PDA

View Full Version : Oreck Vacuums

Blastoderm55
09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Anyone own one? I had a guy just stop by asking me if I'd like to take over the Beeville territory as the exclusive providers of Oreck vacuums and accessories. How much better a vacuum is it as compared to one of the plastic pieces you buy at a big box store? Have they lasted pretty long? Would YOU buy one? Input is appreciated. :)

BTEXDAD
09-26-2006, 01:11 PM
with your BS you would make a good salesman, blast.

Seriously, wife and I bought Kirby some years back. The expensive ones, Kirby, Rainbow, Oreck better than cheap ones, but not enough better to justify price IMO.

Blastoderm55
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
with your BS you would make a good salesman, blast.

Seriously, wife and I bought Kirby some years back. The expensive ones, Kirby, Rainbow, Oreck better than cheap ones, but not enough better to justify price IMO.

My BS. :(

We had a Kirby once. The thing cost like $1500. The Orecks aren't nearly as expensive (highest model is $759 w/21 yr warranty), but they also don't have as many features as the Kirby. That thing was pretty impressive.

GreenMonster
09-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Well, as a business deal I have to say go for it. You get free advertising all over TV and in newspapers nation-wide. The mark-up on them have got to be decent as well because I know that the Wichita Falls Oreck dealer has it's own building. All they sell is Oreck products and it has been paying the rent on some prime frontage for about 10 years now. As far as quality goes, I think it might be a little bit better than a Hoover, but not much. I've had both. Oreck is lighter but that doesn't make it any more manuverable in my opinion. Durability they run neck and neck. The Oreck make have a better suck factor, I've never bothered to check. In my personal opinion they are over priced for what you get. Would I jump if the opportunity came about for me to be the only dealer in the area, YOU BET.

Blastoderm55
09-26-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd be the only dealer in at least a 30 mile radius, possibly 50. The most attractive aspect is that the Oreck brand CANNOT be found in big box retailers. Even people who don't come in to buy a vacuum will come in to pickup a bag or a belt or other accessory, all of which have handsome margins. As for the advertising, the company will match my co-op dollar as high as I want to go, effectively turning my $100 newspaper or radio ad into a $200 ad. The only drawback is the high minimum pieces to begin flooring.

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
They suck. But isnt that what they are supposed to do?

Blastoderm55
09-26-2006, 01:32 PM
If I decide to carry them, I'll be painting that on my building.

"OUR VACUUMS SUCK!"

:D

SWMustang
09-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Well, as a business deal I have to say go for it. You get free advertising all over TV and in newspapers nation-wide. The mark-up on them have got to be decent as well because I know that the Wichita Falls Oreck dealer has it's own building. All they sell is Oreck products and it has been paying the rent on some prime frontage for about 10 years now. As far as quality goes, I think it might be a little bit better than a Hoover, but not much. I've had both. Oreck is lighter but that doesn't make it any more manuverable in my opinion. Durability they run neck and neck. The Oreck make have a better suck factor, I've never bothered to check. In my personal opinion they are over priced for what you get. Would I jump if the opportunity came about for me to be the only dealer in the area, YOU BET.

you're a man of many talents GM. That was quite a write up on vacuums. Maybe you should have done a little more research on the suck factor :D

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
If I decide to carry them, I'll be painting that on my building.

"OUR VACUUMS SUCK!"

:D

:thumbsup:

DU_stud04
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
show me a vacuum that is better than a shop-vac and ill buy you a slurpee, those things are amazing, i love them. ive got one in the dorm, best vacuum ive ever owned

CenTexSports
09-26-2006, 02:47 PM
My wife and I have been married 28 years and we have had a number of units. She loves her Orreck and she doesn't like anything (except her grandkids and her Orreck).