PDA

View Full Version : Should Burnet root for Zapata or Sinton?

PAINTBALL
11-20-2003, 12:08 PM
With the new rules, Sinton would get the choice of stadium without a toss this year if both Burnet and Sinton wins. There have been rumors of Victoria and the Alamo dome. Athough the Alamo dome is close enough to allow fan travel, it has bad memories to the Burnet players' and fans. There is no way we can enter that stadium without reliving Cory's injury.

Although we would get the opportunity to win a toss if both Burnet and Zapata win, if Burnet lost the toss, we would have to travel about 7-8 hours. Even if the coaches agreed on half way, the travel would still be 3-5 hours.

Burnet has never played Zapata in my memory. Burnet and Sinton are familiar with each other, having played just last year and both teams are still under the same coaches and still run the same offenses and defenses.

I haven't decided who to root for. Has any other Burnet fans made this decision yet. I know it doesn't matter and Burnet will be ready to play whoever wins after they beat Wharton, but I usually try to decide before a game who I would want to win and I can't do so on this game.

BIG19
11-20-2003, 12:12 PM
I for one am going for Sinton! Go Pirates!

espn1
11-20-2003, 12:27 PM
I have to go with Sinton also! I 've always admired the Pirates.

Old Dog
11-20-2003, 12:28 PM
Good memories of the Sinton folks....gotta root for the Pirates!

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-20-2003, 12:30 PM
Sinton for sure!!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

footballgal
11-20-2003, 12:36 PM
For Zapata, as Sinton has too much playoff experience, which helps a lot at this level of play Zapata doesn’t, so it’s to Burnet’s advantage to play Zapata over Sinton. Unless, they get overconfident and things get crazy. But Sinton will very likely win this one, so Burnet will get them.

LowDownDawg
11-20-2003, 12:55 PM
To be honest, I don't think Burnet cares who they play. They just want to be able to play. Take one at a time, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Ozzy
11-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Sinton and Burnet agreed to play at San Marcos last year. Therefore, if these 2 play, it will be up to a coin toss once again. I understand that Sinton doesn't want to play in the Alamodome, so look for the game to be in Corpus or the Austin area. If Burnet plays Zapata, look for a 12 noon game Friday at the Alamodome.

pirateman98
11-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I really hope for a Sinton vs. Burnet rematch. I want to see these two teams go at it again. I enjoyed the game last year and if we meet again, I will enjoy it again. Reguardless of what happen this week and next, the two teams I will cheer will be Sinton first and Burnet. Good Luck to both teams this week and hope to see you guys again next week. Both have business to take care of this week. GO PIRATES AND BULLDOGS!!

sinton66
11-20-2003, 01:26 PM
Why wouldn't Sinton play in the Alamodome? We've played there before, so it wouldn't be a big deal to any of us. Hard to believe San Marcos was an agreed neutral site. Halfway would have been Seguin maybe. San Marcos is MUCH closer to Burnet.
If Sinton and Burnet both win, I figure it's gonna be Victoria again. Could be wrong, have been once before.

pirate4state
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM
sinton66:
Why wouldn't Sinton play in the Alamodome? We've played there before, so it wouldn't be a big deal to any of us. Hard to believe San Marcos was an agreed neutral site. Halfway would have been Seguin maybe. San Marcos is MUCH closer to Burnet.
If Sinton and Burnet both win, I figure it's gonna be Victoria again. Could be wrong, have been once before.I don't care where we play, as long as we're still playing. AND, I just hope the game is on Saturday. GO PIRATES GO!!!

zippy
11-20-2003, 02:24 PM
I will be rooting for Sinton, for no other reason than I think they are a classy program, with classy fans.

olddog73
11-20-2003, 06:07 PM
I will be pulling for Sinton, their team and their fans were a total class act last year. (Besides, I don't want to be in Rio Grande City after dark!) wink wink

lv2937
11-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Ozzy:
Sinton and Burnet agreed to play at San Marcos last year. Therefore, if these 2 play, it will be up to a coin toss once again. I understand that Sinton doesn't want to play in the Alamodome, so look for the game to be in Corpus or the Austin area. If Burnet plays Zapata, look for a 12 noon game Friday at the Alamodome.no coin toss if we play sinton. new uil rule. we won the toss last year so sinton wins the toss this year. roumors i have heard is if we play sinton, it will be friday 12 noon in the alamo dome.

lv2937
11-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Ozzy:
Sinton and Burnet agreed to play at San Marcos last year. Therefore, if these 2 play, it will be up to a coin toss once again. I understand that Sinton doesn't want to play in the Alamodome, so look for the game to be in Corpus or the Austin area. If Burnet plays Zapata, look for a 12 noon game Friday at the Alamodome.no coin toss if we play sinton. new uil rule. we won the toss last year so sinton wins the toss this year. roumors i have heard is if we play sinton, it will be friday 12 noon in the alamo dome.

dawg03
11-20-2003, 06:28 PM
I am for Sinton! GO PIRATES

3ahunter2k4
11-20-2003, 06:39 PM
root for burnet until you get past your wharton.

weatherag07
11-20-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm for Sinton. But it's sure be nice to have the game on Saturday instead of Friday.

sinfan75
11-20-2003, 10:43 PM
sinton66:
If Sinton and Burnet both win, I figure it's gonna be Victoria again. Could be wrong, have been once before.Don't think Sinton ever played in the Alamo Dome,unless I had one to many brews that day and didn't make it.Do remember em playin at Alamo Stadium a couple times though.

sinton 1316
11-20-2003, 10:46 PM
zapata's a good team, lets make sure we get past them b4 we start talking about who plays who and where

olddog73
11-21-2003, 12:25 AM
sinton 1316:
zapata's a good team, lets make sure we get past them b4 we start talking about who plays who and whereThose are words to live by, Burnet still has a game to win down in Victoria this weekend. I doubt very seriously that Coach Shipley is concerned where we play next week. Hopefully we will be able to talk to you Sinton guys next week about where we will being playing. Good luck in Laredo!

poncho
11-21-2003, 12:35 AM
Sinton

bc 76
11-21-2003, 12:42 AM
Paintball you better worry about Wharton first because you might be saying where is Sinton and Wharton going to play next week.