY TUESDAY AND ALOT CAN CHANGE BETWEEN NOW AND SUNDAY

Emerson1
09-26-2006, 09:53 PM
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/kp5insd/th_CapsLock.jpg

Bull19
09-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/kp5insd/th_CapsLock.jpg

ITS MY TRADEMARK. UR JUST JEALOUS U DIDNT THINK OF IT FIRST!!!!

NateDawg39
09-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ITS MY TRADEMARK. UR JUST JEALOUS U DIDNT THINK OF IT FIRST!!!! Your not the first to try it...they all give in at some point.

Bull's-eye
09-26-2006, 10:06 PM
His computer only types in CAPS. :D

Bull19
09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Your not the first to try it...they all give in at some point.

WANNA MAKE A BET I CAN STAND THE TEST OF TIME????