PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL Pick'em Game...Week 3 Results...it gets confusing now!!!

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Well we had 3 teams this week that turned in the Celina/Princeton game as their "w/c game." However, this game isn't being played until this upcoming Friday. Since a legit game was turned in (though it has yet to be played) all 3 teams have been awarded 1 point for the game instead of the 2 points they could have earned for turning in a correct game. Please note that if Princeton beats Celina this upcoming Friday, the score for that game WILL BE CHANGED to 0 points and it treated as an incorrect pick!!!

Also, if any of the involved teams choose to use Celina in a future game (including this Friday's vs Princeton), they will still be eligible for the 2 pts like any regular wild card game.

Please ask questions if you have any and I'll do my best to clarify.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1607/week3resultswe6.jpg

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 10:57 AM
so i get points deducted for not researching a game time, but they get to possibly get points because they didn't do their research to see what WEEK a game was

what i did i do that makes you hate me forrest...

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 10:58 AM
they should not get anything next week or this week for that game....they should have to forfeit the chance to get points from that pick...they made an incorrect pick for an incorrect week.....

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
they should not get anything next week or this week for that game....they should have to forfeit the chance to get points from that pick...they made an incorrect pick for an incorrect week.....

have you always been such a cry baby??:p :D

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
have you always been such a cry baby??:p :D no i'm just pissed that i got deducted for "not researching" and these clowns are still getting a chance to get points for "not researching"

do you see what i mean

pirate4state
09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
no i'm just pissed that i got deducted for "not researching" and these clowns are still getting a chance to get points for "not researching"

do you see what i mean

Watch who you call a CLOWN!! :mad: :mad:

KindaCool
09-25-2006, 11:03 AM
that is a valid argument

Adidas410s
Here is what the difference is and why I made the decision I did. In your case, it was in the rules from Day 1 regarding the time changes. However, if you read the rules and it's wording, it simply states that if a pick is omitted (as is the case here) then Russ or myself will contact you to have it corrected. However, since neither of us caught the error (nor did anybody point it out after the picks were posted on Friday) then I cannot penalize a team for this. There is no rule outlining this situation and thus no cooresponding penalty. The teams (my team included) already receiving a 1 point penalty because they can only earn 1 point instead of 2 points. They are being given 1/2 credit for turning in a correct pick on an incorrect week. Should Princeton win the game, they will instead receive 0 points.

AggieJohn
Originally posted by pirate4state
Watch who you call a CLOWN!! :mad: :mad: back off

vet93
09-25-2006, 11:05 AM
I kind of agree with AJ on this one....Seems like a double standard...especially since the pick that he could have benefited from the week he was late was actually wrong....

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Watch who you call a CLOWN!! :mad: :mad:

Hey wait...I got called a clown too....huh???:eek: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by vet93
I kind of agree with AJ on this one....Seems like a double standard...especially since the pick that he could have benefited from the week he was late was actually wrong....

true

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Here is what the difference is and why I made the decision I did. In your case, it was in the rules from Day 1 regarding the time changes. However, if you read the rules and it's wording, it simply states that if a pick is omitted (as is the case here) then Russ or myself will contact you to have it corrected. However, since neither of us caught the error (nor did anybody point it out after the picks were posted on Friday) then I cannot penalize a team for this. There is no rule outlining this situation and thus no cooresponding penalty. The teams (my team included) already receiving a 1 point penalty because they can only earn 1 point instead of 2 points. They are being given 1/2 credit for turning in a correct pick on an incorrect week. Should Princeton win the game, they will instead receive 0 points.

but you never caught the error that the GOTW thread for that game did not mention at all that the game was on a thursday. Had you informed me, i would of done so with my teammates and had my pick in on time.

3afan
09-25-2006, 11:09 AM

yep - sounds like funny business to me ...

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:09 AM

so his late pick was incorrect. The same scoring is being applied here too. If your pick is incorrect...then it will amount to 0 points as well. The difference in these two situations is that AJ's situation was clearly stated in the rules since day 1 (in red print I might add) whereas the rules simply state that if a team omits a pick that they will be notified by Russ or myself and given the opportunity to correct the situation. Feel free to flame away at us for not catching it. Based on the rules, the burden was on us to verify that all the picks are correct and we failed in this regard. Why should 3 teams be penalized because the game admins screwed up? :thinking:

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:11 AM
I kind of agree with AJ on this one....Seems like a double standard...especially since the pick that he could have benefited from the week he was late was actually wrong.... exactly, I turned in our picks real quick and didn't even read the game updates or whatever.....granted you'd have to take my word at that

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
but you never caught the error that the GOTW thread for that game did not mention at all that the game was on a thursday. Had you informed me, i would of done so with my teammates and had my pick in on time.

Nowhere was it stated that we would notify you of when the games were. Also, it was pointed out that if you scrolled down to the 4th or 5th post in that thread you would have found out that it was on a Thursday night. It's been stated on numerous occasions that the teams are responsible for having the picks turned in on time. The rules also state that it is the admins responsibility to notify teams when they omit a pick or turn in something incorrect. We failed to do...nobody else pointed it out either. I could have just awarded each team 2 points for Celina beating Princeton and it's likely that you wouldn't have even noticed that the game hasn't been played yet...since you don't check the schedules anyway! ;)

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
so his late pick was incorrect. The same scoring is being applied here too. If your pick is incorrect...then it will amount to 0 points as well. The difference in these two situations is that AJ's situation was clearly stated in the rules since day 1 (in red print I might add) whereas the rules simply state that if a team omits a pick that they will be notified by Russ or myself and given the opportunity to correct the situation. Feel free to flame away at us for not catching it. Based on the rules, the burden was on us to verify that all the picks are correct and we failed in this regard. Why should 3 teams be penalized because the game admins screwed up? :thinking: yeah, but Forrest, we lost 3 points because of that....and in this game that you've set up, it's killer

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:13 AM
All the whining and complaining makes this almost not even any fun anymore......to me anyway!!:(

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:14 AM
exactly, I turned in our picks real quick and didn't even read the game updates or whatever.....granted you'd have to take my word at that
real quick??? real quick would have been turning them in on Monday...not 4 days later! ;)

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Nowhere was it stated that we would notify you of when the games were. Also, it was pointed out that if you scrolled down to the 4th or 5th post in that thread you would have found out that it was on a Thursday night. It's been stated on numerous occasions that the teams are responsible for having the picks turned in on time. The rules also state that it is the admins responsibility to notify teams when they omit a pick or turn in something incorrect. We failed to do...nobody else pointed it out either. I could have just awarded each team 2 points for Celina beating Princeton and it's likely that you wouldn't have even noticed that the game hasn't been played yet...since you don't check the schedules anyway! ;) and that would make you a corrupt adminstrator of this game..........which you not, i'm just advocating that you understand my complaint.......

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
real quick??? real quick would have been turning them in on Monday...not 4 days later! ;) i'm talking about thursday night...i was busy calling games man.....

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
yeah, but Forrest, we lost 3 points because of that....and in this game that you've set up, it's killer

you live by the rules...you die by the rules! ;) It doesn't mean that the rules can't be changed for future instances (notice how LHPM will point out the date/game of the games now) but when a situation arises, I have to make a decision based on the rules as they stand at that time. Unlike your sitaution, the rules do not state anything about what would occur should smoething like this arise, and it is a failure on my part to not plan for this when writing the game rules. Thus, how can I make a decision on something that is not covered in the rules at the time that it occurs???

I agree that it sucks...and I understand your complaint...but I have to work within the rules that have been established, and then they can be amended as necessary to have a contingency in place should this happen again in the future.

BTW..this likely won't be what happens in the future should this occur again. I haven't decided what will happen in the future. I'll get back to you on that one...

kepdawg
09-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I have no dog in the fight but it seems bogus to me that people could get points for picking a game in the wrong week.

I was surprised when I read how this will be handled.

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:21 AM

BTW..this likely won't be what happens in the future should this occur again. I haven't decided what will happen inn the future. I'll get back to you on that one...

what so your going to give them a special pass this time.......

i'm sorry to be an ass on this one forrest, but that's messed up.....

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I could care less....take the points....it's not worth this!

As far as I go, I was surprised to get them...but it is NOT worth all this complaining, whining, crying.....OMG, I feel like I am at a daycare center!!

pirate4state
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM

As far as I go, I was surprised to get them...but it is NOT worth all this complaining, whining, crying.....OMG, I feel like I am at a daycare center!! Let's not get carried away!! :p :p :p ;)

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
what so your going to give them a special pass this time.......

i'm sorry to be an ass on this one forrest, but that's messed up.....

I agree that it's messed up. I wrote the rules and I'm acknowledging the flaw in them. My question is this...how can I "penalize" a team for something when the rules as they are written right now clearly state that the admins will notify each team of any incorrect or omitted picks???

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 11:27 AM

As far as I go, I was surprised to get them...but it is NOT worth all this complaining, whining, crying.....OMG, I feel like I am at a daycare center!!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

I have no compassion!! It's MONDAY!!!!:mad: :mad:

vet93
I completely understand your reasoning...especially with the rules that were stated previously...however, it should not be the administrators job to point out errors (in the future) to the teams...you have enough on your plate. I also want to personally thank you for your (and Russ and Lhpm) putting the effort into putting all of this together. Please don't think that my comment regarding the way each of these cases were handled was a slam on you...I think that you are doing a great job...any time there is a competition you are going to have these types of situations...

AJ...I think that any more comments by you on this subject will hurt more than help.

RM...This is a competition...the whining has not been that bad. If you take out the competitive nature of the game...then it also takes out the fun...

I agree that it's messed up. I wrote the rules and I'm acknowledging the flaw in them. My question is this...how can I "penalize" a team for something when the rules as they are written right now clearly state that the admins will notify each team of any incorrect or omitted picks???

AggieJohn
i'm sorry RM, and Rita, you just don't understand the competitive balances of Guys..........

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:36 AM

RM...This is a competition...the whining has not been that bad. If you take out the competitive nature of the game...then it also takes out the fun...

With all due respect....you haven't read my Im's or PM's!!:)

vet93
09-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I understand:)

With all due respect....you haven't read my Im's or PM's!!:)

pirate4state
09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
i'm sorry RM, and Rita, you just don't understand the competitive balances of Guys.......... We do. Neither of us likes to lose either, but unlike you I know when I'm fighting a losing battle and will just keep my mouth shut!

CenTexSports
09-25-2006, 11:38 AM
This is why baseball has umpires and football has referees. Someone not in the game should be dropping a yellow flag and making the calls. From an unbiased point of view, it appears that turning in your picks in a week the game doesn't exist is just like turning in your picks late. No points should be allowed for either in the week in question. If the teams want to use the same teams next week when the game is actually played then they can.

RM - You are awfully touchy today. Why is a good argument upsetting you so much?

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

RM - You are awfully touchy today. Why is a good argument upsetting you so much?

You think I am upset???:eek:

ROFL!! I guess that shows how much you REALLY know me!

My little smilie faces must not be making the desired impact...hmmm.:thinking:

I guess mods can't have any fun!! :mad:

I will get back to work now http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sad0064.gif

CenTexSports
09-25-2006, 11:47 AM
There were no smiley faces on the posts where you seemed upset. There was one mean face and the others indicated frustration and unhappiness. I was just concerned about your mental well-being. I prefer an onery RM to a mad and upset RM.

Sorry that I care so much (I probably won't sleep at all tonight).

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 11:55 AM
i don't understand how complaining about what i see as an injustice............

i never signed up to post on this board saying "i'll think and nicely post my feelings and opinions". No, I post what i feel when i feel it, and how I feel it.....if that's sounding like whining, then so be it......i'd much rather be true then be a fake poster

if you don't understand that my team has gotten hosed now twice than that's fine, but to me, it just infuriates me......

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
There were no smiley faces on the posts where you seemed upset. There was one mean face and the others indicated frustration and unhappiness. I was just concerned about you mental well-being. I prefer an onery RM to a mad and upset RM.

Sorry that I care so much (I probably won't sleep at all tonight).

ROFL!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/boogie.gif

I am SOOO sorry!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/sorry.gif

I will try to be more conscientious when placing my smiles!!!:kiss: :inlove: :kiss:

I don't want you losing sleep over me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/kisses.gif

Oh....me and AJ have been on an IM since the beginning of this thread.....we are fine, we talk on a regular basis!!:D

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
if you don't understand that my team has gotten hosed now twice than that's fine, but to me, it just infuriates me......

Yes AJ...I did this intentionally to piss you off. I asked 3 teams to pick the same game as their w/c game and had them turn it in...and then made a ruling that you wouldn't agree with. Seriously...grow up just a bit!

It's funny how at first it was my fault when you didn't want to accept any responsibility in the game...and now it has flip flopped to the you wanting me to place the responsibility on the individuals instead of where the rules that were in place say that it should lie...on myself and Russ.

Maybe if your team would not miss 2 to 3 picks per week...then they wouldn't be in last place. Stop being a blame shifter...it just gets annoying after a while!

SideBurnWillie
09-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Adidas are arbitration talks over? Am I still a free agent or am I on a team?

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
Adidas are arbitration talks over? Am I still a free agent or am I on a team?

You sure you want to be involved in this mess??:crazy1: :crazy1:

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 01:28 PM
oh sorry Willie we didn't get back to you. Russ and I talked and figure it would be best to put you on the 3Men and an Aggie team.

To explain for everybody else (namely AJ), we are doing this so that their team can continue to have 4 members and thus retain their bonus. Yes AJ...I'm trying to avoid you waking up one day and :weeping: that they should lose their bonus because they admit to no longer having a member from all regions participating in the game! :thumbsup:

Hops...let me know if you want to change the team name to something else. That will not be a problem at all.

SideBurnWillie
09-25-2006, 01:35 PM
oh sorry Willie we didn't get back to you. Russ and I talked and figure it would be best to put you on the 3Men and an Aggie team.

To explain for everybody else (namely AJ), we are doing this so that their team can continue to have 4 members and thus retain their bonus. Yes AJ...I'm trying to avoid you waking up one day and :weeping: that they should lose their bonus because they admit to no longer having a member from all regions participating in the game! :thumbsup:

Hops...let me know if you want to change the team name to something else. That will not be a problem at all.

Thanks so much! :D So dahop is the captian? :thinking:

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 04:36 PM
It's funny how at first it was my fault when you didn't want to accept any responsibility in the game...and now it has flip flopped to the you wanting me to place the responsibility on the individuals instead of where the rules that were in place say that it should lie...on myself and Russ.

I accepted responsibility for not getting those picks in in time, and took the 3 pt penalty. However, you are not being fair by letting those three teams who didn't research well enough to accept responsibility for their actions. If I am subject to a rule, then everyone is subject to that same rule.

And it's not whining, it's constructive criticism.

Ranger Mom
09-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Wow...I thought this thread had died!

You were right AJ...I should have closed in when we talked about it! :D

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Wow...I thought this thread had died!

You were right AJ...I should have closed in when we talked about it! :D Don't make me look like the a$$, I have a problem with the contest and am voicing my concern before the crowd that participates in it. People don't need to be so touchy when someone disagrees with a ruling.

KTJ
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Uh, is my team losing?

We don't accept losing at The University of Texas.

Adidas410s
09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
I accepted responsibility for not getting those picks in in time, and took the 3 pt penalty. However, you are not being fair by letting those three teams who didn't research well enough to accept responsibility for their actions. If I am subject to a rule, then everyone is subject to that same rule.

And it's not whining, it's constructive criticism.

It can't get any clearer than this. With the rules in place at the time this took plaec, this is an apples and oranges discussion.

Oh...and Russ and I agreed this is the best (though not perfect) way to handle this situation. There will be a rules change coming tmrw.

AggieJohn
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Uh, is my team losing?

We don't accept losing at The University of Texas. why the crap do you think i'm parading around like a mad man

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2006, 05:00 PM

As far as I go, I was surprised to get them...
Ditto, RM.