PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech AT Texas A&M CF

whtfbplaya
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
If anyone wanted to say anything objective about the game. This is my opinion of how it plays out.

Tech will have trouble with the A&M offense, and A&M will have trouble with the Tech offense. Defense wins this one. 45-38.

I can't see tech dropping 5 passes in the game, the average drops against A&M this year. However, Tech will have to run the ball to win.

Pen might also play a huge role in the outcome, A&M has to stay away from the stupid 15's.

QB-A&M
RB-A&M
REC-TT
DL-A&M
LB-WASH
SEC-TT
K/P-A&M
disipline-TT
coach-TT
Kyle-A&M

Could be the best game in the small 12 this week. Ill be there!

bulldogman06
09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
At Kyle Field, how can you not pick the aggies?

pirate44
09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
At Kyle Field, how can you not pick the aggies?
the last aggie game i went to, tech stomped a hole in 'em at Kyle field

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2006, 06:03 PM
With Hicks back, the receiving corp will be much stronger. Harrell has to step it up from what I witnessed in the TCU game, though.

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
i'm gonna pick tech in this one, but it' snot going to be a blowout

bulldogman06
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Aggiejohn, oh ye of little faith

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Aggiejohn, oh ye of little faith i think we are a good team, good enought to beat OU and NEbraska, but i don't see us winning this one

bulldogman06
09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
If we play our game, we can win. we just cannot turn it over or get stupid penalties

Sweetwater96
09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
My pick is A&M. I think the Aggies will pull this out in a close game. I've been impressed with Stephen McGee. Both QB's going into the game are green, but I think the Aggie running game and playing at Kyle Field will be key. I am concerned that A&M has struggled with Tech but I've gotta believe.

GIG'EM!

GreenMachine
09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I hope the Aggies win, but i'm concerned about their "D"... as always. :helpme:

wedo
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech by 21!! Only b/c A&M has not played a decent team yet!! Tech played a very good TCu team

3afan
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
I think aTm wins a close one ...

Old Tiger
09-25-2006, 07:41 PM
At Kyle Field, how can you not pick the aggies? Kyle field isn't so intimidating these days :rolleyes:

Emerson1
09-25-2006, 07:41 PM
It doesn't even sell out anymore.

11TARPON
09-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech by 21

bulldogman06
09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

It will definitely sell out for this game, and we had like 75,000 at the citadel game, I mean Citadel? cant wait to see how many are there for this one

texas'10
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Do not know much about either team this year, I would say Tech from past experience, how are the ags this year?

un b weavable
09-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Not even close. The past two weeks they've been putting people on every other row in the third deck to make it look more full.

Bullaholic
09-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
With Hicks back, the receiving corp will be much stronger. Harrell has to step it up from what I witnessed in the TCU game, though.

LHPM---I'd almost bet the farm that Harrell got the--"Son, do you know how many good QB's are waiting to play QB for me?" do-better speech from Leach.

wedo
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
LHPM---I'd almost bet the farm that Harrell got the--"Son, do you know how many good QB's are waiting to play QB for me?" do-better speech from Leach.

A&M will get out coached in this one!! Fran is the Aggies achilles heel!! Just like Tech gets out coached when they play Texas !!!

A&M has good talent not great or not coached to be great!! They should be competing better than they are!! 4-0 yes! But Look at the schedule !! Almost as bad as West Virginia!!!

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 10:46 PM
It will definitely sell out for this game, and we had like 75,000 at the citadel game, I mean Citadel? cant wait to see how many are there for this one it WILL not sell out....83 bucks a ticket for general admission....

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm sure he also got the "pretty boy" speech. MAN! I only saw one news thing with that comment....my mom said every night on the Lubbock stations Leach had a dressing down for them. :doh: I wonder just how good that waterboy is, anyway. :thinking:

WestTXLonghorn
09-26-2006, 04:33 AM
I can't really get a finger on Tech's football team this year. Their defense stinks every year. . .that's a given. However, usually their high powered offense scores enough that it doesn't matter.

Well. . .they play a very good TCU team and don't even score a touchdown. They then turn around and lay 62 points on some Louisiana team.

I don't think the Aggies are very good this year and I think their schedule so far has covered their butts. However, their defense does look improved. . .even tho that isn't saying a whole lot when your pass D was dead last a year ago, etc. Stephen McGee is looking really good running the ball and throwing. . .and of course Japorky is pounding it up in there with some success.

Honestly, I think ATM can slow Tech's QB down enough to make this game close. I also don't see Tech's defense completely stopping McGee and Japorky.

Prediction which means absolutely nothing and will probably be completely wrong:

ATM: 28
Tech: 24

Franochino squeaks out another win. . .rallies his fanatical fan base. . .and rolls on into next week against Kansas with a lot of momentum.

g$$
09-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Believe it or not, I actually agree with the assessment above by West TX. Of course I will root for the Ags, but what I see is 2 teams who will have trouble stopping the other. Maybe home field helps out in the end. I do not think Tech is as explosive offensively this year. WR Hicks does help them now that he's eligible, but Harrell can be rattled. A&M can score some points, & they will give some up too on defense. Ags in a close one at home.

A&M 30
Tech 27

But A&M still has a multitude of problems, & Fran is still on the hot seat. What happens in November will go a long way towards determining his fate.

raider red 2000
09-26-2006, 08:25 AM
i think that TECH puts up major points this week. 49.

the main difference is that TECH's best WR is back. i dont think that TECH wins if they dont have him, but they do.

i think that ATM will be slowed down....not shut down...but slowed down. they porobably score 31. with most of that coming in the 2nd half.

final TECH- 49.............. atm machine- 31

i will be there in red and black and getting my wife mad....she is a wanna be aggie :)

raider red 2000
09-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by wedo
A&M will get out coached in this one!! Fran is the Aggies achilles heel!! Just like Tech gets out coached when they play Texas !!!

i dont think that mack out coaches leach.....i know that mack does out recruit him though.

g$$
09-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Agreed. Somehow having great talent seems to make guys better coaches!! Mack also surrounds himself with fine coaches - like all the good ones do. He is the CEO of the operation. He delegates & lets his coaches do their jobs.

raider red 2000
09-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed. Somehow having great talent seems to make guys better coaches!! Mack also surrounds himself with fine coaches - like all the good ones do. He is the CEO of the operation. He delegates & lets his coaches do their jobs.

g-$$ much agreed. personally i think that mack is a used car salesman....but a darn good one. he sells those great athletes on going to austin and gets them to buy into the program. mack does a great job of finding coaches that are good at their jobs.

mack could make a great politician someday...if he wanted to take a huge pay cut :)

mrescape43
09-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech wins this one by 10 or more.

KTJ
09-26-2006, 08:38 AM
It will definitely sell out for this game, and we had like 75,000 at the citadel game, I mean Citadel? cant wait to see how many are there for this one

^^^
There really is no correlation to selling 75,000 for The Citadel and the Tech game possibly selling out. If it does sell out, I think you can thank Texas Tech for that.

I like Tech in this game. Partially because Mike Leach is upset and partially because A&M hasn't played anyone then almost lost to Army. A&M hasn't really played anyone for you to get a grasp on how good/bad their team is.

Either way, this should be a good game.

He delegates & lets his coaches do their jobs.

That's half true. While he is the CEO, Mack actually coaches the players, calls plays, and overrides decisions as he sees fit. Bobby Bowden, on the other hand, is exactly what you just described.

wedo
09-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i dont think that mack out coaches leach.....i know that mack does out recruit him though.

Thats where i was getting at! He out coaches everyone else b/c he has some of the best asst. coaches "Gene Chizek"

KTJ
09-26-2006, 08:50 AM
g-$$ much agreed. personally i think that mack is a used car salesman....but a darn good one. he sells those great athletes on going to austin and gets them to buy into the program. mack does a great job of finding coaches that are good at their jobs.

mack could make a great politician someday...if he wanted to take a huge pay cut :)

I love it when people use the "used car salesman" lable for Mack. It makes it sound as if he's dirty and slimy. But he isn't so why use that monniker?

:confused:

greenpride
09-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech will win this game easily. Not that they are that good, but A&M looks out of sorts. Too young and thin in the secondary, too slow in the LB core. Tech will pass, pass, pass, no punt, pass some more. A&M does not have enough secondary people to stay on the field for all afternoon. When the radio show here in town says that the best DB is a RSFreshman, it shows the youngness of the group. Maybe they will prove me wrong with the aggie nation behind them, if they show up.

raider red 2000
09-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I love it when people use the "used car salesman" lable for Mack. It makes it sound as if he's dirty and slimy. But he isn't so why use that monniker?

:confused:

sorry he is a new car salesman. :) just kidding.

he is not dirty and slimey. he makes too much money and is on TV too much to be dirty :)

i have thought that since he 1st came to UT.

g$$
09-26-2006, 09:36 AM
1. Bobby Bowden used to coach a whole bunch. Not anymore, but he is almost 80 yrs. old. And look what has happened to FSU since they lost OC Mark Richt (Georgia) & others.

2. All big-time D1 coaches delegate if they are worth their salt. They do make some calls & override some too. But their time is so limited with media commitments, etc. that they are USUALLY not as involved in game planning on both sides of the ball. Football has become very specialized, different packages, etc. There are exceptions, like Spurrier & a few others. Mack made his name as an OC - he has Greg Davis for that now & one of the best young minds in the game in Gene Chizik as DC. Why do you think Joe Gibbs gave up calling plays w/ the Redskins?

3. A&M did not have 75K for Citadel; more like around 70K. Had 68K last week w/ the weather. It may sell-out this weekend, but tix are very high & it's on tv. Close call & depending on walk-up. Aggie fans are frustrated w/ Fran, myself included. 1 sell-out last year (Texas) & zero the year before (Tech & OU were close). Athletic department lost $6 million last year, so they raise ticket prices & still can't sell-out regularly. Huh?

4. Agree w/ greenpride's assessment of the defense. Team speed is nowhere near the Wrecking Crew days. And this version of the 4-2-5 is a passive, bend but don't break deal. Most of the athletes are now on offense, just the opposite of the old days (Roper, Glenn, Wallace, Thomas, etc.). Fran coaches offense, remember that, so it is no coincidence. Les Koenig is OC in title only.

5. Bring your spikes - it will be a track meet at Kyle Field.

Macarthur
09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by greenpride
Tech will win this game easily. Not that they are that good, but A&M looks out of sorts.

What gives you that impression? Tech hasn't been out of sorts?

Too young and thin in the secondary, too slow in the LB core. Tech will pass, pass, pass, no punt, pass some more. A&M does not have enough secondary people to stay on the field for all afternoon. [/quote]

Actually, A&M has lots of DBs. Correct that they are young, but they have plenty of talent back there.

When the radio show here in town says that the best DB is a RSFreshman, it shows the youngness of the group. Maybe they will prove me wrong with the aggie nation behind them, if they show up.

Again, they are young, but they have some serious talent in the secondary, but Tech is young at QB so is it a wash?

The biggest difference in A&Ms defense this year is that they are doing very well in 3rd down conversion, which was their problem the last couple of years. They just couldn't get teams off the field.

Also, they are much improved in red zone defense.

I just think things are setting up well for A&M this year.

g$$
09-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Hope you're right, like the positive attitude. This game is important, but bigger ones are down the road. That will tell the tale come November. I just hope A&M comes out aggressive on defense, like TCU did, because if you lay back Tech will eat you up. Patterson changed his looks & totally shut down Tech's offense. He went man, zone, combinations, brought DBs off the edge, dropped lineman in zone dogs, etc. I just can't stand passive defense like Darnell has been known to play throughout his career (& he was fired at Texas, Notre Dame, & Western Michigan). Young DBs scare me against Tech. Gotta get after Harrell to have a chance. Guess we'll see how we stack up against a decent opponent.

whtfbplaya
09-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Tech is the biggest game! If you want to know why, ask.

Originally posted by g$$
Hope you're right, like the positive attitude. This game is important, but bigger ones are down the road. That will tell the tale come November. I just hope A&M comes out aggressive on defense, like TCU did, because if you lay back Tech will eat you up. Patterson changed his looks & totally shut down Tech's offense. He went man, zone, combinations, brought DBs off the edge, dropped lineman in zone dogs, etc. I just can't stand passive defense like Darnell has been known to play throughout his career (& he was fired at Texas, Notre Dame, & Western Michigan). Young DBs scare me against Tech. Gotta get after Harrell to have a chance. Guess we'll see how we stack up against a decent opponent.

KL3
09-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
the last aggie game i went to, tech stomped a hole in 'em at Kyle field

Which game was this pirate44? Niether team has won by more than 7 at Kyle Field in this series in a long time.

Also, in the last 20 years of this series, the home team is 16-4.

g$$
09-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Wharton fb:
Huh? It's the biggest game THIS WEEK. What are you saying & who did I ask? Tech is a big rival & the 1st conference game, but that's it. It is NOT the biggest game on the schedule, unless you're a Tech fan.

If you're Fran, every game right now is huge as he is fighting to keep his job. Maybe that's what you meant, I don't know.

BTW, Shrek is doing a good job on the D-line so far. Looks to have his weight under control. Hope he keeps it up.

KTJ
09-26-2006, 12:26 PM
The last 11 years, A&M is 3-8 against Texas Tech.

The overall record is 34-29-2???

There really is no "ownage" in this series. Should be interesting. I'll be drinking at the tailgate watching this game.

However, I'm still contemplating about going......
:thinking:

whtfbplaya
09-26-2006, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by g$$
Wharton fb:
Huh? It's the biggest game THIS WEEK. What are you saying & who did I ask? Tech is a big rival & the 1st conference game, but that's it. It is NOT the biggest game on the schedule, unless you're a Tech fan. Sorry buddy, obviously you did not attend, graduate or work at A&M. I've done all 3, thanks.

If you're Fran, every game right now is huge as he is fighting to keep his job. Maybe that's what you meant, I don't know.

BTW, Shrek is doing a good job on the D-line so far. Looks to have his weight under control. Hope he keeps it up. [/QUOTE

It is the biggest game, because it is this week. I have done 2 of the 3 and will soon have the 3rd completed.

g$$
09-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Good for you & best of luck. "This week", gotcha. Hope we can get it done. What I'm fearful of is that a loss could send the season into a horrific spiral. There is lots of season left. Not even October yet. That was my point. But, a win could catapult A&M into contention come November. See what happens...

wedo
09-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by g$$

BTW, Shrek is doing a good job on the D-line so far. Looks to have his weight under control. Hope he keeps it up.

Thats good news!! At least for all the haters out there that thought he was big and lazy!! Me and Shrek played ball together since we were 7 till high school !! All you shrek haters watch out b/c he is only a red shirt Freshman!!!!

raider red 2000
09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
why do yall have to call him shrek.

yall are bad for it.

i am not a fan of the aggies....but i am a fan of K Heard.

g$$
09-26-2006, 12:58 PM
That is not meant as derogatory. To my knowledge, he has gone by that nickname going back to his Wharton days. If I am wrong, then I apologize. I have heard classmates call him that. I'm glad the kid is back home playing ball & he looks to be in better shape. Best of luck to him.

wedo
09-26-2006, 01:33 PM
why do yall have to call him shrek.

yall are bad for it.

i am not a fan of the aggies....but i am a fan of K Heard.

cuz he looks like shrek!! And he doesn't take it personal !! He is full of jokes !! He would start crackin some jokes on me if he read this but its all good !!!

He is going to make an impact at A&M thats the only reason i cheer for them to beat everyone except TEXAS!!

raider red 2000
09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
i have heard him called that by people from needville and sweeny.

also, the only times i ever heard him called that by his peers was when they were "cappin" on each other. if i remember correctly he wasnt a big fan of being called that.

was it funny??? YES
but i dont think that he liked it.

the BB coach who was in Wharton and is now in CC said that Heard hated being called that.

wedo
09-26-2006, 01:40 PM
i have heard him called that by people from needville and sweeny.

also, the only times i ever heard him called that by his peers was when they were "cappin" on each other. if i remember correctly he wasnt a big fan of being called that.

was it funny??? YES
but i dont think that he liked it.

the BB coach who was in Wharton and is now in CC said that Heard hated being called that.

Yeah he don't like it !! But its funny !! And he wouldn't take offense to it especially from a peer !!!

Eagle 1
09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I think this may turn into a shootout. With Hicks back in, the offense should be firing with both barrels. GUNS UP!
http://centexfootball.infopop.cc/groupee_files/avatars/4/1/6/4166065/avatar.bmp

AggieJohn
09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
i heard he had a big old head

coach
09-27-2006, 12:46 AM
MIKE LEACH AND COMPANY BETTER BRING THEIR A GAME BC THE AGGIES are ready for them boys

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.howdy-folks.com/images/TCEH.jpg

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/ClasslessClowns/techenvelope.jpg

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 11:58 AM
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8868/poster1915371ei7.jpg

raider red 2000
09-27-2006, 12:15 PM
sure AJ- BTW we know that you wont be at the game....and that is cool.

way to suport your team. try to bash the other team to help the fAGS feel better.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
it's all in jest RR2000, and i don't have 166 bones to spurt out for tickets alone, and then to get a hotel is another 200, and gas will be about 50

400 for a weekend....can't do it right now on this mans budget

raider red 2000
09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
it's all in jest RR2000, and i don't have 166 bones to spurt out for tickets alone, and then to get a hotel is another 200, and gas will be about 50

400 for a weekend....can't do it right now on this mans budget

AJ - i understand...i am just throwin jabs back at you. nothing personal.

400 for a weekend is pretty rough.

later man.

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
AJ - i understand...i am just throwin jabs back at you. nothing personal.

400 for a weekend is pretty rough.

later man. i think is by far the big 12 game of the week, and i didn't realize you were jabbing me

raider red 2000
09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
and i didn't realize you were jabbing me

now that makes me feel bad :(

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 01:07 PM
now that makes me feel bad :( just not normal with you....

http://sports.tamu.edu/gallery/web2k4/45/IMG_5863.JPG

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 01:10 PM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3923/techposter57420548am6.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/792/postersw0.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h139/BoudreauxT/motivator9957574.jpg

http://forums.studentbonfire.com/files/poster19116948_436.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/BQ_90/poster69717776.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8129/posterdesolatelj7.jpg

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3493/bellringerkh1.gif

http://members.aol.com/rrrob19/change.gif

bulldogman06
09-27-2006, 01:15 PM
hahaha wow, wherever you get these, keep em comin

raider red 2000
09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
:)

Old Tiger
09-27-2006, 03:40 PM
If Tech wins they think they will win the Big XII.

If A&M wins they think they will win the Big XII.

Long story short, Hook 'Em Horns!

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
If Tech wins they think they will win the Big XII.

If A&M wins they think they will win the Big XII.

Long story short, Hook 'Em Horns! your probably right.....

Tweeder215
09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech wins this one...however neither team can beat OU or UT. Neither one of them has a good enough defense.

wedo
09-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Tech wins this one...however neither team can beat OU or UT. Neither one of them has a good enough defense.

Why don't i end this dispute by saying, Tech will win but............

they both suck!! One will play in the Alamo Bowl and the other in the that houston bowl !!! You know the one at releint !!!

AggieJohn
09-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Why don't i end this dispute by saying, Tech will win but............

they both suck!! One will play in the Alamo Bowl and the other in the that houston bowl !!! You know the one at releint !!! i believe it is reliant.....

raider red 2000
09-28-2006, 07:49 AM
queers in austin dont realize that the AGS ahve a better record.

i dont think that UT has shown that they are as good as the media thinks that they are.

how bad would the horns feel if they lose to OU next month and then TECH in Lubbock and then to the AGS.

no VY = AVERAGE.

BTW- good luck agaisnt SAM...way to pad the schedule ;)

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 07:56 AM
how bad would the horns feel if they lose to OU next month and then TECH in Lubbock and then to the AGS.

that probably won't happen being that they play a&m at DKR and Tech just normally folds when they play Texas

but, hypotheically, for the horns to go 8-4 this year when the ags can fart around and go 9-3 would cause some extreme backlashing by the orangebloods to Mack3

KTJ
09-28-2006, 08:10 AM

i dont think that UT has shown that they are as good as the media thinks that they are.

no VY = AVERAGE.

Uh, what?

AggieJohn
09-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Uh, what? and i called myself a homer.......:D

wedo
09-28-2006, 10:36 AM

no VY = AVERAGE.

Ok lets see how Tech matches up against Ohio State!!!!

wedo
09-28-2006, 10:47 AM

no VY = AVERAGE.

Wow the Ags have a better record !!! Don't say Texas hasn't played anyone!! I do remember A&M losing to Iowa State Last year !!!!

whtfbplaya
09-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
If anyone wanted to say anything objective about the game. This is my opinion of how it plays out.

Tech will have trouble with the A&M offense, and A&M will have trouble with the Tech offense. Defense wins this one. 45-38.

I can't see tech dropping 5 passes in the game, the average drops against A&M this year. However, Tech will have to run the ball to win.

Pen might also play a huge role in the outcome, A&M has to stay away from the stupid 15's.

QB-A&M
RB-A&M
REC-TT
DL-A&M
LB-WASH
SEC-TT
K/P-A&M
disipline-TT
coach-TT
Kyle-A&M

Could be the best game in the small 12 this week. Ill be there!

ATM TT
QB- C A
RB- B+ B-
WR- B+ A
OL- B- A
DL- C B-
LB- B- B-
SEC C- A
DIS F A
COACH F B

The stupid fifteens played a role.
433 yards, "The WC, we make heisman contenders"

whtfbplaya
09-30-2006, 07:58 PM
If you could not tell, I just fell off the fran bandwagon. Give our team right now to ANYONE! We cant even stop late hits anymore. At some point it has got to work it's way to the top. "IT's There".

big daddy russ
09-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
If you could not tell, I just fell off the fran bandwagon. Give our team right now to ANYONE! We cant even stop late hits anymore. At some point it has got to work it's way to the top. "IT's There".
The third-and-longs kept killing us until Franny finally decided to start running the ball on first down halfway through the third.