PDA

View Full Version : Who will stand in the RICE RAIDERS way next year.

Raider4ever
06-10-2003, 08:33 PM
That's just it nobody will. I will like to see anbody try. And if your thinking Bellville I mean Weeville than you have another thing coming

RICE RAIDERS 16-0 STATE CHAMPS

Old Tiger
06-10-2003, 11:25 PM
What is yall's schedule?

3afan2K3
06-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Did you really have to make 2 topics about this?

Phil C
06-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Correction if it happens: Rice Raiders 2003 3A DIVISION II CHAMPIONS. Rice Raiders will be in Division II which is fortunate for Rice because you would not be able to beat Burnet or Everman in Division I. Not that I am downplaying the accomplishment if it happens for you in Division II but just making the correction.

Everman01Grad.
06-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Phil C. I was just wondering any unpdate on how good Sinton is going to be in the Fall?

Phil C
06-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Everman Sinton lost a lot of key players to graduation this year. I think they will still be good but they will be young and inexperienced. They may lose some pre district games and maybe even a district game or two but I think they will be in the playoffs. Of course they will be in Division 1 but I think by the time they get to the playoffs they will be playing well and may get as far as three games in the playoffs. Burnet and Wharton are probably the top teams in Division 1 in Region 4 and I don't think we will have to play them until the third playoff games. Overall since they lost many players to graduation I don't think they will be as strong as last year but I don't think they will be as weak as some people think. We will see.

Old Cardinal
06-11-2003, 12:59 PM
I would think that Rice Cons. will be in a real contest to even place 3rd to Get INTO the playoffs-The strong teams in 28-3A seem to be Wharton, Edna, and Sweeny. They better not take Sweeny lightly; or they will mop up the floor with Rice. Rice was just a two round team in Div. II, last season, and Sweeny, Edna and Wharton return a lot of skill. Now they can surely take Palacios and Needville.

Raider4ever
06-11-2003, 01:30 PM
Also last year, Rice gave Bandera the "State champs" the hardest fought game they had in there whole playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-11-2003, 02:25 PM
Raider4ever:
Also last year, Rice gave Bandera the "State champs" the hardest fought game they had in there whole playoffs.Port Isabel can easily say the same thing about that. So what???

bd62
06-11-2003, 06:10 PM
rice is loaded. only 5 seniors last year. edna had big losses in grads. this will be a rebuilding year for them. wharton will be about the same. sweeney and needville better. palacios will have a hard time competing in this dist.