PDA

View Full Version : How bad will it be for SHSU

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Will the Bearkats be completely jacked for this one and keep it interesting for a half or a quarter?

KindaCool
09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
i think all the less competitive teams that play UT, such as shsu, unt, etc, will give the horns a solid first quarter, you know they are pumped to be playing the defending national champs - then reality eventually kicks in and the horns roll.....

Tx Challenge
09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
I dont know why Texas even schedules these games. What can they gain?

From a SHSU standpoint, it gives them lots of exposure and revenue.

EricDraven
09-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Well, SMU rolled over SHSU. So, I'm guessing, Texas is a little bit better than the Mustangs. I'm going to say 42-0 Texas.....at the half. Final may be rated R and not fit for the viewing of women and young children.

Phil C
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
You should have had the choice of SHSU pulls the shocker of an upset. I don't think it will happen especially since I am working hard to get all the UT fans out of the looking ahead to OU mold.

Bearkat
09-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I think the KATS can stay in the game for a quarter. I see it being 17-3 at the end of the first. Texas will wear us down after that. It's going to get U-G-L-Y!!! What's worse is that SHSU is only getting $275,000 for this game. I guess UT can't afford much more since they paid for that monster jumbo-thron.

Phil C
09-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I think the KATS can stay in the game for a quarter. I see it being 17-3 at the end of the first. Texas will wear us down after that. It's going to get U-G-L-Y!!! What's worse is that SHSU is only getting $275,000 for this game. I guess UT can't afford much more since they paid for that monster jumbo-thron.

Yes times are hard Bearkat. :(

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

ROFL...good one! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
09-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

on a more serious note...I did hear DeLoss Dodds on the radio during the weather delay Saturday saying that they still need another $6 million for the $9 million in renovations being done at Disch-Falk. Man the phone lines Phil...

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 10:56 AM
the way the texas defense is playin I dont think that SHSU even sniffs the endzone until the 4th quarter.

3afan
09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I dont know why Texas even schedules these games. What can they gain?

From a SHSU standpoint, it gives them lots of exposure and revenue.

cause it beats an off week which is what the alternative was for UT

Bearkat
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
on a more serious note...I did hear DeLoss Dodds on the radio during the weather delay Saturday saying that they still need another $6 million for the $9 million in renovations being done at Disch-Falk. Man the phone lines Phil...

What are they doing to the Disch?

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
What are they doing to the Disch?
I think they are redoing it almost completely. The stadium is old and ut of date. The seating needs changed to make the game more fun for those in attendance and aesthetically it looks like hammered crap. The best program in the nation deserves better than that. I would liek to see them go all grass too i dont know for sure if that is in the works or not.

KTJ
09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
cause it beats an off week which is what the alternative was for UT

Mack didn't schedule this. He didn't want it. DeLoss did this on his own.

I'm pretty sure he did it to get more money for the Stadium Renovation/Expansion.

Bull19
09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I'VE GOT THE KATS WINNING THIS ONE IN A THRILLER. 38-35

injuredinmelee
09-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
I'VE GOT THE KATS WINNING THIS ONE IN A THRILLER. 38-35

can you hook me up with your dealer? Cause you got to be smokin something!!! lol

Bull19
09-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
can you hook me up with your dealer? Cause you got to be smokin something!!! lol

YOU MAKE IT SOUND LIKE I WAS MAKING A JOKE. IM BEING SERIOUS

j_dog
09-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
I dont know why Texas even schedules these games. What can they gain? ....
Easy. They gain MONEY. A very small payout vs. playing a big name school. And UT does not have to reciprocate with a game at Sam. And with all the season tickets already sold, it makes little difference to UT gate receipts.

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Hurricane Katrina bad.

GreenMachine
09-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Mighty bearkats 42 longhorns 2. Longhorns score a late safety on bearkats 3rd string quarterback. :D

WestTXLonghorn
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Mack didn't schedule this. He didn't want it. DeLoss did this on his own.

I'm pretty sure he did it to get more money for the Stadium Renovation/Expansion.

Hey. . .try and think before you speak. Deloss Dodds WANTED to schedule a big time team. He's been having Whorley call all around the nation trying to hook up some nice OOC for the Horns but people keep turning him down. In the BCS age of college football even 1 loss can severely hurt your chances of a BCS game and the huge payout that goes with it. Thus, teams are scared to schedule good competition.

I know specifically that we asked USC for a home and home and we got turned down. They took Nebraska instead. In fact, Whorley called somewhere in the range of SEVENTY D-1 schools asking for a game and he got nada.

So. . .no, it isn't our fault that we have to play the Bearkats.