PDA

View Full Version : UT Fans we have to beware of SHSU!

Phil C
09-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I have seen other threads and some are even already looking ahead to OU next week. :eek: :(
Please beware. We must stay focused. Those in Austin support our team and encourage them. This game isn't going to be a Halloween carnival. We must be ready. We can worry about OU next week.
SHSU almost won the semis in division 2 football 2 years ago. And I have already told you how dangerous Hicks and Bomar are. Hicks led Bandera to the State Championship in Division 2 3A in 2002. That increases the risk.

Also other things not pointed out is that some of the SHSU players would possible make the UT third or fourth string and these guys have got to play and gel together as a team which makes it more dangerous indeed. Very Scary indeed.
Just look at this year. They have already scored 38 points in one game this year and have not lost since the first "official" day of fall this year.
Don't forget they scored 14 points against powerful SMU this year. Remember SMU has had great teams in the past and been highly ranked and was at one time ranked No. 1 in 1950. Very scary indeed!

So let's not look ahead and stay focused! We must be confident but also cautious, careful and calm.

Don't be discouraged though. If we play well we can win this game. Go Horns! Beat the Kats! Hook 'em!

Phil C
09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
More risk indeed is that some of our starters won't be able to play this week and are being saved. This includes Brian Robinson. Very risky indeed. But don't be discouraged. I am sure the replacements will do well as long as they are focused and ready.

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 10:41 AM
thanks for that Phil. I needed something to get me going this morning...

Bearkat
09-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

SHSU almost won the semis in division 2 football 2 years ago.

SHSU doesn't play division 2 football. They play division 1AA, or whatever the new name is.

spiveyrat
09-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Is Bomar even playing yet? If not, when does he start?

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Go Kats!

KTJ
09-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Phil....please man.

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Is Bomar even playing yet? If not, when does he start?

I don't think word has come down from the NCAA on Blomar yet!

pirate4state
09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I have seen other threads and some are even already looking ahead to OU next week. :eek: :(
Please beware. We must stay focused. Those in Austin support our team and encourage them. This game isn't going to be a Halloween carnival. We must be ready. We can worry about OU next week.
SHSU almost won the semis in division 2 football 2 years ago. And I have already told you how dangerous Hicks and Bomar are. Hicks led Bandera to the State Championship in Division 2 3A in 2002. That increases the risk.

Also other things not pointed out is that some of the SHSU players would possible make the UT third or fourth string and these guys have got to play and gel together as a team which makes it more dangerous indeed. Very Scary indeed.
Just look at this year. They have already scored 38 points in one game this year and have not lost since the first "official" day of fall this year.
Don't forget they scored 14 points against powerful SMU this year. Remember SMU has had great teams in the past and been highly ranked and was at one time ranked No. 1 in 1950. Very scary indeed!

So let's not look ahead and stay focused! We must be confident but also cautious, careful and calm.

Don't be discouraged though. If we play well we can win this game. Go Horns! Beat the Kats! Hook 'em!

I think I'll print this out and keep it by my side as I prepare to watch this game! :nerd: :D

Txbroadcaster
09-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Phil..please tell me you laugh as you post topics like these...The SHSU team that went deep in the play-offs a few years ago was a senior laden team...they now have a different coaching staff, system, and no one from that team.

Texas can name its score in this game..I personally think it will be 55-0 with Texas playing very vanilla and working alot of back-ups

j_dog
09-26-2006, 01:51 PM

Phil, Good try at making this seem like a real game! :p :D

I particularly like that "powerful SMU" plug you made. :)

But, to play along, I will wait to congratulate you on the victory until the win is official. ;)

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
lol

maroonpunt
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
i believe bandera won in it 2000, the year before we played for it in 2001 cause they beat us...

bulldogman06
09-26-2006, 04:16 PM
nope, we won it in '02, but we went to the semis in '01 and the quarters in '00.

AggieJohn
09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
i think there is more risk in you hurting yourself in researching those stats than in the longhorns losing

District303aPastPlayer
09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
nope, we won it in '02, but we went to the semis in '01 and the quarters in '00.

fall 00 ya'll were in the state semi's... my senior season, we lost to BHS in Alamo Stadium

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Coach Mack Brown agrees with me on SHSU. He is quoted as saying when asked about UT playing a Division 1AA school "There is a lot of parody in college football."

Exactly my point. Teams are good and there is a thin difference between the winners and losers in most cases.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:26 AM
The thing is we have to take care of SHSU first. Then we can worry about Oklahoma.

KTJ
09-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Phil, please man.

I like you but even you know this is garbage.

Phil C
09-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Phil, please man.

I like you but even you know this is garbage.

KTJ this was a quote from our coach though.

KTJ
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM

It was coachspeak.

This will be a scrimmage. Albeit, a chance to play some of our unexperienced players.

SideBurnWillie
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM

And this was a quote from the fans. :confused: :confused: What is up with this.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2006/longhornsof3.jpg

KTJ
09-28-2006, 11:58 AM
^^^

Please tell me you know a photoshopped pic when you see it.

SideBurnWillie
09-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
^^^

Please tell me you know a photoshopped pic when you see it.

LOL That S does look a little funny.

wordonthastreet
09-28-2006, 12:17 PM
We don't have to beware of SHSU. We'll beat them like a stepchild and our starters will be resting on the bench by halftime.
Thats the word on the street.

Adidas410s
09-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Coach Mack Brown agrees with me on SHSU. He is quoted as saying when asked about UT playing a Division 1AA school "There is a lot of parody in college football."

Exactly my point. Teams are good and there is a thin difference between the winners and losers in most cases.

Phil...I believe it was also you that said that some of the SHSU players could even be 3rd or 4th string players at Texas! :thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
09-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...I believe it was also you that said that some of the SHSU players could even be 3rd or 4th string players at Texas! :thumbsup:

Phil must be smoking some crack. SHSU players might make the practice squad. . .I don't know if they'd get to suit up.....

Bandera YaYa
09-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
fall 00 ya'll were in the state semi's... my senior season, we lost to BHS in Alamo Stadium I was at that game!!!! I love that old stadium!!!!! :D

Bandera YaYa
09-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Brett Hicks will be starting this game(got that from his mama) and I'm as proud as punch.....Brett is a good kid that I've known for a long time...he sure deserves to have his day in the spotlight. I wish him all the best and I will be watching him and his efforts against the Longhorns......WAY TO GO BRETT!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
09-29-2006, 01:23 PM

-----

par‧o‧dy  /ˈpærədi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[par-uh-dee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy‧ing.

–noun
1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.
–verb (used with object) 7. to imitate (a composition, author, etc.) for purposes of ridicule or satire.
8. to imitate poorly or feebly; travesty.

-----

par‧i‧ty1  /ˈpærɪti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[par-i-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
1. equality, as in amount, status, or character.
2. equivalence; correspondence; similarity; analogy.