PDA

View Full Version : come on Reggie Mcneal, get new friends

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was cited at 3:05 a.m. today and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.

Thurman was stopped in the 3800 block of Kellogg Avenue in the East End after a Cincinnati Police officer saw him drive on the left side of a double yellow line.

A videotape of the traffic stop was released this morning by Cincinnati police.
ADVERTISEMENT

The officer asked Thurman to step out of the car and asked him how much he had to drink.

"I had a couple of beers,'' Thurman responded.

Thurman said he was driving because the others he was with "had more than I did.''

The officer gave Thurman a field sobriety test and put him in the back of the police cruiser.

He was brought to a checkpoint operated by the Cincinnati Police and Ohio State Patrol and submitted to a breath test.

Thurman blew a .17, which is considered a high-tier reading, said Officer Stephen Lawson of the Cincinnati Police Traffic Section. The .17 is more than double Ohio’s legal blood-alcohol limit of .08.

Thurman was released to a sober driver, Lawson said.

Thurman was one of at least three players in a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The vehicle is owned by Bengals rookie wide receiver Reggie McNeal, who was a passenger, said a source at the scene. Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was a passenger and threw up out a window of the vehicle. Neither McNeal nor Henry was cited or charged with any type of violation.

Thurman, 23, was the only occupant charged with OVI, Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated (OVI). He is to appear in Hamilton County DUI Court on Monday, Oct. 2.

Thurman is currently serving a four-game suspension for a second violation of the NFL substance abuse policy, stemming from a failed test which was believed to be a missed test.

He is eligible to come off the suspended list and return to practice Oct. 2, one week from today. The Bengals played their third game Sunday, a 28-20 victory at Pittsburgh, to improve to 3-0.

Thurman, under terms of his suspension, is not allowed to be in the stadium on game day. The team flew home on a charter flight immediately after the game, and Thurman was believed to have hooked up with some teammates to celebrate the victory.

The Bengals’ standing policy is to not comment on players’ legal issues until they are resolved in the court system.

If convicted, Thurman would be subject to additional NFL discipline, including a fine or longer suspension.

greenpride
09-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Why should this surprise any of us?

texas'10
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I remember when Reggie McNeal was supposed to be one of the best quarterbacks.

Mot'r Boat'r
09-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by texas'10

college....then nothing went the right way....he has always had athletic ability to be an outstanding receiver as well tho

Old Tiger
09-25-2006, 03:18 PM
If he was a UT player he'd get bashed so hard by all the jealous Okies, Aggies, and Techies even though they weren't charged with anything.

Rabbit'93
09-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
If he was a UT player he'd get bashed so hard by all the jealous Okies, Aggies, and Techies even though they weren't charged with anything. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Kind of like the way the poster before you just did.

On topic:

What yahoos. Perry has a stellar game and then this. Guess they celebrated teh Bengals victory a bit much.

Old Tiger
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Kind of like the way the poster before you just did.

On topic:

What yahoos. Perry has a stellar game and then this. Guess they celebrated teh Bengals victory a bit much. Henry will be on Jacked Up tonight on Monday Night Countdown.

Rabbit'93
09-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Henry will be on Jacked Up tonight on Monday Night Countdown. I think I saw the rush of air come out of him when he got hit.

Old Tiger
09-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Kevin Faulk and Chris Henry will. I bet they are 1 and 2

Bull19
09-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by texas'10

HE WAS NOTHING BUT A CANCER TO THE A&M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
HE WAS NOTHING BUT A CANCER TO THE A&M FOOTBALL PROGRAM agreeded

Old Tiger
09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Didn't yall used to say he was as good if not better than Vince? Not stiring the pot just a serious question.

g$$
09-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Heck no I never said that. He was a cancer & a "me" guy who I & many others were glad to see go. Great athlete yes, but it ends there for me. I NEVER tooted his horn. He ought to know better than to associate w/ those guys. Henry & Thurman (among other Bengals) have repeatedly been in trouble.

Don't start casting stones Horns. One of your exes, Aaron Harris, took the blame for the weed in Austin w/ 2 current players in the same car a few weeks ago. Very similar cases, just alcohol & not weed/guns. Both are stupid to be in those situations. I hope he gets released, serves him right after just getting promoted from the practice squad last week. You are the company you keep.

texas'10
09-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Heck no I never said that. He was a cancer & a "me" guy who I & many others were glad to see go. Great athlete yes, but it ends there for me. I NEVER tooted his horn. He ought to know better than to associate w/ those guys. Henry & Thurman (among other Bengals) have repeatedly been in trouble.

Don't start casting stones Horns. One of your exes, Aaron Harris, took the blame for the weed in Austin w/ 2 current players in the same car a few weeks ago. Very similar cases, just alcohol & not weed/guns. Both are stupid to be in those situations. I hope he gets released, serves him right after just getting promoted from the practice squad last week. You are the company you keep.

Well said. The same thing happened with Ramonce Taylor. Got in with the wrong crowd, got in trouble and kicked off of the team. I wonder how much of this actually goes on under the radar.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Not only does he maybe need some new friends, he definitely needs a new choice in DD.....oh, like maybe someone who hasn't been drinking! :doh:

g$$
09-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Stuff happens daily, as you are trying to control about 125 guys including walk-ons. Every staff has a guy whose job is to put out fires daily. When I worked at A&M in Football Ops, the head trainer called me to have a certain star RB come to the locker room for a random drug test one day. So I found him & told him he was needed ASAP. He laughed & told me: "you didn't see me dawg", & he left. So I called the guy back & told him I relayed the message. He turned it over to the coaches. Put it this way, if you are good enough & valuable enough to the team, then you have to screw up really bad to get kicked off. Random tests are done by the schools, & they are used to run off guys you want to get rid of anyway. The NCAA only tests twice per year & everybody knows the dates ahead of time (once in August & before the bowl games). So you have to be an idiot to ever get caught in college (same w/ steroids). It's a business, plain & simple, & it goes on everywhere. Did you ever hear of Ricky Williams having drug problems while at Texas (now suspended by NFL again)? Of course not, you keep it in-house. Ramonce Taylor got in trouble off-campus too, but he had troubles in hs too. The RB I mentioned had a good college career but did not make it in the pros, that's all I will say. It's easier to enjoy the games as pure sport when you don't know as much about what goes on behind the scenes. It makes you jaded & cynical, believe me. But there's lots of good guys too who take care of their business & act in accordance with the law. Those are the ones you root for to have success.