PDA

View Full Version : H.S. Football Teams vs. Giddings

texas'10
09-25-2006, 11:32 AM
There are a lot of teams that dislike Giddings. Is it because Giddings is good? What are your thoughts?

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:33 AM
I think there are a lot of schools that don't like other schools for a lot of different reasons.

What are you referring to with Giddings?

texas'10
09-25-2006, 11:40 AM
I guess I am mainly referring to Giddings ,Cameron, and Hutto. I see a lot of arguments between these schools. I know last year Cameron beat Giddings 21-20, and Giddings recently beat Hutto 29-14. It is a shame that Giddings went D1 last year, this year ought to be a showdown.

Old Tiger
09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by texas'10
There are a lot of teams that dislike Giddings. Is it because Giddings is good? What are your thoughts? My guess is the way they play. They are poor sportsman. From the two games i've seen this year *********** has thrown around 8 or so punches because something doesn't go in his favor.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Exactly. I am told by some HS players that ******** has an attitude problem. If true, he apparently has a mouth that sounds like he has won a state title or something. Until he does, it can only be called immature.

buffpride
09-25-2006, 05:32 PM
IMO, our kids show just as good of sportsmanship as any other team out there. But, I am sure there is plenty of trash talk out there on the field. Just don't think your own teams kids are angels out there!

sicem74
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
bet dat

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by buffpride
IMO, our kids show just as good of sportsmanship as any other team out there. But, I am sure there is plenty of trash talk out there on the field. Just don't think your own teams kids are angels out there!

Winning should never replace character.

texas'10
09-25-2006, 08:37 PM
i was at the cameron and giddings game last year, and i know there was plenty of talking goin on. That was by far the most physical football games i have seen in a while.

lostaussie
09-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Winning should never replace character. great statement, and very true.

texas'10
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
In my opinion, the team that has or had the best character would be Smithville, even though they weren't very good, i heard many times that they played the cleanest football games. It shows a lot if you do not let your emotions take over, regardless of the outcome of a game

gold_33
09-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by buffpride

You are crazy!! I suppose the Giddings players dancing on the field with a minute left to play and drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty is showing real good sportmanship?

texas'10
09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
You are crazy!! I suppose the Giddings players dancing on the field with a minute left to play and drawing an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty is showing real good sportmanship?

I have see them do that before.

RdaleBoi08
09-25-2006, 09:20 PM
I Can remember last year when we played them in Giddings my sophomore year, and them jumping up and down and talkin trash.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
09-25-2006, 09:22 PM
In my opinion, the team that has or had the best character would be Smithville, even though they weren't very good, i heard many times that they played the cleanest football games. It shows a lot if you do not let your emotions take over, regardless of the outcome of a game

I'll agree that Smithville does have a lot of character despite having trouble winning games. I remember in previous years when they were lacking in character, but their new coach has shaped them into a group of guys who do nothing but play clean, hard football. I think that what he has done is the first step to turning that program into the right direction.

crabman
09-25-2006, 09:27 PM
You want to know about trash talk and character, read this.

http://www.12thmanfoundation.com/OnCampus/site/OCmag/vol3-3/8-11.pdf

You can play the game squeaky clean and you can play it at a high level.

c-town_balla
09-25-2006, 09:41 PM
thats a good story about cody wallace........back to about giddings they do talk lots of crap and if you say somthin back they get all offended and threatin physical harm......but its what ever..........in the words of sicem.......bet dat

sabre1
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
gold_33 quote:

They weren't dancing, they were celebrating because they just beat the stuffing out the big bad "Code Red"

If it were your team you would have been laughing your head off. Don't hate on a bunch of kids who just stepped up and played the game of their life.

Darren
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I think that mainly it is because Giddings has a good team and has been winning. If Giddings weren't winning this wouldn't be an issue. Cameron, Caldwell, Giddings, Rockdale and LaGrange have always been rivals and since they are so close together it makes it even more intense.

I think that LaGrange had the role of the hated school when they were winning in the 90's. Now that Giddings has a team that is ranked higher than Cameron, Hutto and Caldwell we are disliked. I think that if Cameron were ranked higher than the rest there would be dislike for them.

Jealousy........... That’s what it boils down to.

c-town_balla
09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
yeah we are jealous of giddings.........thats it..............the last time we played i beleve we won and that was last year.........we still kida have braggins rights i think

Gsquared
09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
i was at the cameron and giddings game last year, and i know there was plenty of talking goin on. That was by far the most physical football games i have seen in a while.
I was at that game, freakin slobber knocker!

wimbo_pro
09-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Sabre 1...apparently even the neutral ref thought it was uncalled for. See it as it is, not as how you want it to be.

texas'10
09-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
yeah we are jealous of giddings.........thats it..............the last time we played i beleve we won and that was last year.........we still kida have braggins rights i think

I guess c-town balla got a point. Cameron has the bragging rights, at least until the next matchup. Yes Giddings may be ranked higher, but rankings don't matter. What matters is who shows up to play.

gold_33
09-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
They weren't dancing, they were celebrating because they just beat the stuffing out the big bad "Code Red"

If it were your team you would have been laughing your head off. Don't hate on a bunch of kids who just stepped up and played the game of their life.

If in case you havent read I believe Wimberley won state last year. We beat some pretty good teams, one of them infact spanked Giddings the week before we played them. Not one of our players stood in front of the other teams defense and danced while the game was still goin on, and yes the linemen were dancing, and the Texans were playing the games of there lives every week. Until Giddings gets a ring on their finger they have nothing to dance about especially not a week zero win.

Darren
09-27-2006, 07:16 AM
I agree with you that Giddings was very rude dancing on the field. And I understand your point that you guys didn't do that even deep into the playoffs. But you have to see where those boys were coming from they just beat the defending state champs it was a very big win for them.

Do you remember when the US won the Ryder Cup and we celebrated on the course and got everyone mad at us??? Same thing...

Darren
09-27-2006, 07:18 AM
And for Cameron... Yes we were beaten by ya'll last year 21-20 and ya'll played a great game coming back from 20 down.

I just wish we were in the same district this year because I think that there would be different results and I don't think that we will get to play this year.

Maybe in the Playoffs.